PDA

View Full Version : Heading back to Hong Kong

M Cube
05-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Hi fellows, I will be leaving Toronto on 13th June back home to Hong Kong for a 3 weeks to visit my parents, and of course searching for JDM Axela stuff :D
Because the 3\'s are only called Axela in Japan, so I hope I can find some stuff like \"Axela\" emblems, side mirror with turn signals, etc....
I\'ve got a question for our fellow TM3 members........
If I can find some \"stuff\" for our car, I might be able to pick them up also for you guys......and of course price wise I have to keep you guys updated while I am there.....thru TM3 or email whichever way you prefer.........

Here\'s what I am looking for here...........
1. Memebers from Hong Kong (so I dont have to blind search)
2. A list of stuff you might be interested so I have an idea.......

I\'ll start the list off..........
1. HID conversion kit
2. JDM \"Axela\" emblem
3. Suspension components
4. Body kit
5. Rims

Please keep in mind that larger items might have to be shipped here........I will find out tomorow 05-22-04 if my buddy get some hookups to ship stuff over.......

wtom
05-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Hey sweet, another fellow HK-Chinese :)

I believe Xenon is also Chinese (or was I not suppose to mention this?) :D

M Cube... can you try and grab TWO Axela emblems for me? My ID is on ebay - wtom88

Thanks man!

M Cube
05-20-2004, 11:13 AM
wtom.........plz keep in mind the prices are still pending, cuz I am no idea what so ever of how much they\'re going to be in Hong Kong..........I believe they\'re going for around $60 canadian each.......and so far you can only get it from ebay in my knowledge......

Of course I will keep you updated thru here or email when I am back to Hong Kong

wtom
05-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by M Cube

wtom.........plz keep in mind the prices are still pending, cuz I am no idea what so ever of how much they\'re going to be in Hong Kong..........I believe they\'re going for around $60 canadian each.......and so far you can only get it from ebay in my knowledge......

Of course I will keep you updated thru here or email when I am back to Hong Kong

HOLY SH*T That Expensive?!?!?! Hrmm... okay maybe only one then... ><

$60 for a visual at home is definitely not worth it.

Please get back to me once you get a price. I can ask some of my HK friends if they can find out the price. Let you know if I get anything.

billyfo
05-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Hi M Cube, it is good for you to help us to get some stuffs, but I think there is only a few shops will carry aftermarket stuff for 3, cause 3 only out for several months in HK and if you had read Sun news or Orient daily at least online, HK version only a 1.5L car and Mazda is not as popular as Honda/Toyota, so stuff such as HID will not available so soon, of course I hope I am wrong.

Anyway, if you find some good mods for our 3, pls tell us about them. Thanks in advance.

Xenon
05-20-2004, 06:29 PM
I am chinese, but I was born and raised in Canada. I\'ve been to Hong Kong once... when I was 3.

TM3
05-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Whatup.

Hong Kong is also my motherland! haha.. came over when I was 8 :p

I think keeping us posted on the forum would be fine in regards to pricing. Just go check out all the shops in Mong Kok... hehe

bluntman
05-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by wtom

HOLY SH*T That Expensive?!?!?! Hrmm... okay maybe only one then... ><

$60 for a visual at home is definitely not worth it.

Please get back to me once you get a price. I can ask some of my HK friends if they can find out the price. Let you know if I get anything.

C\'mon now, if you want to \"join the club\" that\'s the price of admission! :sarc

wtom
05-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

I am chinese, but I was born and raised in Canada. I\'ve been to Hong Kong once... when I was 3.

Holy crapola Xenon Man... not sure if I told you about myself in another thread (going totally off-topic again) but that was the last time I was ever in HK too! This is scary. Don\'t tell me you look like me too! LOL :D

wtom
05-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

C\'mon now, if you want to \"join the club\" that\'s the price of admission! :sarc

LOL Don\'t make me choose to buy a 6 over the 3 now! :) j/k!!

M Cube
05-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks for all the info guys.......I will definitely go check out \"Mok Kok\" to see if I am luckly enough to find some stuff there..........
I notice alot of ebay sellers (ie the chrome outside mirror) are from Hong Kong. As I said I only have 3 wks there so time is limited, but hopefully I can find some cool stuff so that I can pick it up for you guys while I am there.......

About the HID, I am looking for some aftermarket conversions, but not the factory one. So I might have luck there, cuz they sell alot of different brands there. As I mentioned before it all depends on the price......... :D

I am leaning towards exterior mods for now, maybe the engine after a year or so.......cuz I am more like a \"more show, less go\" person....... :D Plus the parts will not be as popular as Honda/Toyota :p

Anyways, I will keep you guys updated thru this board.......and I am going to check with my buddy who import engines from Hong Kong so I can get some hookups just in case if I need to ship larger items back to here........ ;)

Soulcrusher
06-09-2004, 10:41 PM
So, M Cube, were you ever able to get any price quotes for various parts?

I\'m not 100% sure, but I think that you will have a personal exemption of $750 worth of goods at customs for items that you\'ll be carrying over.

If you ship any items, you can at least put down a much lower value so that the duties will be less.

Also, if you have small items that you want to ship over, you can label them as having a value of under $60 and that they are gifts. This should waive any applicable duties. So for instance, you can put down your parents as the senders and yourself as the receiver.

Newlook
06-09-2004, 10:48 PM
I\'m a HK-Chinese too... came here in 1995 when I was 15. The last time I revisit there was 98.

M Cube
06-12-2004, 02:43 PM
I am leaving on June 13th, which is tomorrow morning, :D I am so excited......
I will keep you guys updated as soon as I track down some parts........
I think the majority of stuff that I find is only for appearence cuz Mazda3 in HongKong dont have the 2.3L 160 hp engine.......
I will try to see if there\'s any parts for the Mazda6 (which have the same base engine)

The last time I\'m back is 7 years ago........I came here when I was 14 (1990).....

billyfo
06-21-2004, 05:50 PM
M Cube, if you had chance to read Sun daily, there is LED brake light sell for $5000, is that true, although I not quite interested.:p

wtom
08-04-2004, 12:34 PM
M Cube are you back in TO? I saw your msg in another thread here

RX8 rims for the 3 (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=353)

You sure made a quiet come back to TM3.com!