PDA

View Full Version : 04 Mazda 3 rust Please HELP

tsousa
02-09-2014, 11:58 AM
10 months ago I got an 04 Mazda 3 gt. It had a couple small rust spots but nothing major that was visible. Now the rust is unbelievable! The car is lease to own. Still have one more year and am very worried. I can't afford to have all the bodywork done. Just had windshield replaced at speedy and they almost couldn't replace it because of all the corrosion. They said they've never seen anything like it. I really feel stuck and don't know what to do. I heard there was a recall but I think it's over. I guess the previous owner didn't know about the recall. I don't know if the leasing company should have to put me in another vehicle or if Mazda will do anything. I'm on disability and can't do it myself. Otherwise I love the car. Does anyone have any advice or anyone had a similar issue. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

sube
02-09-2014, 05:47 PM
10 months ago I got an 04 Mazda 3 gt. It had a couple small rust spots but nothing major that was visible. Now the rust is unbelievable! The car is lease to own. Still have one more year and am very worried. I can't afford to have all the bodywork done. Just had windshield replaced at speedy and they almost couldn't replace it because of all the corrosion. They said they've never seen anything like it. I really feel stuck and don't know what to do. I heard there was a recall but I think it's over. I guess the previous owner didn't know about the recall. I don't know if the leasing company should have to put me in another vehicle or if Mazda will do anything. I'm on disability and can't do it myself. Otherwise I love the car. Does anyone have any advice or anyone had a similar issue. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Unfortunately you are probably SOL, most of those lease to own outfits prey on people in reduced circumstances. Most of what they sell is junk that they bought cheap then touched up, and then leased out to unsuspecting people. Usually the down payment covers their expenses, everything after that is gravy. Don't know about Canada, but I do know you will find several of these places at every US army base. They have a ready base of suckers in the young army recruits.

Pat.

Booter22
02-09-2014, 07:22 PM
sadly i think your own your own. i wouldnt think mazda will help for rust on a 10 year old car. mind you why or how are you leasing an 04? and by lease to own do you mean you are financing it? anyway you should contact the leasing company see what they say but i think you will need to pull the trigger one way or another if you want to fix it and keep the car or not.

sube
02-10-2014, 05:36 PM
sadly i think your own your own. i wouldnt think mazda will help for rust on a 10 year old car. mind you why or how are you leasing an 04? and by lease to own do you mean you are financing it? anyway you should contact the leasing company see what they say but i think you will need to pull the trigger one way or another if you want to fix it and keep the car or not.

It is called lease to own, but it is really financing at an absorbent rate. The dealership if you can call it that, is really a place of last resort for folks who really can't get a car anywhere else due to financial circumstances. Don't get me wrong not everyone who deals with these places is in a bad financial state, but this dynamic makes up the bulk of these places clientele.

Like I said in my last post they are really prevalent around army bases in the states, where young raw recruits are living paycheck to paycheck. A large number default on payments, the car is repossessed and leased to own to another sucker. A license to print money for the sellers.

Pat.