PDA

View Full Version : TM3 Affiliation List Replies

Xenon
07-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Continued from \"Dealer Affiliations\"...

Just wanted to keep all new related posts together, on a fresh thread.

wtom
07-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

Please note that the Avante Discount is for Parts & Accessories only. Service Price is not affected by the discount.

Boo no discount on service! But no biggy, pay regular price at Avante is still better than going to get service from MM... heh heh heh...

Xenon
07-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Haha... well go to Westowne for service and buy acessories from Avante. Win-Win.

Derksen
07-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Any luck with us downtown folk? DT Mazda discounts would be kick arse.

bluntman
07-23-2004, 01:13 PM
:p

Derksen
07-23-2004, 01:34 PM
What does that symbol mean Bluntman? Are you trying to lick my arse? It kinda looks like you enjoy that type of thing with that pleasant look!

bluntman
07-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Oops, I must have pressed \"Submit Reply\" too soon. :sarc

Since you\'re downtown check with the Parts and Service Manager at Downtown Mazda and see if they\'d welcome the idea of a Car Club Discount.

Xenon
07-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Derksen

Avente Mazda has a downtown location on Yonge St. They are a part of the Avante Affiliation, giving us 17% off Parts and Accessories.

MajesticBlueNTO
07-24-2004, 04:38 AM

Originally posted by Derksen

Avente Mazda has a downtown location on Yonge St. They are a part of the Avante Affiliation, giving us 17% off Parts and Accessories.

Yonge and Steeles isn\'t exactly downtown Toronto.

Xenon
07-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Still Toronto tho... north of the 401 right?

MajesticBlueNTO
07-24-2004, 12:30 PM

Still Toronto tho... north of the 401 right?

Avante of Toronto is just south of steeles, borderline Markham. still toronto (north york) yeah but not exactly downtown toronto (which would probably be anything south of Bloor, east of Parkdale and west of the 404).

Xenon
08-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Due to the PM restrictions, I cannot contact EVERYONE on the Active Member\'s list.

Members listed below qualify to be on the list, but I cannot send a PM to. Could the following members please PM me their info in the format shown.

Last Name, First Name (ex. Wong, Lawrence)
TM3 Handle (ex. Xenon)
Car Model & Trim (ex. Mazda3 GS w/ PP, CP) *don\'t forget packages & trim!
Colour (ex. Sunset Orange Metallic)
License Plate (ex. ABCD 123)

dredd2099
FLIPSPEED
M Cube
Snipes
sw0rdfish
TM3
autoexe

***UPDATED 08/12/04 @ 6:25 PM***

Thanks! More names may be added to the list. I will create a new reply in this thread if there are.

Xenon
08-16-2004, 06:38 PM
if you name is still in the above post...

Please note that you will NOT be included on the current Active Member\'s list, and will not be eligable for Affilliation Discounts until January 2005, when the list is updated and redistributed to our affiliates.

This list will be updated and re-distributed on a Seasonal Basis, Once in January, March, June and September. Since this first copy is sent out in August, the moth of September in the cycle will be skipped for this year.

Mmm
09-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by wtom

Please note that the Avante Discount is for Parts & Accessories only. Service Price is not affected by the discount.

Boo no discount on service! But no biggy, pay regular price at Avante is still better than going to get service from MM... heh heh heh...

Will this discount apply to parts used during servicing?

FLIPDADY
09-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Mmm

Originally posted by wtom

Will this discount apply to parts used during servicing?
All parts period!!:)

Snipes
09-23-2004, 06:27 PM
I used this last night on my 8000 service and paid $71 instead of $78. I went to Avante RH and they called Avante North York, confirmed the affiliation list and I was good to go.

Xenon
09-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Avante doesn\'t have a copy of the list. They give a 17% discount on PARTS ONLY to all members.

Newlook
09-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Snipes

I used this last night on my 8000 service and paid $71 instead of $78. I went to Avante RH and they called Avante North York, confirmed the affiliation list and I was good to go.

$71? I did mine at Westowne and it\'s $56.40.
Did you do something extra?

Xenon
09-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Avante doesn\'t give doscounts on Labour and Service.... They discount parts only.

Westowne Discounts Labour, Service and Parts. You probably paid less because of the discount on Labour.

Newlook
09-24-2004, 07:57 PM
No, I only got $5 off before tax after the discount.

///M
09-26-2004, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by Newlook

Avante doesn\'t give doscounts on Labour and Service.... They discount parts only.

Westowne Discounts Labour, Service and Parts. You probably paid less because of the discount on Labour.

Labour discounts? Cool...mod installation is costly at Avante! I\'m not sure if the cost of gas to drive all the way down to Westowne is worth it though.

dredd2099
09-29-2004, 03:11 PM
next list update?

hoping a regular protege is ok as well
:hoho

Xenon
09-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Next List update is January 2005.

wtom
09-30-2004, 10:03 AM
No offense but I believe the affiliation is applicable (thru this club anyway) for Mazda3 owners only who are on this board/car-club?

Xenon
10-17-2004, 02:52 AM
OK... An update on the Affiliation List...

