PDA

View Full Version : Glovebox

SED
06-08-2004, 10:28 AM
My glove box doesn\'t close regularly anymore. It just happened suddenly. I need to pull the handle out every time I close it now. Anyone else?
similar thread here (http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?showtopic=6422)

Xenon
06-08-2004, 06:38 PM
My glovebox is working perfectly... no problems to date.

Soulcrusher
06-08-2004, 09:34 PM
No problems here, either. And when I first got my car, I opened and closed my glove box at least twice a day since that was where I kept my garage door opener. That was probably for about a good 6-8 weeks.

sw0rdfish
06-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Soulcrusher

No problems here, either. And when I first got my car, I opened and closed my glove box at least twice a day since that was where I kept my garage door opener. That was probably for about a good 6-8 weeks.

I did that too, but the god damn thing ended up at the back of the glovebox, and I\'d have to get my miner\'s hat out, and some rope to repel into the damn thing to get the remote door opener out... so now I use the center console compartment :P

Soulcrusher
06-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

I did that too, but the god damn thing ended up at the back of the glovebox, and I\'d have to get my miner\'s hat out, and some rope to repel into the damn thing to get the remote door opener out... so now I use the center console compartment :P

LOLZ - that\'s funny. Why didn\'t you keep it in the door part of the glove compartment. I used to keep my owner\'s manual there, too and that left a perfect amount of room for the garage door opener.

Now, I don\'t have to worry about it, because when I got my stereo installed, my buddy hooked up the remote to my car battery, hid it inside the dash and installed a little button onto my mp3 player panel. It\'s powered by the accessory, thus it can\'t be opened without the key to my car turned to at least the accessory position. :D

Newlook
06-09-2004, 10:56 PM

Now, I don\'t have to worry about it, because when I got my stereo installed, my buddy hooked up the remote to my car battery, hid it inside the dash and installed a little button onto my mp3 player panel. It\'s powered by the accessory, thus it can\'t be opened without the key to my car turned to at least the accessory position. :D

Sounds cool and pretty hi-tech. I just clip mine on the passenger side sun visor (as usual).

wtom
06-10-2004, 09:19 AM

Is that what the little red button is for?!!? I was wondering what the heck that was... hahaha... I was thinking \"no way, this guy didn\'t install NOS on his car already?!?!\" :D

Pretty cool idea though, no doubt. Much more efficient use of the empty space. How much did it cost to do it?

Xenon
06-10-2004, 09:19 PM
My garage door opener sits where the ash tray used to be... note the ash tray compartment is removable... so I just took it out since I don\'t smoke and put my opener and spare cell battery there. Fits nicely.

Soulcrusher
06-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Pretty cool idea though, no doubt. Much more efficient use of the empty space. How much did it cost to do it?

It didn\'t cost a cent! That\'s the beauty of it. :D

I\'ve been going to this guy for well over 10 years whenever I needed an upgrade to my audio system. Other than his own car, he\'s never installed this for anyone else. If you\'re comfortable with soldering and doing a bit of drilling, then it\'s actually not that hard.

///M3
06-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Yea I have the problem with my glovebox not closing without me actually having to pull on the handle and then letting go when it\'s closed

wtom
06-14-2004, 02:30 PM

It didn\'t cost a cent! That\'s the beauty of it. :D

I\'ve been going to this guy for well over 10 years whenever I needed an upgrade to my audio system. Other than his own car, he\'s never installed this for anyone else. If you\'re comfortable with soldering and doing a bit of drilling, then it\'s actually not that hard.

Hmm, I\'ll have to test myself first when/if I purchase the MP3 Player and try the install myself... if all goes well and it works 100%, then I\'ll give the on-panel garage door opener a try. :)

Soulcrusher
06-14-2004, 11:14 PM

Hmm, I\'ll have to test myself first when/if I purchase the MP3 Player and try the install myself... if all goes well and it works 100%, then I\'ll give the on-panel garage door opener a try. :)

Wow, I didn\'t know that you were adventurous enough to take apart your car. Anyway, I would never do that to my own car. :D

Still, if you ever do do-it-yourself with the mp3 player and still want to do something about the garage door opener, I\'ll let you take apart my dash so that you can see exactly what was done.

wtom
06-15-2004, 09:18 AM

Wow, I didn\'t know that you were adventurous enough to take apart your car. Anyway, I would never do that to my own car. :D

Still, if you ever do do-it-yourself with the mp3 player and still want to do something about the garage door opener, I\'ll let you take apart my dash so that you can see exactly what was done.

