PDA

View Full Version : Tinting - FX Auto (Markham)

bluntman
04-20-2004, 11:01 AM
For those of you in the east end or those willing to go out there, I couldn\'t recommend this place any higher. They have great service, quick installation and a great price. I believe all of their tints come with a lifetime warranty and they have three different tint to choose from. I opted for their premium tint film @ 35% I believe. For a HB it cost me $280-ish, taxes included, with the Toronto Protege Club discount (although I am not a member).

DJArum
04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
$280ish is a little more then what I\'ve seen around, most places will do it for 240 - 260, but I guess if they do a superb job, then it\'s worth the extra bucks and not have the hassles later on.

Is the back windshield all one piece?

04-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Yup.

It may seem a bit much, but these guys have been around a long time (I don\'t like those \"fly by night\" places) and what\'s nice is that they offer three different grades of tint and (I believe) they use a vinyl cutter to cut the pieces of film.

bluntman
04-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Damn, I forgot to login before posting the above message.

TM3
04-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Actually thanks... I had to disable \'guest\' privilege to post anything... I didn\'t realize that by default, guests can post... It\'s just good for preventing guest logins to post profanity, etc...

Xenon
04-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Hmmm... how did you get the TOProtege discount without being a member?

bluntman
04-21-2004, 06:55 PM
The guy asked, \"You\'re with the Protege Club, right?\"

sw0rdfish
04-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

HAHA!

Tint King in Mississauga, on Wolfdale quoted me $150.00 for Window Tint... they do the 3M stuff also. I\'ll have to see

Xenon
04-21-2004, 08:23 PM

So you just said yes? Hmmm...

bluntman
04-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Make sure you get the Premium film, it\'s worth the extra expense.

Tint King...geez. See how long their warranty (against fading or peeling) is on their tint.

Xenon
04-21-2004, 09:14 PM
FX Auto huh? Well when I get my car, and the money I\'ll bug you for the address :p :D

bluntman
04-21-2004, 09:17 PM
11 Heritage Dr across the road (McCowan Road) from Markville Town Centre.

Make yourself an appointment during mall hours, drop your car off at FX Auto and head to the mall for a couple of hours. Heck, check out Best Buy for some car audio upgrades! :D

Xenon
04-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a plan! but I may be short on cash for the tint. The car cleaned out my account pretty good. I do plan on getting the 3M Protection bra first, before tints tho.

bluntman
04-21-2004, 09:46 PM
I was thinking about getting the 3M done as well. Another member on the Mazda3Forums had it done to his red HB. I think he had the front bumper, hood and side sills done. The only thing I don\'t like is that dust, grit and wax will build up at the edges of the film thus making the \"invisible\" film that much more visible.

I think my next major upgrade will be heated seats, I can only imagine how cold my leather seats will be in the winter!

Xenon
04-22-2004, 09:26 AM
I\'m going to do the following External Mods in this order:

3M Bra
Window Tint
Xenon

Everything after that is in the air. I don\'t plan to do much performance wise. I would have gotten this all done within a week of having my car (except the Xenon), but I\'m short on cash.

Xenon
04-22-2004, 09:58 AM
The dude at FX wouldn\'t happen to be Chinese would he?

bluntman
04-22-2004, 10:05 AM
I believe, the brothers who own it, are Polish...engineers too!

Xenon
04-22-2004, 10:09 AM
hmmm... ok... I think if there are enough of us that go to FX, he may start offering TM3 Discounts haha

wtom
05-28-2004, 02:35 PM

I was thinking about getting the 3M done as well. Another member on the Mazda3Forums had it done to his red HB. I think he had the front bumper, hood and side sills done. The only thing I don\'t like is that dust, grit and wax will build up at the edges of the film thus making the \"invisible\" film that much more visible.

Is anyone able to post some pics of this clear bra after a few hundred kms? ie. is it really possible to see the edges?

sw0rdfish
05-29-2004, 12:27 AM
After calling all over, sounds like I\'m going to go to FX auto.. I\'ve heard bad stories about Tint King, which probably explains the 150 dollar price tag... Lifetime warranty, ona place as highly reccomended as FX Auto.... sounds good to me.

Xenon
05-29-2004, 11:47 PM
I too am going to go to FX Auto... Probably sometime next weekend. Anyone want to join me?

Soulcrusher
05-30-2004, 01:22 AM
If it\'s gonna be on the weekend, you better call ahead and make an appointment.

Wayne @ 905-471-7555

snipe
05-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Xenon,

I want to get my 3 tinted, I\'m just not sure where I\'m going to go. I\'m going to call FX Auto on Monday and get some info. So there\'s a chance I might join you on the weekend. In any case I\'ll let you know Monday with my decision if I\'m going to FX Auto or elsewhere.

Xenon
05-30-2004, 06:37 PM
that\'s cool. I\'m giving FX a call on Monday as well.

snipe
05-31-2004, 09:53 AM
Xenon,

I\'ve made my appointment for Saturday June 12 at FX Auto. This saturday is completely booked and I can\'t make it during the week :(

Xenon
05-31-2004, 06:47 PM
whew.. I got mine for Thursday at 3:00 PM (I\'m off work at 2:30!)

Soulcrusher
06-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by snipe

I\'ve made my appointment for Saturday June 12 at FX Auto. This saturday is completely booked and I can\'t make it during the week :(

I still have to call Wayne to see if he can do the bumper for the Sedan GT/GFX. Hopefully, he\'s got a template by then. If he\'s got it, I\'ll try to get an appointment on Sat, June 12 also. Maybe I\'ll see you down there :)

Soulcrusher
06-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

whew.. I got mine for Thursday at 3:00 PM (I\'m off work at 2:30!)

Are you doing the bumper, too? I have a feeling that the bumper he put on mine might have been for the hatch. And if it is, then maybe I\'ll call him up and ask him to test yours out. If it works, maybe he can charge you a lower rate ... and if it doesnt\' work, he\'ll probably remove it from the bumper and not charge you at all.

Let me know by Tuesday so that I can give him a call on Wednesday.

Xenon
06-01-2004, 07:28 PM
hey for sure!!1 I want the bumper done!!! Let me know what\'s going on... I\'ll pm you with my cell phone number if you need to get a hold of me.

Soulcrusher
06-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Alright, I\'ll give Wayne a call tomorrow and see what he can do for you.

Soulcrusher
06-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Xenon,

Called Wayne this morning and he still has not tried the bumper for anyone else yet. I mentioned that you are interested and that perhaps he can test out the hatch template on your car. He couldn\'t promise that he would have the time to do it as he might be busy tomorrow.

If I were you, I\'d ask him tomorrow if he has the time to do it. I\'d also ask him about the price. I wouldn\'t go over $150 as you would be the first hatch he\'d be working on. He\'s been a really great guy thus far and I\'d think he\'d be willing (I\'m even guessing that he will offer it before you ask) to give you a good deal this one time.

Anyhow, I remember that I was willing to spend $550 (quote I was given by someone else) for just the 3M bra for the bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors alone.

It\'s so far been only $375 (less the bumpers, but with tint). So possibly another couple of hundred for the bumper is still a steal.

Xenon
06-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Alright, Thanks... we shall see what happens.. I have my $375 ready. I\'ll keep an extra $200 in my wallet just in case.

SED
06-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Guys, I am heading to Fx Auto for 375 tint and clear bra (hood, fenders and mirror). On top - for 25 extra - I\'ll have the rear bumper strip (also available on the computer as the front-end cuts) and the bottom of the side doors...
What I would like is to have a second strip of film on the engine hood. I\'ll let you know guys how much will add up.

Xenon
06-08-2004, 06:37 PM
I sucessfully got a flawless tint (35% F/15% R) and Lumar Car Bra job done at FX last Thursday. Wayne was truly a great guy. A1 Job, perfect.

$375, including tax, Cash.

