PDA

View Full Version : How long did you wait for your 3?

MAZDA Kitten
08-27-2004, 09:30 PM
So its been about a month and a half now that Im waiting for my 3. According to my dealership they dont have ANY idea when or if the production of the car has started. When I placed my order they told me MAX of 1 month. Stupid Arctic White (its teh hotness)http://pages.infinit.net/bluefire/Images/cussing.gif

Not only that but Im starting to have second thoughts and thinking of cancelling my order altogether. The dealership Im dealing with has been very unhelpful and either I go somewhere else or buy a Jetta. I keep going back to the VW dealership (I just *heart* the 1.8T)*blush*

teambedlam
08-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Well i signed the papers on March 6th and i took posession of the car on Marth 12th. That included a day for the dealer to tint the windows.

I was lucky because i got the only Velocity Red M3 Sport that was in Southern or Eastern Ontario. No dealer could estimate when another was to arrive.

I don\'t think i could have survived having to wait longer for the car. The GO train was starting to get to me. I\'m not built for life without a car.

teambedlam
08-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten or buy a Jetta. I keep going back to the VW dealership (I just *heart* the 1.8T)*blush*

Hey don\'t go abandoning the Mazda Nation so quickly. I think the members here can back me up when i say the wait will be so worth it..... accept no substitutes.....

Xenon
08-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Ordered April 13th

Delivered May 14th.

I was lucky tho... just so happened that someone ordered exactly what I wanted but cancelled.

bluntman
08-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Signed the papers right after my birthday in mid-January and was told that I would have to wait until about March. The dealer called me up the next week and said that the manager \"called in a few favours\" and was able to get me one by the the following week. By that time I had received that phone call I hadn\'t even looked into the fianancing or insurance so I asked for another another week to look into those things. Three weeks after signing the papers I was driving home in my new Sunset Orange Mica Sport GT with auto, air, moonroof and leather.

wtom
08-28-2004, 01:46 PM
My situation;

Ordered June 2nd, car that I wanted with the options and colour, was on the boat over the Pacific somewhere. Three different employees of the dealership told me \"should be about three weeks or before end of the month.\"

Unfortunately for me, the CN Rail had a strike and caused a huge backlog of cargo stuck at the ports in BC.

Finally on July 23rd I was able to go back to my dealer and leave with my Mazda3 Sport. Honestly... it was definitely worth the wait!!!

Don\'t think about abandoning the Mazda3 so soon... :(

fat mike
08-28-2004, 04:08 PM
I waited 12 weeks and everyone of them sucked.

RedRaptor
08-28-2004, 07:12 PM
One week.

Signed for it today and pick up is next Saturday.

Winning Blue Sport GT, moonroof, A/C, Cloth Seats, Auto Tranny and etc.

Saw about 5 2004 Sport GTs left on the lot. 3 black, 1 Orange and 1 Ti Grey. Mine was the last Winning Blue they had.

Mmm
09-11-2004, 01:25 AM
I would expect that waits shouldn\'t be that long now, because you can only buy what is in stock... or else place an order for a 2005 model.

My wait is 12 days, because what I wanted was at the Mazda compound, rather than on the dealer lot. But only a few more days now...
:)

wtom
09-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Let us know when you get it, Mmm! See you at Meet #5? :)

Kci
09-16-2004, 08:35 PM
I ordered a 2005 Arctic white GT sedan about a month ago. The salesman said that it\'ll probably come late October. I hope its worth the wait, but from what I read about it, it should be. :)

KCi

Mmm
09-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by wtom

Let us know when you get it, Mmm! See you at Meet #5? :)

Got it on Tuesday! And they gave me a bottle of champagne to go with it. Gotta love Avante. :)

However, although I love the forums for the information, I really doubt I\'ll go to any meets. I don\'t plan to do any mods, and am not personally into driving with a big bunch of Mazdas.

rsx_r04
09-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Kci
I ordered a 2005 Arctic white GT sedan about a month ago. The salesman said that it\'ll probably come late October. I hope its worth the wait, but from what I read about it, it should be. :)
KCi

I was GONNA order the same \'05 Arctic White GT sedan as you! But last minute changed the order to sunlight silver. Dealer called me today. Said it\'ll be here first week of November. I\'m in Vancouver, BTW.

wtom
09-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Mmm

Got it on Tuesday! And they gave me a bottle of champagne to go with it. Gotta love Avante. :)

However, although I love the forums for the information, I really doubt I\'ll go to any meets. I don\'t plan to do any mods, and am not personally into driving with a big bunch of Mazdas.

Holy crap, bottle of champagne too?? Dang now THAT is service!

Hehehe you are assuming wrong my friend. Majority of us that go to the meets are driving 99% stock Mazda3\'s. It\'s not a rice boy/girl club here. We meet up to put faces to the names and to exchange more information in person. Most mods that some of us have have everything to do with the audio system. As for the cruise, that is totally optional. You\'re not forced to do the drive with us nor is there any obligation to stay for the entire length of the meet.

Come on out, I\'m sure some of us would like to meet you and your brand new car! :)

Dr Butcher
09-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Mmm

I felt the same way up until recently and I teased my brother like crazy for going to Matrix meets, I\'ve changed my tune.... Although I probably won\'t do the cruise thing, I\'d definitely show up to BS with the guys for a bit.

civiclad
09-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Almost 6 LONG weeks if I recall correctly.

Ordered in April 04, delivered on May 31, 04.