PLEASE READ THIS POST VERY CAREFULLY

The following members qualify for addition to the TM3 Affiliations List for the January 2005 Revision.

01AWW18T*
billyfo* -Info Recieved-
bubba1983 -Info Recieved-
civiclad*
david3
fat mike*
firstmazda -Info Recieved-
FLIPSPEED*
Grifter*
idreamofmazda*
jimdragon8*
M Cube*
MAZDA Kitten*
MazdaTree -Info Recieved-
Melenium*
midnightfxgt
Nex*
Profusion
rbart4506*
RedRaptor* -Info Recieved-
rsx_r04*
Saphress*
Scorpion6*
snipe [b]-Info Recieved-[/b
super_vixen
teambedlam -Info Recieved-
TM3
ZoomZoom Girl*

If your name has an asterisk beside it (*), that means you will qualify as soon as you attend a meet. If your name does not have an askterisk beside it, it means you entirely qualify, or you previously qualified but did not give any information. Members who feel they qualify but are not listed above are asked to send me a PM as soon as possible.

**Last chance to come to a meet before this list is revised is November 30th, 2004**

If your handle is listed above, send me a PM with your NAME (FIRST AND LAST, eg. Lawrence Wong), CAR MAKE AND MODEL (Include all packages, eg. Mazda3 GS, PP [power package],CP [convienience package]), COLOUR OF YOUR CAR (eg. Velocity Red Mica) and LICENSE PLATE NUMBER (eg. ABCD 123). This information must be submitted by November 30th, 2004, or else you will have to wait until April, when the next Affiliate List revision happens. Members failing to give information will not be added to the list and will have to wait until it\'s next revision. Members failing to provide plate information will be eligable for Accessory Dealer discounts only, and not Dealerships. When your information is recieved, -Info Recieved- will appear beside your handle in the list above.

Effective as of January 1st, 2005, minimum post count required to qualify for the Active Members List will be RAISED TO **50**. If you name is listed above, you fail to submit information by November 30th, and you have less than 50 posts and/or you have not attended 2 meets, YOUR NAME WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE AFFILIATION QUALIFICATION LIST. Submitting your information prior to November 30th will allow you to avoid the new, raised qualifications.

Members already on the list, who don\'t have 50 posts or have not attended 2 meets will remain on the list.

MajesticBlueNTO
10-18-2004, 10:52 PM

OK... An update on the Affiliation List...

PLEASE READ THIS POST VERY CAREFULLY

The following members qualify for addition to the TM3 Affiliations List for the January 2005 Revision.

Scorpion6*

If your name has an asterisk beside it (*), that means you will qualify as soon as you attend a meet. If your name does not have an askterisk beside it, it means you entirely qualify, or you previously qualified but did not give any information. Members who feel they qualify but are not listed above are asked to send me a PM as soon as possible.

doesn\'t SCORPIAN6 live in Central America?!?

**Last chance to come to a meet before this list is revised is November 30th, 2004**

Effective as of January 1st, 2005, minimum post count required to qualify for the Active Members List will be RAISED TO **75**. In addition, minimum meet attendence for qualification will be raised to **4**. If you name is listed above, you fail to submit information by November 30th, and you have less than 75 posts and/or you have not attended 4 meets, YOUR NAME WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE AFFILIATION QUALIFICATION LIST. Submitting your information prior to November 30th will allow you to avoid the new, raised qualifications.

Members already on the list, who don\'t have 75 posts or have not attended 4 meets will remain on the list.

why are people removed from the \"potential list\" if they don\'t respond by a certain date? the fact that they\'ve met the qualifications don\'t count enough?

and why has the criteria been bumped up? was this discussed and agreed with the other members of this \"club\"? or is it an arbitrary increase like 407 rates?

Xenon
10-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

doesn\'t SCORPIAN6 live in Central America?!?

Well officially he is eligable... but note he must attend a meet. I compiled the list by referencing attendence of meets to post counts. since our club is new, I am willing to make exceptions to only coming to one meet, provided you come to another TM3 Event before the next revision. In that respect I was just trying to be nice. I also looked at our member list and just selected all the members who have more than 30 posts.

SCORPIAN6 (if he came to one of our meets) would qualify to be on the list. I compiled the list above based soley on those two facts. Location wasn\'t factored in. Using those two facts SCORPIAN6 Qualifies for the list. Hence his name was listed.

why are people removed from the \"potential list\" if they don\'t respond by a certain date? the fact that they\'ve met the qualifications don\'t count enough?

Response:

Effective as of January 1st, 2005, minimum post count required to qualify for the Active Members List will be RAISED TO **75**. In addition, minimum meet attendence for qualification will be raised to **4**. If you name is listed above, you fail to submit information by November 30th, and you have less than 75 posts and/or you have not attended 4 meets, YOUR NAME WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE AFFILIATION QUALIFICATION LIST. Submitting your information prior to November 30th will allow you to avoid the new, raised qualifications.

