PDA

View Full Version : AT and ENGINE LIGHT on...

Teflon
06-05-2014, 06:54 PM
I have a 2007 Mazda3 2.3. The engine light and AT light keeps coming on. When the AT light is on, the car jerk hard when shifted from park to reverse. Did a scan on the car..only got codes all pointing to O2 sensor bank 1. If I change the sensor will that also clear the transmission light/problems. I also did a ATF and filter change lastweek when the light initially came on. Any advise??

staax
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Are you saying the light came on AFTER you did a pan drop and filter change, or you decided to do that after you got the code. I don't know these tranny's (yet) but make sure you connected everything back up before you removed the filter (if applicable).

Some tranny codes may be stored and a simple code reader cannot get them - you need the dealer diagnostic tool. You can clear the codes and see if it comes back after a fluid change.

Teflon
06-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Are you saying the light came on AFTER you did a pan drop and filter change, or you decided to do that after you got the code. I don't know these tranny's (yet) but make sure you connected everything back up before you removed the filter (if applicable).

Some tranny codes may be stored and a simple code reader cannot get them - you need the dealer diagnostic tool. You can clear the codes and see if it comes back after a fluid change.

I did the fluid and filter change after the light came on. It wasn't a "simple" code reader either. Showed everythang but all codes were regarding the O2 sensor. Wondering if I change the tranny light/fault will be cleared too.

staax
06-05-2014, 09:19 PM
All DTC's that are not manufacturing specific will be cleared. (Pretty much everything with P0). It can't hurt but I think the problem may be something other than your O2.

Manufacturers codes cannot be read by a $50-$300 scanner.

See this link for a list of Mazda-specific codes. If you took it to your dealer one of these may be stored:

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/mazda/

Booter22
06-05-2014, 11:27 PM
I did the fluid and filter change after the light came on. It wasn't a "simple" code reader either. Showed everythang but all codes were regarding the O2 sensor. Wondering if I change the tranny light/fault will be cleared too.
Prolly need a tranny... might be lucky and just need the sensor. But get it scanned to be sure. Dont know if obd readers can pull at codes or only trans. Worst case go to mazda and pay to have it checked before driving it does damage that cant be reversed