PDA

View Full Version : Best Mazda Service Department

bDeE
07-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Which mazda dealer in toronto do you think provides the best service?

More specificaly, who wont give you a hassle when you ask to get your fuel pump and brake pads/rotors fixed??

Any dealer recomendations? I just got a few scratches fixed on my mazda 3, so now its time to get those rear brake pads looked at, and the fuel pump too :D

I bought my 3 at Gyro, but I dont plan on taking my 3 there if theres a better dealer to get service done at.

Any help would be appreciated!

bluntman
07-24-2004, 10:23 AM
I bought my car from Avante Mazda (North York) after reading the comments people have left on various Mazda 3 boards. To my surprise, the sales staff went above and beyond my already high expectations. On the few times that I\'ve taken my car in for service (CEL, brake caliper mount fix, parts installation) I was equally impressed by their parts and service staff, both front counter and their technicians. They don\'t give any BS, if a customer knows of a TSB that they weren\'t aware of at the time, take in a printout of it and they\'ll gladly look into it.

This past spring my dad\'s car\'s driver\'s side airbag light lit up, he took it Avante Mazda to have it checked out. They insisted on giving him a free rental car after telling him that they\'d rather have him in a rental than driving around in a potentially unsafe vehicle (think lawsuits had the airbag not deployed in the event of a collision). The replacement part took over a month to arrive from Japan, but the rental was free of charge. Some dealerships, especially in the US, won\'t go to that extreme and simply tell the customer that it is safe to drive until the replacement part comes in.

I\'m sure the Richmond Hill location has staff that is just as good as their North York counterparts, but what\'s really nice about the Richmond Hill showroom is that their service bays (IIRC) are separated from the showroom by glass so you can see the techs working on your car!

bDeE
07-24-2004, 10:27 AM
do you think theyll give you less service if they know that you didnt buy your car from them??

hehe...i know its gay, but hey, anything is possible.

bluntman
07-24-2004, 10:29 AM
No, they don\'t care who you bought your car from, a Mazda is a Mazda. It\'s more revenue for the dealership. If Mazda Canada hears several complaints about the service a customer received from a dealership, they will get involved.

billyfo
07-24-2004, 11:22 AM
ture, I think dealer will make more $ to service cars than selling them.

Xenon
07-25-2004, 02:35 PM
I take my car to Westowne, so fat they have treated me well.

But maybe because they always see me with the Asst. Gen. Manager of the dealership, so they know I know someone up top. :p

billyfo
07-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Today, I went to RH Avante for 1st service and reprogrammed the airbag light, it took me 2 hrs in total. They said it took 45mins for oil change, but I don\'t think it took another 1:15 to program the light. I appointed 7:30am hope to have a may be faster services, but then no and I\'m lated for work. Should I complain, although I really don\'t mind, cause many dealers now offer free oil change if they miss the time target, it charged me this time. Anyone have this experience with them?

dinu01
07-27-2004, 07:11 PM
I booked an appt w/Avante Toronto 2 weeks ago and showed up and they told me they can\'t take my car in for 1.5-2.0 hrs sicne the prev customer took longer than expected. I was pissed!!! I drove from Morningside to get there!!!

I went last week (the new appt I set) and that was quick and easy.

It was for an oil change on our flawless 82.000kms 2001 Protege :)

civiclad
08-04-2004, 12:59 PM
I have only had experience dealing with Morningside Mazda and thir service leaves much to be desired.
First, it appears that the service manager has to question you on every complaint. Second, they royally screwed up my brake rotors and claimed it was natural. After every service my steering wheel and gear stick feels all sticky from their mechanic greasy hands.

I will visit Avante for my first oil change, hopefully their service is better.

Soulcrusher
08-07-2004, 09:34 PM
My first oil change will be coming up soon, too. I plan to go to Avante. Since there are two Avante\'s, is there a preference for one or the other?

///M
08-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Avante, Prima and Downtown are good

Snipes
08-09-2004, 07:00 AM
After having my car for an hour I got a rock chip on my hood. I went back to Avante (RH) and asked for some touch up paint and to my surprise the bottle of touch up paint was FREE. I\'m use to paying like $6 or $7 for touch up paint from the dealer but not at Avante. I think all my service will be done there as they seem very reliable and that\'s where I bought my car. Furthermore, their shop has glass windows instead of brick walls so you can watch and inspect everything that is being done to your car. That means they really stand behind the work they do if they are willing to show you everything they do to it.

Soulcrusher
08-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Sounds good to me ... Richmond Hill it\'ll be. You\'re lucky you got a free touch-up paint. I had to pay for mine.

///M
08-10-2004, 07:25 PM
I got free touch up paint from Avante too...got a bottle of RX-7 red to touch up my springs before installation (they got slightly scratched during shipping). Did I mention it was free? Avante is great.

Back at Prima...I had to pay $6 for a bottle of 29Y for my Titanium Grey.

Lonte
03-12-2005, 03:52 PM
I\'ve been to Prima Mazda in Woodbridge and I must say it was the worst..I find that Miss. mazda was very good.

Saphress
03-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Avante.... Avante... Avante!!! Cannot promote these guys anymore than I have!!! :P

Anyway.... Morningside sucks monkey balls, staff are all creeps
Ajax.... is OK....

I\'d say... overall... AVANTE... AVANTE AVANTE!!!!