Only members who do not meet the new qualifications AND do not reply by November 30th will be removed from the \"potential List\". As previously discussed the meet on November 30th will be the last of 2004. The new list gets published in Late December 2005. Note there are new requirements effective January 1, 2005. Someone who does not give information by November 30th and doesn\'t meet the requirements by then, cannot meet them before January 2005 since there are no more events to attend to. (ie. If they have only attended 3 meets by November 30th, there is no way they can attend a 4th official meet by January 1st since November 30th is the last meet of 2004, making them unqualified). Rules set by the Affiliation Terms and Guidlines (found in the TMe Affiliations List thread) logically makes them ineligable. Please read the post more carefully.

and why has the criteria been bumped up? was this discussed and agreed with the other members of this \"club\"? or is it an arbitrary increase like 407 rates?

Quoted directly from the TM3 Affiliation List thread:

The above criteria can and will change as the club grows
No where does it say that members will be consulted before requirements are raised. The requirements will be raised in proportion to the size of the club. Members who have made the list already with the old requirements have no worries since once you are on the list, you won\'t be taken off unlestt the member wants to be taken off. In other words a member will not be taken off the list because he does not meet new requirements. Members who want to be added to the list but do not meet the current requirements, no matter what they are, can always PM me and ask for an exception. In almost all cases, these exceptions have been granted If reasonable cause is presented.

In addition, note that this is an active member list. Requirements for the list are meant to filter out members who do not actively participate in our car club. Thusfar, we have had 5 meets. The requirements for Acive Member Status is only 2 meets, and 30 posts. Members who are currently on the list have over 100 posts. More than tripple the requirement. Some members even qualify to be on the active member list and have not even taken delivery of their car yet. These requirements are not harsh, nor will they ever be. Since our car club started we have had 6 official events, and will have 8 by the end of 2004. come to just 25% of our meets and you qualify. And I hope you don\'t mind me saying, but 30 posts is really easy to do. Many of our members average 2 or more posts per day. Browse the forums for a month and you qualify. The new requirements are to adapt for our size. when I posted the original requirements we were a mere 75 members. Now we are 250+. The current requirements are negliagable. They are too easily obtained by a \"passer-by\" to our site, which is what the active member list is supposed to avoid.

The new requirements are valid from January 2005 to April 2005. So they must be made to accomodate members upto and including April 2005.

MajesticBlueNTO
10-19-2004, 12:22 AM

Quoted directly from the TM3 Affiliation List thread:

The above criteria can and will change as the club grows
No where does it say that members will be consulted before requirements are raised. The requirements will be raised in proportion to the size of the club. Members who have made the list already with the old requirements have no worries since once you are on the list, you won\'t be taken off unlestt the member wants to be taken off. In other words a member will not be taken off the list because he does not meet new requirements.

you do realize that, with the current affiliation list, the one that is the most inquired by newbie\'s is the one that most people go to when they first get their car ... FX Auto (i.e. for tinting and clear bra).

according to the post, FX Auto is an \"Active Member Only\" affiliate...what newbie, who wants tinting on their car ASAP, will wait 4 months (1 meet per month) to get tints?! From what i hear, FX Auto will not turn away someone who doesn\'t meet the requirements (who in their right mind will turn away $250 in business because they aren\'t on a \"list\"?).

The only one who requires this list is Westowne Mazda. however, if the number of affiliates grow, then a change in criteria can be justified...

but, as it stands...the way it is now is fine...which brings me to my next point:

Members who want to be added to the list but do not meet the current requirements, no matter what they are, can always PM me and ask for an exception. In almost all cases, these exceptions have been granted If reasonable cause is presented.

then why even bother to have the criteria?

Xenon
10-19-2004, 12:29 AM

you do realize that, with the current affiliation list, the one that is the most inquired by newbie\'s is the one that most people go to when they first get their car ... FX Auto (i.e. for tinting and clear bra).

according to the post, FX Auto is an \"Active Member Only\" affiliate...what newbie, who wants tinting on their car ASAP, will wait 4 months (1 meet per month) to get tints?! From what i hear, FX Auto will not turn away someone who doesn\'t meet the requirements (who in their right mind will turn away $250 in business because they aren\'t on a \"list\"?).

The only one who requires this list is Westowne Mazda. however, if the number of affiliates grow, then a change in criteria can be justified...

FX Auto has two pricing lists... one for active members and one for people claiming to be members, but not on the list. A $40 advantage is for people on the member list, where people not on the list looking for the discount only recieve a $20 discount. That is the agreed weighting that Wayne and I discussed. So no matter what you still get a discount, How big a discount lies with whether you are on the list or not. Whether wayne honours this $20 difference is in his hands, I\'m busy enough with all the other events and promotions, I don\'t have time to make sure our list is enforced... if you are getting the full discount anyways... why are you complaining?!?

Members who want to be added to the list but do not meet the current requirements, no matter what they are, can always PM me and ask for an exception. In almost all cases, these exceptions have been granted If reasonable cause is presented.

then why even bother to have the criteria?

Exceptions are made only with REASONABLE CAUSE.... please read the post!!! it\'s clearly stated in the last line.

