PDA

View Full Version : Colored inside dash

sw0rdfish
04-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Just wondering if anyone got the extra Dash trimming stuff... I thought about getting the chrome one, then backed out because I had already spend enough on the GFX package...

Just wondeirng what it looks like, are you glad you got it?

I\'ve been thinking about \"kicking up\" the inside of my car, like throwing the blue coloured ones in there, and getting other blue accessories... the steering wheel... or Yellow or something.

What do you guys think? Feel free to flame and say it\'ll look like ass... I haven\'t done it yet, just something that came across my mind.

bluntman
04-26-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

Just wondering if anyone got the extra Dash trimming stuff... I thought about getting the chrome one, then backed out because I had already spend enough on the GFX package...

Just wondeirng what it looks like, are you glad you got it?

I\'ve been thinking about \"kicking up\" the inside of my car, like throwing the blue coloured ones in there, and getting other blue accessories... the steering wheel... or Yellow or something.

What do you guys think? Feel free to flame and say it\'ll look like ass... I haven\'t done it yet, just something that came across my mind.

I bought he \"Silver & Leather Parking Brake Handle\" when I signed for the car. It makes the stock brake handle a bit thicker than the stock one and it gives the interior a bit more colour. The leather portion is on the underside of the handle where you pull up.

I\'ve seen the blue and red door switch plates and I don\'t like it. I may look fine on a blue or red car, but definitely not orange!

What I really didn\'t like was the fake carbon fiber looking dash strip. I went to Pacific Mall and bought some Foliatec carbon fiber film and applied that onto the strip. It made it darker, but the carbon fiber pattern was more lifelike. I may just remove it altogether a get the glossy black strip from the GS/GX models or a real CF overlay off of the internet.

sw0rdfish
04-26-2004, 12:50 PM
I was at pacific mall this weekend... Wow .. what a place.

See I was thinking of getting that blue door trim, and then getting the matching steering wheel [ where the leather is blue on each side ] but it may look too stupid... I don\'t know.

bluntman
04-26-2004, 01:04 PM

I was at pacific mall this weekend... Wow .. what a place.

See I was thinking of getting that blue door trim, and then getting the matching steering wheel [ where the leather is blue on each side ] but it may look too stupid... I don\'t know.

Just like the exterior, I like the sleeper look (I\'ve even removed the body side door molding). A few touches here and there and I\'m happy. Adding too much colour to the inside gives it that show car look and that\'s not what I\'m about.

sw0rdfish
04-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Just like the exterior, I like the sleeper look (I\'ve even removed the body side door molding). A few touches here and there and I\'m happy. Adding too much colour to the inside gives it that show car look and that\'s not what I\'m about.

I\'d like to remove those as well... Any tips on how to do it?

bluntman
04-26-2004, 04:52 PM

I\'d like to remove those as well... Any tips on how to do it?

I removed it the same way that I removed the \"3\" badge from my rear hatch. I took a piece of fishing line (dental floss works just as well) and started it behind the molding seperating it from the metal. When I released about an inch of molding I slowly yanked on the molding until all of it came off. I used \"Goo Off\" to remove any adhesive residue that I couldn\'t remove with my fingernail. Ten minutes later I was done.

The difficult part will be trying to remove the tape from the back of the molding if you\'re thinking of putting it back on - that stuff is a pain in the @ss to remove.

sw0rdfish
04-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a receipe for disaster in my case.... knowing my luck I\'ll take half the paint with it or something

bluntman
04-26-2004, 07:15 PM

Sounds like a receipe for disaster in my case.... knowing my luck I\'ll take half the paint with it or something

My main concern was whether or not these things werer held on with clips (bolted on). The paint won\'t come off, there\'s a layer of clear coat between the tape and the paint.

Xenon
04-26-2004, 09:04 PM
*Just MY opnion*

Well if you people have been reading my posts, I\'m not one to change a lot on the car. I like the Mazda3 the way it looks. Without a kit or anything like that. I like the emblums. When I get my car, I\"ll be proud to be the owner, I don\'t mind people seeing the mazda emblum or the Mazda3 enscription on the back.

The only things I plan to do to the car is Tints, 3M Protection Bra and eventually Xenons. If the radio is really unbarable, then I will change the speakers.

bluntman
04-26-2004, 10:17 PM
I wouldn\'t go so far as to say unbarable, it\'s just that I\'ve changed the stereo system in my previous vehicle and I am accustomed to a fuller, richer sound than the stock stereo system can crank out.

sw0rdfish
04-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Yeah... while I\'ve never touched my stereo in the past, I\'ll eventually update my system to crank out a better sound.

They Sills bugged me since the day I saw it on the car, but I\'m a little nervous in taking them off, as much as I\'d love to see them gone, I\'d never forgive my self if I ****ed it up:(

Moderator\'s Edit (Xenon):
Post edited to remove profanity.

miggiddy
04-27-2004, 06:13 PM

I\'d never forgive my self if I ****ed it up:(

The exact reason why I won\'t touch any of the emblems, I would forever curse at myself.

Xenon
04-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Why would you people want to remove the emblums anyway? When I get my car, I\'m leaving it on. I\'m going to be proud to own a Mazda3.

bluntman
04-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

Why would you people want to remove the emblums anyway? When I get my car, I\'m leaving it on. I\'m going to be proud to own a Mazda3.

JDM baby! :p

Mazda is going to sell thousands of these cars, I want mine to stick out just a bit.

Xenon
04-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Fair enough.