SED
06-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey snipe, guess I\'ll meet you there on Saturday... ;)

Soulcrusher
06-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by SED

Hey snipe, guess I\'ll meet you there on Saturday... ;)

What time are you guys planning to go up there?

snipe
06-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Soulcrusher,

When I phoned FX Auto I was told to be there in the morning, becuase they\'re only open till 1 pm. So I\'m going to show up as soon as they\'re open (have to call about that still) but it\'ll be sometime between 8 and 9 am (closer to 8).

I\'m still so undecided if I should go 35% all around, 35%F/20%R, or just 20% all around. I guess I\'ll make my final decision when I show up there.

Do they have samples there so you could look how dark the film is?

SED
06-09-2004, 10:34 AM
That would be 8:30am my case.
About the samples, they have the rols - didn\'t notice other stuff. 15% on the rear is too dark for my taste. Still wondering is 20% would be better than 25%...

Xenon
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
20% all round may attract attention from the cops... it\'s difficult to see the driver at night with 20% tint.

Soulcrusher
06-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

20% all round may attract attention from the cops... it\'s difficult to see the driver at night with 20% tint.

That\'s true, especially if you have dark cloth seats. Since the majority of you will have the dual color seats, that means 20% in the front is probably too dark. Today, when my friend dropped me off to pick up my car at about 7:00 pm, he thought my tint (which is 38%) was very dark. I opened up the doors so that he can see it from the inside out and you can see that it\'s quite light.

Again, it\'s personal preference. If your driving style doesn\'t attract attention, cops will probably leave you alone.

Anyway, FX Auto had three samples hanging up. You can probably ask for Wayne\'s opinion if you still aren\'t sure. He actually recommended 20% to some guy who had a Jaguar with beige seats. And he recommended the 38% to me. I\'m really happy with this choice! :)

Xenon
06-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Note... premium film is not available in a tint less than 20%.

I have 15% tint in the rear... I used the \"comfort film\".

snipe
06-12-2004, 01:26 PM
I just got back from FX Auto, got my windows tinted 30% all around.

He actually recommended 20% to some guy who had a Jaguar with beige seats.

Haha, Wayne mentioned the exact same thing to me about the guy in the Jaguar.

SED
06-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Hey snipe, you fella, sow you at the corner when leaving from FX Auto. Nice tint. I got only the tint done that day, as we discuss to investigate the way of getting a wider film, to cover the hood with one piece, instead of using two stripes...
The tint looks good so far, just few small bubbles... hope will go away... 35%front, 20%rear. Cheers,

miggiddy
06-14-2004, 08:03 PM
FX seems to be a busy place. Called today to try and book an appointment and their Sat. is already full. I guess with limited hours on Sat. it\'s pretty easy to fill.

Did anyone buy the tint alone? How much did you pay and what film did you get?
FX quoted $275 for the Premier film

The Detailing Shop quoted $245 for the exact same film.

I\'m leaning towards the Detailing Shop since I\'m going to get if for 245 for sure. I wonder how much FX will haggle down to meet the other price. Any thoughts from those who have gone to FX, thanks.

snipe
06-14-2004, 08:52 PM
SED,

I was around your car the whole time trying to use it as a guide what % I should get. After talking to Wayne for like 45 minutes I finally decided. I also have many tiny bubbles on my passanger side. Do those go away eventually, cause I noticed some of them disappeared already. I hope the others vanish too. I called FXAuto and they said they should disappear.

miggiddy,

I got the tint alone. Comfort film (the medium one cuase only it comes in 30%), $250 cash (no tax).

I will be going to get the clear bra (once I get some money) when FX Auto gets the front grille kit for the GT. Wayne said it should be sometime next week. It\'ll be $150 for grille, mirrors, and a strip on the hood.

bluntman
06-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

FX seems to be a busy place. Called today to try and book an appointment and their Sat. is already full. I guess with limited hours on Sat. it\'s pretty easy to fill.

Did anyone buy the tint alone? How much did you pay and what film did you get?
FX quoted $275 for the Premier film

The Detailing Shop quoted $245 for the exact same film.

I\'m leaning towards the Detailing Shop since I\'m going to get if for 245 for sure. I wonder how much FX will haggle down to meet the other price. Any thoughts from those who have gone to FX, thanks.

I paid $250 for the premium film with the Toronto Protege Club discount, that was back in February.

Soulcrusher
06-14-2004, 11:11 PM

I paid $250 for the premium film with the Toronto Protege Club discount, that was back in February.

Actually, it was because of bluntman\'s comment that I had called up FX Auto way back when. When I called I mentioned that there\'s a new forum ... this one. So, as long as you mention that you are with the Toronto Mazda3 club, they will give you the price of $250.

If you want the Llumar bra for the hood, fenders and mirrors (normally for $150) and do it at the same time as the tint, Wayne will knock off another $25. So if you mention that it\'s listed for $375 on this forum, he should honour the price.

I\'m still gonna go back one day and find out the price for the bumper.

miggiddy
06-15-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Soulcrusher

Actually, it was because of bluntman\'s comment that I had called up FX Auto way back when. When I called I mentioned that there\'s a new forum ... this one. So, as long as you mention that you are with the Toronto Mazda3 club, they will give you the price of $250.

If you want the Llumar bra for the hood, fenders and mirrors (normally for $150) and do it at the same time as the tint, Wayne will knock off another $25. So if you mention that it\'s listed for $375 on this forum, he should honour the price.

I\'m still gonna go back one day and find out the price for the bumper.

Cool, thanks guys.

I\"ll talk to Wayne (funny how his name gets thrown around, like we\'ve know him for years) and make sure I mention this forum if not TOPC. I\'ll ask him about the bumper for ya.

SED
06-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Yeap - that\'s the true story,
250 for the tint - premium - (if you need the invoice then add the taxes).
125 for the clear bra (for another 25 he will throw on the rear bumper stripe and bottom of the doors)... (again add taxes if you need the invoice)
Still waiting for Wayne to see how will do covering the engine hood completely...

wtom
06-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Add taxes for invoice? Sounds too Chinese to me... :D

Will FX Auto honour their Lifetime Warranty if you DON\'T have an invoice in the future if (knock on wood) you need to go back to them?

miggiddy
06-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by wtom

Add taxes for invoice? Sounds too Chinese to me... :D

Will FX Auto honour their Lifetime Warranty if you DON\'T have an invoice in the future if (knock on wood) you need to go back to them?

Good point.
Plus I understand that there is suppose to be a \"nation wide\" warranty so you can take it into any \"certified formula 1\" dealer and have them fix it or something along those lines. Altho with quality work one should not even have to go back, unless it\'s another car they are getting done. :)

bluntman
06-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Pay with credit card like me and they\'ll charge you taxes, and give you an invoice.

SED
06-15-2004, 01:51 PM
There is a product lifetime warranty. He will give you a card for that. How you\'ll handle the labor lifetime warranty without an invoice, I have no idea...

miggiddy
06-15-2004, 02:54 PM
quality work can go so far. an invoice will definitely be a must no matter where I get the job done.

Soulcrusher
06-15-2004, 11:00 PM
You don\'t need an invoice for the lifetime warranty. As SED mentioned, Wayne will provide you with a FormulaOne Lifetime warranty card. Each card has a serial number. On the back of the warranty card it states:

The warranty card or proof of purchase, showing the type of film and date of installation, must be presented to the Formula One dealer to receive warranty service.

I\'m guessing that after you leave, he must update the FormulaOne database with your serial number and type of film purchased. That would be why only the warranty card is needed.

snipe
06-16-2004, 09:51 AM
What are you guys talking about? I got the F1 warranty card and an official invoice with \"250 PAID\" written on it. I paid cash.

wtom
06-16-2004, 09:57 AM
That card is for the tint right? What about the clear bra? I\'m more worried about that clear bra fading or going yellow on me in the future... that or the edges get layered with dust/wax/etc.

