PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Infotainment System not working!

mf5781
07-27-2014, 04:48 PM
I have the 2014 GS less than a month. Today the whole Infotainment system is not working: no radio, GPS, rear view camera, etc. The GPS is changed to compass. Anyone knows how to fix it? If not, I have to take it back to the dealer.

lazycro
07-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Yeah. Take it back to the dealer.... Best fix. Assuming you've turned the car on and of

kasakato
07-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Hold the three buttons above the knob for 10 sec or more.

Impactive
07-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Same thing happened to me a while back. I didn't have the latest software update is what they told me at Mazda. Took about 10 minutes to update at the dealership and I haven't had a problem since.

mf5781
08-06-2014, 09:39 PM
The dealer updated the software and it worked for about 8 days. Today the GPS is not working again. But other things of the system such as radio and camera working properly. The dealer said it might be the problem of SD card. So I'll go back to the dealer to see.

New New
08-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Same here, I have a 2014 mazda3 GT, and my system turn black 2 weeks ago, and can't use anything. No radio, no rear view camera, no GPS, nothing. Just all black. Booked an appointment with dealership and see how it goes.

Google
08-29-2014, 03:23 AM
What version do you guys have? V31 is very buggy. Many dealers in the USA are refusing to install it.

20143GTowner
08-29-2014, 08:16 AM
I also have been having issues, I'v had my car in at my dealership 4 times in the last couple months for updates/diagnoses and finnaly the company (not mazda it's a third party that makes the system) is just going to replace my entire system for free. It periodically shuts off, restarting the system sometimes taking 15-20 minutes to do so, and once happened while I was trying to navigate an area I'v never been to with the GPS...that was fun. I also have been having freezing issues and just slow response to input both from touch and the control stick.

Google
09-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Took our 2014 car in for service. Version 30 is the latest so it seems Mazda isn't pushing out V31 in Canada. I wonder if those folks who had to have their infotainment actually replaced were made in other parts of the world where they used cheaper or different parts?

Tazmanian_devil
10-07-2014, 02:38 PM
I bougth my 2014 GT sedan with leather in february 2014. We had in Qc lots of very cold days and I was getting issues with the rear view camera not working properly after two weeks. Went at the dealer several times simply to loose my time since, the issue seemed to have gone away but came back several weeks ago when it went a bit under 0 degrees.

I am not sure if I am the only one that seems to have issues with his backup camera when it's too cold. I noticed that if I parked the car at work where the sun was shinning, the issue would go away when I left work for home. Called the dealer to complain to the service manager but did not get a call back.

Anyone have this issue?

Tazmanian_devil
10-07-2014, 02:40 PM
I bougth my car in february 2014 and the back up camera stopped working when very cold after two weeks. Went back several times and thougth it was fixed but came back a couple of weeks ago when the temperature went under 0 degrees.

Am I the only one having this issue?

lazycro
10-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Yes

there is a TAU unit that is supposed to be swapped if you're having that issue