PDA

View Full Version : C7 2004 INTERCLUB FALL TOUR

dredd2099
08-31-2004, 09:29 PM
This is yet another Inter Club meet/tour/cruise

C7 2004 INTERCLUB FALL TOUR
Sunday October 3, 2004

** ALL Outside Club Leaders will be contacted with FULL information package Sept 11, 2004. **

This years event will be produced & carried out WITH logistical support from every participating club. Club Leaders will be contacted by Sept 11, 2004 with info package, and further direction.

background:
1st year, there was 10 cars involved, 2nd year (last year) about 200 +/- cars from about 20 +/- different car clubs participated
this year, we\'re hoping to break that record

area:
main route is \'Forks of the Credit\' road
if u dont know this road then ur missing out
think \'Initial D\' w/ their mountain twists and turns

sample description of the road goin up
> 100 feet straight, lazy turn right , 90 degree hard turn right, uphill 35 degrees, hairpin uphill 40 degrees, exiting the hairpin hard right, still going uphill...

^that part of the road is where \'Auto\' cars tend to bog when goin uphill
going downhill, body kits tend to get \'scratched\' if u arent carefull
parts of the road have no \'shoulders\' as well, u mis-judge a turn, ur in sh*t

couple o pixies from last years tour
http://www.c7performance.com/events/FallTour2003/fac5e37c.jpg

http://www.c7performance.com/events/FallTour2003/sammy_05.jpg

http://www.c7performance.com/events/FallTour2003/c7performancehockley.jpg

http://www.c7performance.com/events/FallTour2003/IM001538.jpg

http://www.c7performance.com/events/FallTour2003/skyhigh.jpg

http://www.c7performance.com/images/events/fallTourGroup_big.jpg

http://www.c7performance.com/events/FallTour2003/OPP.jpg

C7 Fall tour website link (http://www.c7performance.com/falltour.php)

more pixies on that page, link is on the bottom

further inquires contact: falltour@c7performance.com

UPDATE

FALL TOUR - SEPT 1 COMMUNICATION UPDATE

ON behalf of the entire team here @ C7 Performance, I\'m thrilled to announce the 2004 Fall Tour planning is under full swing and as we approach our event day we have some important announcements to share with you. As you all know this C7 Annual event is designed to be an interclub event, and this is the reason we enjoy such a great diversity of representation at this event. Clubs from all over Ontario will be attending this event and I remind you that participants need not have modified cars. As well..consider this day a family event - a day to enjoy a leisurely drive through one of Ontario\'s most beautiful areas, Caledon, and the Hockley Valley.

ONe of the most important aspects of this years tour is our logistics planning. This year with all our event details confirmed, we are happy to announce that every single club will be assisting in logistical support in a variety of ways between now and event day. This support will include disseminating imporant updates, and also event detail udpates. Essentially the information will flow from C7 to the club leaders, and then with your help, through to your members. ON event day, Tour Leaders will play the important role of ensuring their team arrives, and leaves together. Clubs will be departing the fall tour start point in staggered fashion with a time delay between each club departure. Ultimately we expect that all clubs will join eachother once we navigate through the initial \"city traffic\" stage of the tour. That\'s where you will enjoy the ultimate view of hundreds of cars infront, and behind you!!!

At this time we are releasing limited details, so read the following carefull, and if you have any questions feel free to contact us directly at falltour@c7performance.com

THURSDAY SEPT 09, 2004 - Tour Leader Meet & Greet
- C7 Performance invites appointed delegates from each club to attend an informal get together at Spacco Restaurant & Billiard Bar, 2415 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4P 2E7, 416-489-4163. . Reservations are for 7pm. This is a great venue for this tour leaders meet & greet. Expect reasonably priced food, a ton of pool tables, and a chance to meet the C7 Management team, and ofcourse other club tour leader delegates. We ask that you limit the # of delegates to 3 persons - these people will be best suited if they intend to participate in the tour, or at the very least, can assist with the organization of your clubs participation. ** Please RSVP us with the how many delegates are attending, and what their names are..send your reply titled \"Spacco Meet\", to falltour@c7performance.com.

SATURDAY SEPT 11, 2004 - Tour Media Package Available
Tour Leader Packages will be available, and communication to all tour leaders (as applicable in person, online, or via post to your forums) , and clubs will take place giving full information regarding the tour, the day\'s intinerary, contact information, and essentially everything you need to get your club organized to attend the event.

Sunday Sept 24, 2004 - Tour Leader PreRun
Tour Leader ROUTE RUN. We invite all club tour leaders to the join the C7 team on a run of the actual route from start to finish. This day will be another opportunity to ensure that Tour Leaders from all clubs will have the learn about the route, the intracies of running the route, and thereby be able to communicate more effectively in leading their groups through the Fall Tour, on event day.

Sunday October 03, 2004 - Event Day

IMPORTANT: HOW TO REGISTER!!!

We are pleased to announce that organizing your club\'s presence at this years fall tour will be managed through a central location. We have developed an online registration site that will allow your members to log their attendance, and their club representation. You may direct your members to this site, and ask them to show their interest in attending this years event by visiting this site:
http://www.c7performance.com/FallTour
Advise your members to check back regularily for updates as that\'s where they\'ll be posted. Updates concerning any changes, route details, etc will all be available there. We do not require your members to sign up on C7 Performance to express their interest (although they are always welcome)... Please advise your members to visit http://www.c7performance.com/FallTour
and follow the instructions to \"signup\" ... Be sure to look at the site yourself as it gives a running total of the total # of rides registered, and how many cars each club has registered to show up with that day!!