Snipe; so no need to pay taxes in order to get invoice? Not that it matters now as Soulcrusher quoted the requirements to fulfil lifetime warranty.

snipe
06-16-2004, 02:49 PM
wtom,

Snipe; so no need to pay taxes in order to get invoice?

Correct.

If I got an invoice for the tint, I\'m sure you\'ll get one for the clear bra as well.

Jay3
06-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, just joined the site. Can\'t believe everyone knows about FX auto already. Those guys did my tint and they did an amazing job. They did my brother\'s Altima and for some reason the windows started to malfunction and roll down by themselves. Wayne spent an hour with his guys fixing it. For sure any other place would have screwed us over and told us it wasn\'t their problem.

Soulcrusher
06-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by snipe

What are you guys talking about? I got the F1 warranty card and an official invoice with \"250 PAID\" written on it. I paid cash.

It\'s not an official invoice. It\'s a Work Order/Invoice form. He\'s probably using this as a work order. I received one also, but he didn\'t fill in the particulars (ie. my name, address, phone) and he didn\'t write down the type of film used.

Anyhow, the important thing is that all you need is the warranty card for service at any authorized FormulaOne dealer.

miggiddy
06-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Well I finally got an appointment, unfortunately they were booked for this weekend and the next, and I got shafted due to the long weekend, so July 10th is the day I get a tint. So I get to hold onto my money for a little longer (what little I have). Can\'t wait, I\'m bakin\' when I get into the car.

sw0rdfish
06-17-2004, 11:53 PM

Well I finally got an appointment, unfortunately they were booked for this weekend and the next, and I got shafted due to the long weekend, so July 10th is the day I get a tint. So I get to hold onto my money for a little longer (what little I have). Can\'t wait, I\'m bakin\' when I get into the car.

Where did you book? Maybe I\'ll book for the same time?

miggiddy
06-18-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

Where did you book? Maybe I\'ll book for the same time?

New plan. I got an appointment for next Sat. morning at The Detailing shop yeehaw!!!:D :D :D

wtom
06-23-2004, 05:53 PM

New plan. I got an appointment for next Sat. morning at The Detailing shop yeehaw!!!:D :D :D

You traitor! :p

So $245 tax-in, cash at Detailing Shop for premium film, lifetime warranty?

No wonder I was able to get in at FX Auto for July 10th! You freed it up for me! :D

miggiddy
06-23-2004, 08:40 PM

So $245 tax-in, cash at Detailing Shop for premium film, lifetime warranty?

No wonder I was able to get in at FX Auto for July 10th! You freed it up for me! :D

LOL
I called up the detail shop last Sat. morning to see if anyone cancelled, buddy says no, asked what kind of car I had and offered me this coming Sat. How could I refuse :) As for price I think it\'s 245 plus tax, ofcourse I\'ll try the cash deal see what happens.

Soulcrusher
06-23-2004, 10:37 PM

Traitors are not welcome on this board!!! j/k :p

wtom
06-24-2004, 09:34 AM

LOL
I called up the detail shop last Sat. morning to see if anyone cancelled, buddy says no, asked what kind of car I had and offered me this coming Sat. How could I refuse :) As for price I think it\'s 245 plus tax, ofcourse I\'ll try the cash deal see what happens.

Oh this is about the morning A.M. thing? So you should be able to make the meet at 4pm too... gotcha.

miggiddy
06-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Oh I\'ll be there, maybe late (again) but there for sure. And sportin\' the tint ;)

wtom
07-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Hi Guys,

I gave FX Auto a call today and booked for 1:30pm on Friday 30th (company-wide day off, no pay tho).

Talked to Martin since Wayne was not in.

Prices are a bit juggled but here they are today, from Martin\'s mouth;

Tinting, any film type/level - $225
Rust Proofing, wax based, maintains factory drainage holes and no drilling - $249
Llumar clear bra protective film, front portion of hood, side fenders, mirrors - $175

miggiddy
07-22-2004, 06:40 PM
$225 do it now! That\'s a great price.

Xenon
07-22-2004, 07:32 PM
I\'m there Friday June 23rd... My mom\'s getting her WRX done.

wtom
07-23-2004, 09:30 AM

$225 do it now! That\'s a great price.

Forgetful me, I forgot to ask if his prices included tax (pay by cash) or tax extra... :(

Xenon\'s mom gonna say she\'s part of the WRX car club? heheheh...

xoom
07-23-2004, 03:04 PM
I just called Wayne because I heard my car\'s gonna be ready on Monday, and the prices are still 250 for tint and 375 for tint and bra. He said there\'s no real discounts for us forum people, but we just get free upgrades to whatever type of film. I\'m assuming those prices are cash... so wtom, if you can get it for 225, that sounds like a deal! Does anybody know how long tint and/or bra takes to do?

Xenon
07-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I\'m proud to announce that FX Auto is our first Tint Affiliate. Details on the affiliation will be available in the TM3 Affiliations Listing shortly.

wtom
07-30-2004, 11:05 AM
My tints are DONE. Ended up with Comfort 38 but a little bit regretful I didn\'t go with Comfort 30. Less than two hours after start of the work by Logan, I was able to leave. At one point, three guys were working on the tint, including Martin himself! Wow! Great service! $225 cash tax-in! Lifetime warranty! Looks great! I\'ll post the pics later... not at home right now.

A+++ for FX Auto!

EDIT: Pics are posted! Click on the link in my sig! Use the drop-down text menu to look for \"July 30th\" caption.

midnightfxgt
08-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Guys,

I am looking into tint soon, but have a question about the stuff FX is doing for us.

I am looking for the tint that is black, and has a TOUCH of silver metallic-ness to it (does that make sense?!?! LOL:D )

Anyways, not the ricey black/silver fade, or even the silverish tint. Almost like what you see on the lexus SUVs, but even fainter. I have no idea how to desribe it better :)

~JOHN

Xenon
08-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

Guys,

I am looking into tint soon, but have a question about the stuff FX is doing for us.

I am looking for the tint that is black, and has a TOUCH of silver metallic-ness to it (does that make sense?!?! LOL:D )

Anyways, not the ricey black/silver fade, or even the silverish tint. Almost like what you see on the lexus SUVs, but even fainter. I have no idea how to desribe it better :)

~JOHN

That is the Premium film that FX carries. Unfortunately, the darkest that film gets is 20% Light transmittance. Comfort and classic film is a strict black.

midnightfxgt
08-12-2004, 03:46 PM
what is our price on the premium stuff?

~John

bluntman
08-12-2004, 03:55 PM
$250, with the club discount.

midnightfxgt
08-12-2004, 05:03 PM
So $225 for comfort and classic and $250 for the premium? NICE!! I think that will look great 35% all the way around ;)

~JOHN

Xenon
08-12-2004, 06:15 PM
If you get the group buy with the clear bra, doesn\'t matter what tint you get.

The deal is ANY quality tint, ANY percentage and a Llumar clear bra that covers the front of the hood, mirrors and fendors, $375 cash. Expires Aug 16th!

midnightfxgt
08-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Does that price not continue for Affiliation members??

