PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Affiliation

Xenon
06-18-2004, 07:14 PM
What I am trying to do is setup affiliate dealerships for us to go to. By affiliate I mean a dealership who has good service, friendly staff and gives members of Toronto Mazda3 a discount (on either parts, service or both). I\'m hoping to find affiliates for both West, East, North of Toronto, and the downtown core.

I visited Oakville Mazda and Westowne Mazda today. I talked to the Assistant General Managers of both dealerships. Oakville Mazda didn\'t sound too enthusiastic about the idea. However, Westowne Mazda, who has long supported the Toronto Protege Club (TOprotege) was very enthusiastic. They said they maybe able to work something out.

So far, the staff that I have met there are very friendly and the Asst. Gen. Manager loves the idea of any Mazda Car Club. He says they may be able to work out a discount on Parts and/or service. None of this is official yet, but it looks like we have our first affiliate dealership. Just because of his scheduling and mine, I may not be able to make things final until the end of July or August.

Westowne Mazda will probably be our West side affiliate. If you live downtown, or in the east or north, and you have a good relationship with your Mazda Dealership, maybe they can become our affiliate too. PM me for details on what to ask the Manager(s) and what we are looking for in an affiliate.

I\'ll keep the club posted on how things are going with Westowne.

Soulcrusher
06-18-2004, 11:48 PM
I believe that Avante Mazda has had some really good reviews by both member of this forum and on the Mazda3 forum. Also, I think a member of this forum works for Avante. If that is the case, I would recommend this dealership for East Toronto. It\'s quite centralized for this part of the city. Although this dealership is much farther away than Markham Mazda (less than 5 minutes away from my house), I\'d drive to Avante because of their reputation.

Xenon
06-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Who is the contact for Avante Mazda? I work in Scarborough, so on my way home one day I can drop by and visit the dealership.

MajesticBlueNTO
06-19-2004, 02:06 PM
here\'s the info posted in TOProtege.com.

Avante Mazda of Toronto

7800 Yonge St.(Yonge and Steeles)
Thornhill
905-889-2001

i bought my car there and the people i dealt with (eddie ying - sales manager, and dave gurnett - buisness manager) were very friendly.

cheers

bluntman
06-19-2004, 03:30 PM
FLIPSPEED is the assistant parts manager at Avante of Toronto.

Xenon
06-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Alright.. I\'ll take this info to the car meet. Hopefully Flip is there... if not, I\'ll swing by the dealership one day.

FLIPDADY
07-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

Avante Mazda of Toronto

Thornhill
905-889-2001

i bought my car there and the people i dealt with (eddie ying - sales manager, and dave gurnett - buisness manager) were very friendly.

cheers

Here\'s our new address:

6167 Yonge St.(Yonge just south of Steeles the old Sisley Honda building)
Toronto
416-642-7777(Main line)
416-642-1333(Direct parts line)
Joe Montano - Assistant Parts Manager

Xenon
07-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Update on the Westowne Mazda Affiliation:

I spoke to Nicki about an affiliation deal with TM3. I, and he is 75% confident that we will get 15% off service and parts. We should have the deal solid by the end of August.

Some conditions:

The first few months of the deal they will be recording license plates of who requests for the deal. After this \"probation\" period they will request a list of members of TM3. Provided there are little to no fraudulent claims of membership, they will allow us to recieve the discount without proof of membership. If there are more fraudulent cases than they would like, they will require you to be on an \"active members\" list in order to recieve a discount.

a warning in advance, this list will require your licence plate to be listed. Only he and I will have a copy of the list, if it is ever needed. I will only collect the information if it is needed.

Xenon
07-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

Avante Mazda of Toronto

Thornhill
905-889-2001

cheers

Here\'s our new address:

6167 Yonge St.(Yonge just south of Steeles the old Sisley Honda building)
Toronto
416-642-7777(Main line)
416-642-1333(Direct parts line)
Joe Montano - Assistant Parts Manager

What are the chances of getting an affiliation with Avante? (see Westowne Deal)

Xenon
07-20-2004, 09:00 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE!!!!

See this thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=313)

The above thread is for listings only. Please post replies and/or comments in this thread or a new, similar one.

Snipes
07-21-2004, 07:21 AM
I am most likely picking up my car this week and will talk to Avante Richmond Hill to see if they will do something similar. Sound good?

FLIPDADY
07-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Just PM Xenon about a club discount.;)

Hope to see you guys/gals soon.

Xenon
07-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Just PM Xenon about a club discount.;)

Hope to see you guys/gals soon.

I have added your discount to the TM3 Affiliations list.

ALL MEMBERS please note that all affiliations will not be effective until August 17th. This is beacuse we would like our Active Members list to be complete and in the affiliates hands before we allow members to start using the deals.

Affiliates may offer the deal prior to August 17th, but there is no gurantee that you will recieve the discount prior to August 17th.

All affiliations can be found here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=313).

dinu01
07-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Great to see Toronto Avante\'s on board!

I\'m taking the Protege in for an oil change tomorrow.

dinu01
07-21-2004, 08:12 PM
And yes, this is the place where we bought and now service both the Pro and 3.

Xenon
07-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by dinu01

Great to see Toronto Avante\'s on board!

I\'m taking the Protege in for an oil change tomorrow.

Please note that the Avante Discount is for Parts & Accessories only. Service Price is not affected by the discount.

Xenon
07-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Continue discussion here:

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=319