Again if you any questions please feel free to contact us at falltour@c7performance.com

We\'re looking forward to a massive turn out, and with your help it\'s going to be the best ever!!

Sincerest regards,

Prafull Koli
Corporate & Community Relations
Executive Management Team
C7 Performance.com

teambedlam
08-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by dredd2099 sample description of the road goin up > 100 feet straight, lazy turn right , 90 degree hard turn right, uphill 35 degrees, hairpin uphill 40 degrees, exiting the hairpin hard right, still going uphill...

hmm i better practice my up and down shifting. I haven\'t had the M3 out on a rally road yet. I had my Protege 5 out on soem roads even better the Forks of the Credit.

So is it like time trials or just a leasure cruise?

dredd2099
08-31-2004, 10:00 PM
lol, time trials
no sir, leisure cruise only, sightseeing, pic taking ops, etc
public roads/residential area
club meet/cruise rules apply
:)

teambedlam
08-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Damn no time trials. There is a lovely time trial road just north of Burlington. Take Appleby Line north until you get to the Escarpment. Start the clock as you pass 7 and see how long it takes you to get up the escarpment. It\'s got 2 lovely hairpins. It really teaches you how to shift under pressure....

Xenon
08-31-2004, 11:58 PM
C7... is that in reference to the 7th Generation Celica?

david3
09-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Yes. That looks like a wicked meet. Might need to borrow the celi for that one. :P

Xenon
09-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Can you say \"FRS Radios?\"

12 Clubs, 12 Channels

I want to reserve Channel 3!!!

Xenon
09-01-2004, 12:09 AM
On a different note,

Although this is a large event, it is not Mazda Exclusive, nor is it Mazda3 Exclusive. Therefore it will not be considered an official event (Attendence does not contribute to Active Member Status).

dredd2099
09-02-2004, 03:28 PM
1st post updated
pls read
:D

wtom
09-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Any Mazda3 drivers interested to go? It looks like an awesome experience to drive through the hills and autumn forests. I\'ll be a total noob tho winding through the hairpins and downhill... hopefully whoever is behind me (if I go) isn\'t following too closely! kekekeke...

EDIT: I\'ve signed up for it... looks to be a really nice experience. That and represent Toronto Mazda3, people!!!!! :D

wtom
09-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by teambedlam

Damn no time trials. There is a lovely time trial road just north of Burlington. Take Appleby Line north until you get to the Escarpment. Start the clock as you pass 7 and see how long it takes you to get up the escarpment. It\'s got 2 lovely hairpins. It really teaches you how to shift under pressure....

Bingo, found it... quite a drive to get out there first tho...

Appleby Line and Derry Road, Burlington, ON (http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=Oijcrep_0TrGEWt4okPNNYUe73Ik76Funs1 1Se.FXSokN.RJ&csz=burlington%2C+on&country=ca&new= 1&name=&qty=)

teambedlam
09-02-2004, 10:19 PM
yeah but it\'s worth the drive to find it. It\'s a fun climb. Just have to remember to keep to your lane as you have no warning about oncoming traffic. Going down can be tricky too. The first corner is dangerous if you brake too hard. We use to do it with traffic spotters at the top and bottom. FRS radios come in handy as well

wtom
09-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by teambedlam

The first corner is dangerous if you brake too hard.

Is that what dredd was talking about? No curb so if you go off the road, you\'re in deep sh!t?

teambedlam
09-03-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by wtom Is that what dredd was talking about? No curb so if you go off the road, you\'re in deep sh!t?

Yep thats it exactly. the only thing between you and a fall is some large rocks and trees....

dredd2099
09-03-2004, 09:53 AM
> http://www.dhwebdesign.ca/c7p/falltour

TorontoMazda3 is now listed as one of the clubs participating
u can now select it from the drop-down list on sign up

firstmazda
09-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Is Warren (wtom) the only one who\'s signed up so far??
anyone else going? sounds cool. I think I might sign up.

who is going to be our team leader repping TM3? I guess we will
have our own pre-meet before we go to the BIG pre-meet huh?

Ray
Ti GT GFX in Etobs

wtom
09-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by firstmazda

Is Warren (wtom) the only one who\'s signed up so far??
anyone else going? sounds cool. I think I might sign up.

Then we shall be the crazy insane brothers... or myself only, at the least. I\'m a manual newbie and here I am wanting to go rally styles thru hairpin turns and valleys!!!! LOL

I really hope I will not **** up...

wtom
09-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by dredd2099

TorontoMazda3 is now listed as one of the clubs participating
u can now select it from the drop-down list on sign up

Can you get the admins to fix up our listing? it\'s like \"torontomazda3.com torontomazda3.com torontomazda3.com\" and when you hover over it, it shows the same thing and then a http://www.torontomazda3.com at the end... in other words link does not work. and it shows 0 ppl when I\'m in already. Boo :)

wtom
09-08-2004, 11:39 PM

THURSDAY SEPT 09, 2004 - Tour Leader Meet & Greet
- C7 Performance invites appointed delegates from each club to attend an informal get together at Spacco Restaurant & Billiard Bar, 2415 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4P 2E7, 416-489-4163. . Reservations are for 7pm. This is a great venue for this tour leaders meet & greet. Expect reasonably priced food, a ton of pool tables, and a chance to meet the C7 Management team, and ofcourse other club tour leader delegates. We ask that you limit the # of delegates to 3 persons - these people will be best suited if they intend to participate in the tour, or at the very least, can assist with the organization of your clubs participation. ** Please RSVP us with the how many delegates are attending, and what their names are..send your reply titled \"Spacco Meet\", to falltour@c7performance.com.

