PDA

View Full Version : Missing 2.3 badges?

swoosh915
08-04-2004, 03:13 AM
I recently got my fully loaded titanium gray Mazda3 GT Sedan w/ GFX package and all but it seems to be missing the 2.3 badge on both sides. :( Ive seen a few 3\'s hanging around my area in markham having the same problem. Anyone know if theyre suppose to come along with the 2.3L 3\'s and how or where i can get em? thx
:D

civiclad
08-04-2004, 07:47 AM
Your dealer will install the 2.3 badges just let them know that your\'s is missing.

bluntman
08-04-2004, 09:58 AM
They will usually install them upon your first visit to the dealership for service, but sometimes they can also give them to you \"over the counter\" and then you can install them yourself. The emblems come with a template that you align with either the door or the body side molding. My emblems are still in their packaging.

swoosh915
08-04-2004, 01:15 PM
Alright nice. Now I can\'t wait for an oil change then. :p

fat mike
08-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Yeah my car came wiht them and I took them off lol :p

MajesticBlueNTO
08-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by fat mike

Yeah my car came wiht them and I took them off lol :p

i also think my car looks better without the 2.3 badges. mine didn\'t come with them and if the service dept were to put it on without asking me, i\'d tell them to take it off.

Xenon
08-04-2004, 07:29 PM
I guess I\'m an oddball... I like the 2.3 badging. It fills the empty space on the door.

Plus, ever since I saw the pics of the Mazda3 in the brochure, I noticed the 2.3\'s... then when my car came without them... I thought I got jipped.

But I have them and they are there to stay :) It\'s personal preferance really. If you like a clean looking car, then don\'t put it.

I don\'t want my car looking cluttered, but Any badges that SHOULD come with the car I\'m more than happy to put on. I won\'t be adding a GT or Axela Badge anywhere on the car.

Newlook
08-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

I don\'t want my car looking cluttered, but Any badges that SHOULD come with the car I\'m more than happy to put on. I won\'t be adding a GT or Axela Badge anywhere on the car.

I like them on my doors as well.

Is there a GT badge around?

Xenon
08-04-2004, 09:23 PM
No.... I did see a 3 with a GT badge stolen from Pontiac I think.

The funny thing is it wasn\'t a GT... it was a GX... Wheel covers, no side moulding and no GT bumpers/tailights. He did have aftermarket fogs and a noisy crappy exhaust... guess that makes it a GT in his world.

Newlook
08-04-2004, 11:36 PM

The funny thing is it wasn\'t a GT... it was a GX... Wheel covers, no side moulding and no GT bumpers/tailights. He did have aftermarket fogs and a noisy crappy exhaust... guess that makes it a GT in his world.

Makes it a Pontiac GT :D

fat mike
08-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Makes it a Pontiac GT :D

HOw about a \"Type-R\" Badge? :p

MajesticBlueNTO
09-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

i also think my car looks better without the 2.3 badges. mine didn\'t come with them and if the service dept were to put it on without asking me, i\'d tell them to take it off.

ok, i\'m eating my words...

the service dept at avante did put the 2.3 badges on my car at the last service (free of charge, said it was mandated by Mazda Canada to put the missing badges on) but i didn\'t tell them to take it off...instead, i did it myself.

reason being...i\'m happy with the service at Avante Toronto and i want to keep that good rapport with them....rather than being an ******* about the situation and demanding that they take it off, i figured that i\'d do it myself (relatively easy).

doing it myself will ensure that the tech who did it wouldn\'t become disgruntled that he/she now has to take it off and scratch the car on purpose (not saying that they would, but i have \"careless\" thoughts when i have to remove/backtrack the work that i\'ve done and i\'m sure other have also) :)

cliff\'s notes: the 2.3 badges were put on my car free of charge, but i ended up taking them off

majic
09-23-2004, 01:28 PM

the service dept at avante did put the 2.3 badges on my car at the last service (free of charge, said it was mandated by Mazda Canada to put the missing badges on) but i didn\'t tell them to take it off...instead, i did it myself.

why would it be mandated??? so is it like the LAW?

cliff\'s notes: the 2.3 badges were put on my car free of charge, but i ended up taking them off

LOL.. :D cliff\'s notes.. shaum\'s notes were really useful in skule(tm) ;)

RedRaptor
09-23-2004, 01:49 PM
I actually prefer the 2.3 badges off my car eventhough it came with it. Its much more cleaner that way.

I\'ll take it off later when a Mazda3 comes with a 3.0 V6 engine to hide the fact that I have a 2.3 I4.

