PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip!

sw0rdfish
05-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Not going too far... Just out to Brighton for some camping. I\'m a little worried about the god damn gravel roads out there, but the alternative is not going, and dammit I love camping and getting hammered! [ no driving then!!! ]

Anyway, enjoy the 2-4 guys, I may post a bit tomorrow from work, but I\'ll be gone till Monday night!

Enjoy the road!:D

wtom
05-21-2004, 10:12 AM
I\'d say wrap your 3 in 3M film first! Those pebbles are going to be popping the paint right off. :(

Other than that... have a good one! I\'m taking a bus tour down to NYC and Atlantic City with my gf.

Everyone have a safe and awesome 2-4!

sw0rdfish
05-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by wtom

I\'d say wrap your 3 in 3M film first! Those pebbles are going to be popping the paint right off. :(

Other than that... have a good one! I\'m taking a bus tour down to NYC and Atlantic City with my gf.

Everyone have a safe and awesome 2-4!

I know I\'m jinxing myself, but I drove my Jetta all over the palce for 4 years, and I had not one stone chip on it... must have been good paint or something.

sw0rdfish
05-24-2004, 05:27 PM
60 Hours away from Home.
500 Kilometers Driven
3 Cities Visited... one unplaned
47 Hours of Rain
1 campsite at the bottom of the hill....

= a Very dirty 3 [ I\'ll never do that to her again ]

Took me about 4-5 hours to get her smelling like anything other than a campfire again.

EDIT: Side Note - The back seat does not double as a bed, nor should it be used to substiture for a leaking tent... I can\'t feel my knees today.:sarc

Xenon
05-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Fabreeze Auto... that stuff work? (for the campfire smell)

snipe
05-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

EDIT: Side Note - The back seat does not double as a bed, nor should it be used to substiture for a leaking tent... I can\'t feel my knees today.:sarc

That\'s the exact reason I didn\'t take my 3 camping this weekend. I took my dad\'s minivan. The car smells like campfire now. Plus we bailed at 9pm on sunday cause there was a lake inside our tent. All that wet gear in the back, I\'m glad I didn\'t harm my 3.

miggiddy
05-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Well I ended up taking my gf\'s car to Montreal this weekend. Nearly got hit by a bus and pickup will navigating in the streets. If I was driving the 3 for sure would have hit something, I believe her Sunfire is not as wide (I think).