I just remembered about this now... did anyone from our board contact the above?!?!?! I might be able to go there but I\'ll definitely be late... like 8pm probably. I haven\'t email them.

Xenon
09-09-2004, 11:05 AM
I haven\'t, mostly because I know I can\'t make this event.

-RJ3-
09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
firstmazda Ray? Hardcore NWO RAy?

welcome to the club brotha!!!

Unfortunately C7 is not an event I will be participating in. Im working in the weekend So its a no show

BTW its Ryan (Summerslam attendee)

bubba1983
09-20-2004, 05:34 PM
So, is anybody from TM3 going to this event?? i would like to go check it out, but i\'m not going to go by myself to it...if any other members are willing to go...let me know!

wtom
09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
They\'ve added the Information Package;

http://www.c7performance.com/media/falltourinfopack.pdf

It\'s 9am start on Sunday, October 3rd... :(

chimp
09-20-2004, 06:11 PM
hopefully i can attend and all i can say from last years meet is hopefully you have stong left leg. the one up hill where everyone gets all bunched up goin through a small village is soooo hard on the legs its rediculous. i didn\'t think my mr2 was gonna make it up it was tough, but i hope to see you there.

wtom
09-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Was there any fender benders or bad accidents that happened to drivers within the tour last yr? :D

On a serious note, how much is the fee to register?

chimp
09-20-2004, 07:18 PM
no real problems i remember, and there wasn\'t a few that i recall. one club got lost and was found by a police car which a few tix were handed out. and a couple really low cars had a tough go getting into the parking but no mazda 3 even with a kit would have a problem. honestly it was a wicked cruise, not alot of high speed stuff it just bring the digi and enjoy the day since there were soooo many cars last year and it seems to get bigger every year.

bubba1983
09-20-2004, 09:39 PM
im jealous, i want to go for the experience, even if i go only with one other person...

firstmazda
09-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Hey Bubba,

Wtom has already signed up, I haven\'t yet, but i\'m like 87% sure i\'m going.
If I do go, i\'ll have a couple of friends tagging along with me in my car.
(I need someone o take the pictures!!)

Anyone else interested in going??? Did anyone go to the Club Rep. meet?
is anyone going to the pre-run? I\'m not available this weekend.

Ray

mEtH
09-21-2004, 12:18 AM

There\'s a fee? If so what\'s it going towards?

///M
09-22-2004, 02:40 AM
You can sure bet there\'s going to be a mini police blitz there... = no fun.

wtom
09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

You can sure bet there\'s going to be a mini police blitz there... = no fun.

Actually the police already know about it and they are letting us have the cruise. Of course, if anyone is caught doing irresponsible driving or having alcohol on hand or just being an idiot, then the police will get involved. Otherwise, they will be there to make sure things stay cool.

Hypothrml
09-22-2004, 11:44 AM
I just signed up, so far 2 ppl myself and Wtom.

wtom
09-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Hypothrml

I just signed up, so far 2 ppl myself and Wtom.

I noticed but the site\'s database is messed up with our club name and URL and number of attendees per the club itself (states 1 when in fact it should be 2). Boo... that is pure disrespect to our club! hahahaha j/k

chimp
09-22-2004, 09:48 PM
well i think i\'m 99% sure i\'m gonna go to the cruise. i have that weekend off but i\'m having a tough time getting people to drive down with me. i might go down the night before and find something to do and then hit the cruise in the morning. is the place in brampton easy to find since i really don\'t want to have to any earlier if i drive up sunday than i have too. anyway hopefully i\'ll make it 3 ppl attending.

MazdaTree
09-23-2004, 12:24 AM
its very easy to find its near caledon you just gotta go north on hurontario (highway 10) untill you see forks of the credit on your left its a little after bovard.

wtom
09-23-2004, 10:12 AM
I think he\'s asking for how to get to the Bramalae GO station?

Open the PDF:

http://www.dhwebdesign.ca/c7p/falltour/FallTourInfoPack.pdf

Go to page 19 of that PDF file... the GO station (start point and registration) is near Dixie and Steeles Ave W.

wtom
09-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Alright, boys and girls (?) going to C7 from this club, how the heck are we gonna do this? Are we just gonna go in there all separated and following different leaders, or should be meet up together at Bramalea? In other words, shall the TO3Pack stick together?

firstmazda
09-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Definitely stick together!
Pre-pre=meet before the Bramalea Pre-meet?

chimp
09-25-2004, 05:23 PM
well someone sign me up. count me in. i\'ll be there for sure. i have to leave real early but what\'s the term early when your a shift worker? anyway i am pretty strict on what i eat and what i don\'t, so that day i\'m going to have a crash day. the folks that are goin to arrive prior to the meet for a pre meet do you want to meet and have breakfast somewhere? i have no idea about where i\'m goin in that area but i would like to roll in togather, i know when i went with the mr2 club we didn\'t rollin togather but cruised togather. it was way better seeing all the groups turn and look and say hey here comes the blank club or what ever. can someone from the ppl attending get a hold of me prior too so to help me get myself organized and to help find where were goin to meet.
also if someone knows of a coin op car wash that would be excellent aswell since 3 hours for highway will have my exterior totalled!

thanks and i look forward to seeing everyone there!

wtom
09-26-2004, 04:36 AM
Hey chimp,

You\'ll have to sign up yourself since the sign-up requires an email address as well as name; http://www.c7performance.com/FallTour

I already anticipate problems for myself waking up like 7am for this thing. :(

I personally won\'t want to meet for breakfast... no offense to anyone.