I only feel confident since everyone who has installed a replacement Mazda audio deck states it is a very easy task, given the patience and time. :)

I\'ll worry more to take apart YOUR car! That little garage door button that sticks out (HMM?) seems very fragile and sensitive... hahaha :p

Soulcrusher
06-15-2004, 11:05 PM
LOLZ ... you\'ll have to sit in my car again. The button only sticks out about 3 mm. It\'s not fragile at all. I\'ll lte you \"play\" with it. :p

wtom
06-16-2004, 09:59 AM

LOLZ ... you\'ll have to sit in my car again. The button only sticks out about 3 mm. It\'s not fragile at all. I\'ll lte you \"play\" with it. :p

Hahaha oh God this is going on the wrong road. :p

Yeah who knows maybe it\'ll open my garage door!

Newlook
06-16-2004, 10:03 AM

Yeah who knows maybe it\'ll open my garage door!

It\'s a sign of buying lotto if that happens :D

Soulcrusher
06-16-2004, 11:03 PM
LOLZ ... for the record ... I don\'t swing that way. Don\'t know wtom that well, so I\'ll let him answer that for himself. :D

wtom
06-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Lotto 6/49 with the larger jackpots now? Sure! :)

I don\'t swing that way either! I have a girlfriend of two years and counting! :D

... back to being on top... glovebox... sure, lottery ticket will fit in there. So huge probably the jackpot money too LOL. GF\'s purse can slip in but close the door will probably be a b!tch unless you push it in correctly.

Xenon
06-17-2004, 07:47 PM

I don\'t swing that way either! I have a girlfriend of two years and counting! :D

Xenon\'s Poem of Love:

I wish I had A Girlfriend,
I really wish I did.
but I couldn\'t find one,
So I bought a 3 instead.

I love my car too much,
keeping the winning blue all clean.
My car is so damn sexy
without a girl, I still make a scene.

I still want a girlfriend tho,
someone to share the love.
A sweet girl and a sweet car,
What can be better than the above?

sw0rdfish
06-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

Xenon\'s Poem of Love:

I really wish I did.
So I bought a 3 instead.

I love my car too much,
My car is so damn sexy

:sarc *pukes*

You ARE a woman!!

j/k man

Soulcrusher
06-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

:sarc *pukes*

You ARE a woman!!

j/k man

LOLZ ... that makes him a lesbo then. Ain\'t that HOT??? :p

wtom
06-18-2004, 09:25 AM

Xenon\'s Poem of Love:

Funny thing is I can easily imagine him singing this from his car even tho I only met the guy one and one time only (the first meet)... :)

But there will be troubles once you have both! One is the wife, the other is an affair :D

Black3
06-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ///M3

Yea I have the problem with my glovebox not closing without me actually having to pull on the handle and then letting go when it\'s closed

I noticed the problem a few days ago, was at the dealer for the front brake service bulletin and I mentioned the glovebox situation. They checked it out and I now am waiting for a new glovebox to arrive.

I have to say, w/o this website, I would be at ends with my car!

Xenon
06-19-2004, 12:28 PM
That\'s the awesome thing about car clubs. You have access to a lot of advice and opinions. I have to say that I\'d probably be lost without the forum too. I have learned so much from it.

Soulcrusher
06-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Black3

I noticed the problem a few days ago, was at the dealer for the front brake service bulletin and I mentioned the glovebox situation. They checked it out and I now am waiting for a new glovebox to arrive.

