PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO CABLE FOR AUX-IN

MarkhamMazda3
08-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey,

I am trying to do the aux-in hack in my car but one problem is that i cannot find a audio cable which has an actual ground. I have tried using the insulation but i still get noise from the engine. can anybody supply me with a part number or something of a cable that they know comes with an actual ground? (preferably from radio shack) thanx.

midnightfxgt
08-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Which \"Hack\" is this? I only know about the PIE inteface solution, why not go that route?

~JOHN

bluntman
08-25-2004, 07:38 AM
It\'s probably the hack where you remove the stock radio and solder in a 1/8\" stereo cable to three points on the circuit board of the radio (oddly enough the three points are labelled for you too). Zdrei did this hack to his 3. In order to listen to an AUX source you\'ll have to insert a CD that is burned with 80 minutes of silence and the AUX source will just play right over that.

Check out this thread from the RX-8 Forums:

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?s=50ac1fec1da47ac231397ed75f1489ed& postid=239804#post239160

fat mike
08-25-2004, 10:28 AM
No one likes this idea??
http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/MAZDA_AUX_ADAPTER_p_4497.html

bluntman
08-25-2004, 08:27 PM
I like it, but it\'s a rebadged PIE adapter...or in this case a DEbadged PIE adapter. The only thing stopping me from doing this mod is that either way I cannot control my iPod through the steering wheel controls.

teambedlam
08-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by fat mike No one likes this idea?? http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/MAZDA_AUX_ADAPTER_p_4497.html

i\'m thinking of using that one. My only concern is if it has RCA jacks on it or do i still need to buy a seperate cable? It says no other cables needed. I like Autotoys better then the other sites. Shipping costs seem lower and thay have stock. :)

I\'m just waiting for my PalPal account to validate so i can order. Apparently AutoToys won\'t ship to canada if you don\'t pay using PalPal.

midnightfxgt
08-25-2004, 08:49 PM
I bought mine from discount car stereo. the shipping was $7 :)

~JOHN

teambedlam
08-26-2004, 07:06 PM
well today was an expensive day. I ordered my iPod, my proclip, and the PIE knock off from Autotoys.com. All i have to do now is survive waiting for them to arrive. Then of course get them installed.

fat mike
08-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by teambedlam

well today was an expensive day. I ordered my iPod, my proclip, and the PIE knock off from Autotoys.com. All i have to do now is survive waiting for them to arrive. Then of course get them installed.

i hate you :(

teambedlam
08-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Wow. Someone who hates me. Thats actually a first. Who knew going into debt would make me a hated man. Oh well. It\'ll take me a few months to pay off the credit bill i just ran up. I ended up getting the 20GB iPod. That will hold 1/3 of my MP3\'s. Guess i have to decide which 1/3 i want o listen to the most in my car.

bluntman
08-27-2004, 07:59 AM

I ended up getting the 20GB iPod. That will hold 1/3 of my MP3\'s. Guess i have to decide which 1/3 i want o listen to the most in my car.

Boys and girls, and example of how not to make friends...just kidding! :D

Did you buy the 3G or 4G iPod?

teambedlam
08-27-2004, 08:28 AM
I got the 4G 20Gb iPod. I was tempted to just go to the local Mac store and get a 3G for cheaper. Then i remembered when i bought a G3 desktop on the eve of the G4 release, and was very unhappy.... Oh well I eagerly await it\'s arrivial. Apparently it just left the Fedex sorting station in Memphis.

fat mike
08-27-2004, 11:08 AM

Wow. Someone who hates me. Thats actually a first. Who knew going into debt would make me a hated man. Oh well. It\'ll take me a few months to pay off the credit bill i just ran up. I ended up getting the 20GB iPod. That will hold 1/3 of my MP3\'s. Guess i have to decide which 1/3 i want o listen to the most in my car.

lol