Xenon
10-19-2004, 12:42 AM
I don\'t know why you are doing all this complaining...

The rules are simple to follow. They are there for a reason. Where they provide impracticality (the FX Auto Case) there are alternatives in place (a smaller discount).

The Active Member List was put in place to reward our loyal members who put effort making the car club what it is today. Granted new members can be loyal, but those who meet the requirements of the list proved to have helped form the club in ways they will never realize. Thanks to those members our club has been very successful. If you are one of those members, the qualifications of the Active Member list is no way hard to achieve. Things like meet requirements are only approximately 1/2 of our meets.

We would have had 8 official events by January 2005. 4 Meets is the requirement as of January 2005. Obviously dedicated members would have attended 4 meets already. Fabian who parted with us and his 3 last month still meets the new requirements, although he hasn\'t been on our board for over 3 months.

You yourself are on the list. I don\'t see the huge problem that this is causing.

Many of your complaints are explained right in the post that you quote them from. It\'s all there on your screen. Next time, please read the posts carefully... especially if it asks you to do so in glowing yellow letters.

majic
10-19-2004, 01:07 AM
can\'t we all just get along? :D

come on *group hug again* !!!need more emoticons!!!

anyway.. i do agree with both of you.. myself.. i am eagerly waiting for my car.. and I do want to drive off the lot straight to FX auto.. but since there\'s a sort of a tier discount at FX auto it\'s somewhat justifiable.. then again.. based on this post.. it looks like a big difference

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=442

$375 vs 400*1.15=$460

so which is it?20 dollar diff or 85bux? or once again is this up to wayne? in which case that\'s a bit weird..

non affiliate member1
\"hey wayne\"
NO you pay full price

non affiliate member2
\"hi wayne\"
375 taxes in

:sarc

i\'ll worry about it when i\'m closer to delivery of the 3

MajesticBlueNTO
10-19-2004, 01:23 AM

I don\'t know why you are doing all this complaining...

The rules are simple to follow. They are there for a reason. Where they provide impracticality (the FX Auto Case) there are alternatives in place (a smaller discount).

The Active Member List was put in place to reward our loyal members who put effort making the car club what it is today. Granted new members can be loyal, but those who meet the requirements of the list proved to have helped form the club in ways they will never realize. Thanks to those members our club has been very successful. If you are one of those members, the qualifications of the Active Member list is no way hard to achieve. Things like meet requirements are only approximately 1/2 of our meets.

We would have had 8 official events by January 2005. 4 Meets is the requirement as of January 2005. Obviously dedicated members would have attended 4 meets already. Fabian who parted with us and his 3 last month still meets the new requirements, although he hasn\'t been on our board for over 3 months.

You yourself are on the list. I don\'t see the huge problem that this is causing.

Many of your complaints are explained right in the post that you quote them from. It\'s all there on your screen. Next time, please read the posts carefully... especially if it asks you to do so in glowing yellow letters.

they aren\'t complaints...they\'re questions that illicit a succint answer not continuous rambling.

last i checked, this was a public forum and if you see the questions i raise as \"complaints\", then you have to stop taking it personal.

as for raising the criteria based on the number of members, by your reasoning, if TorontoMazda3.com has 1200 members, will it then be 10 meets and 500 posts? what about member 1200, why should he/she wait 10 months to be classified as an Active Member?

i know i\'m on the list, this isn\'t about me...it\'s about the direction this club could be headed; as I have seen where \"exclusivity\" can divide a club and cause tension between those members who have privileges and those who don\'t.

if members are going to be an Active Member, and aspire to be an Active Member, it should be some common criteria as to what the MEMBERS think the club should comprise, not what Xenon thinks the club should comprise. TM3 gave you free reign to set up the events and promotions, and i commend you for taking the time to set up the affiliation list and other promotions/events ...but you are the \"Events and Promotions Co-ordinator\" not the Promotions Dictator.

p.s. i can read, thank you very much, as well as spell correctly and use proper grammar (when i feel like it) :sarc

Xenon
10-19-2004, 01:42 AM

as for raising the criteria based on the number of members, by your reasoning, if TorontoMazda3.com has 1200 members, will it then be 10 meets and 500 posts? what about member 1200, why should he/she wait 10 months to be classified as an Active Member?

The list\'s criteria, as stated before, will be based on having standards that award those who are active and those who are not. Obviously in the future there will be a cap on how high these limits go, but that is far enough in the future that we dont\' ahve to worry about it at the moment.

The criteria will be created in such a way that a member that constantly parcitipates in our club, will not need to worry about whether or not they can make the list.

For the record, it is our Affiliates who decide on what the restrictions should be. It was their idea to have the list in the first place. More specifically the dealerships. They asked me to keep the criteria \"at an acceptable level\". This is the first time the criteria has been raised, and I do not think that the new criteria in Jan 05 is out of reach for the majority of our members. Acceptable level also means that I will not allow the criteria to rise in such a way that member 1200 has to wait 10 months to get on the list.