~JOHN

Xenon
08-12-2004, 08:40 PM
That price is for EVERYONE until August 16th. As of August 17th, only Active Members on the Affiliation list get that price.

majic
11-28-2004, 12:04 PM
So i see nobody\'s reviewed FX Auto (www.fxauto.com) in a while. Here we go.. as you know i picked up my VR hatch on Friday (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=591&page=5) On Saturday I had an appointment with FX Auto. I arrived at 9AM and spoke with Martin. He quickly showed me the difference between 3M and Llumar and explained comfort and premium tints. I decided to go with comfort tint 30% all around. Martin said that it would compliment my car nicely and i like the uniform tint look. He also gave me a strip of 3M and Llumar to compare the clarity and stretch them till they broke. 3M was much more cloudy and it snapped once I applied enough strength. LLumar was much clearer and i could NOT rip it with my hands. After that Martin said that \"3M should stick to making scotch tape\" LOL! :D

As I was about to leave for Markville mall I realized I forgot to ask about the little step covering on the rear bumper. Martin said no prob and off I went to the mall. I was told that my car would be ready by 1PM. A few hockey sticks later and a frantic search for an internet cafe in the area (failed) I got a call at noon that my baby is ready for pick up. I went back and I noticed that there was nothing done to the rear bumper. I walked in and some guy started chatting me up about my 3. Had no clue it was Wayne heh.. I politely mentioned that the rear bumper piece wasn’t done. Wayne went to the back and asked for one of his guys to take the car back inside to do that piece as he cut it out from the computer. *Wow* I thought.. this is NOTHING compared to what’s ahead in the review.

While I was waiting for the rear bumper to get done, I asked Wayne if he knew of an internet cafe around (i needed to send pictures of my car to my dad who\'s visiting grandpa and grandma in Poland and leaving today) and I wasn\'t going to be home till late that evening (TM3 meet and helping gf with her essay - she has dialup :p ) he said he didn\'t know of many and then said.. “Hey we\'ve got internet here you can send your pictures from here.” I was like.. w000t? really? seriously? so he gave me access to his computer. I was soooooo happy.. then I heard.. ting ting ting ksshhhh.. bzzzzzz.. ting.. ksshhhh.. and I was sad :( they have dialup at work and my 1-2MB pix would take forever. I thanked him for the effort but had to decline due to the time constraint - off i was to look for a cafe again. This is where this gets awesome. Wayne said \"you need high-speed?\" I said.. yeah.. that\'s what i\'m hoping to get at some cafe. He says.. \"I have high speed at home, come with me while they work on your bumper\" my eyes came out of my sockets.. omg Wayne TRULLY cares about customer satisfaction and will go to any length to achieve it. While driving there we talked about rust proofing and a new carwash that FX Auto is building in the Markham area - 2 bux for 32 nozzles for underbody and 2 more for the rest of the car, best $4 carwash he says, and just plain shooting the shit. We get to his house, I cannot be more thankful, and upload pictures and send them to my dad. I could NOT believe my eyes and ears. It was incredible.

We got back to FX Auto the car was there, ready and damn sleek looking. My buddy met up with me there and he was impressed.. so was I :D It was time to pay up. I took $400 with me and I said to Wayne \"Thanks for ALL your trouble and please take this\" He wouldn\'t and he insisted on $375. I insisted back and just so he wouldn\'t have to get change he gave me a 20 back. WOW.. truly an amazing experience.

I cannot stress how important customer service is to me and FX Auto was NOTHING but BRILLIANT, FREINDLY and 150% customer oriented! I recommend them and if they provide a service I need, it\'s a no brainier I will come all the way from Oakville to get it done. It’s WORTH IT! Thank you Wayne.. Thank you Martin.. Thanks FX AUTO!!

Hey bluntman.. You mind changing the thread title to \"Tinting/Clear Bra - FX Auto (Markham)\"? thx

Hanif
02-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Hello people, I\'m new to the forum. I just picked up my car a few days ago and it\'s sittin in the garage as I opted out of the rustproofing from the dealer. From what I\'ve read so far, it sounds like FX Auto is a wicked place to go to. I\'m really considering a trip there to get premium tint and the Llumar bra. I got a few questions though and am hoping someone can answer them:

- I\'ve read the tint+bra for $375 deal...do you think I can still get it now at that price?

- what about rustproofing??...does FX Auto do rustproofing as well? if so, would you recommend them for that as well?...if not, where did you guys go, keeping in mind that i don\'t want holes drilled in my baby (new mazda 3)? :p

- what about interior protection?......i got leather seats and would like to protect them somehow....

that\'s about it.....thanks in advance.....

chaser
02-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Welcome on board! :)

Originally posted by Hanif
I\'ve read the tint+bra for $375 deal...do you think I can still get it now at that price?
Just talk to Wayne and mention you\'re member of TM3 ... blablabla .. I\'m pretty sure he can offer you the $375 package price.

what about rustproofing??...does FX Auto do rustproofing as well? if so, would you recommend them for that as well?

FX does rustproofing. If you don\'t want your baby to be drilled, FX is recommanded. One of my family vehicles had rustproof from them and had no rust problem for the 6-7 years we kept the car.

You may check these threads to see what others said about Rustproofing (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=159) and Do I need it? (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1081)

In general, rustproof or not, depends on how long you\'ll keep your car ;)

Hanif
02-04-2005, 08:34 AM
FX does rustproofing. If you don\'t want your baby to be drilled, FX is recommanded. One of my family vehicles had rustproof from them and had no rust problem for the 6-7 years we kept the car.

You may check these threads to see what others said about Rustproofing (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=159) and Do I need it? (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1081)

In general, rustproof or not, depends on how long you\'ll keep your car ;)

thanks chaser....i read those threads....i\'m plannin on keeping this car ~10 years....maybe more....basically my future plans is to get an ESCALADE....so i\'m hoping this car lasts at least 10 years so by that time i\'ll be 35 and will have saved up enough (provided i get a NICE paying job/career) to buy that.....

i have another question......what\'s the difference between a waxed based and an oil based rustproofing??.....are there any other kinds??...what\'s the best one??......and what\'s FX\'s price for their rustproofing?

thanks in advance...

Indusbreed
02-04-2005, 08:47 AM
basically my future plans is to get an ESCALADE
Just pray that they have a Hybrid Escalade by that time...;)

Hanif
02-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Indusbreed

basically my future plans is to get an ESCALADE
Just pray that they have a Hybrid Escalade by that time...;)

if i\'m gonna pray about it.....i might as well pray for one that runs on water :p ....or better yet.....to win the lottery so i can get one now :D and do everything they do on \"Pimp My Ride\"......Xbox.....tv screen in all the headrests......doors that automatically open/close......24/26\" rims......spinners no less .......aaaaaaaah if only i could win the lottery........now look what you\'ve done.....LOL

shol
03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
what is xenon :) ?

Let me know :)

chaser
03-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by shol
what is xenon :) ?

General definitions of Xenon in this forum are:
1. The events & promotion coordinator (a.k.a. Lawrence (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=718))
2. H.I.D. - High Intensity Discharge - a type of light that produces a bright light by using gas (xenon) filled bulbs. Uses very little battery power and is a very \"cool\" light

I think the 2nd one should interested you more :p BTW, both of them should have nothing to do with the topic of this thread, tinting/FX. :p :p

fu00fu
04-19-2005, 12:26 AM
is the Llumar clear bra deal still on?

and is there something that covers the other parts of the front.. like the grill or bumpers?? kinda new to this stuff.. is it only meant to cover metal parts or also plastic parts..

lastly.. i have heard that over time they yellow.. which is one of my big concerns.. cuz my car is white.. yellowing would look nasty..

majic
04-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by fu00fu

we haven\'t heard otherwise frm FX AUTO

and is there something that covers the other parts of the front.. like the grill or bumpers?? kinda new to this stuff.. is it only meant to cover metal parts or also plastic parts..

you can call martin/wayne and find out. they seemed to have a lot of templates and they take literally 60sec to cut out via their PC. also, a side note.. even though i had the llumar bra, i still got stone chips where it was unprotected.. so now i\'m thinking.. should i have spent that cash? well it\'s done.. and it probably prevented a few other chips.

lastly.. i have heard that over time they yellow.. which is one of my big concerns.. cuz my car is white.. yellowing would look nasty..

it shouldn\'t discolour. lifetime warranty and the llumar is much more transparent than the 3m that they offer as well.

