PDA

View Full Version : Quote for 2004 Mazda 3 GT Sport

RedRaptor
08-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Hey all,

I\'m very close to getting a 2004 Mazda 3 GT Sport and since this my first car I don\'t know what to really expect when talking to the dealership.

I did a online quote for a Mz 3 GT Sport and it came out to about $29,100 or so. So how accurate is this online quote compared to the dealership quotes? I know that the Mz 3 is really selling now so I shouldn\'t expect that much of a discount.

How much did you guys get your Sport GT for? No leather, moonroof, AC and AUTO Tranny. Just need a few pointers here.

What do you think is the best OTR price I can get?

wtom
08-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

How much did you guys get your Sport GT for? No leather, moonroof, AC and AUTO Tranny. Just need a few pointers here.

Don\'t get dealer extended warranty, rust proofing, undercoating, fabric/paint protection, etc.

Here\'s my numbers for my Sport GT;

http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=155

You should be looking to pay around $28,500 OTR but don\'t take my word for it. Shop around, spend a good hour or two with a single dealer. Then take his price and go to another dealer. Don\'t let them push you into any deal. You decide what\'s good, but honestly, don\'t expect them to drop too much from MSRP because they know these cars are selling and they will want to get as much profit as they can from each sell. Good luck!

midnightfxgt
08-19-2004, 09:53 AM
From reading around I think I got a really good deal....

2004 Mazda3 Sport GT, with all options except Auto and Leather. I paid 26,900 OTR. :D

That was $1000 off MSRP and $600 Recent Graduate discount.

~JOHN

midnightfxgt
08-19-2004, 10:50 AM
If that price is on the road, it sounds good to me!!! ;)

Get the MT!!! lol

~JOHN

super_vixen
08-19-2004, 12:44 PM
I got exactly the same car that you are looking for yesterday after a long wait.

Mine was $26,139 before taxes, and included $100 off, $600 grad discount, tint and all season mats (which they threw in with no charge after some negotiating)
Then I bought the wheel locks, touch up paint, one extra year of extended warranty ($455) and freight, PDI, etc.

I also had a trade in on my Cavalier, which brought the price down to $20,139 and then taxes on top of that it was $22,080.29 final total.

Snipes
08-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Hey Heather, if you ever need touch up paint you can get it free from Avante in Richmond Hill. I went there to get some indigo blue for my car and they didn\'t have a problem with it. Since you\'re in Oshawa and I\'m just north of you if you ever need some let me know because I drive by that dealership every day on my way to work.

super_vixen
08-19-2004, 12:54 PM

I figured for the $5 and change, I\'d get the paint with the car, and hope I never really need to use it.

The one thing I still need to get is a 3rd key..I\'m going to call Mazda and see if they can cut me one, and I\'ll do the programming. I just don\'t want to spend a fortune on it.

Dr Butcher
08-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by super_vixen

The one thing I still need to get is a 3rd key..I\'m going to call Mazda and see if they can cut me one, and I\'ll do the programming. I just don\'t want to spend a fortune on it.

I think someone mentioned Flipspeed at Avante hooked them up with a spare key at a reasonable price. It\'d probably be best to talk to him about it before you go elsewhere. :)

super_vixen
08-19-2004, 02:16 PM
I thought about that..except driving to Richmond Hill would be quite a trek for the key...

Snipes
08-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I might be able to help you there as well Heather. I was thinking of doing the same thing in getting a third key. Maybe we can meet up near Oshawa and one day after work I can get them done.

RedRaptor
08-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Just went for a test drive of the 3. I really like it. SportShift AT is fun. The dealer told me a few things. Prices for the 2005 model will remain the same for now. However the financing rate will become 5.9% on every term (24, 36, 48 months). The reason being is, the 3 is selling really well.

In terms of 2004 models, there isn\'t much left. I asked for a Winning Blue Sport GT with no leather but the dealer told me he only has ONE and it has leather.

The 90 days no payment incentive is still on for Mazda. However only 60 days are interest free.

I have another appointment next week. If everything goes well, and they have a Winning Blue (cross my fingers) or a Mica Black, I\'ll sign for the car.