May I also remind you that we have other official events other than monthly meets which count to the qualifications to the list, Darknights, MOM just to name a few. In any given year, there will be 20, if not more events that we will participate \"officially\". This year since it is our starting year, it was difficult to organize.

Members were invited to go to DarKnights as an official event, and I was the only one there. as many as 20 members initally wanted to go, and all of them backed out, on their own accord.

As for Exclusitivity, members who are not on the active list, probably wouldn\'t care anyways. If they did, they\'d be on the list. The criteria will be setup in such a way that if the member shows some sort of participation, they would be eligable.

RedRaptor
10-19-2004, 10:24 AM
I\'ve been on this forum since July here and took delivery on my car in Sept. In July I started off as a newbie asking newbie questions, but these past few months I believe I have contributed to this forum helping others and sharing knowledge.

I have to say, that the affliation list/member rules are isolating a lot of the newbies including myself. I do care about being on the list but your requirements such as attending at least 2 meets and \"judging\" how \"active\" we are, really makes this club more exclusive than it really should be. I have no problems socializing with others and a few members such as MajesticBlueN and Dr. Butcher have met me and they can tell you the samething.

I won\'t name any names, but other new members have contacted me personally and asked me about FX Auto and their discount prices for members. I got my Clear Bra and windows tint done at FX Auto for $375. I am not part of the \"club\". The thing that turned me off the most is the fact that I wanted to get my Clear Bra done right after getting the car and of course wanted the discount. But all I got was a simple \"you\'re not on the list so you don\'t get a discount\". As MajesticBlueN said, no one in their right mind will wait 1 month to save $50 and risk all that damage on their hood. It seemed like the \"club\" didn\'t care if I was going to pick up all that damage on my car, even if it meant helping a potential/future member in getting a good price. No money is coming out of the \"club\", so why be so anal about it?

I walked in there and just talked to Wayne. We chatted for a while about things while the car was getting done, never once did we talk about price or clubs etc, and at the end of it he gave me a discount price. Wayne is a good guy and he\'s a very fair. I have helped at least two members get window tint and clear bra done at the discount price by giving in a word about them with Wayne. Wayne is great about everything and he will NOT turn you down over $50. I have only good things to say about FX Auto.

The way this club is going, its not going to grow very fast because instead of making it easier to join, you are making it harder. The truth is, not all of us are \"car guys\" and sometimes we feel that owning a Mazda3 and signing up as a member on this forum is enough to be on the club. When you get older Xenon, you will find that your time is limited because of responsibilities like work and other commitments. When you work, all you have is the weekend and sometimes you have to do other things on Saturday. I am not saying that I am too good to come out for a meet, but I find that I have a lot of things to get done on Saturdays.

You are wrong when you assume that \"people who are not on the list, don\'t care about being the list\". That is an \"assumption\".

Xenon
10-19-2004, 11:44 AM
If this FX Auto thing is causing so much chaos, would it just be easier if I askied wayne to make the discount avaialible to all members?

On the side: I think a lot of you are missing the point on why the list exists. I didn\'t want it to exist. But it was one of the conditions that was set upon us if we were to get discounts at dealerships. Dealerships were concerned about people strolling into our site, seeing they get discounts, and claiming they are members of the club when they are not. They did now want to award a discount to non-members.

We originally agreed on, \"If the car has a decal, they get the discount\". But the decal sales have failed so badly that not many people have them on their cars. So the list was created. With the list, over 50 members are eligable to be on it. I have sold 40 decals... most people buy them in pairs. That means about 20 cars. The list benefits the members. 50 cars recieving the discount is better than 20.

The list was never about exclucitivity. It was a way of preventing passer-by\'s from getting the discount if they weren\'t a part of the club

RedRaptor
10-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Xenon,

Don\'t get me wrong, you are doing a good job at organizing and coordinating the meets and the TM3 club. I personally wouldn\'t have time to organize these things so its safe to say without a coordinator, we wouldn\'t have much of a club.

I am sure the FX Auto discount can be revised so that all newbies can get the Clear Bra at the discount price since its almost \"a must\" when your hood isn\'t damaged. Anything else like rustproofing and window tint, it can still be a members only discount. What do you think of that idea?

I understand where you are coming from in terms having a \"list\". Every shop or dealership has the right to have protection against \"people off the street\" who ask for discounts. And its your job and ours to prevent people off the street from walking in and pretending to represent us.

I am okay with the current requirements of attending 1 to 2 meets to be on the list. But the new requirements are asking too much. The post count isn\'t really a problem for most inspiring members, so I don\'t see that as an issue.

Personally, its not hard for me to make it on the list, all I need is to attend a meet, but I am just worried that these new rules will be scaring the newbies away, which is the reverse effect that you want.

I\'m probably going to attend Meet#7 in November as I am tied up for Meet#6.