Flagrum_3
05-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by majic

we haven\'t heard otherwise frm FX AUTO

you can call martin/wayne and find out. they seemed to have a lot of templates and they take literally 60sec to cut out via their PC. also, a side note.. even though i had the llumar bra, i still got stone chips where it was unprotected.. so now i\'m thinking.. should i have spent that cash? well it\'s done.. and it probably prevented a few other chips.

it shouldn\'t discolour. lifetime warranty and the llumar is much more transparent than the 3m that they offer as well.

Where do you find your getting stone chips? And where exactly does FX place the film if you get the Tint/Llumar deal?

It would be nice to know where the protection is needed.

_3

majic
05-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Flagrum_3
Where do you find your getting stone chips? And where exactly does FX place the film if you get the Tint/Llumar deal?

the ones i noticed during a recend hand wash:
- body frame just above passenger window
- between the edge of the hood and the passenger wiper
- driver side above rear wheel well

so as you see those are one off areas.. might as well do the WHOLE car in llumar.. lol

if you have the hatch ask for rear bumper covering (a la accessory step plates) it\'ll protect your bumper from hauling stuff in and outta the trunk.

i can have a finer look at my hood and see if the bra protected the paint. I don\'t think i\'d get it again though (even though they did a great job) it\'s just impossible to protect the entire car. the first scratch/chip will hurt, the next ones you just get used to (or at least i do) :(

Flagrum_3
05-17-2005, 09:40 AM

the ones i noticed during a recend hand wash:
- body frame just above passenger window
- between the edge of the hood and the passenger wiper
- driver side above rear wheel well

so as you see those are one off areas.. might as well do the WHOLE car in llumar.. lol

if you have the hatch ask for rear bumper covering (a la accessory step plates) it\'ll protect your bumper from hauling stuff in and outta the trunk.

i can have a finer look at my hood and see if the bra protected the paint. I don\'t think i\'d get it again though (even though they did a great job) it\'s just impossible to protect the entire car. the first scratch/chip will hurt, the next ones you just get used to (or at least i do) :(

The first scratch, dent or chip are always painful..... Man those are some weird spots to get chips u must have been behind a gravel truck at some point.Anyways, What areas did FX cover on the deal? And you mentioned the back step plate area....Did you get the Step Plates as an option? I plan on getting them when I order my hatch.I\'m also thinking of getting the hood deflector as this should also help protect the hood and possibly the frame around the windshield.

_3
:)

majic
05-17-2005, 10:10 AM

The first scratch, dent or chip are always painful..... Man those are some weird spots to get chips u must have been behind a gravel truck at some point.Anyways, What areas did FX cover on the deal? And you mentioned the back step plate area....Did you get the Step Plates as an option? I plan on getting them when I order my hatch.I\'m also thinking of getting the hood deflector as this should also help protect the hood and possibly the frame around the windshield.

they are in werid spots and i try to avoid trucks and i do not recall being behind any gravel truck for that matter. this happened over a span of a few months (winter driving) with ice/salt/rocks chipping away at everything..

i did not get step plates but i got llumar bra ON the rear bumper where the step plates would be (IMO they look a bit tacky and are quite expensive)

as for the bra, it goes up the hood about 8\" - (roughly up to 3/4 light length). it\'s alse found on the mirrors and the METAL parts of the front grille/bumper area. let me know if you want pix since my car is dirty it shows the bra better :p or you can see it in person if you live in the west end

Flagrum_3
05-17-2005, 12:10 PM

they are in werid spots and i try to avoid trucks and i do not recall being behind any gravel truck for that matter. this happened over a span of a few months (winter driving) with ice/salt/rocks chipping away at everything..

i did not get step plates but i got llumar bra ON the rear bumper where the step plates would be (IMO they look a bit tacky and are quite expensive)

as for the bra, it goes up the hood about 8\" - (roughly up to 3/4 light length). it\'s alse found on the mirrors and the METAL parts of the front grille/bumper area. let me know if you want pix since my car is dirty it shows the bra better :p or you can see it in person if you live in the west end

Unfortunetly I live in South Scarlem, but pics would be nice. I\'ve heard alot of people say they got the Llumar but never any pics!

Actually the rear step plates are only 30 bucks and I don\'t think they\'ll look too bad on dark blue....hardly noticeable from what I\'ve seen. I\'ve also seen the hood deflector on the hatch (which looks different than the one for the sedan, by the way) and it really makes the front look meaner IMO.

So FX dosn\'t cover the whole front bumper area or around the windshield?
(a-pillars, roof) I\'ve found on most of my vehicles these are prone areas.

_3

majic
05-17-2005, 12:32 PM

Unfortunetly I live in South Scarlem, but pics would be nice. I\'ve heard alot of people say they got the Llumar but never any pics!

it\'s probably b/c you can\'t see it ;) :p i mean if you\'re more than 1.5m away from it on a clean car and you don\'t know what you\'re looking for you won\'t see it.

Actually the rear step plates are only 30 bucks and I don\'t think they\'ll look too bad on dark blue....hardly noticeable from what I\'ve seen. I\'ve also seen the hood deflector on the hatch (which looks different than the one for the sedan, by the way) and it really makes the front look meaner IMO.

oh for some reason 200+ figure was in my mind.. i dunno if you can get them and see how they match up with the ability to return them.. but then again 30bux is not that much. Some peoiple have had problems with the hood deflector (rattles and such) i think 1 person even just ended up taking it off altogether

they probably do but for a price and a more custom job. what i got was the basic computer cut template for the 3.. if you\'re thinking of covering almost an entire car it will probably get pricey

Flagrum_3
05-18-2005, 03:20 PM

it\'s probably b/c you can\'t see it ;) :p i mean if you\'re more than 1.5m away from it on a clean car and you don\'t know what you\'re looking for you won\'t see it.

oh for some reason 200+ figure was in my mind.. i dunno if you can get them and see how they match up with the ability to return them.. but then again 30bux is not that much. Some peoiple have had problems with the hood deflector (rattles and such) i think 1 person even just ended up taking it off altogether

they probably do but for a price and a more custom job. what i got was the basic computer cut template for the 3.. if you\'re thinking of covering almost an entire car it will probably get pricey

First of all How do you seperate the quotes like that? Its driving me nuts trying to figure it out!!!

Secondly pics still would be nice if your car is still dirty enough:)

I also double checked on the step plate price, it is $30. But I have already seen them on the car with the Indigo Blue and it is barely noticable...it looks okay I guess, but I care more about protecting the vehicle.

As for the hood deflector I spoke to the guy who installs them and he said something must have been wrong with the way they were installed if there was any problems and he showed me the one he has on his 3 and says he has no problems.

As for the LIumar....other then what they give you with the deal I\'ll ask for protection around the windshield a-pillars and roof and maybe the front part of the rear wheelwells.
I would\'nt think that would cost much more.

_3

alezone
07-08-2005, 11:21 AM
I\'m going there next Thursday (July 14), it\'s actually my 3rd car getting windows done there.

Got a quote for $250 + tax, can I pay Cash to avoid the tax? :D

chaser
07-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Are you sure it\'s $250+tax? I think $250 should be tax-in (for tinting) like many of us paid. Maybe you should mention you\'re from the club and you\'re a repeated customer, and be sure to talk to Wayne, not the front desk lady.

majic
07-08-2005, 12:03 PM
did you tell him you\'re from tm3? i think tint alone should be 250 tax in (for members) just say one of us here referred you and you\'re a repeat customer (err.. i guess pick one or the other :p )

tint will look pimp on white.. what %? comfort or premium? cheers,

--majic

awhoy
07-10-2005, 12:26 AM
I just had my 05 Sport GT tinted (50%) last week for $250 tax in and clear film for the step plate for $50. Wayne even gave me a written receipt and life time warranty card. Greate service.

nifty6
08-03-2005, 07:57 PM
If anybody wants a good tint at a fair price in the Newmarket area look for NOBLES at 301 Mulock Dr. behind the Volvo dealer. He does a lot of work for Volvo and Mercedes which is across the street . tele 905 898 7382 ask for Sean and remember cash is king

SIM SIMMA
11-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Just got my car tinted today at FX.

