PDA

View Full Version : 05 Mazda 3 crazy highway shakes

PegCityMazda
09-16-2013, 08:11 PM
First post here looking for some help. Ive fixed numerous things with my used 05 mazda 3 stock with the help of this forum.

Heres the deal. two main issues

#1-

My 3 shakes like crazy when im on steady highway between 90km +, if you are driving steady on flat ground its not bad. Under any load or hitting a hill however the car shakes and not just the steering wheel the entire car and like crazy.

Pop it into neutral and its smooth sailing, no shake. Pop into drive shakes again. can still shift through all gears without hesitation. Replaced passenger motor mount which was in two pieces i found, (thanks mazda) with a new oem one. Didn't help. 4 Brand new tires balanced and alignment. You can drive through the city normally with no issues accelerating and no shakes.

#2- Another issue But im 90% sure unrelated to the above.

Continuous squeak coming from pass side that goes away when brakes are depressed fully. Faster noise faster car gets. You can play with the sound the more you play with the brakes. Brakes work great and stop easily. Rotors dont look out of ordinary. No unusual feel to braking.

Bring it to mazda and they are all over the place. Say LF axle inner joint damaged and to get rid of noise they want to replace front pads, LF and RF hub and bearing and LF and RF rotors. Basically a new front end will get rid of noise and shake.

any help....would be great and save me $2,000

-ToM-
09-16-2013, 08:31 PM
I had shake in my car, turned out to be a damaged rim, and not balanced wheels. Are your rims old or is there a chance they could be damaged?

PegCityMazda
09-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I had shake in my car, turned out to be a damaged rim, and not balanced wheels. Are your rims old or is there a chance they could be damaged?

I never had an issue on the highway when i bought the car and test drove it. Just started all of a sudden. If you put the car in neutral you can coast at 100 whatever and no shakes which makes me think its driveshaft related

r4BBiT
09-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Transmission mount?