Also due to the time that this event is set (unless it really is just me who keeps complaining about the earliness) I would personally prefer to meet up literally at the corner of Dixie Road and Steeles Avenue West (exact corner to be determined at a later date) and just do the short drive over to the GO station together 5 minutes before 9am.

Will this pose a problem for any of the attendees to C7 Fall Tour?

I\'m not from that area, sorry, chimp I cannot advise of a coin op car wash.

wtom
09-26-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by methodyst

There\'s a fee? If so what\'s it going towards?

I\'m not sure if there is any other fees but just recently announced was the $1 fee paid to the Hockley Valley General Store when we arrive at our destination.

Source: http://www.dhwebdesign.ca/c7p/falltour/important.asp

chimp
09-26-2004, 04:48 PM
well i\'m signed up. i can\'t wait. the dollar fee is cool since last year they had food at skydome like prices so nobody really purchased the food and i definitly saw them taking it on the chin. even though they didn\'t have to cater to the tour they did us a solid. the dollar fee is a smart idea for them along with better priced items.
i hope more ppl decide to show up i can\'t tell you enough how cool the thing was last year. not many times my car will be out b4 winter storage so i\'m definitly taking advantage. i\'m looking forward to meeting everyone there!

dredd2099
09-26-2004, 11:09 PM
for Pre Run pixies, klik here (http://www.matrixvibe.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5486)

UPDATE

coming back from the pre run
was bout to write updates and such
till i saw mr cih from the mitsu club who did exactly what i wanted to do
and since im a lazy bastard
i am blatantly \'borrowing\' his words and applying it here
edited a lil of course
eh heh

Ok everyone, i just got back from the Pre-Run with all the club leaders.
Here is they way it is going to be:

Sunday October 3 at 9:00 AM we meet at the Bramelea Go Station parking lot. Please come on time

Located in Brampton at Bramela Rd and Steeles Ave.

From there we will be leaving in packs to avoid traffic congestion.

Things you should bring.

- FRS radio
- FULL TANK OF GAS ( not stopping for gas on the way up )
- Map
- Lawn Chair ( good idea )
- Camera ( lots of photo ops )
- each car bring $1.
(they will be collecting one dollar from every car, because they were nice enough to rent out portable washrooms for everyone at the meeting spot up in Hockley Valley )
- Bring your WAIVER, It must be signed.

And please read the infopack about rules. No stupidity on the way up there.
http://www.dhwebdesign.ca/c7p/falltour/FallTourInfoPack.pdf

Since i\'m in front for the Mitsubishi Group, i am designated Bug Deflector for the rest of you.. you\'ll thank me later.

The drive today was really fun.. there\'s a lot of cool people going and a lot of pretty sweet cars. Today we had about 30 - 40 cars cruise up to Hockley..and it was nuts, just imagine the almost 300 cars that are expected to come.

I am looking forward to next sunday and i hope all of you can come.

I will post any information that i get regarding the cruise as soon as i get it.

Thanks,
Cih.

note:

maps/directions will be available soon from C7
the infopack will be updated
i will photocopy additional WAIVERS fro those not able to bring and sign their own

as for the gas, its a MUST that u have a minimum of half tank of gas
id recommend to fill up prior to start of the cruise
the pre run was done in bout 1 hour and 20 mins +/-
and thats w/ 35 cars +/-
cruise is 100kms+ one way
a slightly different route is to be taken goin back
it could easily be 200kms+ 2 way

as a side note
it will be a long day and ppl might just want to go home from hockley valley
so the return route is optional

now hope u get ur day off
bring ur family
bring ur own food if u want
its goin to be a blast

for the lazy
heres a kwik and important rundown

The full package is available here (http://www.dhwebdesign.ca/c7p/falltour/FallTourInfoPack.pdf), as posted before.
You need adobe reader to view it, available here (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

Event Date: Sunday October 3 2004.
Event Location: Start point Bramale GO Station (see appendix for a location)
End Point: Hockley Valley General Store (see appendix for a location)
Start Time: Please arrive at 9:00. Departure times will be assigned
Registration: Online at www.c7performance.com/falltour/ and day of at registration booth. Note: You must sign-in at the registration booth upon arrival. If you are arriving with a club, your club leader will handle this detail.

Photo Contest
Every year we accompany our event with a photo contest. Please take as many photos as possible and submit them to C7 Performance for judging no later than Oct 10.

Driving the Route
This year we will be releasing traffic in packs to help reduce the traffic burden on the city streets and hopefully make caravanning easier. Packs will usually consist of a club. C7 recommends you have at least two members who are familiar with the route and station one at the beginning of your pack, and one at the end. C7 also recommends you establish a way to remain in contact with all your members at all times. The ride is much more enjoyable if everyone is using FRS‘s and can communicate with each other. Note: Cell phones may not work in the areas we will be traveling in. Upon registration, you will be given a departure time. It‘s important that your club move from your parking area to the departure location and be there for your departure time.

