PDA

View Full Version : Prima Mazda - No Longer an affiliate

S.F.W.
03-25-2014, 02:43 PM
FYI for our members. Prima Mazda is no longer a TM3 affiliate dealer. They have chosen not to continue sponsoring the forum.

I encourage members to vote with their wallets and support our affiliate dealers.

r4mi5awi
03-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Damn. They were the only dealership that catered or at least tried to support the enthusiast community.

Stretch
03-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Wow! I really like that dealership and the guys who work there! I wonder if they will still help out guys buying parts, or maybe it was becoming too expensive to offer discounts.

Jenuine
03-25-2014, 03:48 PM
That sucks, I had my one year service scheduled for this Saturday. I think I'm gonna cancel and go to Avante instead.

sudz
03-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Its funny how impressions of dealerships change over the years. I still miss Oakville/QEW Mazda's Discount.

Avante used to have a horrible reputation if I remember correctly - now its changed.

I'm just super glad Mountain Mazda (in my area) is an affiliate - Discounts and all, zero questions asked. Love them. (even when their sewage pipe blew up this winter and stunk the place up to high heaven... lol)

Booter22
03-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Damn. They were the only dealership that catered or at least tried to support the enthusiast community.

lol oh really?

think i was the only person from the dealers that even posted on here, and make it out to meets and such when i can.. and yes i missed it when the budds discount ended too. but such is life and wasnt my call. :(

but now time for other affilates to step up

zoom4106
03-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Can I still use the points that I accumulated from them?

S.F.W.
03-25-2014, 08:42 PM
lol oh really?

think i was the only person from the dealers that even posted on here, and make it out to meets and such when i can.. and yes i missed it when the budds discount ended too. but such is life and wasnt my call. :(

Absolutely, you certainly tried, but certain decision makers just could not get on board with the idea.
I also agree, it is time for other dealers to step up.

S.F.W.
03-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Can I still use the points that I accumulated from them?

no idea the status of the program.

mickey_g
03-25-2014, 09:10 PM
I was a big supporter of Prima mazda and recommended them to others as well until my recent experience with them ...some of the people that used to work there are no longer there...Don't take your modded cars there...not the same anymore

Jdm_dudebro
03-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Agreed

switzah
03-26-2014, 05:43 AM
That sucks, I had my one year service scheduled for this Saturday. I think I'm gonna cancel and go to Avante instead.

DO ITTTTT
lol i love Avante mazda :)

zzz3
03-26-2014, 10:09 AM
I was a big supporter of Prima mazda and recommended them to others as well until my recent experience with them ...some of the people that used to work there are no longer there...Don't take your modded cars there...not the same anymore

+1

The service department is inept and ignorant. And the dealer principal was indifferent to it.

Jenuine
03-26-2014, 10:22 AM
DO ITTTTT
lol i love Avante mazda :)

I booked an appointment on April 5th :)

I talked to someone named Vincent and he was really nice!

It's really far from me and kind of out of my way but I'll give them a try.

r4mi5awi
03-26-2014, 10:37 AM
lol oh really?

I was referring to the administrative level. Offering hids, hella horns, plasti dip services, corksport affiliate (not sure) and maybe other aftermarket services on their sponsor page compared to other dealerships.

switzah
03-26-2014, 11:18 AM

Yeah there's him and this other guy but I can't remember his name right this moment but the service team there are great.

asyed
03-26-2014, 01:00 PM
wow this sucks. Prima was right along my commute and was very convinent for me to drop by on the way home if i needed to buy any parts. Guess I wont be going there anymore and go to Maple Mazda instead. Its a shame these people choose to discontinue their affliation.

adubya
03-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Maple Mazda from what I remember is owned by the same group that owns Prima

Jdm_dudebro
03-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Maple Mazdas parts department is awesome to deal with... Although their service department didn't seem like the happiest bunch

S.F.W.
03-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Maple Mazda from what I remember is owned by the same group that owns Prima
same group yes, different dealer principal though.

Jackal
03-26-2014, 04:25 PM

Yes. He's nice. He said on the phone to ask for him when I arrived. I guess they get commission. Someone said he used to work at MOT.

soccerboy1491
03-26-2014, 04:55 PM
I wish the Brampton Mazda was an affiliate as I've always had an great experience with them all the time for parts and when I had to being it there last second before they didn't mention the height when they checked it out

S.F.W.
03-26-2014, 09:54 PM
I wish the Brampton Mazda was an affiliate as I've always had an great experience with them all the time for parts and when I had to being it there last second before they didn't mention the height when they checked it out soccerboy1491 , they can become an affiliate. See if you can talk to their GM.

proDJtege
03-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I used the points I accumulated for service about 3 weeks ago and got $100 off a transmission flush service.
I get the feeling the rewards program might stay, but I would suggest that anyone with at least 50 points go and use it towards an oil change or something.

Having recently been there to pickup a part that took months to get in because the parts guy completely forgot to even put the order in, makes me feel rather un-surprised about this announcement.

So what other Mazda Dealerships are there in Vaughan that still sponsor? Or how about ANY Vaughan located sponsors of the board?

S.F.W.
03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I used the points I accumulated for service about 3 weeks ago and got $100 off a transmission flush service.
I get the feeling the rewards program might stay, but I would suggest that anyone with at least 50 points go and use it towards an oil change or something.

Having recently been there to pickup a part that took months to get in because the parts guy completely forgot to even put the order in, makes me feel rather un-surprised about this announcement.

So what other Mazda Dealerships are there in Vaughan that still sponsor? Or how about ANY Vaughan located sponsors of the board?

Maple Mazda

Globex
04-03-2014, 09:58 PM
That's unfortunate. I was there when Ron mentioned the new program and bonus points. Haven't been back since, but seems like no more point to.