PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Removal

FULLSCALE
08-27-2014, 10:33 PM
What's involved in removing the rear seats from a 2011 Hatch? Anyone have a picture of how much room I would gain?

I'm going to Pennsylvania in a month or so and want to bring back some frame rails, rad support and a door shell for my '68 Mustang... I thought removing the rear seat for the trip may give me a little extra room!

Reddie1337
08-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Bottom just pops up, as for the back, its just some bolts under the lower portion of the seat. Not a hard removal at all.

ryan2.3
08-28-2014, 08:18 AM
if you just pull out the bottom the upper should go almost if not completely flat.. just take out the bottoms?

staax
08-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Yeah I was actually surprised how easy the bottom comes off... was trying to lift the seat to run some wire and almost smacked myself in the face as I was expecting them to be fastened down a lot more!

FULLSCALE
08-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Just the bottom may do it, but I think I'll probably take both out. I'd rather have too much room than not be able to bring everything back! I'm picking up a door shell and the whole structure from the firewall forward... I'll likely need all the room I can get!