I read all the great reviews and experienced it first hand.

Top notch service and experience.

I got 30% all around :p

It was $250 and when I gave him $260 (20s from the bank machine) he gave me back a $20 and said don\'t worry about it? NICE. :hoho

ZeroChalk
11-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey Jobes, I saw your car there. I was at FX getting my mirror fixed (clear bra).

SIM SIMMA
11-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Hey Zerochalk..

were you the other white 3?

if so... your car was looking good :D You didn\'t have your snows on yet... or are you running your snows on your stock rims?

FX is a great place.

ZeroChalk
11-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey Jobes, I was admiring you 06. :) I don\'t have winters yet - was going to put them on the first week of December (but from the look\'s of it - maybe next week).

FX is a great place - though I was kinda ignored when I first walked in. Martin has always been very helpful.

SIM SIMMA
11-21-2005, 03:56 PM
You know I didn\'t even catch his name... was that Wayne or Martin there that day?

Whoever it was... he was cool.

White rules.... haha.

_naz
11-22-2005, 11:56 PM
getting mine done soon, i gotta go check that place FX

Hanif
11-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Just thought I\'d add that I went to FX back in Feb. to get my car done (tint/llumar/rustproofing). Wayne wasn\'t in that day, but I did meet Martin.

SGT06
12-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Had mine done last week (tint/llumar/rustproof) and as well met Martin but not Wayne. Very professional service and I almost gave Martin a hard time coz I was still half-ass asleep but he was patient enough to let me figured out my own idiocracy. He was pretty cool about it and I don\'t know if I would be if I was in his shoe.

DY
12-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Just wondering if I get a clear bra, do I need to make sure that the car is well cleaned and wax before I drive in? Or will they take care of that? cause I was wondering what happens if the snow and slush get onto the car as I\'m driving to FX.

chaser
12-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by DY

Just wondering if I get a clear bra, do I need to make sure that the car is well cleaned and wax before I drive in? Or will they take care of that? cause I was wondering what happens if the snow and slush get onto the car as I\'m driving to FX.

I\'m pretty sure they\'ll clean/wash the car first before bra-ing; don\'t think they\'ll wax it though. Better check with them ;)

SGT06
12-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Just wondering if I get a clear bra, do I need to make sure that the car is well cleaned and wax before I drive in? Or will they take care of that?

They do clean your car before putting the bra on to ensure the job is done right. Mine was pretty dirty from driving across town by the time I got to FX. My whole car was cleaned beforehand since I got the rustproofing as well...so much for that since it was dirty again from my drive back across town.

AXCL
12-05-2005, 01:00 PM
You don\'t want wax on your car before putting the bra on. If it\'s done right, they will even clean the area\'s with a solvent cleaner to remove any previous wax or residue. If not it doesn\'t stick right.

Hanif
12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by SGT06

They do clean your car before putting the bra on to ensure the job is done right. Mine was pretty dirty from driving across town by the time I got to FX. My whole car was cleaned beforehand since I got the rustproofing as well...so much for that since it was dirty again from my drive back across town.

how far do you live SGT???

Hanif
12-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by AXCL

You don\'t want wax on your car before putting the bra on. If it\'s done right, they will even clean the area\'s with a solvent cleaner to remove any previous wax or residue. If not it doesn\'t stick right.

really?? ...didn\'t know that

DY
12-05-2005, 10:13 PM

Just wondering if I get a clear bra, do I need to make sure that the car is well cleaned and wax before I drive in? Or will they take care of that?

Thanks.. did you pay $250 (tax included)? I was thinking of tinting too.. wonder if it\'s worth it since the package deal is $450 or $475 altogether? ;)

SGT06
12-06-2005, 01:09 PM
how far do you live SGT???

I was coming from central \'sauga and it was somewhat wet and dirty on the road that day.

SGT06
12-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks.. did you pay $250 (tax included)? I was thinking of tinting too.. wonder if it\'s worth it since the package deal is $450 or $475 altogether?

Call them and ask about the package price. Tint with clear bra should run you around $375 cash (includes tax). It will be more if you do them separately.

Hanif
12-06-2005, 02:20 PM

Thanks.. did you pay $250 (tax included)? I was thinking of tinting too.. wonder if it\'s worth it since the package deal is $450 or $475 altogether?

Call them and ask about the package price. Tint with clear bra should run you around $375 cash (includes tax). It will be more if you do them separately.

I paid a total of $725 cash (if i remember correctly).........but i got everything done......tint/llumar/rustproofing/interior.........can\'t remember now exactly what else on top of tint/llumar/rustproofing i got :p

But...i did drop the car off around 11am and then vegetated at markville mall until around 4:30pm when they called and said it was ready.

DY
12-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks SGT06 and Hanif for the info,

I got mine done last saturday, finally! I should have done this when I got my car. Anyway, as I was driving on the DVP to go to FX, a giant sheet of ice (1.5ft by 1.5ft) fell off a trailer from the other side of the road (southbound) and floated before it slammed right into the top right hand corner of my windshield and A-pillar. What luck. Lucky thing was.. if it had slammed right onto the windshield.. I think it would have smashed the windshield to bits... I was travelling at 140 km/h. It was a very scary moment. ;)

DY
12-11-2005, 08:20 PM

But...i did drop the car off around 11am and then vegetated at markville mall until around 4:30pm when they called and said it was ready.

Me too. Good thing it\'s the holiday season, the mall opens earlier.. i was there at 8:45 and some stores were already opened for biz.. walked for 2 hours.. :zzz

Hanif
12-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by DY

I got mine done last saturday, finally! I should have done this when I got my car. Anyway, as I was driving on the DVP to go to FX, a giant sheet of ice (1.5ft by 1.5ft) fell off a trailer from the other side of the road (southbound) and floated before it slammed right into the top right hand corner of my windshield and A-pillar. What luck. Lucky thing was.. if it had slammed right onto the windshield.. I think it would have smashed the windshield to bits... I was travelling at 140 km/h. It was a very scary moment. ;)

np...

Hanif
12-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by DY

Me too. Good thing it\'s the holiday season, the mall opens earlier.. i was there at 8:45 and some stores were already opened for biz.. walked for 2 hours.. :zzz

lucky you......

so what exactly did you get??......what % of tint on front/rear?.....anything else other than the tint/llumar??....and how much did you pay?...this info will be useful for people wanting to get theirs done to.......by keeping the prices updated.... :)

DY
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
I only did the Lumar protection film. Will do the tinting come spring or summer. Wayne said to bring my receipt along and he\'ll give me a discount for it then. Anyway, I think I\'ll be going with 20% tinting all round. It\'ll give the Mazda3 a batmobile look. As for the price, I paid about $150 (in cash to save on.. T). :p

SGT06
12-13-2005, 02:12 PM

np.

Lucky thing was.. if it had slammed right onto the windshield.. I think it would have smashed the windshield to bits... I was travelling at 140 km/h. It was a very scary moment.

I was a bit worry about driving to FX as well thinking that it might get chipped or such before I got the bra so I avoided getting too close to all the trucks/van/big ass vehicles.

DrunknFoo
01-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I finally found the time to get my tint done from FXAuto. Got the comfort tint @30% front/20% rear. Great guys, great service. Took just less than 2.5hours.

They noticed a little bubble on the rear window just above the wiper blade, and they fixed it on the spot. Wow I wouldn\'t have even noticed it. Talk about great service.

A++++++
Highly recommend going to FXAuto.

Krakilin
01-05-2006, 04:44 PM
How much in total?

