PDA

View Full Version : Bargaining for a price

DJArum
02-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I\'m interseted in getting the 3 sport right now and I\'m wondering what people out there have paid or saved off the MSRP.

mz3er
02-26-2004, 05:05 PM
The MSRP on the 4 door GT is $21,345... I got mine for $20,800. But then there is freigth and a/c tax, gas tax and stuff on top of that.

Your discount will also depend if you trade in an old car or not too. Sometimes I think they will give you a better deal off the new car, but will offer you less money for your used trade-in to balance it, so be careful about your purchase.

DJArum
02-28-2004, 05:40 AM
OK Thanks. I\'m probably gonna go this weekend or next weekend.

TOmz3
03-05-2004, 02:26 AM
I got $1000 off on mine, but my trade in was pretty low I think.

DJArum
03-05-2004, 12:24 PM
$1000 is amazing, most people I found haven\'t been able to get much of a discount. I think I also qualify for the grad rebate too. It\'s $600 bucks, but I guess that shouldn\'t go into the bargaining price right?

I\'m still undecided on my color and between the sport or sedan.... decisions, decisions, decisions.

Xenon
04-22-2004, 09:23 AM
My Mazda3 Sport GT was $29,995.75 on the road MSRP. I got it for $29,095.45 oon the road. Take note, right now it is very very very very hard to get a price under $1000 off MSRP. The cars are selling too well to give up profit. I\'ve talked to some of the other Mazda dealers I was thinking of buying from, and they said they never even would get approval on a discount as large as I did.

Take note, I baught mind on April 13. April 1st, Mazda boosted the MSRP by $100 and put strict rules on allowing the price to go down.

sw0rdfish
04-22-2004, 10:51 AM
I got 1000$ off the MSRP w/ my 98 Jetta trade in. They gave me a great amount on the trade in... higher than any other wholesaler or dealer I spoke to. So I jumped.

Xenon
04-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately, I didn\'t qualify for any type of discount, no grad rebate, owner loyalty or trade in. So I paid nearly full price... But once I have the car, it will be worth it :D

sw0rdfish
04-22-2004, 08:43 PM
How does one get the grad rebate? Maybe I\'ll browse the Mazda Canada site... I know I Qualify.

Xenon
04-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Just prove that you graduated from an accredited University or College program within the last year, and you qualiify. I just finished 2nd year, so I don\'t qualify yet.

miggiddy
04-22-2004, 11:34 PM
I\'m getting the grad rebate (still waiting for the cheque, 6-8 weeks). To qualify you must have graduated between Jan 2000 to Jan 2004 (some month this year). Supply your transcript from your college/university and bam 600 bucks (well you just have to wait for it). I\'ll be on Mazda like a hawk for that cash.

Xenon
04-23-2004, 12:00 AM
oh is that how it works huh? I thought they would take the cash right out of the car price.

sw0rdfish
04-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Even if you bought the car already, as long as you\'re graduating before Dec 31st you can get it... I think!!! I could be wrong though.

Gonna read the mazda site more in a moment.

Xenon
04-23-2004, 12:18 AM
I\'m not graduating until 2007 :( so I don\'t think i qualify hahaha

Titanum-3
04-29-2004, 04:11 PM
I am graduating this year but my car is in my dads name so I could afford the insurance, so I can\'t get the grad rebate. My dealer gave me an extra year warranty when I bought my car. What pissed me off was two days later they had $500 off and 3 days after that they had the xbox promotion. I went in a few times but couldn\'t get an Xbox from them.

Xenon
04-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Hmmm... I want an Xbox... but whatever... I want my car more than an Xbox

sw0rdfish
04-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Titanum-3

I am graduating this year but my car is in my dads name so I could afford the insurance, so I can\'t get the grad rebate. My dealer gave me an extra year warranty when I bought my car. What pissed me off was two days later they had $500 off and 3 days after that they had the xbox promotion. I went in a few times but couldn\'t get an Xbox from them.

Wonder if the fact that both my dad\'s name and mine are on the ownership, If I\'ll have a problem

Xenon
04-30-2004, 06:51 PM
I think that you are entitled to the rebate... since your name is also on the car.

miggiddy
05-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

Wonder if the fact that both my dad\'s name and mine are on the ownership, If I\'ll have a problem

Not sure, but doesn\'t hurt to ask.

sw0rdfish
05-01-2004, 12:57 AM
Well it\'s frustrating becuase the only reason his name is on the papers, is becuase my insurance said they would give me a lower rate if my dad owned the car as well. So I had the dealer change the papers...