TheProfessor
03-17-2005, 08:09 AM
I gotta say, I\'m pretty pissed that the Yonge & Steeles location is closing. That was already a bit of a drive for me, and now I just don\'t think I can afford the time to go to the RH location. I have two other dealerships that are only five minutes away from my place. I wonder if/how many customers feel the same way I do and will take their business elsewhere as a result of this move?

majic
03-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

I gotta say, I\'m pretty pissed that the Yonge & Steeles location is closing. That was already a bit of a drive for me, and now I just don\'t think I can afford the time to go to the RH location. I have two other dealerships that are only five minutes away from my place. I wonder if/how many customers feel the same way I do and will take their business elsewhere as a result of this move?

well for me, it\'s a treck no matter which one i go to (i live in oakville).. but i agree..

though a dealership should only be used to buy the car and do major service :) since oil changes have gotten expensive and you can get tires rotated at the next door oil/lube place or DIY

mazda3ride
03-18-2005, 07:23 AM
I have only been to Avante Mazda Richmond Hill, so I would have t say Avante Mazda Richmond Hill.

Martian
12-14-2005, 08:57 PM
+1 for RH Avante - just got my free bottle of touch up paint there for my new-used M3 :D

malam
12-18-2005, 12:49 PM
A friend at the office with a Mazda6 told me he has been trying to resolve an electrical problem with his driver\'s side mirror - all electricals on the mirrors doesn\'t work. He lives in the Brampton area but will drive to any recommended dealersship in the GTA. I suspect the Mazda 6 and Mazda3 exterior mirrows might be the same. Any recommendations please ?
Thanks.

majic
12-18-2005, 03:44 PM
ok so you posted in this thread.. so i assume you at least READ what people wrote (recommended).. so why don\'t you take the suggestions and umm.. just TAKE it.. :zzz

malam
12-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks Majic - maybe I missed it, there have not been any specific dealer recommended for electrical problems - general repairs yes.

majic
12-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by malam

Thanks Majic - maybe I missed it, there have not been any specific dealer recommended for electrical problems - general repairs yes.

in general (and you\'re right.. this would mainly be TSB or just friendly 8K interval service) the dealers mentioned (alphabetically: Avante, DWM, MoT) have been good to the majority of us here.. of course there will be a sour grape here and there but MAJORITY of the customers walk away HAPPY with their vehicles repaired :)

happy holidays ;)

SABIO
12-19-2005, 04:37 AM
Stay away from dave wood Mazda

FLIPDADY
12-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

Stay away from dave wood Mazda
Wah happened??

malam
12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I had a taste of the Avante treatment this afternoon. I had an appointment to have my first oil change and also to reprogramme the trip computer. I was expecting to hang around for about two hours. The check-in was flawless - Jeff came by to say hello too. It took just an hour and a wee bit and I left there - a very satisfied customer.

I drove from Pickering just to see what all the hulla balloo was about Avante. How can so many people talk so boldly positive about one dealership ? For me and my car, Avante did not do anything special. They just did was was expeted from a dealership - SERVICE !. And that my friends is hard to find these days.

Well, keep up the good works Avante!

zRqTz
01-09-2006, 11:02 AM
My first 2 visits to Westowne Mazda was OK.
But my last visit was exactly it --- my LAST visit.

I had an appointment for 3:30. I got off work early just to make it.
And when I got there they told me that the last cars they serviced took longer than expected and that they couldn\'t service me anymore that day.

Least they could do was call me ahead of time and tell me they need to cancel my appointment. But they didn\'t.

zRqTz
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Just an update... not that anybody cares.. :D

I sent an email to Mazda Canada regarding my experience with the dealership.
After a few days I got a call from them advising me that they have forwarded my concerns to the service management personnel at Westowne.

Then I got a phone call from Frank at Westowne. Really nice guy.
He apologized and advised me that my next big service (48K) will be free of charge!
He also mentioned that the guy I spoke with that day is no longer with them.

I guess I will be coming back afterall...

pepsi
01-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey all, im new to the board but i have followed it for a long time, and the one thing ive noticed is how alot of the guys have cut up morningside location. Ive had my 3 for 13 months now. I purchased it, and have it serviced at morningside.The sales staff was fair and the same for service. The guy who sold me the car has never forgot my name and always approaches me when i go in!! Now its Aigincourt and wow what a beauty of a location. Until i have a problem im sticking with them. Just my two cents. :D

awhoy
01-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Went to Avante for my 16K service last week, what a difference compared to Morningside, the service advisors there actually cared about some of the issues I have with my car. Jose was my service advisor and was a very nice guy. He noted all my problems and had the technician looked into every single one of them. I even had a chance to meet THE BIZ (great guy), he gave me a bunch of his business cards to pass around.

In addition to the oil change I had the following warranty work done
- replaced front pads ( no more break squeal in the mornings)
- replaced passenger window motor
- Software reflash, shifting from first to second is much smoother in the morning
- replaced glove box, no more glove box rattling but there are some other squeaks, I will have have to isolate where they are coming from.
- diagnosis for poor gas milage, according to the techician everything was within spec. Just filed up today 47.254L and the milage was 397.2KM with 50/50 highway/city driving. I guess I am going have to accept the crappy milage for this car.

I had to leave the car at Avante overnight because of all the work. Jose took the time to called me a few times to give me update on the status of the work. He even called me when he found out they accidentally scratched my tint when replacing the window motor and Avante will pay me after I get the window re-tinted. For all the work it cost me $32 and change including a free car wash which I did not expect.

SABIO
01-17-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by awhoy

- diagnosis for poor gas milage, according to the techician everything was within spec. Just filed up today 47.254L and the milage was 397.2KM with 50/50 highway/city driving. I guess I am going have to accept the crappy milage for this car.

At least they actually did something for you!!! I was stone walled by the idiots @ DWM. Even though I mentioned the poor milage a few times over 1.5 years. They refused to anything for me, not even plug in a scan tool... nothing... nada.. zippo. LOSERS.

burm
03-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Lonte

I\'ve been to Prima Mazda in Woodbridge and I must say it was the worst..I find that Miss. mazda was very good.

Anyone else have anything to say about Prima Mazda, good or bad? I am looking at a car there.