Your Club, your Clowns
Please be aware that we do have some expectations for behaviour during this run. Also note that as club leader you are responsible for how your membership acts. If you have problem members, it‘s best that they stay at home. This is a community exercise but individuals are organized by club. If one of your members is acting bad, that reflects poorly on your club as a whole. Please keep this in mind.

Behaviour
This is a public event, thus, obviously all regular rules for the road apply. We would appreciate if you refrain from burnouts and excessive noise at both the start and end points as we have graciously been given permission to use these locations, but that can easily be revoked.
Please be respectful to other drivers on the road. Especially those who are not involved in the tour. Keep in mind that others may not know about the tour, and may not expect delays so please be accommodating. Please allow quicker traffic to pass, and also surrender right of way if appropriate.
The OPP will be around and aware of the event. They have been VERY respectful of us in the past, but in order to continue their co-operation, we expect you to return the respect. Please follow all the rules of the road.
Any club and/or individual receiving tickets, or caught behaving in a non-respectful manner, or not complying with these suggestions will be asked not to attend next year.

2004 C7 Performance Fall Tour Agenda (Day Of)
Time: Event
9:00 Arrival. All participants must be present
9:30 First Pack departs
12:00 First Pack arrives at destination
2:30 Group photo‘s and announcements

dredd2099
09-26-2004, 11:14 PM
another side note

the cruise will be divided into \'packs\'
the start will be \'staggered\' by bout 5-10 mins apart
since u guys/gals do not have a tour leader and most likely that ur representation is small
u will be grouped with another club or group of cars

as the trix/vibe will likely be small as well
ill can get u guys/gals 2gether w/ us if u dont mind

firstmazda
09-27-2004, 08:28 AM
So I\'ve signed up. Looks like three of us from this group have.
so where are we meeting before again??

Ray

wtom
09-27-2004, 03:07 PM
No premeet that I know of, just arrive there and be on channel 3, sub channel 0 (if available) and call in \"Toronto Mazda3, <state your handle>\" when you are on the premises and cannot find other Mazda3\'s.

dredd2099
09-27-2004, 07:33 PM
i highly reccommend a pre-meet prior to
so that when u guys pull in
u guys can be at just one place at same time
come start of cruise time for your club
u dont have to peel out from all over the place just to get in line at the start
makes it easier not only for u guys but for everybody involved

chimp
09-27-2004, 08:05 PM
i second dredd on that one since it is mass confusion of cars going all over the place. it doesn\'t have to be early but just meet prior.
dredd your goin with the matrix group we should all meet up just prior. were both going to be low in numbers it looks like.
on a side note my buddy with his matrix might be coming. if he doesn\'t have to race on the sunday he said he wants to go for the cruise...
anyway let\'s get organized the meet is less than a week away.

david3
09-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah I\'m talking to dredd right now. I\'m planning on going (if all goes well) and will meet up with them for their pre-meet. Since it doesn\'t seem like a lot of other people from here are going I suggest we join them. The location of the pre-meet is still pending but he says it\'ll probably be at KK (so not far from our normal west side meets).

firstmazda
09-28-2004, 08:02 AM
KK = Krispy Kreme??? at Heartland on Mavis?
That\'s not bad, but what time?

Ray

wtom
09-28-2004, 01:06 PM
SWEET, presently 350+ cars signed up and 5 representing Toronto Mazda3! :)

Okay no probs on a quick pre meet somewhere nearby the GO station. Don\'t forget your FRS Channel 3!!! I better not be ****en late... arghhhhh

Paul/Dredd, can you confirm that the Mazda3s can join your group? Also please confirm what time and exact location of your pre-meet so we can join.

Unless someone has confirmed we can join TOProtege? :D

dredd2099
09-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by wtom
Paul/Dredd, can you confirm that the Mazda3s can join your group? Also please confirm what time and exact location of your pre-meet so we can join.

Unless someone has confirmed we can join TOProtege? :D

well i say u can, nuff said
hehehehe

as for u guys goin with TOP
i asked, they said ur all more than welcome

side note:
theyr pre meet is also goin to be at KK
time is 8am btw

corollacustomz will be there as well
so far, i have no other indication of other clubs choosing KK for a pre meet

david3
09-28-2004, 05:25 PM
c7 is (at KK from what I read) :P

dredd2099
09-28-2004, 07:27 PM
pre meet correction for TOP

its goin to be at timmies, dixie and aimco
8am, leaving at 8:15
again, they said u guys are more than welcome to roll with them

but if u prefer to be w/ the toyota guys/gals
its KK at 8am

note:
pls do not forget to bring in your signed waivers

david3
09-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Got all that done today :`)

david3
09-28-2004, 07:59 PM
but if u prefer to be w/ the toyota guys/gals
its KK at 8am

See you then. BTW, What FRS channel do you guys use?

dredd2099
09-28-2004, 08:06 PM
we usually use 6 9
we may have to change to a totally new channel if it gets clogged up
we\'ll decide on the pre meet

firstmazda
09-29-2004, 12:05 AM

we usually use 6 9
we may have to change to a totally new channel if it gets clogged up
we\'ll decide on the pre meet

Is that 6 and/or 9? or like Channel 6, sub-channel 9?

So like, where are we TM3 deciding to meet?? KK at heartland? or Timmies?
(where is Dixie/Aimco???)