Red.

majic
10-19-2004, 12:20 PM
the post thing.. it\'s kind of hard to control b/c who\'s going to say that \"your post was not informative/useless/just trolling\" well.. there are users who contribute and so far we haven\'t had too many post wh***s.. and those who post a lot usually have something interesting/informative to add to the club.. (i hope ;) )

so how about keep the 1-2 meets as a requirement.. and switch post count for decals or some apparel or something so that the club benefits at least financially?

i mean if you have a member going in to FX auto wearing a toque or 2 :D or a tshirt or u can see his or her decal / plate cover.. that shows partially that they are at least somewhat dedicated.. once again this all is subjective.. unless we implement some sort of \"point system\" (a la slash dot) you can\'t objectively state whether a member is active and a \'useful\' member..

at the same time there will be a lot of newbs (like myself) who don\'t have a car and want to scope out all info before acquiring one.. and they might be intimidated by meets and really not have too much to add if we\'re talking mods, performance or similar.

another thing to keep in mind.. i would prefer to have the list updated in more of a real time.. or at least monthly.. it\'s kind of a pain b/c i dunno how the affiliates handle it but a monthly update would mean we could get our oil changed sooner/cheaper and get parts and stuff.. just another suggestion

MajesticBlueNTO
10-19-2004, 12:29 PM

On the side: I think a lot of you are missing the point on why the list exists. I didn\'t want it to exist. But it was one of the conditions that was set upon us if we were to get discounts at dealerships. Dealerships were concerned about people strolling into our site, seeing they get discounts, and claiming they are members of the club when they are not. They did now want to award a discount to non-members.

The list was never about exclucitivity. It was a way of preventing passer-by\'s from getting the discount if they weren\'t a part of the club

The only dealership that seems to require this active member list is Westowne. Flipspeed/Joe at Avante Toronto will give the parts discount to any member of the club.

If Westowne has a requirement for this list, you could make the Active Member discounts tiered.

bluntman
10-19-2004, 12:51 PM
What about a nominal membership fee of no more than $20? This way Lawrence can re-coop some of the money he\'s out due to the club activities and we can also pay for the upkeep of this site?

firstmazda
10-19-2004, 01:25 PM
I wouldn\'t mind a mere $20.
especially if it helps out Lawrence, and the club.
Besides that $20 is made back two-fold if you get something like the clear bra done

Ray

MajesticBlueNTO
10-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

What about a nominal membership fee of no more than $20? This way Lawrence can re-coop some of the money he\'s out due to the club activities and we can also pay for the upkeep of this site?

bluntman, i had suggested a fee to get on the Active Member list a while back and Lawrence was opposed to the idea since he didn\'t want people to \"buy their way in\".

bluntman
10-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Hmm, it sure beats sleeping your way in. Honestly, with such a large membership I think it would be the easiest way to keep track of things.

MajesticBlueNTO
10-19-2004, 01:57 PM

Hmm, it sure beats sleeping your way in. Honestly, with such a large membership I think it would be the easiest way to keep track of things.

exactly my point from the beginning...and it allows those who can\'t make it to meets to have an equal chance to reap the benefits.

Dr Butcher
10-19-2004, 02:03 PM

Hmm, it sure beats sleeping your way in.

Wait, you guys told me this was a requirement. I feel so dirty. ;)

majic
10-19-2004, 02:28 PM

exactly my point from the beginning...and it allows those who can\'t make it to meets to have an equal chance to reap the benefits.

well maybe we could have it EITHER OR.. so that newbies can get a hold of the deals right away and the vets ;) don\'t suffer from already being in.. i dunno.. i think we need some more democracy.. how about a vote?

bluntman
10-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Hmm, it sure beats sleeping your way in.

Wait, you guys told me this was a requirement. I feel so dirty. ;)

That\'s OK, we won\'t hold that against you since you do own a TiG! ;)

bluntman
10-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Ba-da, pa, pa, pa...I\'m luvin it

http://homepage.mac.com/limefrog/threaddirection.gif

Xenon
10-19-2004, 04:07 PM
This will be my last post about this topic, at least for the next few days.

My last ditch effort to make a compromise.

Hows this:
List requirements goes to 2 meets and 50 Posts on January 1st, if you would like to take advantage of an Active Member Discount, and you are not on the list, a $20 donation can be accepted instead of waiting for 50 posts and 2 meets. so a Donation of $20 by passes all requirements to get on the list. That way, if people are not in a rush, they can hold on to their $20 and be an active member of our club and get on the list. OR, if they would like immediate access to the benefits of the list, a $20 donation will grant it to them.

majic
10-19-2004, 06:53 PM

Ba-da, pa, pa, pa...I\'m luvin it

http://homepage.mac.com/limefrog/threaddirection.gif

LMAO!!! omg.. u forgot the 2 arches ;)

r they paying you to design signs? they should :p hahaha.. toooo funny!!!

majic
10-19-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

if we have to pay....i\'m pulling out, and having nothing to do with TM3.....

i meant at work ...

and wow u jump to conclusions pretty quickly .. he did say it was a slow day at work..

Xenon
10-19-2004, 11:49 PM
where did that quote come from?

firstmazda
10-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Xenon: Did you receive my info?

