PDA

View Full Version : Non Slip Mat Warning

Jay3
08-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey guys, I\'m here again to tell you of my stupidity. Mazda probably sent all of you that little black \"non slip\" mats that you can put on your dash. It\'s a small rectangle with the mazda logo on it. I (being super smart) washed the mat after I had used it for a couple of weeks and then slapped it back on my dash.

Bad news.......the water still on the bottom of the mat caused the black colour (or mat itself) to leech into the dash (right above the vents). This happened likely due to heat and the natural stickiness of the mat. Nothing removes the stain, and trust me, I tried everthing. I warned Mazda who told me \"yeah that\'s the first time I hear that happen\" and that was the end of the discussion.

Thankfully my buddy also got a 3 and is doing some mods to the dash and gave me his old one. But this is just a head\'s up for anyone who\'s decided to put that non slip mat on their dash or anywhere else on the 3.

Soulcrusher
08-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the tip. Fortunately for me, when I first received it, I tried it on the dash and it didn\'t really stay on the dash very well. So I removed it on the same day and whadduyaknow ... I\'ve had no problems ever since :D

But seriously, it\'s good to know that you were able to get a replacement dash for free. It\'s good to know the right friends.

Xenon
08-08-2004, 12:34 PM
I only use that mat when I have my 407 transponder with me. I don\'t want to stick it on my windshield. But other than that, the mat is in my glovebox, in it\'s original packaging.

dinu01
08-08-2004, 01:29 PM
What mat is this?

I never got one

Xenon
08-08-2004, 01:30 PM
It\'s the small mat that comes with the welcome package in the mail. It will take about a week or two for the welcome package to arrive from Mazda Canada.

dinu01
08-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Still waiting - 3.5weeks now :)

Jay3
08-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah the mat comes with the dealer survey so they\'ll send it for sure. If you got the survey and no mat, then I think you should call. When I told them about my problem the guy said \"Let\'s hope this isn\'t all the mats because I\'m looking at a stack of 500 of them\", so they have tons.

wtom
08-09-2004, 10:53 AM
It\'s those rubber-like non-slip mats where people usually place their sunglasses, transponder, cell phone, etc. on top of the dash, right above the clock.

rbart4506
08-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Jay3

Hey guys, I\'m here again to tell you of my stupidity. Mazda probably sent all of you that little black \"non slip\" mats that you can put on your dash. It\'s a small rectangle with the mazda logo on it. I (being super smart) washed the mat after I had used it for a couple of weeks and then slapped it back on my dash.

Bad news.......the water still on the bottom of the mat caused the black colour (or mat itself) to leech into the dash (right above the vents). This happened likely due to heat and the natural stickiness of the mat. Nothing removes the stain, and trust me, I tried everthing. I warned Mazda who told me \"yeah that\'s the first time I hear that happen\" and that was the end of the discussion.

Thankfully my buddy also got a 3 and is doing some mods to the dash and gave me his old one. But this is just a head\'s up for anyone who\'s decided to put that non slip mat on their dash or anywhere else on the 3.

Yup!

Mine did the same thing...

I keep my 407 transponder on it and when I went to clean the dash a few weeks ago the dash was marked...It\'s not a big deal for me because the transponder is a permanent fixture on my dash...

Rich

bubba1983
09-16-2004, 02:06 PM
i want a mat!!!! i jus got the survey today, and well, no mat...*cries* haha

Dr Butcher
09-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Yeah I just sent my survey back and I got no stinkin\' mat either! Ah well, no biggie. I more than likely wouldn\'t have used it anyway....

Wasn\'t the grand prize for returning the survey a Miata? I hope none of you are expecting to win because it\'s got my name all over it! :p

wtom
09-16-2004, 04:01 PM
No mat or survey for me yet and it\'s a week short of two months for me after taking delivery of my 3.

Dr Butcher
09-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by wtom
No mat or survey for me yet and it\'s a week short of two months for me after taking delivery of my 3.

Look at the bright side, if you\'d already gotten your survey and sent it back you couldn\'t change comments you now have about the problems with your your trade in.... Don\'t let it slide when you do finally get your survey, let it be known you\'re not happy with the way the salesmen have been treating you the last few weeks.

I slammed Morningside as \'another dealership I visited before purchasing\' when I sent my survey back.

Jay3
09-18-2004, 02:44 PM
If you guys are still looking for a mat (although it ruined my friggin dash) call Mazda Head Office and tell them that you never recieved your new owner package. 905-787-9000 is the number, prepare to tell them your VIN and whatnot.

///M
09-20-2004, 03:22 AM
I never got a mat either. :(

wtom
09-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Look at the bright side, if you\'d already gotten your survey and sent it back you couldn\'t change comments you now have about the problems with your your trade in.... Don\'t let it slide when you do finally get your survey, let it be known you\'re not happy with the way the salesmen have been treating you the last few weeks.

Hmm... since I won\'t be slamming my car (lowering) anytime soon, yes I shall take full use of the survey (whenever I shall get it) and slam my damn dealership. Good perspective Dr B :)

MAZDA Kitten
09-22-2004, 01:07 AM
I *heart* those mats I better get one. Cant wait for the survey either... got pics of my dents developed and ready to be sent in with a nice complaint letter :sarc For that I should be getting those nice all season floor mats ;)

wtom
09-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

I *heart* those mats I better get one.

Just be warned they WILL leave a mark on your dash...

Mmm
09-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by wtom

It\'s those rubber-like non-slip mats where people usually place their sunglasses, transponder, cell phone, etc. on top of the dash, right above the clock.

Don\'t use 407. Cell phone fits perfectly in the little slot near the shifter. Sunglasses in the top level of the storage between the buckets. After hearing all the complaints here, I don\'t think I\'ll try out that mat, even if I get it.

Tighty Whitey
02-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Anyone know if this is just a 2004 thing where you get the mat? I have a 2005 and just got the survey a few days ago and no mat, just the lovely Welcome to MazdaTowne newsletter.
Any 05ers get it?

Indusbreed
02-11-2005, 09:08 AM
I got a 05 and got the survey last week without the mat. Although Stealership called me and said they have the wheel locks for me ready to be picked up...:D :D

al01
02-11-2005, 06:30 PM
http://www.geocities.com/al01_al01/mat1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/al01_al01/mat2.jpg