PDA

View Full Version : Warning About TWM Performance

SomeGuy
11-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Long and short, they had a contest for $100 gift certificate or something and the winner asked about using his military discount with it and TWM went on facebook and shit on the guy for asking about an additional discount.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f361/you-going-address-fact-you-refused-military-159307/

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f510/shame-twm-performance-158776/

I know they used to be a sponsor here but looks like not anymore. Just not the sort of company to be supporting in the community.

MPS
11-18-2013, 11:03 PM
what did you expect from the french

XTOTHEL
11-18-2013, 11:06 PM
haha also this fail: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twmperformance/twm-performance-ultimate-designer-titanium-racing/backers

Hyperion
11-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Thought we knew to stay away already.

XTOTHEL
11-18-2013, 11:50 PM
For people who isn't registered:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/10/ra7yhabe.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/10/gusytyru.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/10/y7emeby6.jpg

THEStorm
11-19-2013, 12:28 AM
We had problems with twm on my old forum (gencoupe.com) as well. They suck! Don't give a company like that your hard earned money!

hex
11-19-2013, 05:56 AM
I saw this a couple of weeks ago. There was no need to put the guy on blast on social media. This kind of thing could've been dealt with in private.

FoXy
11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
I agree they should give it to him. A $100 gift certificate is no different than $100 cash. You should be able to use a discount on a product regardless. What asshats :AH

SKYMP3
11-19-2013, 11:11 PM
TWM has negative feedbacks every once a while.
Remember there is people paid over a month ago and not getting the order and they aren't answer phone calls and such.
Back then, there is people helping them to promote around, but not getting pay, TWM just shipped the guy a bunch of shifters as reward and the guy had to resell those shifters on his own to cash in himself.
Years ago, I helped them to doing those online promoter and they are not willing to pay any sponsor or vendor fee on the big sites, and couldn't come out with a reward structure with me. After all, they only sent me a shift knob as a paid off for the work I've done with them.

This time, I'm sure there is just some new or immature staff posting those things on their fb page and not the owner nor management people. I doubt they are really that stupid to ruin their own business. Damage is done and they should apology to save a bit of their image after this incident.

S.F.W.
11-19-2013, 11:23 PM
...and they are not willing to pay any sponsor or vendor fee on the big sites, .

Yes, including TM3. They decided it was not worthwhile for them to sponsor TM3, despite the fact we generate over 1M unique page views per year.

Stathakos
11-19-2013, 11:28 PM
TWM = Total Wanker Monkeys

Cab0oze
11-20-2013, 06:25 AM
I agree they should give it to him. A $100 gift certificate is no different than $100 cash. You should be able to use a discount on a product regardless. What asshats :AHMy thoughts exactly.

Booter22
11-20-2013, 08:37 AM
if they have it written in there policy or on the site that discounts are not stackable. then sure. but as this is not a discount and a gift then if it is from them or someone else one would think he could use his 10% off. unless that also is in a policy they have posted on there site. but to get all pissed about not getting it. is the $100 more then the 10% off would have been? if not then take it for what it is and just get what you were getting. but from the side of the company.. is the bad press really worth 10% off..? and do you really want to piss off military people?..

i just wish i didnt get 100 emails about there promos from when i purchased a shift knob, after the many times i have asked them to take me off the mailing list.

SomeGuy
11-20-2013, 07:52 PM
if they have it written in there policy or on the site that discounts are not stackable. then sure. but as this is not a discount and a gift then if it is from them or someone else one would think he could use his 10% off. unless that also is in a policy they have posted on there site. but to get all pissed about not getting it. is the $100 more then the 10% off would have been? if not then take it for what it is and just get what you were getting. but from the side of the company.. is the bad press really worth 10% off..? and do you really want to piss off military people?..

i just wish i didnt get 100 emails about there promos from when i purchased a shift knob, after the many times i have asked them to take me off the mailing list.

$100 gift certificate = $100 cash, and any other discounts still apply. You get a gift card from futureshop, it's as good as cash and the sale prices still apply.

The biggest problem here, beyond that, is they went to facebook and gave the guy shit for asking for his military discount in addition to the $100 gift certificate and asked their "fans" if they should take the $100 gift certificate away from him for being ungrateful. That's just pitiful.

Aitch
11-20-2013, 08:46 PM
I knew this morning I'd have to clean this up. MPS, SomeGuy, take it to PMs if you want to continue.

MPS
11-20-2013, 08:58 PM
why dont u just card him and get it over with

I knew this morning I'd have to clean this up. MPS, SomeGuy, take it to PMs if you want to continue.

Aitch
11-20-2013, 09:07 PM
why dont u just card him and get it over with

You started it. You get the card.

MPS
11-20-2013, 09:08 PM
I did lol ???
Ur the mod u know who started
He trolled and he got it back

MPS
11-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Check ur pm box

Aitch
11-20-2013, 09:13 PM
I did lol ???
Ur the mod u know who started
He trolled and he got it back

Anyone that read the thread earlier knows that you started it by bringing up old grievances.

Check ur pm box

Thanks for the friendly vulgar suggestion via PM. See ya in a month.

Booter22
11-21-2013, 09:08 AM
$100 gift certificate = $100 cash, and any other discounts still apply. You get a gift card from futureshop, it's as good as cash and the sale prices still apply.

The biggest problem here, beyond that, is they went to facebook and gave the guy shit for asking for his military discount in addition to the $100 gift certificate and asked their "fans" if they should take the $100 gift certificate away from him for being ungrateful. That's just pitiful.

no i can agree to that of course. i just was saying if they have it in the fine print somewhere. but it should be able to be used with the discount, and that they went to facebook to call the guy out and ask other people based on likes of the post.. well thats a joke! and a sad way a business is dealing with a customer issue.

funny that i got two emails from them yesterday about some other promo they have.. and again requested them to remove my email and Unsubscribe.. as that doesnt work has anyone found another way to stop there emails?

SomeGuy
11-21-2013, 09:48 AM
no i can agree to that of course. i just was saying if they have it in the fine print somewhere. but it should be able to be used with the discount, and that they went to facebook to call the guy out and ask other people based on likes of the post.. well thats a joke! and a sad way a business is dealing with a customer issue.

funny that i got two emails from them yesterday about some other promo they have.. and again requested them to remove my email and Unsubscribe.. as that doesnt work has anyone found another way to stop there emails?

Add to your spam filter lol

Mr Wilson
11-21-2013, 11:50 AM
^^^thats what i did.

m3gad37h
12-06-2013, 05:16 PM
I previously purchased a short shifter and weighted knob from them and found they had great products. Mind you, having there page liked on facebook I've seen some rather odd posts that didn't look very professional...

BiGBanG
12-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Can't believe they're being a dick about 10% discount...just unsubscribed from their stupid promotional emails.