Ray

bubba1983
09-29-2004, 08:24 AM
somebody better let me know whats going on ...msn me adambarnes4@hotmail.com
my computer has been a bitch...i can\'t sign up bla bla, i hope they don\'t mind me jus showing up? wtom, r u still in for sure? im there for sure if i awake in time

david3
09-29-2004, 11:10 AM
bubba I\'ll talk to you on MSN later this week, make sure you sign the form and bring that though (it\'s in the fall tour info .pdf)

The KK is south of 401 along mavis(right?) I don\'t know where exactly since I\'ve never stopped there but it should be easy to spot.

dredd2099
09-29-2004, 03:20 PM
C6, SC9

KK in Heartland
Mavis, south of the 401
same plaza as Crappy Tire
to your right about 3 lights from 401
8am

emphasizing again, bring ur signed waivers
maps and directions of cruise route will be provided
thru an updated Fall tour info
check back often

firstmazda
09-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Ok Ok Ok,
let\'s do a quick roll call and get this organized:

wtom (Warren)
David3 (David)
Bubba (Adam)
FirstMazda (Ray)
Chimp (?)
Dredd (?)
Anyone else coming??

Dredd, you rollin with another crew right? from what it sounds,
you don\'t have a 3 YET right?? forgive me if i\'m wrong.

We should decide now where we will meet, KK or timmies.

As well, I thought if we each have a pair of FRS we could set one on channel 3,
and the other on channel 6/9 at least until we get to Brampton and everything is
straightened out.

mEtH
09-30-2004, 12:09 AM
I might be in, got no plans and maybe now i\'ll make some HA! Oh and Dredd has a trix he aint getting a 3. I\'ll figure out if im going in the next day or two.

chimp
09-30-2004, 02:22 AM
ok i\'m in. i want to meet b4 and since it will be my cheat day i wouldn\'t mind hitting a kk which i\'m hoping its a krispy kream since there isn\'t one in sarnia. anyway i\'m game for meeting up where ever but if somebody could kindly get me an address of the pre-meet location so i can get a mapquest directions it would be greatly appreciated. i need to visually see not give roads since i don\'t even know the roads ya\'ll are talking about. anyway my names Keith, add me to the list and make me an excited addition to the list, i can\'t what to go cruising!

bubba1983
09-30-2004, 05:08 AM
!!!ATTENTION!!!

my computer is a putz..i need a reformat, but im too lazy to do so...can somebody sign me up....for me? and put in adambarnes4@hotmail.com for the e-mail addy....PLEASE.....i got the waiver printed out.....bla bla, does it matter who we have for the whitness?

!!!ATTENTION!!! can somebody PLEASE sign me up!!!!

mEtH
09-30-2004, 07:38 AM
I tried to sign you up but the second page seems to be not working. I\'ll try again in about 10 mins.

wtom
09-30-2004, 09:45 AM
*** UPDATED ***

*** TORONTO MAZDA3 members attending C7 Fall Tour ***

PLEASE BRING TWO FRS RADIOS!!! We will need one for our own club (channel 3) and one to communicate with which ever club cruise leader we will be delt to.

PRE-MEET
8am at the Tim Horton\'s at major intersection of Dixie Road and Aimco Boulevard, Mississauga
View the map (http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=lk7M8.p_0Tq3kZvLh6pN99OnqKNC3fh1sfm Fk8uPn.5C4Q--&csz=Mississauga%2C+ON&country=ca&new=1&name=&qty= ).

Be well rested, boys... we don\'t want no accidents out there!

chimp
09-30-2004, 12:31 PM
thanks for the map its greatly appreciated.
what time do we have to leave the kk at to arrive on time to the go station?

firstmazda
09-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Was anyone able to sign bubba up?? if not by this evening, i\'ll do it late tonite.

who\'s Thomas? he\'s signed up as a member of TM3!

can you believe there\'s like 425 cars signed up!!! This is either gonna be
incredibly unbelievable, or incridible CHAOS!!!

Can\' wait man!!

Ray
(does eveyone have sub channels?? we should set channel 3 / sub 33 for us just incase
channel 3 / sub 0 is given to another [ack, that way we soun\'t cause them interference)
--is that confusing enough for you guys??

wtom
09-30-2004, 03:38 PM
*** UPDATED ***

bubba has been signed up

Thomas is Hypothrml.

Toronto Mazda3 is Channel 3, no sub channel (set it to 0) because a few of our members do not have FRS radios that support sub channels.

You\'re very welcome, chimp, we are leaving at 8:30am LATEST from Tim Horton\'s at Dixie Road and Aimco Boulevard.

There is new information posted guys, http://www.c7performance.com/FallTour

bubba1983
09-30-2004, 03:50 PM
SWEEET, if i were a female, i\'d put out to the people who signed me up, but alas, i\'m not a female!!! lol

bubba1983
09-30-2004, 03:51 PM
but....whats teh deal with the waiver? can i jus make up a na,e to sign it, or does somebody at teh registration of C7 have to sign it?

bubba1983
09-30-2004, 03:53 PM
damn triple posts...sorry guys...where in relation to other highways is mavis...cause i\'m jus tryin\' to figure out how long it would take to get there from kitchener thats all...i really hope i can make it....ugh...im gonna be soo tired from the wedding....

wtom
09-30-2004, 04:00 PM
*** UPDATED ***

You better hope none of us are gay, bubba hahaha

Waiver is to protect C7 Performance car club as well as Hockley Valley General Store. Basically, anything that happens because of your own doing, it is your responsibility. It\'s just like any waiver to protect the hosts as well as the innocent.

