PDA

View Full Version : Tint??

sw0rdfish
04-25-2004, 03:15 AM
I\'ve been lookign to get my windows tinted... Any of you already done that? Lets see some pictures.

I\'ve been pricing it out, Tint King on Wolfedale Road in Mississauga quoted me $160.00. Anyone else found a good deal?;)

bluntman
04-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Remember the adage \"You get what you pay for\". How long is their warranty on the tint? The last thing you want on a tint is for the film to start turning purple, peeling or bubbling.

sw0rdfish
04-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Yeah I was under the impression that Tint King was a good name. I\'m not positive, but I\'m pretty sure it\'s a lifetime warranty. I\'ll have to check with them.

miggiddy
04-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Not done yet, but here\'s the breakdown for FX Auto in Markham

Base (Standard film \'Formual 1\') price for Sedan: $250 Hatch: $275
Discount Coupon (if you go indiviually): $25
Premier Film: additional $50

-U.V. protection is the same between films
-both use the same adhesive

The difference:
-heat rejection, about a 20% difference. He recomends black interiors to get the Premier film.
-something about the Premier film is \'metallic\' versus \'dye\' injected into the film (over my head) I\'d like to see the difference. I think one looks more \'shiney/reflective\' than the other

Install time is 3 hours.

MARKHAM LOCATION
11 Heritage Road
Markham, Ontario
L3P 1M3
(905) 471-7555
HOURS OF OPERATION:
MONDAY-FRIDAY: 8:30am - 5:30pm
SATURDAYS: By Appointment Only

A \"group\" is considered 3 (how appropriate) or more. No pricing, not until we can give him an actual number of people. I was really hoping to know the cost. I think as a group we could get say for example $225 for the base film including taxes. That\'s what I\'m guessing, less is always better ofcourse.

When are you thinking of getting the tint done? Not sure when I\'ll have the funds. I could probably do at the end of the month or beginning of next. Weekends would be my only choice since they close so early, plus it\'s a pretty good hike from Mississauga.

I have yet to see anyone with a tint job from FX so I\'m thinking of holding out until after a meet, just to make sure I like to have a tint job period and to make sure their work is good. I\'ve heard only good things about this place. Too bad it\'s out in Markham, but I think if they do quality work than it may be worth the drive.

As for getting what you pay for, I agree with that statment. When I see a car with a tint job and the rear window is filled with air bubbles I know I\'d be cursing. I\'m not knockin\' on anyone that goes else where. My brother went to some place in Miss. (year ago) and it looks fine by me. I have yet to look into that option as well and will let you know.

nuff said

Xenon
04-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey man!!1 that\'s an awesome Idea... if no one minds waiting until August to get the tint... all three of us can go together... see if we can get a deal...

August... why? Because I need to get money!!! lol I have to save some up... if no one minds...

Xenon
04-26-2004, 09:09 PM
I went to the Window Tinting place behind the Erin Mills Autocentre. They will do a Mazda3 Hatch for $260, all windows but the front winshield. I asked if I brought 2 friends with me would we get a deal... he said the best he could do it 15% off... That brings it to $221.

A couple notes.. the place didn\'t look very nice... kinda beat up. Nove very professional... and everyoone there smokes. I don\'t want a lingering smoke smell in my car.

sw0rdfish
04-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

I went to the Window Tinting place behind the Erin Mills Autocentre. They will do a Mazda3 Hatch for $260, all windows but the front winshield. I asked if I brought 2 friends with me would we get a deal... he said the best he could do it 15% off... That brings it to $221.

A couple notes.. the place didn\'t look very nice... kinda beat up. Nove very professional... and everyoone there smokes. I don\'t want a lingering smoke smell in my car.
Oye.... August?

Work harder!!!!

i\'ve got a buddy that wants to do his... **looks around** Civic **cough** so thats a fourth car :) But we were looking at getting it done in the next month or so... We\'ll see how work goes, I may not have the money either.

miggiddy
04-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

i\'ve got a buddy that wants to do his... **looks around** Civic **cough** so thats a fourth car :) But we were looking at getting it done in the next month or so... We\'ll see how work goes, I may not have the money either.