Then when they changed it, the insurance company changed their mind and said my name couldn\'t be on there... ****!... the story goes on to the dealer messing up the forms again, and not giving me the whole information... suddently my dad is applying for the credit instead of me... but I wouldn\'t let him because he didn\'t want it on his credit report... so I ended up just buying it and paying 1,000$ more a year on insurance...

to boot my insurance company then quoted me $8,900 a year insurance. I laughed my ass off at her, and took my business elsewhere.. 9Gs... are you serious??? Oh but I am...

So if this now causes a problem with the grad rebate... somone dies!!

Moderator\'s Edit (Xenon):
Post edited to remove profanity.

miggiddy
05-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Insurance companies are the worse, I love how they made record profits this past year. 2.5 billion or something crazy. I will stop there before I get worked up.

Xenon
05-01-2004, 03:28 AM
$9000... wow... How old are you? what kind of license do you have? how long have you been driving? is your record clean?

sw0rdfish
05-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

$9000... wow... How old are you? what kind of license do you have? how long have you been driving? is your record clean?
I turned 24 Last weekend..
I have 2 speeding tickets one under 15 on under 25..
I have a G license and I\'ve never made a claim..

They just didn\'t want my business I guess.

Xenon
05-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Interesting.... you may want to lok elsewhere... $9000 sounds relly steap. Try PC Insurance... I know it\'s from President\'s Choice (the people affiliated with Loblaws) but I have heard that their rates are really competitive. Give them a try.

sw0rdfish
05-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

Interesting.... you may want to lok elsewhere... $9000 sounds relly steap. Try PC Insurance... I know it\'s from President\'s Choice (the people affiliated with Loblaws) but I have heard that their rates are really competitive. Give them a try.

I\'m with Pilot insurance now... only paying 3900 a year, which is still relativley high, but maybe it\'ll teach me to slow my ass down [ brand new Mazda 3 doesn\'t help the slowing down situation ]

Xenon
05-02-2004, 04:39 PM
haha.... well use the cruise control... set it at 100 km/h or whatever the limit is... it will get annoying as hell, but at least it will save you a ticket.

Mojo
05-08-2004, 08:32 PM
If you\'ve just graduated from university, check out Meloche Monnex.. rates on there are ususally quite good, though I myself am not using them (it\'s cheaper to go through group insurance with my parents)

Dr Butcher
06-13-2004, 10:27 PM
I\'m using Meloche Monnex right now and they are the cheapest I\'ve found. I got a quote from PC and it was $30 a month more than I\'m paying now....

Back to the topic, I went in to Morningside Mazda on Friday to negotaite for a 3 sedan. I got totally lowballed on my trade (a 96 B3000 4x4 extended cab pickup). The salesman (Joseph John) was a scam artist and tried to convince me that $1500 my my truck was a good deal. Yeah right. He tried to tell me that he looked up a 97 pickup and searched Trader.ca and they were all selling for less than $6000. I don\'t know who he was tring to kid, when I came home I did some browsing and found trucks with way more than my 100,000 kms with no 4x4 or extended cabs were going for $6000-$10000.... I hate it when guys try and take advantage of people.

I\'ve also heard that Mazda Head office gives incentives to it\'s dealers in the form of cash back to them in order for them to make a deal. It gives them a bit of leeway and lets them drop the price a bit in order to make a sale... I don\'t know what it is on the 3 but Mr Joseph John tried to get me coming and going. Lowballing me on my trade, not moving on the price and then trying to pocket the incentive.... After all was said and done, and I was totally pissed, he tried to convince me to buy the car anyway with $0 down and an $800 a month payment not including insurance.... What I didn\'t want to tell him is that I could have paid for the car in cash that afternoon, he was just too greedy for his own good.

o.mz3
08-08-2004, 09:49 PM
With little effort I was able to negotiate $747 off the sticker with NO trade-in. Add the $600 grad rebate on top and I did ok.

Dr Butcher
08-10-2004, 10:59 AM
After my experience with Morningside I went and talked to JP (the GM at Gyro) he was awesome about everything and sold the car at $500 over dealer cost. I couldn\'t recommend Gyro enough. I am totally satisfied with the treatment I have received from them so far. The only thing is that it\'ll be a trek to get my car serviced by them, I may check out Ajax who my girlfriend uses and loves.

Morningside and the hacks they have working for them have seen the last of me.

Oh yeah, there is no incentives on the 3 as stated in my earlier post. They are selling so well Mazda Canada doesn\'t need to provide incentives to the dealerships. :)

super_vixen
08-10-2004, 12:00 PM
MSRP on my car is 24,285
With all the freight/ac tax/gas tax/etc + I get my grad discount (600), got them to throw in tinting (369), all season mats (108), and $100 off = 26,095.13

Then with my trade in (6000ish) then add in all that tax jazz = $22009.40