Click here (http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=lk7M8.p_0Tq3kZvLh6pN99OnqKNC3fh1sfm Fk8uPn.5C4Q--&csz=Mississauga%2C+ON&country=ca&new=1&name=&qty= ) for a map of Dixie Road at Aimco Boulevard in Mississauga. Zoom out to level 4 or level 5 to see approximation from other highways.

dredd2099
09-30-2004, 05:05 PM

Dredd, you rollin with another crew right? from what it sounds,

im w/ C7 as well
but my trix/vibe buddies will pre meet someplace else and head straight to the station
goin to kk to assist u guys or what not

side note:
FRS frequencies will be assigned at the GO station
upon entering the GO station, waivers will be collected
im in process of moving so
ill probly be offline till day of event
mr methodyst knows my # just in case, just ask him for it
ill see u guys there

dredd2099
09-30-2004, 05:07 PM
mr wtom
ty for the updates and leading ur crew btw

cmon ppl
this gonna be fun fun fun!!!

firstmazda
09-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances citing a family emergency,
I am forced to bow out of this event.

Don\'t worry, i\'ll definitely be there next year! Take good pics for me alright!

Ray

david3
09-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

but....whats teh deal with the waiver? can i jus make up a na,e to sign it, or does somebody at teh registration of C7 have to sign it?

just sign it and get a witness to sign it.

wtom
09-30-2004, 11:34 PM

Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances citing a family emergency,
I am forced to bow out of this event.

Don\'t worry, i\'ll definitely be there next year! Take good pics for me alright!

Ray

Hope things are okay, Ray, take care! My gf will be in the passenger seat with the camera so hopefully it isn\'t bad weather and we\'ll grab ton of pix for ya! We\'ll make use of the moonroof opening too! :)

Dredd; no probs, and thank you to help us out with the info as well!

Myk
10-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey guys,

I see all is being organized peretty well over here!

I suggest that the TO3 club attends our pree meet, instead of the big one a KK.

We where going to do the same thing and meet at KK, but realized we don\'t need to meet at the KK at 8 with a tone of other cars. We figured it was easier to do our own meet, go over anything we needed to talk about, get a coffee and bagel and and get the GO station at 9.

We think it would be really cool if the Proteges and 3s rolled into the GO station together.

We will be at the Tim Hortons lot, right in front of the Staples store. It is at Dixie and Amico, just north of Dixie and Egglinton. From there it is a quick drive to the 410 north to Steeles to the GO station.

We will be there at 8 and leave no later than 8:30. I will be riding with another member in his black sedan, as I will be taking pics all day.

Look for MIKE.

Hope you guys can roll with us!

bubba1983
10-01-2004, 06:02 PM
oh oh...do i smelll....ALLIANCES!!!! nice nice!

firstmazda
10-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Well, me again, I\'m not sure, but I think I might still be able to show up!

so what\'s the final plan? where will we be having our pre-meet?
KK or Timmies??

I need to know asap just incase i will be able to show up

Ray

wtom
10-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Myk

I suggest that the TO3 club attends our pree meet, instead of the big one a KK.

We think it would be really cool if the Proteges and 3s rolled into the GO station together.

We will be at the Tim Hortons lot, right in front of the Staples store. It is at Dixie and Amico, just north of Dixie and Egglinton. From there it is a quick drive to the 410 north to Steeles to the GO station.

We will be there at 8 and leave no later than 8:30. I will be riding with another member in his black sedan, as I will be taking pics all day.

Okay no offense to any other car clubs but from the beginning I was hoping we could roll into Bramalea GO with other Mazdas as well, of course the Protege\'s/5\'s. I personally would prefer going with above plans (pre-meet with TOProtege).

My cell (edit/removed).

Map is here (http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=lk7M8.p_0Tq3kZvLh6pN99OnqKNC3fh1sfm Fk8uPn.5C4Q--&csz=Mississauga%2C+ON&country=ca&new=1&name=&qty= ).

Thanks Myk and I will see you guys there. Hopefully every other Mazda3 that is going to the Fall Tour will be at above location as well.

david3
10-02-2004, 11:54 AM
See you there wtom. Dredd, I\'ll see you at the GO station. :)

chimp
10-02-2004, 12:11 PM
just a quick question what turn off should i be taking from the 401 to get to that new pre meet local. plus i will be going for sure and i want to meet up with every one. if you guys are goin to leave a 8:30 thats better for me since it gives me a slight time frame break cuz i\'m leaving at 5:30 to get there by 8. how much farther into missasauga is the new local compared to the kk. the kk takes me 2.5 hours from sarnia to get there and any time savings will be sweet. like i said i will be coming and i hope others do too.
my cell is 519-312-1093 my names Keith. if someone from here doesn\'t see me at 8:30 please please call my cell cuz i\'ll probably be lost. i\'m usually pretty good but i\'ll be goin on 2-3 hours sleep so i might be a little tired first thing in the morning. if i don\'t get to the premeet i won\'t be able to figure my way around to the meet thats for sure.
anyway
hope to see ya\'ll there tommorow!

david3
10-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Chimp, the new location is a bit further than KK. I will be taking 403 to Hurontatio to Burnhamthorpe to Dixie and then to the final location. (I know I can take a faster way but you guys know I will get lost if I try :P)

If you will be coming from the 401 then you should be able to take Dixie road(south? -- you turn right off of 401) right off the 401.

The exit for Dixie road looks like it\'s 4-5km past Hurontario which is 2 km past where the KK exit is. You should still be able to make it in about the same time.