Hopefully next month, I would like to have the car done for those hot summer months.
Doesn\'t matter what your buddy drives (almost bought a Civic myself), if it helps with the discount then who cares.

Titanum-3
04-27-2004, 11:05 AM
I am looking to get my Mazda 3 Sport GT tinted some time soon. I live in Brampton, I would be in for a group buy.

sw0rdfish
04-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Titanum-3

I am looking to get my Mazda 3 Sport GT tinted some time soon. I live in Brampton, I would be in for a group buy.

Sounds good... Worse case Xenon, whomever we go see, we;ll make sure you get the same deal in August or whenever you\'re ready

Xenon
04-27-2004, 06:00 PM
That would be much appreciated... I\'d love to go at the end of May, but that\'s when my car somes in... and my bank acount will drain. That\'s why I have to wait until August. My parents are taking up $7000 of my car. Because of that, a large portion of my paycheck goes to them, the rest I\'m saving up for the Tint and the 3M bra.

But let me know what you people decide. I have no problems doing it myself in August. Maybe there will be more people involved in TM3 by then and I can do it with them.

swales
04-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Hey Guys,

Here\'s a pic of my 3 Sport GT tinted

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577802_3_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577802_8_full.jpg

Xenon
04-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Man, I can\'t wait until I have one of those sitting in my driveway

sw0rdfish
04-28-2004, 11:29 PM
Swales... where did you get it done? How much?

BTW, you live between Mississauga Road and Erin Mills Parkway area?

Xenon
04-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is the darkest, practical tint for the back? I know that 35% is about as far as you want to go for the front, but the back... realistically, how dark can you go

(Obviously 0% is the darkest, but you can\'t see well out of them) And for those who DO have tints on the car, what percentage do you have at the back and do you have a problem seeing through them at night when you check your blind spot?

bluntman
04-29-2004, 08:41 AM
I\'d have to double check my receipt, which is at home, but I believe I have 35% all around. My previous vehicle had a lighter tint on the front windows and a darker on the rear, I didn\'t like that at all, but I didn\'t have the ability to choose that back then (it was done through the dealership). I don\'t have any problems looking out the windows, even at night.

swales
04-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Swales... where did you get it done? How much?

I got it done at a place in Ottawa that deal with mainly highend cars and they did a fantastic job(I go to school in Ottawa). I paid $240 total and that was for the Llumar top of the line stuff, lifetime warranty etc. I highly recommend you guys don\'t only go to the cheapest place but find a place that comes highly recommended or you can see some of the work they\'ve done. My car was sitting next to a Porsche 911 turbo and a BMW M5 at the tint place and the owners of those cars couldn\'t stop talking about how great the 3 looks!!!! :-)

Just out of curiosity, what is the darkest, practical tint for the back? I know that 35% is about as far as you want to go for the front, but the back... realistically, how dark can you go

Mine is about 20% in the back and it\'s perfect, no problems seeing out at night and it looks great. I wouldn\'t recommend going below 35% though.

Xenon
04-29-2004, 02:54 PM
I was thinking 35% in the front, 20% in the back.... I just don\'t know how much the 20% will impare my vision during night driving.

miggiddy
04-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by swales

Mine is about 20% in the back and it\'s perfect, no problems seeing out at night and it looks great. I wouldn\'t recommend going below 35% though.

20% sounds good. got any pics? or you going to be at the next m3f meeting? I don\'t want it too dark.

Xenon
04-30-2004, 01:52 AM
haha, I don\'t have my car yet :( so I probably won\'t make it to the next M3F meeting. I\'ll be at the June one for sure.

bluntman
04-30-2004, 02:38 PM
If you haven\'t seen this already, check this out...

