PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Deploying

MarkhamMazda3
05-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I am not sure if this is the right area of the forum to put this but oh well. I along with 2 of my friends all have a mazda6. now both of them have been in pretty bad accidents, one was rear ended at about 30km/h and the other one was hit on the side by a ML500 and he also fishtaled into a curb. But in none of these accidents did the airbag deploy. And i was reading up on that other guy who totalled his Mazda3 and none of the airbags deployed. This is getting a bit worrysome. What do you think?

Xenon
05-11-2004, 05:47 PM
If you are hit from the side, your airbag may not go off. It only goes off if the car is impacted from the drivers door to the nose of the car.

bluntman
05-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by MarkhamMazda3

I am not sure if this is the right area of the forum to put this but oh well. I along with 2 of my friends all have a mazda6. now both of them have been in pretty bad accidents, one was rear ended at about 30km/h and the other one was hit on the side by a ML500 and he also fishtaled into a curb. But in none of these accidents did the airbag deploy. And i was reading up on that other guy who totalled his Mazda3 and none of the airbags deployed. This is getting a bit worrysome. What do you think?

The airbag system worked perfectly. They will only deploy on frontal collisions. Now, had the 6s had side airbags, then I would be worried.

MarkhamMazda3
05-12-2004, 06:06 PM
They both had side and curtain airbags and the colision was on the right fender just above the wheel!!

bluntman
05-12-2004, 06:57 PM
It still sounds fine to me. If you\'ve seen the video that the NHTSB shoots when it tests new cars for front and side impact, all of the side impact videos show impact at the doors around the front, rear and B pillar areas.

FLIPDADY
06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
The crash sensors on the 6\'s are at the \"B\" pillar. So the vehicle would have to take a hit at the center in order for the airbags to deploy. There are no sensors for a rear collision so no airbags will go off.

MPS
10-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I hit some 1 in my 3 doing 180 on 401 no air bag came out so i dont trust it but the again if it went off i wouldent have my 3 any more my insurance would write it off but then if it was a bad hit i wouldent be here to tell you about it im just happy that i still have my ride :)

majic
10-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by ASD AXELA

I hit some 1 in my 3 doing 180 on 401 no air bag came out so i dont trust it but the again if it went off i wouldent have my 3 any more my insurance would write it off but then if it was a bad hit i wouldent be here to tell you about it im just happy that i still have my ride :)

d00de.. WTF were you doing 180 on the 401 for??? are you in a rush to see your own funeral? :sarc

also.. if someone in front of you was going 175 and you were going 180 then the airbag would prolly not go off b/c you actually hit them with 5km/h (relative speed) and even if you spun out and stuff you would have had to hit something fairly hard from the front for the airbags to deploy..

Newlook
10-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by majic

d00de.. WTF were you doing 180 on the 401 for??? are you in a rush to see your own funeral? :sarc

I think he might be saying he turned 180-degree.... If he hit someone at 180km/h I don\'t think he would still be able to type that msg....

majic
10-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Originally posted by majic

I think he might be saying he turned 180-degree.... If he hit someone at 180km/h I don\'t think he would still be able to type that msg....

omg.. no shit.. damn.. guy.. sorry for jumping to conclusions..
i\'m glad u\'r ok.. and as i mentioned b4.. it all depends on where the impact was from.. welcome to the forums.. sux that your first post was like that :(

Xenon
10-28-2004, 12:48 AM
No... I talked to him on MSN... he was going 180 km/h.....

majic
10-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

No... I talked to him on MSN... he was going 180 km/h.....

in that case i hope the person he hit is ok..

civiclad
10-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Going at 180km is real good cause to loose your license.

bluntman
10-28-2004, 02:02 PM
You\'d attract a lot of attention that\'s for sure.

///M
10-31-2004, 09:45 PM
wow...how did that happen? I would assume it would be totalled hitting someone at 180