PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean car wash

FLIPDADY
06-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Has anyone here tried it yet? I\'m thinking of getting one soon.

miggiddy
06-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Everytime I see that commercial I think about picking one up myself. It\'s always a battle to wipe dry the car to reduce all those water spots. I love my mica black except for all the dirt that shows :( oh well.

How much do that want for that anyhow?

FLIPDADY
06-24-2004, 11:31 AM
I think the kit is $28.99 at Crappy Tire.

http://img75.photobucket.com/albums/v228/FLIPSPEED/mrclean.jpg

dredd2099
06-24-2004, 01:01 PM
apparently works
have tons of ppl swearing by it already

Newlook
06-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

I think the kit is $28.99 at Crappy Tire.

It\'s a dollar cheaper at Walmart if I remember correctly.

miggiddy
06-24-2004, 08:25 PM
I wonder how many washes that package is good for. Does anyone know?

fat mike
06-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah it rules! I have used it for about a month now. It does what it says there are no water spots what so ever after it dries. The kit will come wiht a styarter cartridge and soap, the starter cartridge is good for three washes but the regular ones you buy after that are good for ten. I have figured it out to cost around $2 a wash witch isnt to bad at all. But I would recomend picking it up its defintly worth it!

Soulcrusher
06-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

I believe this one has seven. I saw it at Costco for around $28-29 and then I saw the same one at Crappy Tire. I\'ll probably get one soon, too.

fat mike
06-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Soulcrusher

Originally posted by miggiddy

I believe this one has seven. I saw it at Costco for around $28-29 and then I saw the same one at Crappy Tire. I\'ll probably get one soon, too.

lol its 3 as stated in my previous post lol

miggiddy
06-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Thanks for info. Their site didn\'t say too much about it, well nothing specific other than it doesn\'t leave spots. Two bucks a wash, pretty good. I\'ve spent enough money on all that wax, soap, towels and crap to do the wash already. Just another thing to get for the car.

Xenon
06-25-2004, 08:41 PM
I\'ve learned all the areas where water hides. I don\'t find any problem in drying the car anymore.

xoom
08-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Was at walmart today and they\'ve dropped the price to $21.96! I bought it a week ago from walmart at $26.96 but they were nice enough to refund the difference.

Xenon
08-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Canadian Tire had a $5 off coupon last time I was there.

Coupon expires Aug. 31. I think that makes it 3 cents more expensive than Wal-Mart.

billyfo
08-12-2004, 08:05 PM
I bought one, but not yet tried once.
if you are member for Sam\'s Club (Walmart \"Costco\"), it sells at $22.95 but it was 2 weeks ago.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-12-2004, 10:34 PM
home depot in hamilton (on centennial) is selling mr.clean auto dry for 19.97... summer clearance.

i\'ve tried it and it\'s now the only way i\'ll wash my car at home.

david3
08-13-2004, 12:39 PM
I use it all the time on all of our cars. Works very well.

ZoomZoom Girl
08-13-2004, 12:50 PM
I love mine too but have a couple of questions. How long do you rinse with the filtered water to get the spot-free finish (5 minutes, 10 minutes...)? Also, how long does it generally take your car to be completely dry? Mine is taking at least 1 hour so I wonder if this is normal or what. Getting the spot-free finish, but still....

wtom
08-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Girl

I love mine too but have a couple of questions. How long do you rinse with the filtered water to get the spot-free finish (5 minutes, 10 minutes...)? Also, how long does it generally take your car to be completely dry? Mine is taking at least 1 hour so I wonder if this is normal or what. Getting the spot-free finish, but still....

Go out and buy The Absorber to dry your car. It is amazing!!! No lint, no streaks, nothing! Just be sure to dry in the shade or no sun at all.

I\'m never letting my car sit to dry by itself, that\'s bad (think rusting). Soak up all water in all cracks and behind the door panels too. Try not to let any water sit on the car for long period (you can go crazy and dry your car after all rainfall too). :)

I picked mine up at CanTi for $20.

