PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from West of T.O.

zdrei
05-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi guys!

I\'m new here but not to the Mazda3forums. Nice to see a local community.

I gotta say how much I love this new Mazda3. I\'ve owned 3 BMWs in recent years and this car comes pretty close to being my favorite (my \'99 328I was NICE, but that\'s another story...).

I\'ve owned the car now for 1 month and I\'m rally diggin it. I just installed a sub yesterday and last weekend I upgraded my front speakers. That\'s about it for stereo stuff for me but the next step is bigger and nicer rims :)

I\'m also curious to see what kind of gas mileage some of are getting. I have a feeling I\'m getting quite good mileage. Right now I\'m getting 670Kms /per tank (manual trans on a 2.0L engine). Gassing up like this takes 45-50L so I know there is about 5L left in the tank when I do this. Never run out of gas so far, I think I\'ve got the whole thing worked out.

Quite a bit better mileage than my RAV4 I had before (440Kms / tank) Yuck.

Anyhow, I\'m interested in the T.O. meets to see what some of you are doing and to network a bit.

See ya around!

P.S. I\'ve kept my old custom license plate from my BMW Z3 and it seems to work for this new car (Mazda3, Z3...)

Xenon
05-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Welcome to the board Zdrei!

TM3 Meets is where you\'ll find info on the meet that we are planning, which will be our first. I\'m taking delivery on my 3 in about 2 weeks. Once again welcome!

P.S. For the record: The Mazda3\'s tank has a 50L capacity

miggiddy
05-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Welcome Zdrei

I believe the tank capacity is 55L, well at least for the 2.3. Thought it was the same for the 2.0.

Nice mileage you\'re getting. Are you driving on the highways primarily?

Xenon
05-02-2004, 01:27 PM
THe Mazda3 Brochure says 50 L... but you might be right... maybe the brochure is out of date. Owners manual will tell you.

miggiddy
05-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Strange I just looked at my manual and broch. both indicated 55L. Probably out of date or screw up.

Xenon
05-02-2004, 04:11 PM
alright, fair enough... my brochure says 50 L... I think it\'s an older print date though, I got it at the Auto Show back in February.

zdrei
05-02-2004, 10:46 PM
I think the manual does say 55L but I might be wrong since its in the car right now... Dealer told me it was 55L.

Yes, I\'m driving HWY mostly. I\'m very pleased with the gas milage so far. My 328I was good as well. Drove from Brantford Ont to 45Min East of Montreal in the winter with 3 passengers, full trunk on 1 tank of gas. 800Kms on 55L. Trip computer still said 25Kms was left. I really pushed it but that was interesting adventure ;)

Hope to come ou to a meet soon if the frickin weather stops being so uncooperative.

Xenon
05-03-2004, 01:52 AM
Oh, you have my word, as soon as I get my car, I\'ll be at every single meet TM3 holds.

I\'m really anxious and excited about my car. I\'m trying to help plan the first TM3 meet... but I\'m trying to push it back until I can get my car... haha. 11 more days (hopefully)!