PDA

View Full Version : RPM Drops below 3000 to 2500

mehran_reza
04-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Hi all,

I was hoping someone amongs you may have experienced this problem.

I drive a Mazda 3 2009 Sport GX. 2.0L Automatic.

I have had the car for a year now, I changed the transmission fluid from Mister Transmission last may. I do my oil changes very regularly and use non synthetic oil.

Recently (the past 3 weeks) I noticed my Car was sluggish to accelerate. I had the spark plugs changed ( to OEM Mazda Iridium ones ).

now the sluggishness still has not completely gone away. City driving is fine.

On the Highway, on the 4th gear the RPM goes upto 3000 then drops instantly to around 2500. Then I have to push more gas to get the RPM up and it refuses to go above 3000rpm

I have been driving this car for a year now constantly on the highway so any difference in performance on the highway I notice. I feel it is taking the engine more work to do now.

Any idea anyone what maybe causing this ??

Thanks in advance,

Much much appreciated

Kiyomi
04-07-2014, 05:05 PM
i think you need an italian tune up. :D
aka, run it hard and blow out carbon buildup.

slam525i
04-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Are you saying it plain refuses to accelerate on the highway? Sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Pump, filter, or injector.

An "italian tune up" like Kiyomi suggested might not be a bad idea. Accelerate hard to clean the carbon build up, but your scenario sounds like it's worse than carbon.

TheMAN
04-07-2014, 08:44 PM
check the trans fluid level with the motor running after it's fully warmed up

mehran_reza
04-07-2014, 09:35 PM
The trans fluid level is ok

Engine oil level is ok too

I called Gyro Mazda on the phone and told them what the issue was on the phone and they recommended a "Fuel injection cleaning procedure" :S which would take 1 hour and cost $140 + tax

has anyone gotten this done ?

mehran_reza
04-07-2014, 09:36 PM
It does accelerate on the highway but not like before . Very sluggish

slam525i
04-07-2014, 09:43 PM
I've never had a fuel-injector cleaning, even though I've driven several cars into the ground, so to speak. (None of them were retired for engine problems.)

Why not try a bottle of cheapie Fuel-Injector Cleaner from Canadian tire before you put in the $140.

Read the label on the bottle, add it to the appropriate amount of fuel (in your tank), and then drive it as if gas was free (lots of throttle).

If that doesn't work, maybe the professional cleaning will. (or maybe it won't. I dunno. Never had one done.)

mehran_reza
04-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I will try a Fuel Injector Cleaner off the shelf and see if that helps.

I was looking at this thread http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?73198-Fuel-Injector-Cleaner/page2

And was wondering if anyone recommends using this product. Will it be safe for a Mazda 3 engine ? http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?73198-Fuel-Injector-Cleaner/page2

I was also wondering if it might be a Fuel filter issue, but to the best of my knowledge on a Mazda it is non serviceable.