ZoomZoom Girl
08-13-2004, 01:38 PM
....but if you TRIED the Mr. Clean you\'d be so hooked! Perfect, spot-free finish with no drying, no lint, etc. It\'s a great little gadget. Yeah, the spot under the hatch door handle definitely gets filled with water so I do have to do a little manual drying. Step into the 21st century Warren! Come on, you know you want to try the Mr. Clean....

david3
08-13-2004, 02:10 PM
After I do the final raise off of the soap I just turn the filtered on and just mist over the car lightly.. you should see the filtered water beed off and it\'ll dry without any problems.

ZoomZoom Girl
08-13-2004, 02:15 PM
....but how long do you mist the car for? 5 minutes, 10... and how long until it is dry?

david3
08-13-2004, 03:33 PM
I just mist over every area once after I raise the soap off.. which takes less than a minute.. then wipe down some areas where water likes to hide and run out. As for drying.. it should be pretty dry after just a few minutes when it\'s warm out.

xoom
08-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Girl

....but how long do you mist the car for? 5 minutes, 10... and how long until it is dry?

Like david3 said, you just have to do a really quick once-over with the mist. Think of it like replacing all the regular rinse water with the new misty stuff. It shouldn\'t take more than a minute to get the entire car, though I find it works best when you keep the nozzle pretty close to the car to get the full blasting mist effect..

ZoomZoom Girl
08-14-2004, 12:14 PM
:) Thank you! Seems I\'ve been overdoing it with the 10 minute final rinse. Still takes my car well over 1 hour to be completely dry though. Must be the cool weather we\'ve been having in Sudbury...:sarc

idreamofmazda
08-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Update - I saw the Mr. Clean Car Wash in Loblaws Pickering, for $16.94; lowest price yet.

teambedlam
08-23-2004, 08:28 PM
I tried the Mr Clean last week. WOW I am amazed. The only problem i had was my hose didn\'t tighten up on the unit. Only 2 cases of \"Mr Snakey Hose under pressure\".

I actually read and followed the instructions. Very rare for a techie... For the mist stage i pretended i was painting the car and over lapped a bit on each pass. One complete pass over the car and all the soap was gone.

Then i got to work on the rims with my Black Magic Rim Wipes and regular paper towels. By the time i finished the second rim, the entire car was dry and spot free.

Finally a product that actually does what it claims.

Way to Go Mr Clean.....

Soulcrusher
09-09-2004, 09:17 PM
I just tried this on Monday and it worked very well in terms of drying off the car with no spots. There is one thing that took me by surprise though. After washing all of the windows, it completely took off my Rain-X. When it rained this morning, the water did not bead up at all and I could barely see out of the rear window. I\'m so used to Rain-X on my windshield that I was unprepared for how \'ugly\' the view was. Once I got home, I spent a good hour reapplying the Rain-X. I\'m hoping it rains tomorrow. :D

The next time I wash the car, I\'ll try to avoid the windows and see how that works. Funny thing is that back in April when I first applied the Rain-X, I must have gone to the Sunoco Car Wash at least 3 times and the Rain-X was still on it. Guess this shows how much cleaner the car is when you actually hand wash it!

wtom
09-10-2004, 12:55 AM

After washing all of the windows, it completely took off my Rain-X. When it rained this morning, the water did not bead up at all and I could barely see out of the rear window. I\'m so used to Rain-X on my windshield that I was unprepared for how \'ugly\' the view was. Once I got home, I spent a good hour reapplying the Rain-X. I\'m hoping it rains tomorrow. :D

Welcome back, Soulcrusher! It takes you an hour to apply Rain-X?!?!? You apply to all windows I imagine? In that case, I take back my astonishment... takes me 15 mins to apply that stuff to my front windshield only. :)

Xenon
09-10-2004, 12:59 AM
To be totally honest with you...

I use Eagle One 20/20 on my windows, even after I wash my car. Compared to cleaning the windows with just water, the window feels a lot smoother, and water DOES bead. I think there is something in that 20/20 that \"waxes\" the windows. Granted it doesn\'t do it to the same affect as RainX, but I have had no problems with water sheeting on the windshield.