DrunknFoo
01-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Krakilin

How much in total?

As mentioned throughout the boards, TM3 members are entitled to a discount @$250 cash when getting tint done. When I go back the next time to get the car bra done (didn\'t have 4-5hours to wait today) I just have to show them my receipt and pay $175 I believe it was...

Kevin@nextmod
01-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Just got my car tinted yesterday. Service was great, quality stuff, good price, and fast job.
Took them roughly 2 something hours and got my car back.

uvadtmfub
03-29-2006, 11:47 PM
I just got my sunlight silver hatchback tinted today at FX Auto today, Comfort 30 around. Looks alright :D

Dave_Mazda3
04-03-2006, 02:29 AM
FX is the place to go...getting my tint and clear bra on april 7th...can\'t wait! Wayne\'s a really nice guy...awsome service

phidubble0
04-03-2006, 08:53 PM
What about the ~4\" strip along top of windsheild...anyone get that? Apple Auto Glass offers it for 15 bux more, wonder what Wayne would charge.

I\'m thinking of getting 30% all around on my black \'06 3GT/GFX sedan. What\'s the difference again between comfort and premium?

Thanks to everyone in this thread, learnt a lot, and will definitely make the trip from Port Credit Mississauga to FX in Markham.

ds2chan
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by phidubble0

What about the ~4\" strip along top of windsheild...anyone get that? Apple Auto Glass offers it for 15 bux more, wonder what Wayne would charge.

I\'m thinking of getting 30% all around on my black \'06 3GT/GFX sedan. What\'s the difference again between comfort and premium?

Thanks to everyone in this thread, learnt a lot, and will definitely make the trip from Port Credit Mississauga to FX in Markham.

it comes free with the $250 price tag.. even if you don\'t want it the price stays the same.. not sure how that works but that\'s what FX Auto says.. oh well.. I\'m planning on getting the sunband anyways..

Jeff-TheBiz
04-04-2006, 03:07 PM

Anyone know if this will affect the auto sensing wipers??

ds2chan
04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

I can\'t see how since the tint is on the inside of ur car.. u thinking of finally getting urs done??

FLIPDADY
04-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Dave\'s right the sunband won\'t affect the rain sensor.

majic
04-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Dave\'s right, the sunband won\'t affect the rain sensor.

losing your marbles? quoting yourself now? :p

Jeff-TheBiz
04-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

I can\'t see how since the tint is on the inside of ur car.. u thinking of finally getting urs done??

Gonna need it soon, summers a comin...

Caz
04-04-2006, 05:02 PM

Gonna need it soon, summers a comin...

I hear that, I have been putting this off for too long.

FLIPDADY
04-04-2006, 05:04 PM

Dave\'s right, the sunband won\'t affect the rain sensor.

LOL

Just tryin to up my post count.;)

ds2chan
04-04-2006, 05:40 PM

LOL

Just tryin to up my post count.;)

I\'m pretty sure it\'s next to impossible to get to Broli status.. :D

yeah, I agree.. I\'ve been putting this off for too long.. probably get mine done 2nd week of May since I\'m taking a week off..

phidubble0
04-07-2006, 08:38 PM
booked my apointment w/ wayne for monday afternoon....getting 30 or 35% all around....can\'t wait to see the new look on my black mica ...getting the sunband too....in response to my question of 6 in or 4 in...Wayne said: \"We\'ll sit you in the car, and make it as wide as you feel comfortable with\"....another true demonstration of quality service!...can\'t wait!

oroboru
05-02-2006, 01:50 PM
I will be visiting this shop in about two weeks time on the 13th; can\'t wait, cause it will both look good, and cool the car down... it\'s getting quite warm in there these days.

RedRaptor
05-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Taking my sister\'s new car here as well for clear bra and tint. FX and Wayne have awesome service!:)

pack3twhore
05-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I took my 2005 Indigo Blue Sport Hatch in yesterday. Met with Wayne. Service was top notch. I got 20% Premium all around. Looks great. I\'ll post a pic as soon as I can. Was worth the drive from Mississauga.

Pug
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
FX auto is AMAZING...:D :D :D I can\'t stress how good they\'re in terms of Tinting and Customer Service.

I took my Brand New Sport GT there a month ago and it was done in 3 hours, everything looks perfect until I saw some white stains on the rear-passenger window a couple days after. Therefore, I took it back to FX and Wayne tried to remove it but nothing works, he believed the stain was there before the tint so I drove it back to the dealer. The dealer said it could be caused by the tint and they insisted there\'s nothing they can do unless the tint is remove for further investigation. Okay, drove back to FX and Wayne removed it with NO EXTRA CHARGE. Afterward, an autoglass expect from the dealer tried all sorts of method to remove the stains but failed. He gave up at the end so the service manager agreed to replace the glass with the factory warranty... Well, it took 2 weeks for Mazda to get it replaced because it was back-ordered...

Anyway, Wayne just put the tint back this morning with NO EXTRA CHARGE again!!! As you can see, I would have to pay at least $100 for the extra work FX did due to Mazda\'s fault but FX just proved their Excellent Customer Service and I really want to say Thanks to FX auto again!:) :) :)

same0l679
05-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Pug

FX auto is AMAZING...:D :D :D I can\'t stress how good they\'re in terms of Tinting and Customer Service.

I took my Brand New Sport GT there a month ago and it was done in 3 hours, everything looks perfect until I saw some white stains on the rear-passenger window a couple days after. Therefore, I took it back to FX and Wayne tried to remove it but nothing works, he insisted the stain was there before the tint so I drove it back to the dealer. The dealer said it could be caused by the tint and they insisted there\'s nothing they can do unless the tint is remove for further investigation. Okay, drove back to FX and Wayne removed it with NO EXTRA CHARGE, an autoglass expect from the dealer tried all sorts of method to remove the stains but failed. He gave up at the end so the service manager agreed to replace the glass with the factory warranty... Well, it took 2 weeks for Mazda to get it replaced due to back-ordered...

Anyway, Wayne just put the tint back this morning with NO EXTRA CHARGE again!!! As you can see, I would have to pay at least $100 for the extra work FX did due to Mazda\'s fault but FX just proved their Excellent Customer service and I really want to say Thanks to FX auto again!:) :) :)

Yet another example of FX autos great customer service... thumbs up to them!

Flagrum_3
05-11-2006, 03:19 PM

it comes free with the $250 price tag.. even if you don\'t want it the price stays the same.. not sure how that works but that\'s what FX Auto says.. oh well.. I\'m planning on getting the sunband anyways..

Is this correct? Can anyone else confirm?....I had 20% comfort allaround put on last summer never heard that the band was part of it,....could definitely use it!

Thanks,

_3

\'

Geologic
05-12-2006, 01:46 AM

Is this correct? Can anyone else confirm?....I had 20% comfort allaround put on last summer never heard that the band was part of it,....could definitely use it!

Thanks,

_3

\'

That\'s correct. I got my car tinted 30% all around with the sunband for $250.

Flagrum_3
05-12-2006, 10:08 AM
^^^Thanks, I guess I\'ll have to go have a talk with Wayne and see if he\'ll still honour it after all this time.

_3

oroboru
05-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Well I have come back from my FX experience.. sort of. Service was excellent, and even though I was hacking my lungs out on Saturday, there was no ackwardness or anything like that.. :D The tints look great, though I didn\'t know the windshield was not legally tintable.

As for the sunband, it\'s nothing I can use personally, but then again I\'m 6\'2\" and I wear sunglasses all the time.. maybe for my shorter passengers of the female variety.. There are some minor bubbles on the front passenger side, but I\'m sure we can sort that out easily.

wtom
05-15-2006, 02:06 PM

Confirmed but over a year and a half ago. He offered the sunband but I declined.

