PDA

View Full Version : Can Mazda Actually Do this? Jeff?

113GT
02-27-2014, 10:49 AM
I traded in my 2011 mazda 3 last year for a new car (non mazda) and when i purchased my 2011 mazda 3 (as a brand new car) I also purchased the mazda added protection for 72 months / 160 000 km. I did not make 1 warranty claim during the time I owned the car.

I called mazda and asked if I can be refunded the partial amount I did not use, which would be 4 years of the 6 years purchased (I traded my car 2 years into ownership). They refused.

I remember my dealer telling me it is refundable if no warranty claim is made.

Are they wrong? Do I pursue with mazda canada or my dealership?

any advice would be appreciated!

Jeff-TheBiz

jeffjones
02-27-2014, 11:03 AM
I would assume you would have to cancel it while you are still the owner, If not I would assume the warranty would get transferred with the title.

113GT
02-27-2014, 11:28 AM
I would assume you would have to cancel it while you are still the owner, If not I would assume the warranty would get transferred with the title.

I had called them before I traded the car to remove it and they refused saying it was not refundable.

I traded in the car but now I was reminded that it was refundable?

midnightfxgt
02-27-2014, 11:48 AM
What does your paperwork say about it? It would be in there.

113GT
02-27-2014, 02:28 PM
What does your paperwork say about it? It would be in there.

I looked for a contract or terms of conditions and found nothing.

I waited more than 25 mins on the phone to speak to mazda but was on hold and had to leave.

It does not say on my "receipt" that I cannot or can have it refunded.

S.F.W.
02-27-2014, 03:21 PM
I looked for a contract or terms of conditions and found nothing.

I waited more than 25 mins on the phone to speak to mazda but was on hold and had to leave.

It does not say on my "receipt" that I cannot or can have it refunded.

1)You need to take it up with the dealer. Not Mazda Canada. It seems to be an offer the dealer made you, not MCI.
2)Has the MAP been transferred to the new owner of the car ? If so they would be the ones to try and get the refund not you.

ryan2.3
02-27-2014, 03:31 PM
When i bought my 2011, they said if i paid for a warranty and never used it, i'd get the money back after. You'd think they'd at least give you partial. Keep pressing the dealer

Jeff-TheBiz
02-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Some dealerships offer a 'tack on' product called Xwrap

For a price, Xwrap will refund the entire price of the warranty + whatever you paid for xwrap.

However it has many specifications.. like you need to be the owner for the whole period, no claim to the warranty can be made etc...

My 2 cents... not worth it at all, because almost every warranty is used some way or another.

That being the case.... In the OPs case, you need to talk to your dealer... and also check your paperwork.
If the car had warranty when you traded it in, it should have net you a better trade in value, as that warranty always stays with the car.

Only way that Mazda Canada will ever refund the purchase of MAP will be if the car is written off in an accident. and total loss can be proven