Tint Group Buy in GTA (http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5615)

Xenon
04-30-2004, 06:56 PM
I\'m sorry to say it, but it looks like August before I\'ll have the money to spend on a tint. I may look at FX... see if they can give me a deal if I do tints and a 3M at the same time.

swales
05-01-2004, 09:55 AM
20% sounds good. got any pics? or you going to be at the next m3f meeting? I don\'t want it too dark.

Just look on the previous page, I already posted some pics. Not sure if I\'ll be able to make the next meet.

snipe
05-01-2004, 11:16 AM
I was thinking of getting tints as well. But I\'m just skeptical of getting them done by someone other than Mazda. Is it worth the extra cash to get it done from Mazda or should I find a reputable place outside and get it done there and save some cash.

miggiddy
05-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by snipe

I was thinking of getting tints as well. But I\'m just skeptical of getting them done by someone other than Mazda. Is it worth the extra cash to get it done from Mazda or should I find a reputable place outside and get it done there and save some cash.

My understanding is that alot of dealerships outsource for tinting. Someone correct me if I\'m wrong. I guess it all depends on what you want, if you can wait and go aftermarket or out of the box tints. How much is the dealership charging? Other things to consider are: The type of film, warranty, quality of work, convience, and overall value.

We\'re trying to find a shop on the West side so it\'s easier for some of us to get to. Right now the only place I think I\'m truly considering is out in Markham, not convient, but if they do quality work I won\'t have to go back there for anything.

swales - looks good, was sleepin on that post :zzz , must have skipped page 1

swales
05-01-2004, 01:15 PM

99% of dealerships don\'t do the tint themselves, they get a local shop (one that they can get it done the cheapest at) then charge you more then it would cost if you went to the local shop yourself. The only reason to have the dealer take care of the tint is if you can get them to throw it in for FREE when you buy your car or give you a really good price (less then from a good shop). I would strongly recommend getting it done yourself at a local shop because you get to choose where to bring your car and see what kind of tint you\'re getting.
You have nothing to worry about if you bring it to a shop that does car customizing or tint jobs since that\'s what they do for a living and they will do a WAY better job then your local Mazda dealership would do, if they actually did do the tint themselves.

snipe
05-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.

I think I\'ll wait till I get my 3 and then look around some shops or I\'ll talk to my mechanic and ask around. But for now I\'m just gonna sit back and wait for my 3. (Dang, it\'s the longest wait ever)

Xenon
05-01-2004, 06:19 PM
My dealership offered me a tint option... at the coast of $450. I thought that was outragous. I suggest going out and getting it done on your own. Then you can also customize the darkness of the tint.

sw0rdfish
05-02-2004, 12:00 AM

My dealership offered me a tint option... at the coast of $450. I thought that was outragous. I suggest going out and getting it done on your own. Then you can also customize the darkness of the tint.
Yep... I got the same quote...

The sales woman I had told me to go to Tint King myself... WE shall see!

Xenon
05-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Just by what I have been reading on the Mazda3 Forum board and here, I think I might go to FX Auto to do my tints. He seems very reputible.

Nex
05-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Try Thornhill Tints, and ask for Richard. Amazing quality and service. Guys over on the Toronto Civics, Prelude and Accord clubs all praise his work.

Xenon
05-02-2004, 07:43 PM
You have prices and an address?

Nex
05-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Thornhill Tints
346 Newkirk Rd.
Richmond Hill, On
L4C 0A9
905-780-8468

Ask for Richard. Prices vary from car to car. I had my Accord coupe tinted for about $200. I\'d imagine the Mazda3 Sport would be a little bit more because of more windows. He uses metallic-based tint so it won\'t fade with age as opposed to dye-based tint. Lifetime warranty. I\'m taking my GF\'s M3S there as soon as she gets the car:)

miggiddy
05-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Cool thanks for the info. Do you know how long they\'ve been around?

Nex
05-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Not too sure how long he\'s been there. But he does tints for all sorts of dealers, so he\'s been around for awhile.

zdrei
05-05-2004, 12:08 AM
You guys might want to give this guy a call:

Mark @ Continental Tint Services (CTS), 519-774-1700
Her put on the clear bra on the front hood and mirrors for $250 and did my tint (30% front, 20% everywhere else) for $175. He\'s very good as he does high-end BMWs and Mercedes. He\'s local to me so it might be more for him to travel to you.