Geologic
05-15-2006, 09:24 PM
gah.. My front passenger side window has a bunch of little air bubbles in it and there seems to be a large air bubble with a half cm long hair in it :(

I gotta call em up to see if they can get that fixed.

ds2chan
05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Geologic

gah.. My front passenger side window has a bunch of little air bubbles in it and there seems to be a large air bubble with a half cm long hair in it :(

from what I\'ve read I\'m sure they\'ll fix it.. but how long have u had ur tints??

Geologic
05-16-2006, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by Geologic

from what I\'ve read I\'m sure they\'ll fix it.. but how long have u had ur tints??

Under a month or so. Got them in April.

Rick
05-27-2006, 12:52 PM
I gotta get my windows tinted too. Still not too sure how dark I want to go, so if any of you have pics of your car, please post them so I can do a quick comparison. I came across this site today that was kind of cool: http://www.tintmyride.ca/gallery.htm They have a bunch of 3\'s on their and you can see how dark their tint is. I\'m thinking of going 30% all around, still not sure of the sunband though.

Rick

Shat2
05-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Rick

I gotta get my windows tinted too. Still not too sure how dark I want to go, so if any of you have pics of your car, please post them so I can do a quick comparison. I came across this site today that was kind of cool: http://www.tintmyride.ca/gallery.htm They have a bunch of 3\'s on their and you can see how dark their tint is. I\'m thinking of going 30% all around, still not sure of the sunband though.

Rick
i have 35 front 30 back, personally i think 35% is too light for the front. 30% all around would be nice, i\'ll post pictures up after

Rick
05-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks, I appreciate your input. Does anyone know if tint comes at 25, or is the next darkest level after 30 is 20?

Flagrum_3
05-29-2006, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Rick

Rick

Hey Rick, It depends on your vehicle colour and exactly why your getting your tint, i.e looks or function. Myself I went for function and got 20% premium all-around on my indigo blue hatch...I think it looks okay but I would still prefer it darker but alas 20% is the darkest you can get at FX.I\'ve seen the 30 and 35% and as far as I\'m concerned its not even worth spending the money >Way to light, my opinion of course.
With the 20% I also have never been hassled by the cops and I live in Scarlem...go figure.

FX is agreat place and Wayne is pretty cool.

_3

Flagrum_3
05-30-2006, 05:22 AM
Sorry for the double post mods, but I just thought I\'d give an update.
Went into FX Auto yesterday morning to see if they would still place the windshield band on...I had my tints done last summer and did\'nt realize the banner was part of the deal.Anyways Wayne wasn\'t there yet but Martin just said no problem, ten minutes later I was out of there with the work complete and a big smile on my face.
Kuddos to Martin and FX, great place >they do excellent work and great people.

By the way they now offer 15% tint, last summer best I could get was 20.

_3

Rick
05-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the info Flagrum_3. I have a black sedan with leather interior, so I\'m not sure how dark is too dark. 20% all around sounds so tempting, especially since I pretty much burned my legs on my leather today...it was hot.

Rick
06-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Called up FX, and I\'m taking the car in this Friday, really looking forward to it. Here\'s another link I found that may help people decide on how dark they want to do their tint:
http://www.autowindowtintings.com/tintDemo.ihtml?vehicle=cb_
Not many options, but it\'ll give you a rough idea hopefully.

Rick

AXCL
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM
I\'m going for tint soon and I\'ve noticed a lot of people getting the comfort rather then going with the premium. My understanding is the comfort is black, where the premium is black, but is more reflective. Is this the main visual difference? Just wondering why everyone isn\'t going for the \"Best\" option.

Thanks,
G

bluntman
06-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by AXCL

I\'m going for tint soon and I\'ve noticed a lot of people getting the comfort rather then going with the premium. My understanding is the comfort is black, where the premium is black, but is more reflective. Is this the main visual difference? Just wondering why everyone isn\'t going for the \"Best\" option.

Thanks,
G

From what I remember, the Premium tint had a metallic (reflective) coating but wasn\'t as dark as the Comfort tint. I went for the Premium tint because I have leather seats.

Rick
06-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I just got my windows tinted from FX. Very happy with the service, Wayne is a really nice guy and took the time to answer all my questions. I ended up going for 30% in the front, and 20% in the back. It\'s a nice combination.

AXCL
06-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Rick,

Can you post some pics? I\'m looking at the 30 F - 20 B option as well. I\'d like to see what it looks like. Did you get comfort or Premium?

ds2chan
06-19-2006, 02:04 PM
hey rick,

I\'m interested to see the pictures of your tint also.. if you could post them then that would be just super.. :D

Rick
06-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Here\'s my warning, I\'m not a photographer at all so the pics aren\'t the best. Also, I\'ve been neglecting my car so its pretty dirty. I went for the comfort film, and like I said its 30 in the front and 20 in the back. I like how dark the back is, but I still wonder if I should\'ve went for 20 in the front as well. I have a sunband too, but those photos didn\'t come out at all.

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~raroda/car/CIMG0928.jpg

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~raroda/car/CIMG0929.jpg

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~raroda/car/CIMG0931.jpg

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~raroda/car/CIMG0932.jpg

Hope this helps making your decision!

AXCL
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
The pics are great! My car is not as clean as yours, I\'m only lookin at the tint:D

What do you think of the sun band? I\'m debating on that one. I thought of getting it and removing it if I don\'t like it. I know it would be a pain in the A$$ to remove it though.

AXCL
07-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Just got mine done on Saturday!! I was scheduled for July 22nd, but Wayne called me up and told me they had an opening. Woo Hoo!! They now have \"Pinnacle\" ceramic. So I went with this at 35F/15R.

As you\'ve heard many times, they were great. I noticed a small scratch, that you could only see from the inside. Wayne took a look and immediatly had them pull it back in and redo that window.

Wayne was awsome, he even popped into the waiting area for a chat while they redid my window. There is a reason he works in the front. He\'s definetly a people person.

JPAV8S4U
07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Hey Guys and Gals... I just talked to wayne... The 375 Deal is still on! I booked for 11am on tuesday July the 18th. Anyone wanna join me in the waiting room? LOL! sounds like it takes a few hours to do the tint and bra. Thinking of the premium tint as it is more reflective and will keep the car temp down and protect my black leather better.... 20 or 25% all around sounds like the deal to me. As for the front bra, Im interested in the full bumper add on coverage... got my first stone chip on my brand new car :( Just under my drivers side headlight. Anyone interested on a FX Auto meet on tuesday at 11am July 18th.. Im there! LOL

Cheers

jeffpepper@hotmail.com

doughboyr6
07-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JPAV8S4U

Hey Guys and Gals... I just talked to wayne... The 375 Deal is still on! I booked for 11am on tuesday July the 18th. Anyone wanna join me in the waiting room? LOL! sounds like it takes a few hours to do the tint and bra. Thinking of the premium tint as it is more reflective and will keep the car temp down and protect my black leather better.... 20 or 25% all around sounds like the deal to me. As for the front bra, Im interested in the full bumper add on coverage... got my first stone chip on my brand new car :( Just under my drivers side headlight. Anyone interested on a FX Auto meet on tuesday at 11am July 18th.. Im there! LOL

Cheers

jeffpepper@hotmail.com

i\'m not sure if i missed something somewhere.....

but the previous posts even just a month ago said ppl had them done for like $250, how did it jump to #375? or is this another type of tint?

i might go in on tuesday as well....dunno, lots of expenses rencently

JPAV8S4U
07-14-2006, 05:58 PM
375 deal includes the clear bra:D

doughboyr6
07-14-2006, 07:05 PM
ah i c, then maybe a good chance you\'ll see me on tuesday, i\'ll have to see what my funds are like

need to leave myself with money for my trip next thursday

doughboyr6
07-15-2006, 04:50 PM
i just called and no answer, prolly cuz its saturday...i\'ll try again on monday to see if they have time for tuesday, my car is getting svcd by mazda on monday...