PDA

View Full Version : Brake Grinding/Weird Noise ?

davmcn
01-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Hi All,

I was driving home after making a Tim Hortons stop and I heard some kind of grinding noise/metal on metal noise when braking... I was going around 60km/hr.

The car is not even a year old, and I just got the 1year service done about 10 days ago, this is the first time this has happened.... I also noticed I had to step very hard on the brakes to stop!

Should I be worried? Should I get it looked at ? Or is just something I should keep an eye on for a while and hopefully goes away ?

Dave.

Zotaga
01-15-2014, 08:37 PM
When braking.. sounds to me like that could be your brake pads (or what's left of them) scraping against your rotors. It's possible whoever did your service really f'ed up your car..

My advice is if you know someone, get your brakes re-serviced.. if you don't know anyone and you live near Toronto, I know someone that will do it for $50. He does mine and I couldn't be happier.

sarujo
01-15-2014, 08:42 PM
If you just had the service done, go back to the dealer and get them to re-check!

davmcn
01-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Fudge! I hope it isn't anything major. I'll see how it is on the way home tonight and if it does it again, off to Mazda it goes tomorrow.

davmcn
01-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Went for a car wash at Mazda this evening on the way back from the gym, and it seems that the brakes are awesome again. they sucked before the car wash, but after everything was back to normal. Maybe something got stuck in the brakes... or such. Not sure.

Zotaga
01-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Did you run over any squirrels, skunks, or rabbits? Maybe you were crushing their bones until the wash cleaned them off? lol

Went for a car wash at Mazda this evening on the way back from the gym, and it seems that the brakes are awesome again. they sucked before the car wash, but after everything was back to normal. Maybe something got stuck in the brakes... or such. Not sure.

Wisecraker
01-16-2014, 07:38 AM
Did you run over any squirrels, skunks, or rabbits? Maybe you were crushing their bones until the wash cleaned them off? lol

It happens

joedemarco
01-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Hey guys,

any suggestion as to where I can get a full brake job done at a decent price for my 07 MS3...Im well overdue for one and the 1200 that mazda wants is not ****ing happening.

Thanks

peterm15
01-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Jimmy @ street performance. Bring your own parts