PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mazda 3 rust issue question

catman
03-22-2014, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone, I know there have been some posts about this previous but I have a small amount of rust on my back driver side fender where the back door closes and the wheel begins where the fender wraps inward towards the wheel its self. I have herd about some recalls that might be around but having a hard time confirming those with the dealership I got the car from.

If anyone can help me out with this i'd appreciate it.

or tips on how I can fix it myself. I havent done bodywork before so it could get interesting lol

Flagrum_3
03-23-2014, 12:45 AM
Extended 'RUST' warranty is done, unfortunately your shit out of luck there.

You could always do it yourself; Sand or grind the rust out completely, then spray the pitted metal with a mild acid. Then repair the area with fiber glass or metal, bondo, sand then prime and paint it. OR pay someone else to do it. :)

_3

Amir
03-23-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm in the same boat. I suggest you get on it ASAP, my rust more then doubled over the winter.

Mangtoos
05-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Extended 'RUST' warranty is done, unfortunately your shit out of luck there.

You could always do it yourself; Sand or grind the rust out completely, then spray the pitted metal with a mild acid. Then repair the area with fiber glass or metal, bondo, sand then prime and paint it. OR pay someone else to do it. :)

_3

Where is a good place to get the paint in Canada? The only places I can find are in the states.

6strings
05-03-2014, 11:17 AM
After this winter season the rust has really started to become more noticeable. I've decided to just ignore it. With my current situation, its just not worth spending the money to get the rust fixed when over time it will show up anyways in the same spot or somewhere else.
I also drive a 2006, and it held up pretty nicely for a while.. but we put our dream away :(

Booter22
05-03-2014, 11:25 AM
After this winter season the rust has really started to become more noticeable. I've decided to just ignore it. With my current situation, its just not worth spending the money to get the rust fixed when over time it will show up anyways in the same spot or somewhere else.
I also drive a 2006, and it held up pretty nicely for a while.. but we put our dream away :(

i mean the cars 8 years old, thats pretty good. its not going to last forever without rust. if my 3 makes it 5 years with no rust ill be happy. anything else is just a bonus. but good call its not worth spending money to fix it. just let it go

6strings
05-03-2014, 11:30 AM
i mean the cars 8 years old, thats pretty good. its not going to last forever without rust. if my 3 makes it 5 years with no rust ill be happy. anything else is just a bonus. but good call its not worth spending money to fix it. just let it go
its time for me to get a bike lol

Flagrum_3
05-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Where is a good place to get the paint in Canada? The only places I can find are in the states.

Just go to a local Body shop and ask...and don't forget clear coat.

_3

Booter22
05-03-2014, 06:32 PM
its time for me to get a bike lol

sounds good!

catman
05-11-2014, 11:30 PM
i went to cawthra automotive 20 for a shaker can

catman
05-11-2014, 11:32 PM
also did the repair myself and turned out pretty decent if i do say so myself pretty each to do if you have patience.

Dave_The_BMXER
05-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Just go to a local Body shop and ask...and don't forget clear coat.

_3

Or get single stage.

Flagrum_3
05-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Or get single stage.

True. But I have been told; Single stage is not the best tho. Adhesion issues and peeling down the road.

_3