PDA

View Full Version : Moonroof Rattle

dallan
08-12-2004, 01:35 PM
I have a rattle in the roof in the morning when the car is cold, I think it\'s from the moonroof track assembly. It\'s gone in the afternoon when I leave work and the car has been sitting in the sun all day. Anyone have the same?

bluntman
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
I think my rattle is from (moonroof) drip pan or headliner.

Xenon
08-12-2004, 06:16 PM
My moon roof is silent... unless I\'m not noticing it.

snipe
08-12-2004, 06:52 PM
I have a moonroof rattle as well. Very rarely, but sometimes it\'s there.

fat mike
08-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Probally one of those dealies wher the metal ios constricted in the morning so it ratlles and in the afternoon when its warmer the metal expands and stops the rattle. I hate things like those though drive me crazy

billyfo
08-12-2004, 08:18 PM
I don\'t have this problem, only wind noise.

bluntman
08-13-2004, 08:35 AM
As an update to this thread, I think my \"problem\" is related to the sunshade. When the shade is retracted I can hear the slight rattling on bumpy roads, but when it\'s closed it\'s silent. I had a similar problem with my aftermarket powered moonroof on my previous vehicle too.

fat mike
08-13-2004, 10:56 AM
that sounds like an easy fix

wongpres
10-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Just wanted to bump this up.

It\'s obviously been cold the last two days and I\'ve had the moonroof rattle these two days. It\'s mainly happened on the highway (I drive 95% highway), but I\'ve also heard it a couple of times over bumps on the street.

For those who have it, has it gotten worse in the last couple of days?

dallan
10-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Ya, it\'s getting worse. I\'ve had it into the dealer, they lubricated it, or so they say. It was a bit quieter for about 100 kilometers about then it returned.

It will be a very nasty repair, they will have to remove the garnish to get the headliner down to even look at it.

ardeep
05-13-2009, 10:30 AM
My car seems to have a head liner rattle. It’s like wind is running in between the sunroof and headliner, but the noise stays even when the moonroof is shut. I rattle is directly on top of the driver and passenger seats. It’s annoying cuz you hear like a low Krrrrrrrr noise all the time stops when I press on the head liner but it’s there..

seelsy
05-13-2009, 10:32 AM
My car seems to have a head liner rattle. It’s like wind is running in between the sunroof and headliner, but the noise stays even when the moonroof is shut. I rattle is directly on top of the driver and passenger seats. It’s annoying cuz you hear like a low Krrrrrrrr noise all the time stops when I press on the head liner but it’s there..

wow dude you just reopened a 5 year old thread haha

Thrizzl3
05-13-2009, 10:32 AM
have the dealer look at it

mazdabetty
05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
wow dude you just reopened a 5 year old thread haha

lol well if he didn't he'd be harassed by people yelling USE THE ******* SEARCH FUNCTIONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.... nice job searching :bana2... sucks that you have a rattle there though, must drive you CRAZY!!!! Hopefully a dealer can help you out with that... :)

ardeep
05-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Well 5 years ago you say.I didn't even realize that I was doing that...

.. well I drive a 09 soo.. i'm guess Mazda is a bit lousy in correcting up on their errors eh..

seelsy
05-13-2009, 01:22 PM
ya it def sucks though, you been to the dealer to have um check it out? id be in there as soon as i heard it making sure they fixed it. since its so new im assuming its probably a factory issue

ardeep
05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
i'm goin for my first oil change this weekend. And will surely make sure that they check it out.. plus it seems to be making that Cha.. ka ...chaa..ka noise in the engine compartment as well...as mentioned in this thread..
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=131179.0
.thas kinda. shite if you ask me

notoriousb
05-21-2009, 12:14 AM
The rattle I found is actually your screws going from your motor to your roof. If all the screws come out, your sun roof will go all out of wack... tighten those screws up before its too late lol...

heres the thread:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31032