Thanks
Ray

Xenon
10-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by majic

the post thing.. it\'s kind of hard to control b/c who\'s going to say that \"your post was not informative/useless/just trolling\" well.. there are users who contribute and so far we haven\'t had too many post wh***s.. and those who post a lot usually have something interesting/informative to add to the club.. (i hope ;) )

so how about keep the 1-2 meets as a requirement.. and switch post count for decals or some apparel or something so that the club benefits at least financially?

i mean if you have a member going in to FX auto wearing a toque or 2 :D or a tshirt or u can see his or her decal / plate cover.. that shows partially that they are at least somewhat dedicated.. once again this all is subjective.. unless we implement some sort of \"point system\" (a la slash dot) you can\'t objectively state whether a member is active and a \'useful\' member..

at the same time there will be a lot of newbs (like myself) who don\'t have a car and want to scope out all info before acquiring one.. and they might be intimidated by meets and really not have too much to add if we\'re talking mods, performance or similar.

another thing to keep in mind.. i would prefer to have the list updated in more of a real time.. or at least monthly.. it\'s kind of a pain b/c i dunno how the affiliates handle it but a monthly update would mean we could get our oil changed sooner/cheaper and get parts and stuff.. just another suggestion

I failed to read majic\'s post.... That\'s also a good idea, about minimum 2 meet count and say (in the air number) $15 worth of TM3 Merchandise.... a touque or couple of decals and a T-shirt (when they come out).

Xenon
10-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by firstmazda

Xenon: Did you receive my info?

Thanks
Ray

Yes I did, and I have updated the list in the second page of this thread. -Info Recieved- Now appears beside your name :)

Xenon
10-19-2004, 11:56 PM

if we have to pay....i\'m pulling out, and having nothing to do with TM3.....

i meant at work ...

and wow u jump to conclusions pretty quickly .. he did say it was a slow day at work..

Where was this quote from bubba extracted from?

firstmazda
10-19-2004, 11:58 PM
THANKS!!
can\'t wait till new years!!

Ray

bubba1983
10-20-2004, 03:27 AM
i havn\'t no clue where that came from? its even news to me?!?!? *confused look*

majic
10-20-2004, 09:01 AM

i havn\'t no clue where that came from? its even news to me?!?!? *confused look*

whatever man.. u deleted your post..

why do u think i would falsely quote you??? :sarc

mEtH
10-20-2004, 01:26 PM

I LIKE POOP!!!!!! YAHHHHHH....mmmmmmm...pooop....awghhhhh

Xenon
10-20-2004, 01:50 PM
HAHAHAHA http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

bubba1983
10-20-2004, 04:27 PM
poop? mmmm

majic
10-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

I LIKE POOP!!!!!! YAHHHHHH....mmmmmmm...pooop....awghhhhh

dude.. WTF is this????

i never wrote it.. and the above that i quoted bubba1983 did.. so i dunno what your problem is..

bubba1983
10-21-2004, 08:07 AM
i have no problem there Sir....

Xenon
10-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Ahem... back on track people please

RedRaptor
10-21-2004, 11:47 PM
So what is the final word on attending meets? I am sure I will be able to attend either Meet #6 or Meet #7, but I don\'t know about both. Will I qualify for the Members List if I attend either Meet #6 or Meet #7?

Xenon
10-22-2004, 12:08 AM
To be generous, although officially you have to attend two meets, If you have satisfied the post requirements, I will put you on the list after you have attended one meet only.

Think of it as a welcoming Bonus :)

RedRaptor
10-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks.

It is still possible that I can make both meets, but just incase I can\'t, I didn\'t want to be caught with the new rules coming into effect in Jan 2005. See you guys at meet 6 or meet 7 then.

Melenium
11-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Good news everyone (I watch way too much Futurama, but thats another story... ;) )...
I just spoke with Scarboro Mazda and they\'re offering a 20% parts and accessories discount to club members! Enjoy!

Hey Xenon, what are the chances of me getting on that active members list so that I can get the AutoFx discount & snow tires? :D I wasn\'t able to make the last meet since public transit from T-hill is craptastic at best and I just got the car this week. Lemme know via PM or email. Thanks!

///M
11-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Melenium

Good news everyone (I watch way too much Futurama, but thats another story... ;) )...
I just spoke with Scarboro Mazda and they\'re offering a 20% parts and accessories discount to club members! Enjoy!

wow...20%!! I guess I found a new place to order parts from!
(don\'t worry Joe...I\'ll still drop by Avante once in a while...mmmkay? :p)

zRqTz
12-11-2004, 01:54 AM
For the record, it is our Affiliates who decide on what the restrictions should be. It was their idea to have the list in the first place. More specifically the dealerships. They asked me to keep the criteria \"at an acceptable level\".

1. Maybe it\'s a good idea to find out from the dealerships how many approximately is \"acceptable\". Maybe they think 200 members is acceptable and you only have, i don\'t know.. maybe 50(?) active members. The clearer the requirements are, the better your decisions would be.

2. Since only the dealership want this enforced, then maybe you can set easier qualifications for the other discounts. Somebody mentioned about a tiered membership --- sounds like a good idea to me! (I\'m one of those planning to get a tint as soon as I get my car!) :D

3. Please realize that there are some people who would really find it hard to attend meets. Think about those that are married and have kids. Think about those that work on weekends. How about those that work 12-hour rotating shifts whose chances of having the last saturday of the month free is really, really slim?