FLIPDADY
04-29-2004, 09:41 AM

Mazda is going to sell thousands of these cars, I want mine to stick out just a bit.

Now how about those clear tailights?

bluntman
04-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

The LED brake lights? No thanks. I\'m still after those side mirror covers with the LED blinker inserts! :)

sw0rdfish
04-29-2004, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

The LED brake lights? No thanks. I\'m still after those side mirror covers with the LED blinker inserts! :)

Thats an awesome idea!!!

Xenon
04-29-2004, 02:55 PM
THe mirrors I definately like... I actually like or stock taillights better than the LEDs. The LEDs are too white (since there is no coloured lens cover). Not for my blue hatch... maybe if you had red or black...

bluntman
04-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Just to bring this thread back in line. Flipside ordered a \"dash accent strip\" from a 2.0L Mazda3 for me after my experiment with the Foliatec carbon fiber look film went south on me. The more I looked at it the more I started to dislike it, maybe it was the way that I installed, I don\'t know. The dahs accent strip on the 2.0L is a \"piano gloss black\" strip which, IMO, is much nicer than the fake CF strip on the 2.3L.

Xenon
04-30-2004, 06:57 PM
the piano thing gives the car class...

IMHO, I think the interior of the 3 is meant to look more sporty than classy. If I were to replace that CF strip, it would be with aluminum.

miggiddy
05-01-2004, 12:56 AM

IMHO, I think the interior of the 3 is meant to look more sporty than classy. If I were to replace that CF strip, it would be with aluminum.

Aluminum would be cool, but I think a little more aluminum elsewhere would match. like on a shift knob.

bluntman
05-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by miggiddy

Aluminum would be cool, but I think a little more aluminum elsewhere would match. like on a shift knob.

It may not be a good idea if you keep your car parked in a sunny spot for a long time. Do you remember the bar fight scene early on in Raiders of the Lost Ark when the guy dressed in black tries to pick up the medallion that\'s been sitting in a fire. Instead, you\'ll have the word \"MOMO\" seared into your palm...ah the smell of burning flesh, brings back memories! :D

miggiddy
05-01-2004, 09:25 AM

It may not be a good idea if you keep your car parked in a sunny spot for a long time. Do you remember the bar fight scene early on in Raiders of the Lost Ark when the guy dressed in black tries to pick up the medallion that\'s been sitting in a fire. Instead, you\'ll have the word \"MOMO\" seared into your palm...ah the smell of burning flesh, brings back memories! :D

LOL, nice one:D

Xenon
05-01-2004, 06:21 PM
haha it would have been ok if MOMO was spelled the same backwards...

instead you\'d have OMOM branded onto your hand..

jimdragon8
08-03-2004, 04:47 PM
I ordered the \'appearance package\' with my car. There is a big \'3\' above the CD player, I already have had a few people ask about it. I think it adds to the car. I got the silver trim since I bought the Sunlight Silver Mazda 3. Anyone who wants to check how it looks I will be there Saturday at the East end meet:D

Newlook
08-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by jimdragon8

I ordered the \'appearance package\' with my car. There is a big \'3\' above the CD player, I already have had a few people ask about it. I think it adds to the car. I got the silver trim since I bought the Sunlight Silver Mazda 3. Anyone who wants to check how it looks I will be there Saturday at the East end meet:D

The car I saw in the show room has this... looks great... loved it. Too bad I have to pay $$$ extra just to get them.

Xenon
08-03-2004, 09:36 PM
I was thinking of getting the Blue Inserts from the US Accessory Brochure...

It would add blue accents to the shift knob, the fake carbon fibre strip, the hand brake and the door window controls in the front seat area.

ZoomZoom Girl
08-04-2004, 08:26 AM
If you do get the blue trim Xenon, be aware that the hue is not the same as the winning blue of the outside, nor the blue on the seats. The color in the U.S. accessories brochure is dark blue but, in reality, the color leans more towards aquamarine, IMO. I was a bit shocked when I saw it, mainly because the inside is now so much more colorful than with the \"carbon fibre\" strip and the black door panels. I\'m pleased with my purchase as I wanted to spruce up the depressingly dark interior but would have been happier if the trim reflected the color shown in the brochure or were of the same color of blue in the seats (and premium mats I got). Just so you know what to expect....

bluntman
08-04-2004, 09:55 AM

I was thinking of getting the Blue Inserts from the US Accessory Brochure...

It would add blue accents to the shift knob, the fake carbon fibre strip, the hand brake and the door window controls in the front seat area.

Since you\'re already painting your engine cover Ford Blue, why not use any extra paint on the dash trim piece and/or the door switch plates?

Xenon
08-04-2004, 07:32 PM
I could... but there are a few things I\'m worried about...

1. cracking the pieces during removal - if I get the acessory ones, and crack the old ones it doesn\'t matter
2. Not enough paint - I was generous in the paint layers on the cover. If I were to paint all those pieces, I don\'t think I would have enough... although I might
3. Effort - Let\'s face it, I\'m lazy :p

wtom
08-05-2004, 10:50 AM

3. Effort - Let\'s face it, I\'m lazy :p

So you\'re still not finished painting the engine cover? :)

jimdragon8
09-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Finally took 1 picture of my silver dash. Click on the website on my signature. I will be takig more photos soon!!! ;)

akz
12-07-2004, 11:02 PM
hey.. how much were those aluminum pannels ? those are pretty nice ^^ and where did you get them are they good any bad sides to having them installed?