Soulcrusher
09-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Thanks, good to be back. And yeah, I applied it to all of the windows. I\'ve also previously applied a fog shield on the interior of the windows and I just gotta say that I\'ve never had to turn on my rear window defroster and I\'ve rearly used the defogger and windshield wiper fluid. Overall, visibility is excellent which results in a safer ride!!!

Never did this to my old car. Now that I\'ve tried it on the Mazda3, I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. Hence, my urgency in reapplying the Rain-x ASAP.

Also DON\'T recommend staying away from this site for a long period of time ... spent a good 4-5 hours catching up on things. :p

wtom
09-10-2004, 01:27 AM

Thanks, good to be back. And yeah, I applied it to all of the windows. I\'ve also previously applied a fog shield on the interior of the windows and I just gotta say that I\'ve never had to turn on my rear window defroster and I\'ve rearly used the defogger and windshield wiper fluid. Overall, visibility is excellent which results in a safer ride!!!

Never did this to my old car. Now that I\'ve tried it on the Mazda3, I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. Hence, my urgency in reapplying the Rain-x ASAP.

Also DON\'T recommend staying away from this site for a long period of time ... spent a good 4-5 hours catching up on things. :p

LOL seems like you haven\'t full caught up yet either. No word for Meeting of Mazdas? It looks to be a huge event for TorontoMazda3.com! Attendance is getting high!

What is the fog shield product called? I\'d be interested because my window interiors have been fogging up quite a bit these past few nights... and it\'s annoying cuz already cold and I don\'t really want to turn on the defogger setting (automatic A/C on).

Rain-X ... I encourage everyone to try it too!

XENON;

Originally posted by Xenon

To be totally honest with you...

I use Eagle One 20/20 on my windows, even after I wash my car. Compared to cleaning the windows with just water, the window feels a lot smoother, and water DOES bead. I think there is something in that 20/20 that \"waxes\" the windows. Granted it doesn\'t do it to the same affect as RainX, but I have had no problems with water sheeting on the windshield.

So water will not layer on the windows but at the same time they won\'t flow upwards and off the windshield?

I\'ve a friend who says he has a bottle of 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water mixture for wiping windows... HMM... :)

majic
09-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by wtom
What is the fog shield product called? I\'d be interested because my window interiors have been fogging up quite a bit these past few nights... and it\'s annoying cuz already cold and I don\'t really want to turn on the defogger setting (automatic A/C on).

you should find a room for you and your gf ;) that should solve your problem.. :D :D :D

wtom
09-10-2004, 09:33 PM
LOL totally unexpected perspective there... DOH

ZoomZoom Girl
09-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Well, now that the cooler weather is settling in my opinion of the Mr. Clean carwash has changed. It works fine in hot conditions, but under 15 degrees and it just won\'t dry! I\'ll be going back to normal soap and hand drying once I run out of the unit soap/filter. I wonder if anyone else noticed this with their cars? I think I\'ll try running my Meguiar\'s Deep Crystal car wash out of the unit to see if it works since I do like the convenience of not having to use a bucket.

MazdaTree
09-17-2004, 05:21 PM
i got mr clean carwash but i really dont like it the only thing i like is how it dries without spots other then that i rather use my hose. if n e body wants a mr clean carwash i will sell it to them....

AfterBurner
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
A new version of the Mr Clean Auto Dry is coming in January. Its called the AutoDry Pro and it offers a Jet setting that is 5x more powerful than the rinse setting. It includes a drainable case with car cleaning gear including a brush for the rims.

Also check out http://www.savethechammy.com (http://www.savethechammy.com/)
They have testimonies by such celebrity chamois as Chammy Davis Jr. and Chammy Sosa.:D :D

MAZDA3_MIKE
01-19-2005, 07:58 AM
buy it best 25 bux i have spent on cleaning products for my car hands down . I remember the first time i used the Mr Clean auto dry car wash . I was waiting for the spots to show . But nothing !
it works great , and is a great time saver.

myko
04-11-2005, 01:34 PM
used the new version of mr. clean on saturday... so frickin\' good. just a question though: has anyone tried using another company\'s soap (handwashing and whatever), and then use mr. clean\'s filter thing to dry the car? that would be the ideal situation, so that i can use my soap, brushes, and pressure washer, and then just let it air-dry with mr. clean.