Please bear in mind what you have on the homepage:
\"Mission
Our Mission is to gather Mazda3 owners and enthusiasts in the Greater Toronto Area to provide each other with advice, knowledge and ideas. TorontoMazda3.com will also act as an excellent resource of insight for prospective Mazda3 buyers.\"

I don\'t think you have to go to a meet to do ANY of those. That\'s what this forum is for.

I am very much interested in attending one of the meets. But having to do that as a requirement doesn\'t sound right to me. But then again.... maybe that\'s just me.

And finally.... PEACE! :D

BETRTHNU
12-24-2004, 07:25 PM

To be generous, although officially you have to attend two meets, If you have satisfied the post requirements, I will put you on the list after you have attended one meet only.

Think of it as a welcoming Bonus :)

I have 87 posts...well now 88, and attended the last meet at kennedy commons...I was going to grab some stuff over the winter to throw on the car in the spring...but if I must wait for a discount...then i\'ll wait...

Hanif
02-04-2005, 09:54 AM
hmmm...i just joined the club a few days ago and i think i\'m up to 5 posts......maybe 6 :p ......these meets you speak of....do they occur all year round or just during the summer.....cuz if it\'s just during the summer......then this summer will be hard for me since i go back to school in may for my spring term (may-aug..coop at waterloo)...

anyways....i just picked up my car about a week ago....and am planning on getting stuff done at FX Auto (llumar bra, tint, maybe rustproofing)......this \'discount list\' is a good idea.....although it\'ll be a while before i attend any meets...

quick question:.....how much of a discount does FX provide for people on the list???...i mean, is it worth the wait......cuz i really don\'t want to wait a long time to put the llumar bra on...

bubba1983
02-05-2005, 04:01 PM
u gonna be livin in the tri-cities? or doing the commute?
im from kitchener, if ya wanted, look me up in the contact info thread, send a message my way if you needed any help with the car, see whut i can do...

Hanif
02-06-2005, 09:15 PM
yeah i\'m gonna be living there.....in rez.......just me and my baby (my 3) :p ....and a friend of mine...lol.......commuting an hour one-way....every day...doesn\'t really appeal to me very much....

Xenon
02-06-2005, 11:04 PM
There will be a lot of changes happening in the spring.... Many of our affiliates will no longer require the active-member status.

Fx Auto and MAYBE Westowne to name a few. It will be handy to be on the list tho, as some affiliates may offer better (larger discounted) pricing to active members versus those that signed on more recently.

Xenon
02-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Just wanted to mention, Tires23 is now an official affiliate.

majic
02-24-2005, 01:02 PM

Just wanted to mention, Tires23 is now an official affiliate.
nice..

Tires23, what kind of a deal can you get us on 0w20 mobil1 oil? :D

FLIPDADY
03-31-2005, 12:57 PM
As soon as I get settled at Toronto I\'ll work on a discount for the club.

FLIPDADY
04-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Okay here\'s the discount we have set for TM3 club.

20% on all parts and accessories
10% on labour except on specials

Mazda of Toronto
6167 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON
M2M 3X2

Dealer Contacts:
Dave Smith (Parts Manager)
Joe Montano (Assistant Parts Manager)

FLIPDADY
05-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey Xenon, update the affiliation list! There is no more Avante of Toronto. You\'ll have to contact Avante of York region to see if the TM3 discount still applies b/c they have new management.

Add Mazda of Toronto to the list too. Details of the club discount and contact info are mentioned in the previous post.

FLIPDADY
05-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Where is Xenon?

Xenon
05-27-2005, 04:40 PM
I\'m here... sorry... I\'ve been really busy lately....

I\'ll get everything updated soon. Work is killing me :(

FLIPDADY
06-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey Lawrence you have to edit the affiliation list again. Raymond Kwan works for Avante Mazda not Mazda of Toronto.

TheProfessor
06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Don\'t you have the ability to change that now that you are a mod?

FLIPDADY
06-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Never mind figured it out. Fixed and closed.

Xenon
08-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Attention All Members

I regret to inform the community of Toronto Mazda3 that Scarboro Mazda is no longer an affiliate of this car club. Due to lack of acknowledgement of our members and unethical actions that have occurred in recent Toronto Mazda3 Events, Scarboro Mazda\'s affiliate status has been removed froum our car club.

This change has the following impacts:
- Scarboro Mazda is no longer listed in the Affiliate listing found in this Subcategory of the Forum
- The Toronto Mazda3 Club Discount is no longer valid at Scarboro Mazda
- Scarboro Mazda will be excluded from our list of potential sponsors for events
- Invitations to events hosted by Scarboro Mazda will no longer be publicized on the forum if recieved, nor will any of their events be considered an official Toronto Mazda3 Event.

If you are impacted by this directly, or indirectly and would like more information, please email events-promo@torontomazda3.com.