PDA

View Full Version : automatic car washes in a lowered car

///M
07-29-2004, 01:02 PM
anyone know if it\'ll scrape? my 3\'s lowered about 1.5 inches or so on AutoExe low down springs...and are there any touchless washes without guide rails?

before anyone asks...I prefer washing by hand but sometimes I don\'t have the time to hand wash, and in winter it\'s a pain too

FLIPDADY
07-29-2004, 01:18 PM
You shouldn\'t have any problems C. My Civic was dropped 2 1/2\" on all 4 corners and I was just barely clearing the rails. With a new ride like yours though I would go to a coin-op and hand wash it.

A good one is just at Yonge/Steeles at the Esso station. I use to take my car there in winter b/c it\'s indoors. They even allow you to wash your engine there.

dredd2099
07-29-2004, 04:20 PM
touchless, railless car washes available

MajesticBlueNTO
07-29-2004, 04:45 PM
depends on where you live, but around me at Thornhill Woods Drive and hwy7 there\'s an Esso with a drive-in touchless. there are no rails for you to drive over. same with the Sunoco at Thornhill Woods Dr. and Rutherford.

those are the ones i frequently visit when i can\'t handwash it.

Xenon
07-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Hand wash the car :p

Nex
08-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

anyone know if it\'ll scrape? my 3\'s lowered about 1.5 inches or so on AutoExe low down springs...and are there any touchless washes without guide rails?

before anyone asks...I prefer washing by hand but sometimes I don\'t have the time to hand wash, and in winter it\'s a pain too

It\'s not so much the drop that you should be afraid of scraping the bottom. You should watch out for your rims. Rails + rims = huge scratches.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-02-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Nex

Originally posted by autoexe

It\'s not so much the drop that you should be afraid of scraping the bottom. You should watch out for your rims. Rails + rims = huge scratches.

there was someone on Flow935 that was talking about how they took their car with $$ rims into a touchless wash with rails. the rails scratched the $hit out of the rims and he was left with thousands in damage.

idreamofmazda
08-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Only use Touchless Carwashes. I heard of someone taking his car through an automatic carwash, just after an utility truck, which was covered in mud and stones. The stones were still in the brushes when his car went through, which made some very bad scratches in the sides of his car. He was screwed.