He did a fantastic job, I\'m very pleased.

miggiddy
05-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Another shop I\'ve been referred to.

I\'ve seen a tint job on derksen\'s (from M3F site) ti-grey sedan. He has a ceramic film installed. It looks really good, mind you there was no other car there to compare it to. I still want to see how a metallic film looks like. I called the shop where he got his tint from. This is what I found out.

Formula One
Performance Automotive Tint
200 Mulock Drive, Newmarket, Ontario
Phone #: 905-853-3113
Toll Free 1-888-216-0638

Linky (http://www.detailingshop.ca)

Sean, I believe is da man behind it all. He seems straight up when it comes down to everything.

What\'s the difference between ceramic and metallic film? I was told that basically ceramic film will not cause any bad reception with windshield embedded antenas vs. metallic (some how disrupts it). This is obviously not an issue for our cars.

I think the difference for heat reduction is a few percentage points. Sean said to me why pay more for ceramic (I\'ll get to pricing in a moment) if you don\'t need it.

Prices: (refer to the website for more details)

The Ultimate series
$265
Install time 2-3 hours

Ceramic Film (no details on website, well didn\'t find any)
$285
Install time 2-3 hours

I asked about a group buy he said \"no\". But you\'ll probably get a no tax deal. From what I saw on derksen\'s car it was quality work. I think like fx auto they have a machine that cuts the pattern for the film. derksen had 35% all around and it looks sweet and not too dark, I saw it a sunset so I think night driving won\'t be much of an issue looking out the back. Once I know for sure when I\'m going to get my tint done I\'ll post something to see who is truly interested and can afford it also (plus has their car ;)). Then we\'ll see what kinda deal can be hooked up.

Xenon
05-10-2004, 08:03 PM
There is a place behind Costco near on Laird Dr (Between 403 and Winston Churchill along Dundas) in Mississauga called \"The Auto Spa\"

Tints for a Mazda3 Sport would cost $250. 3M Bra would be about $250 as well. I\'m sure if you tried, you could get both done for $450.

Pricy but they have an excellent reputation. I have taken my mom\'s \'92 SVX there for detailing before. It was flawless.

miggiddy
05-12-2004, 04:55 PM
I\'m happy with the nice weather we\'re getting. I only wish I had my TINTS done!!!! Car is so hot at lunch and going home. Even with the foil sun block thingy on the dash. The annoying part is that I\'m taking a course on Sat. for the next few weeks and the time I\'m done the tint shop is closed, and I don\'t want to leave my car there over night.

bluntman
05-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

I\'m happy with the nice weather we\'re getting. I only wish I had my TINTS done!!!! Car is so hot at lunch and going home. Even with the foil sun block thingy on the dash. The annoying part is that I\'m taking a course on Sat. for the next few weeks and the time I\'m done the tint shop is closed, and I don\'t want to leave my car there over night.

If you have a sunroof keep it tilted open while you\'re at work/school. Just hope it doesn\'t rain or a squirrel sqeezes inside.

miggiddy
05-13-2004, 01:37 AM
*doh* no sunroof :(

wtom
05-18-2004, 01:11 AM

Just by what I have been reading on the Mazda3 Forum board and here, I think I might go to FX Auto to do my tints. He seems very reputible.

Hey Xenon, just a heads up if I end up having to factory-order my soon-to-be Sport GT, I can probably wait for you to go get tinted at FX Auto! :D

But....... if they have what I want in their lot with low kilometres... sorry dude. :)

01AWW18T
05-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi, I\'m the person running the GB at Thornhill Tints. Richard offered us the price of $200 for the GB, that\'s an awesome deal for his work!. The tint is Diamond Films by Film Tech. International Inc. Its metallic and won\'t fade or anything like that. Has full lifetime guarantee. His shop has been there for a while and is very reputable. I mean the saturday I went, the bmw dealer brought him a new 5 series to get tinted :D . I\'ve had him tint my brother\'s GTI last summer and it was awesome work too. I know his location may be a bit far from some of you but I\'m sure you won\'t be dissapointed. Unfortunately, the GB ends soon June 12, 2004, so hurry;)

BTW he does tint for local Honda, Acura and VW dealerships. Awesome work.

