PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal click

snipe
07-17-2004, 03:40 PM
I went for my oil change today (Westowne Mazda) and I noticed something new after I got my car.

Everytime the car is in Park and I press the brake pedal it makes a distinct click sound. Then it happens when I release it. It only happens when the car is in park (4AT). I know it\'s doing the proper thing, but should I be concerned? I mean this click is very noticable and I haven\'t heard it before. That\\\'s why I\'m asking. Just want to know if I should get it checked out soon or not?

MajesticBlueNTO
07-17-2004, 05:14 PM
the clicking you hear is the Shifter Interlock system. it will not allow you to shift out of Park if you don\'t step on the brakes first.

Xenon
07-18-2004, 12:47 AM
I agree with Majestic.

Perfectly normal. All autos do that.

SED
07-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Right on the target guys!

snipe
07-21-2004, 06:15 PM
I know it\'s normal and I perfectly agree with all of you. But my question is, why is it so loud. Maybe on the next meet I can see if any of yours make as loud of a click as mine. Maybe I\'m just paranoid. We\'ll see.

dinu01
07-21-2004, 08:06 PM
We\'ll check it at the next meet, but having been forced to drive automatics until now that I got the 3, they ALL do this, EXCEPT I rarely heard it. Why? B/c the radio\'s always on :)

snipe
07-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by dinu01

We\'ll check it at the next meet, but having been forced to drive automatics until now that I got the 3, they ALL do this, EXCEPT I rarely heard it. Why? B/c the radio\'s always on :)

Good point, maybe I should have mentioned that. I hear the click when the radio is off. When it\'s on, I don\'t hear it. Now I\'m starting to feel better. :)