Skule(TM)...haha...good times...good times...

MajesticBlueNTO
09-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by majic

why would it be mandated??? so is it like the LAW?

not sure...i\'m just reiterating what i was told

Originally posted by majic

LOL.. :D cliff\'s notes.. shaum\'s notes were really useful in skule(tm) ;)

for me, it was more like \"Copywell Notes\" :D

majic
09-23-2004, 03:42 PM
lol.. copywell rox..

me: hey got the book for course X?
them: come back after 5 ;)

lol.. :D

*ERTW* is right!

billyfo
09-23-2004, 06:28 PM
when did you service your car?

I did it on Aug in Avante RH, but they didn\'t give me the badge.

MajesticBlueNTO
09-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

when did you service your car?

I did it on Aug in Avante RH, but they didn\'t give me the badge.

last week friday (sept 17) at Avante Toronto

thegrez
10-30-2004, 03:48 PM
My Car didn\'t come with them, but when i went in for my first they offered to install them for me(mountain Mazda,Hamilton)I asked if they would just put them the glove box fer me so I could install them myself and they were fine with that....I didn\'t want to put mine on the doors so i put one on the back opposite the Mazda3 label and installed one in the front grill

majic
10-30-2004, 10:47 PM
that looks pretty nice (front grill) do you have a bit bigger picture of it?

and also.. it looks like you\'re using same avatar as bluntman on M3F :D

bluntman
10-30-2004, 11:06 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I kept thinking \"I thought only moderators can edit users\' posts\". :)

thegrez
11-02-2004, 03:59 PM
o.k i\'m really new to this whole thing...what is the avatar?? ithink its the pic you see by my name at the top of every post(my grille in this case) or am i wrong? i\'m confused because someone said i\'m using the same avatar as bluntman fromM3f which I remember putting that somewhere but i see my car when i post

that thing with Flander\'s kids was my avatar briefly before I actually learned that you could turn them on/off so some of my first posts may have that one......also i think it was Bluntman that i copied it from and put in \"my pictures \" cause it was so damn funny

majic
11-02-2004, 06:27 PM
u\'r right .. avatar is that little picture (your grill) that \'represents\' you in this technology world :D

and i didn\'t say YOU stole it .. just that u have the same one as bluntman.. and b/c i saw his first.. it may have carried a little of a tone as if you really stole it :p

bluntman
11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Honestly, I \"Googled\" for an images using the word \"rice\" or \"ricer\" and that\'s what I came up with.

thegrez
11-03-2004, 02:00 AM
thats cool majic I wasn\'t implying that you thought i was a thief no offense intended/taken we\'re all good

BETRTHNU
11-05-2004, 02:13 AM
back on topic...I talked to my salesperson and he said that there are no more 2.3 badges for the 05 gt sedan...is this right?

Melenium
11-05-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by BETRTHNU

back on topic...I talked to my salesperson and he said that there are no more 2.3 badges for the 05 gt sedan...is this right?

When I was told that my car came in, I asked if they put any badging on, and if so just to leave it for me to do. They said that it doesn\'t come with the 2.3 anymore :sarc

bluntman
11-05-2004, 08:32 AM
I think Joe/FLIPSPEED confirmed that the 05s don\'t come with those anymore. You wanna buy mine? :D

FLIPDADY
11-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

I think Joe/FLIPSPEED confirmed that the 05s don\'t come with those anymore. You wanna buy mine? :D
Mazda has discontinued the 2.3 badges for the 2005 models.

billyfo
11-05-2004, 05:57 PM
but do you still have stock for my 04:p ?

BETRTHNU
11-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

how much?

MAZDA Kitten
11-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Melenium

When I was told that my car came in, I asked if they put any badging on, and if so just to leave it for me to do. They said that it doesn\'t come with the 2.3 anymore :sarc

I just showed up at my dealership one day... talked to one of the sales man he saw my car outside. I told him I was missing my 2.3 badges. We went to back and handed them to me with no questions asked. I really like the badges and Im gonna put them on when I wash my car.

bubba1983
11-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Originally posted by Melenium

I just showed up at my dealership one day... talked to one of the sales man he saw my car outside. I told him I was missing my 2.3 badges. We went to back and handed them to me with no questions asked. I really like the badges and Im gonna put them on when I wash my car.

just say NO to badging

majic
11-21-2004, 03:22 PM
to each their own!!!

some ppl like the badges.. some don\'t.. i guess if you take the mouldings off take teh badges off .. but otherwise they are a nice touch IMO