Xenon
05-28-2004, 10:53 PM
looking at the GB thread about FX Auto... getting the 3M and Tint for 375 is the way I\'m going to go. I\'ll be doing that sometime in the near future... say the next 14 days.

Newlook
05-30-2004, 01:57 AM
Just add my comment on the %. I got 15% for the back and I have no problem seeing through them at night for city driving. Without street lights would be dark. But then I have to get used to it since my previous car(s) don\'t have tinted windows.

35% front and rear sounds good though.

Xenon
05-30-2004, 09:26 AM
Does anyone here think 35% is too light?

bluntman
05-30-2004, 01:52 PM

Better it being too light than too dark. Remember, the interior is mainly black which will make the tint look darker than usual, closing the sunshade on the moonroof will darken it even more. Fabian\'s tint was too dark for my tastes.

Xenon
05-30-2004, 02:55 PM
ya... he said it was 17%? That\'s way too dark. I wouldn\'t even go below 20% and even 20% is a little dark for me.

miggiddy
05-30-2004, 11:43 PM
I think 35% all around is the way to go personally. Well that\'s what I plan on doing.

Soulcrusher
05-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Better it being too light than too dark. Remember, the interior is mainly black which will make the tint look darker than usual, closing the sunshade on the moonroof will darken it even more. Fabian\'s tint was too dark for my tastes.

I agree with bluntman. I have 38% all around on my 3. However, since your car is blue, you may opt to go a little darker for the rear windows and windshield. Either way, it\'ll look terrific!

MajesticBlueNTO
05-31-2004, 02:01 AM
20% all around on my indigo blue and i wouldn\'t have it any other way. 35% on mine would\'ve looked way too light IMO and going 35F/20R doesn\'t look as \"clean\".

i had 20% all around on my last car and didn\'t have any problems seeing out at night.

however, it all depends on personal preference and each of us have different tastes. go with what you\'d think would look good on your car :)

i got my tint done at Thornhill Tints and the work is amazing.

MajesticBlueNTO
05-31-2004, 02:05 AM
some pics of my car:

1) sun facing the opposite side of the car (bad angle made the driver\'s door tint look darker)

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_29_full.jpg

2) sun behind my back facing this side of the car

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_30_full.jpg

Soulcrusher
06-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Tint looks great on your car. I didn\'t realize that the blue on the sedan was so dark. Definitely for your car, a 20% tint all around is better.

MajesticBlueNTO
06-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Soulcrusher

Tint looks great on your car. I didn\'t realize that the blue on the sedan was so dark. Definitely for your car, a 20% tint all around is better.

the blue \"changes colour\" depending on the light out and the angle you\'re looking at it. in bright light shining directly on it, it looks more of a purplish blue. in dim light, or light shining at an angle, it looks dark blue. at night, it looks almost black.

the Majestic Blue on my maxima had almost the same effect, minus the purple (was dark blue but looked black at night) ...can you tell i like blue :hoho

Nex
06-01-2004, 10:52 AM
The 20% definitely looks good on your car, but be careful cause 20% up front is illegal.

Soulcrusher
06-01-2004, 11:36 PM
I \"believe\" that under the law, there is no legal limit. When Wayne (FX Auto) was explaining to another customer about the limit, he emphasized twice that in the law, it states \"vague\".

However, the rule of thumb is that if the cop cannot see you through the window, he will more likely pull you over than if he can see you. Since 20% is so dark, there\'s a greater chance you\'ll get nailed, especially if the cop has a pickle up his ass right at that moment :D

Oh, if you have lighter colour seats (eg. beige), then you\'ll have a better chance of being able to get away with 20% tint. However, if you have darker seats, that will just emphasize the darkness of your tint as well.