I also agree this forum is invaluable along with the Mazda3 forum. I\'ve learned so much and it\'s pointed me in directions I never thought about before. Thus far, I\'ve had no problems with the glovebox but I knew that it was a problem for a lot of people. I didn\'t realize that the dealer would replace it (as many others previously had stated that the dealer said it\'s \"normal\" (yeah, right....). So now, if it happens to me ***knock on wood***, I\'ll go to the dealer and get it fixed.

By the way, Black3, which dealership did you go to? (just in case other dealerships are gonna be difficult about this)

wtom
06-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Black3

They checked it out and I now am waiting for a new glovebox to arrive.

Hi Black3, by \"new glovebox\" they mean the door only, no? I\'m asking. I\'ve no idea about this problem. I\'m still the dude in this forum without a freakin Mazda3 yet... :D

I am in the same boat as you regarding this website, as well as Mazda3Forums.com (which is where I found out about TorontoMazda3.com). Funny and educational times spent in both of these sites.

Black3
06-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Sorry my bad, they have a new glove box door on order. I hope it solves the problem
My servicing dealer is Mazda of Brampton.

no real problems with the dealer, all complaints were verified through the dealer.
I have a fairly strong automotive background that helps me too.

Soulcrusher
06-21-2004, 09:23 PM
That\'s good to know. So if we ever have problems with dealers, we can ask for your advice :)

bluntman
06-22-2004, 07:43 PM

Xenon\'s Poem of Love:

I really wish I did.
So I bought a 3 instead.

I love my car too much,
My car is so damn sexy

Xenon, do us a favour...call this number (416) 535-8501 ext. 6878/2921/1911.

CAMH.net (http://www.camh.net/)

(j/k)

Xenon
06-22-2004, 08:06 PM
LOL nice....

It\'s no secret that I love my car.... reminds me of that Nissan Commercial:

Xenon do you take this Mazda3 to be your automobile?
I Do

Do you, Mazda3, Take Xenon to be your driver?
*Beep Beep*

I now pronounce you driver and automobile. You maay start the engine.

bluntman
06-22-2004, 08:45 PM
That\'s it! I\'m calling them for you, they\'ll be there on the 26th waiting for you. You look to be, what, about a medium? (fitting you for a straight jacket). :D

Xenon
06-22-2004, 09:06 PM
if I recall correctly... you car has more mods than mine...

bluntman
06-22-2004, 09:29 PM
I just added one more this evening too.

But we\'re getting way off topic!

Newlook
06-22-2004, 09:45 PM

LOL nice....

It\'s no secret that I love my car.... reminds me of that Nissan Commercial:

Xenon do you take this Mazda3 to be your automobile?
I Do

Do you, Mazda3, Take Xenon to be your driver?
*Beep Beep*

I now pronounce you driver and automobile. You maay start the engine.

OMG... LMAO!!

FLIPDADY
06-23-2004, 09:37 AM
The problem with the glovebox not closing properly has to do with the 2 plastic strikers on each side of the cover. You can\'t just replace the cover so the entire glovebox assembly has to be replaced. If you encounter this problem contact your dealer.

Soulcrusher
06-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks FLIPSPEED. It\'s so great having someone who works at a RELIABLE dealership be a part of this forum, too. Three hurrahs for you. :D

FLIPDADY
06-24-2004, 07:51 AM

Thanks FLIPSPEED. It\'s so great having someone who works at a RELIABLE dealership be a part of this forum, too. Three hurrahs for you. :D
Hey that\'s what I\'m here for!;)

civiclad
07-29-2004, 09:55 AM

Xenon\'s Poem of Love:

I really wish I did.
So I bought a 3 instead.

I love my car too much,
My car is so damn sexy

HAHA...this is bloody funny! :)

dallan
08-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Yup, same problem. It may be my imagination but it seems to be getting better, maybe I\'m just used to closing it a little harder! BTW I have 22000+ kms on it.

Dudeit
11-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Yep, my glove box has done the same thing! One day it just wouldn\'t close properly so I need to open the handle when closing.

midnightfxgt
11-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Take it in for a new one or do the fix! :D

FIX IT! (http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=8222&highlight=glovebox+fix)

~JOHN