J-Wo
04-11-2005, 03:09 PM
All these positive comments on the mr clean... I\'m surprised! All I\'ve read about is how it will strip away any wax jobs you have. So what is your experience? Do any of you wax after the mr. clean? Supposedly if you have a fresh coat of wax, then us the mr. clean, you won\'t get any beads of water. But if you wax a small portion back, that area will bead, showing that the mr. clean removes wax. I for one would not ilke to wax my car EVERY time I wash it.

Titanum-3
04-11-2005, 06:36 PM
I used my mr clean car wash twice last year, I never really liked it. I don\'t like waiting for my car to dry, I usually like taking it for a spin right after I wash it. I also don\'t like the idea that the water doesn\'t bead off and the paint doesn’t have a smooth feel to it. I gave my mr. clean unit away, I prefer to hand dry my car with a chamois.

nifty6
05-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Titanum-3

I used my mr clean car wash twice last year, I never really liked it. I don\'t like waiting for my car to dry, I usually like taking it for a spin right after I wash it. I also don\'t like the idea that the water doesn\'t bead off and the paint doesn’t have a smooth feel to it. I gave my mr. clean unit away, I prefer to hand dry my car with a chamois.

A friend of mine has a Dodge Ram pick up in BLACK, after washing it he uses a leaf blower to dry it, no spots at all. But you have to be careful not to hit the ground and kicking up a stone that may hit your car. By using the blower he can dry areas that you couldn\'t get into to dry by hand.

dredd2099
05-18-2005, 03:01 PM
^daz a good one

firstmazda
05-18-2005, 11:19 PM
^ +1
LOL I like that leaf blower thing!
Mr. Ghetto Clean haha

TheProfessor
05-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Wouldn\'t it be quicker and more fun to just go for a fast drive:p

Tighty Whitey
03-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by J-Wo

All these positive comments on the mr clean... I\'m surprised! All I\'ve read about is how it will strip away any wax jobs you have. So what is your experience? Do any of you wax after the mr. clean? Supposedly if you have a fresh coat of wax, then us the mr. clean, you won\'t get any beads of water. But if you wax a small portion back, that area will bead, showing that the mr. clean removes wax. I for one would not ilke to wax my car EVERY time I wash it.

Anyone else found that Mr. Clean strips off your wax?

MAZDA Kitten
04-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Yes it does big time
I still use it religiously though as well I\'m anal about waxing as well so its not a big deal to me

MattD
04-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Everytime that I have used the Mr. Clean car wash I saw spots and water marks after. I cant say that I would ever endorse that product to anyone that asked. Pretty sure I would call it a waste of money. I prefer the elbow grease method. More satisfying.

MAZDA Kitten
04-16-2006, 03:58 AM
Have you changed your filter? Thats what happens when your filter is old
I have a black car and never have I seen water spots

Flagrum_3
04-18-2006, 07:05 PM
I personally haven\'t used the Mr Clean stuff but my nephew has on his Black Golf GTi...it works fine but the only thing that bothers me is the cost! Here\'s a washing tip that will save you all some money. When doing your final rinse on your car take whatever end you might have on your hose off and rinse with about half your water pressure...try it.
There might be some water left but very little and that\'s easily dried spotless with a chamois or micro fiber cloth.(micro fiber preferably)

_3

Nextmod
04-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by MattD Everytime that I have used the Mr. Clean car wash I saw spots and water marks after. I cant say that I would ever endorse that product to anyone that asked. Pretty sure I would call it a waste of money. I prefer the elbow grease method. More satisfying.

you must be doing something wrong. I have tried it on a white car, black car, dark grey SUV, and a red car, it it works.

untill I dropped it once and broke the damn thing lol

good thing I got 2 sets for free lol (they gave them away at the auto show last year to all writers/Editors)