PDA

View Full Version : Zep Glass & All Surface Foaming Cleaner

bluntman
05-06-2004, 09:17 PM
I usually pick up a similar product called Bon Ami, but I went by Home Depot and found this product. I used it on my front windshield and tried it out in the rain this evening. It worked great! According to the label it leaves an invisible coating that is dirt resistant and it dissolves smudges, film, scum and soil(?). I noticed that the rain \"sheets\" on the treated windshield but \"beads\" on the (more vertical and untreated) rear window of my HB. I may apply some Rain-X on the windshield this weekend for even better rain repelling performance.

Xenon
05-06-2004, 09:37 PM
I\'ve been using RainX on my parents cars for years, works like a charm

bluntman
05-06-2004, 10:06 PM
I\'ve used it too. I love how the rain runs UP the windshield when you\'re driving on the highway.

Nex
05-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Rain-X is awesome. Especialy when you\'ve got crappy wipers.

miggiddy
05-06-2004, 11:40 PM
hmmm....guess I\'m going to have to buy some for this weekend.

snipe
05-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Where could I get this RainX stuff. What would be a good place to pick up RainX and a good brand of wax. I don\'t want to be going to 2 different places. Somewhere in west Toronto or Mississauga would be good.

Also, I don\'t see a section for \"Interior Maintenance\" so I\'ll ask here. What\'s good to use for the inside? And I heard that micro-fibre towels are good to use. Anyone know where I could get them?

I guess I\'ll try Canadian Tire and some other similar stores, but these are general stores. I kind of doubt CanTire would have high quality wax and similar things.

bluntman
05-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by snipe

Where could I get this RainX stuff. What would be a good place to pick up RainX and a good brand of wax. I don\'t want to be going to 2 different places. Somewhere in west Toronto or Mississauga would be good.

Also, I don\'t see a section for \"Interior Maintenance\" so I\'ll ask here. What\'s good to use for the inside? And I heard that micro-fibre towels are good to use. Anyone know where I could get them?

I guess I\'ll try Canadian Tire and some other similar stores, but these are general stores. I kind of doubt CanTire would have high quality wax and similar things.

Canadian Tire sells RainX as well as Zymol wax, I\'ll stick to Mothers though (which Canadian Tire also carries). The only think that CT doesn\'t carry is P21S rim cleaner, you\'d have to go to wheel and tire store for that. As far as interior cleaners go, I simply use a Swiffer duster to dust the dash, which incidently CT carries as well.

snipe
05-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Cool,

I\'ll drop by CanTire and finally use the $2 I have in CanTire money towards my purchase.

As for the rim cleaner, is that what I should use for brake dust/sud. I\'ve had my car for a week now and I noticed there\'s brake dust(whatever it\'s called) on my rims. I know I\'m not breaking too hard becuase I usually coast to a stop. So I\'m wondering if maybe I should take it in to Mazda to check it out. Or maybe I\'m just paranoid as hell (I usually am).

Please let me know if a little (becuase it is a little) brake dust is ok on the rims in the first couple of weeks of driving. I\'d assume a little is ok, that\'s why I haven\'t done anything yet.

miggiddy
05-14-2004, 12:46 PM
I\'ve got a fare amount of brake dust on my rims (as most people do I assume). I even got some grooving on the rear rotors. I\'ll ask them to check it out the next time I\'m at the dealership. Don\'t want to dwell on the brake topic, but I just find it really odd how my front rotors are perfectly smooth while the rears have the grooves.

As for cleaning the rims I bought some armour all rim cleaner. You spray it on while the rims are cool and dry. I used a sponge to scrub off the dust that was sticking, rinsed, and scrubbed again. It does an okay job, so much easier than using a rag and wiping the dust off after completely washing the car. The hardest part is getting to the inner portion of the rims (16\'s), the rotor gets in the way a little so I missed a lot of the dust in there.

sw0rdfish
05-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

I\'ve got a fare amount of brake dust on my rims (as most people do I assume). I even got some grooving on the rear rotors. I\'ll ask them to check it out the next time I\'m at the dealership. Don\'t want to dwell on the brake topic, but I just find it really odd how my front rotors are perfectly smooth while the rears have the grooves.

As for cleaning the rims I bought some armour all rim cleaner. You spray it on while the rims are cool and dry. I used a sponge to scrub off the dust that was sticking, rinsed, and scrubbed again. It does an okay job, so much easier than using a rag and wiping the dust off after completely washing the car. The hardest part is getting to the inner portion of the rims (16\'s), the rotor gets in the way a little so I missed a lot of the dust in there.

I have the exact same problem... my uncle was wondering WTF is up.

I\'m thinking of going in to NAPA and getting some semi-metalic pads.... they dust a hell of a lot less than the ones mazda put on.

Xenon
05-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Anyone put Rain-X on a windshield with the Rain Sensors on it?

The manual says that products like that can affect the way the sensor works. I\'m wondering if this is true. It could cause the sensor to function \"Abnormally\" or \"improperly\".

snipe
05-25-2004, 06:36 PM
I put RainX on my windshield. Sensor works perfectly fine. I see no difference.

The only thing I do notice is the sensitivity control of the sensor doesn\'t really change it that much to notice it. But I noticed this even with no RainX on my windshiled.

RainX is awesome. The windshield is spotless after a wipe. But it could also be a combination of new car, new wipers, new everything.

IS300GGP
05-25-2004, 07:35 PM
as for waxes or polishes... all that needs to be said is S100 (P21S) or Zaino...
get a california car-duster...works wonders for both interior and exterior

Snipe
come over to my house when you are free and i\'ll show you all the shit i use for my car.

I\'ve got everything... you name it...I\'ll give you a call before my next wash... come by. ;)