MajesticBlueNTO
06-02-2004, 12:07 AM
bottom line is don\'t drive to warrant attention and they won\'t pay any to you (in terms of the police).

my friend has 15% tint on his black maxima with black interior, lowered, stillen body kit and bling rims. he hasn\'t been pulled over yet. then again, he doesn\'t speed or drive like an idiot, and he lives in north scarborough where the cops have better things to do. when i lived in scarlem, cops didn\'t bat an eye at my max with 20% tint and tinted license plate covers. when i moved to york region, i got pulled over for the license plate covers (he was \'nice\' enough to let me off, but still...)

there are other mods that may get you pulled over too, but it\'s the risk we take when we drive \"sport compact\" imports.

bluntman
06-02-2004, 08:52 AM
However, if you have darker seats, that will just emphasize the darkness of your tint as well.

...and closing the sunshade on your moonroof too. That\'s another reason why I always drive with it open.

MajesticBlueNTO
06-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

However, if you have darker seats, that will just emphasize the darkness of your tint as well.

...and closing the sunshade on your moonroof too. That\'s another reason why I always drive with it open.

+1 ;)

Xenon
06-03-2004, 09:46 PM
I got tint and clear car bra done at FX Auto Today. I am currently in the settling phase of the tint and car bra. Complete results will be available in 3 days time. Thusfar, I must say that the quality of the job is supurb! Highly recommended.

snipe
06-04-2004, 12:14 AM

I got tint and clear car bra done at FX Auto Today. I am currently in the settling phase of the tint and car bra. Complete results will be available in 3 days time. Thusfar, I must say that the quality of the job is supurb! Highly recommended.

Cool. I can\'t wait to get mine done next Saturday. Did you wait at the place while the did it? How long did it take them? What % did u get?

bluntman
06-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Since a lot of you guys will be in the area next Saturday, come by Brullen and see what they have to offer. At the very least they have free food! :D

SED
06-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Hi guys, Have been to FX Auto, just to figure out with what tint I\'ll go - 35%F/25%R :) . I\'ll go next week with the clear bra, regular stuff, so all together 150 tint + 225 clear bra. In addition I will go with the rear bumper stripe and the bottom of the doors for another 25$. Oh, BTW, I would like to have the whole hood done. Not sure how much will add though, but you think about that now, as I have 15K km on it and looks really bad...
Wish you all the best...

PS. I saw another two Mazda3\'s there today... Looks like a factory there... :p CU

bluntman
06-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Geez, SED, you may just as well wrap the whole car in Saran Wrap with all of the 3M that you\'re putting on. :sarc

SED
06-04-2004, 03:25 PM
C\'on bluntman, don\'t lough now. The later the better... ;)

wtom
06-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by SED

C\'on bluntman, don\'t lough now. The later the better... ;)

Regarding the clear bra, I\'m just worried the stuff will turn pale/yellow and if you were to ever remove it, the colour underneath it will be a cleaner colour compared to the rest of the car which has seen the yrs of life past.

SED
06-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Better than rusty (or the best case scratched), IMO... Not sure how it will look after 5 years or so... I guess nobody has a clear bra for so long...

bluntman
06-08-2004, 06:34 AM
The 3M is removeable, with some effort, isn\'t it?

SED
06-08-2004, 09:52 AM
This is what I heard...

Xenon
06-08-2004, 06:42 PM
the Clear Car Bras are removable. Supposedly without damage to the paint. It may take some time to remoove tho. I was told the adhesive is super strong.

Soulcrusher
06-08-2004, 09:48 PM
I have to see Wayne at FX Auto again to apply a correct-fitting bumper bra. When I see him, I\'ll ask him how easy it is to remove the bra. I\'m guessing that once you start peeling off the edge, all you would have to do is to keep it wet as you peel it off.

Xenon
06-08-2004, 09:54 PM
it does peel off, but the adhesive is strong.... there was a large bubble in one of my mirrors, so they pulled if off to redo it... the mirror cover came off with the clear bra... so lucky he didn\'t snap anything... so Like I said the adhesive is STRONG.

