PDA

View Full Version : installing X-Sport front bumper

GTan24
05-28-2013, 04:17 PM
I took my bodykit to a bodyshop I know well and when they told me that they wouldn't install the front bumper because they are not allowed to tamper with the rebar. I know some of you have front bumpers similar and I was wondering where you installed them because I do want to try to get this bumper on very soon

Mitchell3
05-28-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm sure an unofficial body shop would do it. Reddie on the forums here did mine; mind you he's in Cambridge.

Didn't realize body shops are uptight about that. Last body shop I went to couldn't even remember to put my Styrofoam back on...

GTan24
05-28-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm sure an unofficial body shop would do it. Reddie on the forums here did mine; mind you he's in Cambridge.

Didn't realize body shops are uptight about that. Last body shop I went to couldn't even remember to put my Styrofoam back on...

ya they said that if i got into a crash i could sue them so they dont touch the frame, but if Reddie does a good job i wouldnt mind going out to cambridge to do it

Mitchell3
05-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Did a good job with mine. Reddie1337 is his full user name if you decide to pm him.

S.F.W.
05-28-2013, 09:53 PM
ya they said that if i got into a crash i could sue them so they dont touch the frame, but if Reddie does a good job i wouldnt mind going out to cambridge to do it

Try Velocity autobody in Markham, fairly certain they will do it.

GTan24
05-29-2013, 12:45 AM

Ill definatly look them up and make a call, wanted to get this in before the bubba# but it seems I might only get the rear and skirt in time :(

Mitchell3
05-29-2013, 05:36 PM
I had velocity do the paint on my bumper. No problems other than I think they are the ones who misplaced my styrofoam lol.

GWN
05-29-2013, 05:53 PM

+1 to velocity. Great shop, great prices, and really great turnaround time!

Dynames
05-29-2013, 06:02 PM
My friend with a subaru legacy just installed a VIS Racing bumper. Needless to say his rebar is in his back trunk right now. I knew the name of the shop but it escapes me atm, I'll ask him if interested. But yeah the shops will definitely do it, whether its worth it or not is another story. For my buddy he is planning to remove the bumper in the winter... I warned him but meh what can I say

GTan24
05-30-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm hoping not to have to remove the rebar entirely but just cut it on the sides if anything, if you take off a rebar you can't get the car certified or insured. Idk if its the same with cutting it but I know if the bumper goes on this is gonna have to be a summer only car

Mitchell3
05-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Just have them cut it. You can still keep the majority of it intact. For me, in the fall I'll just swap the bumper back to stock for winter. That way I save on needing a winter beater or ruining a paint job each year.

The Wolf
05-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Maybe I'm a little paranoid today, but if I were you guys I'd be careful speaking about modifications to your rebar on a public forum.

Mitchell3
05-30-2013, 07:07 PM
by rebar i mean my chocolate Reese Bar. Cutting it allows me to control my sugar intake for the day.

GTan24
06-04-2013, 11:02 PM
I drive a pearl white nissan leaf incase any one is looking for me ;)