PDA

View Full Version : Changing Side Markers

Snipes
08-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Has anybody considered changing the colour of the side markers. Currently the plastic is clear but the bulbs are orange. Anybody know that bulb number and if so then I think my first mod will be to change that bulb to blue to match the colour of my car.

miggiddy
08-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Is that legal? I thought they had to be orange. Altho, not sure if there is any by law for it.

Newlook
08-03-2004, 10:16 AM
I think the side marker is a whole module and you have to replace the whole thing... not just the blub?

fat mike
08-03-2004, 11:01 AM
yup they have to be orange/amber states it right in the Highway Traffic Act

MajesticBlueNTO
08-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Snipes

Has anybody considered changing the colour of the side markers. Currently the plastic is clear but the bulbs are orange. Anybody know that bulb number and if so then I think my first mod will be to change that bulb to blue to match the colour of my car.

not sure where you live, but if you live in york or peel region, be prepared to be pulled over. flashing blue lights are reserved for the road construction/maintenance vehicles.

EDIT: in other regions you might get pulled over, it\'s just that york and peel seem to be the worse for \"sport compact\" cars.

Snipes
08-03-2004, 11:18 AM
mmmm, that\'s good to know. I live in York Region and will have to find out the criteria on this. My \"to be\" bro in law is going through for a cop and he should know. I\'ll look into it and get back to you. I\'ve seen many other cars with the blue side markers or maybe they were just white instead of orange.

FLIPDADY
08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Just keep the amber ones in, don\'t go rice and change them to the super white ones. If you do decide to replace them I believe the bulb is a 194A peanut.

Xenon
08-03-2004, 09:30 PM
for a side signal, any other colour other than white (white bulb... hyperwhites excluded) or yellow/amber are illegal.

Hyperwhite bulbs are blue, granted they emit a white light, but the bulb is blue. That makes them illegal.

If you buy replacement bulbs, make sure they say \"Safe for Street Use\" or something similar. \"Track use only\" or \"Off Road Use Only\" or something similar are not legal.