PDA

View Full Version : Tailights

Black3
05-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I know we all own fairly new mazda 3, however has anyone tried to change the brake or signal light??
good luck and godspeed.
prepare to take apart either your fleash on your forearm or the interior of the trunk.
if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share
also on the M3 sedan, notice how there is no area to open the trunk?you have to like stick your fingers between the bumper and the trunk. the sport has an area where the trunk opens up from.
also anyone notice how close the pedals are to each other? (gas and brake)
those are my thoughts.

snipe
05-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I wish the trunk would open/release with the remote. Since I have to use the key, I just lift open the trunk with the key still inside. I don\'t want to get fingerprints on this car :)

As for the gas/brake pedal being close, I didn\'t notice that. But now that I looked at it, I kinda like it. It leaves less space for your foot to travel back and forth between gas brake.

wtom
05-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Black3

That\'s better for heel-toe on standards. Maybe they had that in mind?

Although I don\'t own one yet, when i test drove, the first thing I found annoying was banging my knee on the centre console... I\'m not a big person either; 5\'7\".

sw0rdfish
05-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Originally posted by Black3

That\'s better for heel-toe on standards. Maybe they had that in mind?

Although I don\'t own one yet, when i test drove, the first thing I found annoying was banging my knee on the centre console... I\'m not a big person either; 5\'7\".

Move the seat back :P

One thing I noticed is that with the seat back, the dude in the back seat gets squished :P

wtom
05-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

Move the seat back :P

One thing I noticed is that with the seat back, the dude in the back seat gets squished :P

I have short legs and arms man... can\'t reach the pedals comfortably if I move back too far, same goes for instrument panel. :)

hahaha j/k

Xenon
05-21-2004, 06:41 PM
I own the hatch, so I have no problem with the trunk.

As for the gas pedals, I like where they are... it\'s the dead pedal that we\'re missing :(

Newlook
05-21-2004, 11:03 PM
I have no problem opening the trunk by sticking my finger in between the trunk lid and the bumper, but closing it.... have to press down from the trunk lid. Now I can see the potential scratches on the lid and salty hand in winter.

Leave the key in the trunk\'s key hole - I found this is a bad idea. Unless you managed to have one hand holding the key and trunk halfway open and not letting the remote/other keys to scratch your trunk lid.

Pedals are fine... unless you have a big feet or wearing a big shoe :p

Hey, it\'s a Japanese sub-compact...

wtom
05-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

I own the hatch, so I have no problem with the trunk.

As for the gas pedals, I like where they are... it\'s the dead pedal that we\'re missing :(

Have you find any way to install an aftermarket dead pedal?

Xenon
05-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Have you find any way to install an aftermarket dead pedal?

Nope, the only thing I can think of is drilling something to the floor... but I don\'t like drilling since i can\'t see what\'s behind that area of the floor. I will have to do without one for now.

Soulcrusher
05-25-2004, 10:50 PM
If you visit the Axela website and try out the Web Tuning, you\'ll find an option for the automatic. It\'s a footrest/brake/accelerator upgrade. The picture is very small, but it looks like the same option that the RX-8 has.

I asked jianjdm if he can get this but he never mentioned it during his reply.

I also asked Markham Mazda if the RX-8 pedals are compatible with the Mazda3. He said no. Somehow, I don\'t really trust him considering all the negative reviews on Markham Mazda. I think one day I\'ll ask another dealership ... perhaps Avante Mazda since they seem to have good reviews.

Right now, no dead pedal is fine. However, once winter comes around I\'ll definitely want one.

wtom
05-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Soulcrusher

I also asked Markham Mazda if the RX-8 pedals are compatible with the Mazda3. He said no. Somehow, I don\'t really trust him considering all the negative reviews on Markham Mazda. I think one day I\'ll ask another dealership ... perhaps Avante Mazda since they seem to have good reviews.

Right now, no dead pedal is fine. However, once winter comes around I\'ll definitely want one.

Thx for the info Soulcrusher.

Definitely winter will bring nastiness to the mats/carpets... time to keep a plastic bag in the car to wrap on the left foot when driving in winter time...

TM3
05-26-2004, 06:49 PM
I\'m moving this thread.
This part of the forum is for reporting known issues... this is more like \'likes and disklikes\'

Xenon
05-26-2004, 08:02 PM
I got a good idea from Newlook...

On top of the current floormats (or in replacement of), Line the foot area with towels and put a winter mat in. The towels will catch any salt/water etc, not caught by the winter mat.

Newlook
05-26-2004, 09:29 PM
That is furniture cloth. Heavy duty farbic that\'s used to make seats/couch.

Xenon
07-04-2004, 12:00 AM
I have added thin (summer) rubber mats... picked up from Canadian Tire. Tazmanian Devil ones :D.

They serve their purpose. My car is cleaner, and those rubber mats are a lot easier to clean.