PDA

View Full Version : Royal Purple 5w20 or Mobil1 0w20?

MajesticBlueNTO
08-25-2004, 05:16 PM
from reading M3F and seeing the UOA\\\'s, Mobil1 0w20 is some really good oil.

however, some guys use and love Royal Purple, as it claims to \\\"add\\\" horsepower and such.

I had Mobil1 5w30 in the maxima and, honestly, didn\\\'t feel a power increase but was using it for the added protection (the engine consumed oil) and longer drain intervals.

the 3 is in need of some extra HP and i might give Royal Purple a try...just wanted to see what opinions others have on the two particular oils.

thanks

TM3
08-25-2004, 06:24 PM
I\'m skeptical of any motor oil increasing horse power. Doesn\'t hurt to try, but even if it does, I don\'t think you can actually feel it .. unless its placebo effect :)

bluntman
08-25-2004, 08:18 PM
I don\'t know about adding HP per say, but freeing up what is already there...maybe. Mobil 1 is good stuff, if Porsche specifies it for their cars, especially their Boxster, I think it\'s good enough for my Mazda.

Porsche made the engine compartment almost \"inaccessible\" through normal means, the vehicle must be put up on a lift in order to access the engine. At least in order to add fluids and to check the oil they engineered some \"spouts\" in the rear compartment.

FWIW, Costco has Castrol GTX 5w20 available in their service bays.

profusion
08-27-2004, 11:01 AM
If you want to see perfoarmance gains Garented. Get Motul. It will cost you 40 dollars for 4 bottles but you will see big difference in performance. Its what I use only, its what I used in my Acura before this car.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by profusion

If you want to see perfoarmance gains Garented. Get Motul. It will cost you 40 dollars for 4 bottles but you will see big difference in performance. Its what I use only, its what I used in my Acura before this car.

what weight Motul did you get?

EDIT: and from where? thanks

profusion
08-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

Originally posted by profusion

what weight Motul did you get?

EDIT: and from where? thanks

I use 0W - 40 Motul Synthetic
Motul is currently working a a spacific blend for our car comming soon.

I get mine from a performace shop called Kansi Racing or Pro Parts.

I think you can get it at some Mazda dealerships too, I seen them selling it in the parts area.