Soulcrusher
06-08-2004, 10:03 PM

it does peel off, but the adhesive is strong.... there was a large bubble in one of my mirrors, so they pulled if off to redo it... the mirror cover came off with the clear bra... so lucky he didn\'t snap anything... so Like I said the adhesive is STRONG.

Man, you mean that you were there watching them when you\'re mirror cover came off??? Geez, I would\'a had a heart attack if I saw that :D

Anyway, when I go back, I think I\'ll stay and watch them work - just to see how difficult it is.

Xenon
06-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Of course I watched them.... I had nothing better to do... I don\'t mind staring at my car for 3 hours :p

It scared the begesus out of me when the cover came off... I thought he might have snapped something. Lucky he didn\'t... or else...

miggiddy
06-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know if they (FX) clean the windows off before applying the film?

I just don\'t want to see any streaks or any other crap (water drops or dust) under the film.

Soulcrusher
06-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Oh yeah, they clean the windows before applying the tint. Also, before applying the 3M bra, they will clean your car with a clay bar, too.

miggiddy
06-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Cool thanks. I hope to get it done next weekend. Hopefully there will be a 3 there done so I can make a final decision on the %.

Soulcrusher
06-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Although I really like FX Auto and personally would rather always go to them for all my future tint jobs and other auto-related matters (eg. rustproofing, car detailing, etc.), I saw this post on the Mazda3 forum and feel compelled to at least inform our members about this.

Apparently there\'s a special from Tint King for $175 + tax = $201.25. Details (http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=7853)

dinu01
06-21-2004, 09:52 AM
I had a good experience w/FX so I\'d rather not take a chance w/Tint King - I\'ve NEVER heard anything bad about FX but a complaint here and there about TK.

So for $50, I\'d rather have better quality film (IMO) and workmanship.

PS: wtom\'s and mine are together on the same train - ain\'t that sweet? :)

wtom
06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by dinu01

PS: wtom\'s and mine are together on the same train - ain\'t that sweet? :)

Hey dinu01, was just about to leave this forum and load M3F.com to see how you\'re doing with your order!

I just read about Darknights 2004 and now about Tinting at FX Auto (and the wait period, now up to July 10th!!!) I think I better pre-book all of this today! BUT... I\'m going to wait to call my dealership later, with VIN#, and confirm the car is actually on its way. Can\'t flippin wait anymore... I want to drive it!!!

But on the topic of tinting... I\'m still going to go to FX Auto. Mainly because of the 100% positive comments I\'ve heard from any and everyone, and it\'s only like a 10 mins drive for me.

dinu01
06-21-2004, 10:07 AM
July 10 for FX?

I better call them too (or find another location)...

I\'ll head over MZ3F now

wtom
06-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by dinu01

July 10 for FX?

I better call them too (or find another location)...

I\'ll head over MZ3F now

Yup that\'s the last I\'ve read about one of our members here and their earliest possible appointment date.

wtom
06-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Even tho I don\'t have my car and no guarantee of when I\'ll get my car, I called Wayne of FX Auto and booked 9am, July 10th, 2004. I believe Miggidy also booked this date?

Soulcrusher
06-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Even tho I don\'t have my car and no guarantee of when I\'ll get my car, I called Wayne of FX Auto and booked 9am, July 10th, 2004. I believe Miggidy also booked this date?

Patience is a virtue ... but not in this case, eh?? LOLZ

wtom
06-24-2004, 09:42 AM

Patience is a virtue ... but not in this case, eh?? LOLZ

Heh heh after waiting 9 years to finally be able to buy my own car, I can\'t wait to start doing fancier stuff to it.

I\'ve done nothing with the \'92 Buick (obvious reasons)... actually there was one time I bought a CD deck and had it installed but some electrical incompatibility issues forced me to return the deck and bring the audio back to stock. Never wanted to tint the Buick because it just wouldn\'t look right in my mind. :p