PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to program an extra keyfob?

miggiddy
07-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey guys/gals

I was wondering if any of yous know how to program an extra keyfob? Can\'t get to M3F to check there right now. Thanks

fat mike
07-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Programming Transponder Keys

Items needed:
1. 2 pre-programmed transponder keys.
2. 1 new transponder key

The timing is critical to this procedure, please read through the entire procedure before attempting.
Procedure:
1. Insert one of the pre-programmed transponder keys and turn the ignition to \"on\", leave on for at least one second (I wait until the red key symbol in the instrument cluster extiinguishes), remove the key from the ignition.
2. Within 5 seconds insert the second pre-programmed key and urn the ignition to \"on\" for at least one second but no more than 5 seconds (use the key symbol for this as well) then remove the second key.
3. within 10 seconds insert the new key in the ignition and turn the ignition to \"on\", if you are successful the red key symbol will illuminate then extinguish after about a second.

If you are not successful the red key symbol will flash repeatedly to indicate that you have inserted an invalid key. Remove the key, wait a minute and try it again, it took me a few times to get it perfect and I had done it before.

Programming Key Fobs

Yes, this does work and I actually used it to program a 3rd remote for my Mazda3i (with power door locks). Cool

Step 1: Open driver side door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn Key to ON position and return to Lock (off) position. Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. LEAVE key in the ignition in Lock (off) position.

Step 5: Close and open the drivers door 3 times. Leave door open after this step

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors once.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Additional remotes, repeat Step 7 for up to 3 remotes total.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series (about 4) of door locks and unlocks. You\'re done!

Hope that helps!

-Mike

miggiddy
07-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks Mike
I hope I don\'t get burned and none work after that.

FLIPDADY
07-23-2004, 04:35 PM
That\'s exactly how you do the programming. The most important part of those steps is the two pre-programmed transponder keys. If you only try it with one pre-programmed key you\'ll be towing your 3 to the nearest Mazda dealership.