Check out the map wtom posted and zoom out a bit. Shouldn\'t be hard to find.

Myk
10-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Wow, good for you for driving out this far!

Here is a location of the pre-meet. We should be there \'till 8:15-8:30, but will call you if your not there, don\'t worry.

This map should be all you need!

http://members.rogers.com/pro5navy/premeet.jpg

mEtH
10-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by david3

Chimp, the new location is a bit further than KK. I will be taking 403 to Hurontatio to Burnhamthorpe to Dixie and then to the final location. (I know I can take a faster way but you guys know I will get lost if I try :P)

If you just go one more exit on the 403 which is called East Gate. When you get off the highway (do not turn when you get off the highway) just go straight for 3 sets of lights and make a left on to dixie. Then drive a couple more blocks (approx 4-5 lights) and it should be on your right hand side. It\'s alot easier.

chimp
10-02-2004, 04:14 PM
thanks for another great map. i think i\'m goin to take the first opportunity to get on the 403 and just take it right to englington ave. it looks like it will be a quicker way instead of taking the 401 which usually is a slower road. so 403 get off at englington and then hang a left onto dixie sounds easy enough. and should still be about a 2.5 hour drive so i\'m all set.
see ya\'ll there tommorow morning bright and early
Keith
ps correct my directions if i\'m wrong :D

or on second thought for easy of driving i can follow someones instructions and just stay on the 401 right to dixie, man i dunno but either way i will be there no problem

mEtH
10-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by chimp

so 403 get off at englington and then hang a left onto dixie sounds easy enough.

The exit will be listed as east gate, cawthra and eglinton i believe. It\'s a weird exit because of all the names. but it\'s the exit right after hurontario and just go straight until you hit dixie then make the left. On dixie you will pass a bmw dealership (on the right), a cop station (on the left) and the post office (on your right at eglinton). So as long as you see those you are on track.

I live in the area and will have my FRS radio on channel 3. I actually live around the corner from 403 and mavis, so when you are in the area give a shout out and i\'ll see if I can catch yah. I\'ll probably leave around 8:00-8:05.

Now to sign-up haha!

mEtH
10-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Can someone print out an extra waiver? I got no ink :D

It\'s still in the mail, good ole eBay!

There\'s a shiny nickle in it for yah. :p

david3
10-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Yes I will bring a few copies of it because I know people will not have filled it out before hand.

Thanks for giving me directions. I didn\'t see that I could go straight to dixie the whole way on eastgate when I was looking at the map at first. Yahoo said if I took that exit I had to take a whole bunch of extra turns to get there, the damn thing should have a option for the \'simple\' route.

chimp
10-02-2004, 06:56 PM
methodyst since your from the area any idea on where a coin on might be? my car is going to be a mess when i pull in and was hoping there was a coin op to give the car a quick spray down so it looks good for the cruise. any suggestions?

mEtH
10-02-2004, 09:06 PM
There is a couple but they are not really too close to the highway.

The closest I can think of is mavis and central pkwy. If you are coming east on the 403, get off at mavis and make a right. It will be after the 3rd set of lights. You will pass rathburn and burnhamthorpe. There is a timmies across the street as well as a pioneer gas station (which are both on the left) and the coin-op will be on the right. It is a small coin-op i think its got room for only 4 cars. but that early on a sunday I doubt it will be busy. If it is busy you can drive a couple more blocks down to dundas (following the same way) and it will be right next to the canadian tire. All the others I can think of are too far from the highway. Unless you wanna just go through a touch-less at a gas station.

Winston Churchill make a left and there is a sunoco touch-less there.

Good luck

david3
10-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Yeah and since you are driving so far it might be a good idea to get gas too. :)

mEtH
10-03-2004, 12:25 AM
chimp I think the small coin-op isn\'t there anymore, I think its a full-serve car wash now. But if you just go down another block or 2 you will see Crappy Tire and there is a coin-op right next to it.

mEtH
10-03-2004, 02:00 AM
I don\'t know whats up but I have been trying to sleep for the past hour. I must be anxious or something. :zzz

wtom
10-03-2004, 02:18 AM
I\'m wide awake right now... 2:20am ... 500+ cars... this is gonna be insane!!!!!!!!!!

mEtH
10-03-2004, 02:55 AM
WIDE AWAKE!!!!! grrr, but I need my :zzz I should go clean my windows :D

bubba1983
10-03-2004, 03:09 AM
u think yoru Wide awake wtom..its 3am, i jus got home from the wedding....i might not sleep at all...i got to be on the road for 7am

mEtH
10-03-2004, 03:41 PM
That was some good fun. Nice to see you all again. Xenon I think this was something you would of wanted to attend. Can\'t wait to see all the pics especially RJ3\'s. It\'s alot easier to snag the pics when you\'re not driving.

oh and time for a nap now, that sun on that drive home plus traffic has made me exhausted.

bubba1983
10-03-2004, 04:21 PM
YOUR complaining about a nap? lol...

david3
10-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Awesome day guys.

mEtH
10-03-2004, 09:20 PM

YOUR complaining about a nap? lol...

I am not complaining about anything, I never slept the night before. That sun was just not helping matters at all.

wtom
10-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Holy crap that was an amazing experience! Just the number of cars and the type of cars that were there! TWO Skylines!!!! :)

I\'ve uploaded the photos my gf mostly took for me and posted the link (in the Pics and Vids forum);

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=713

Thanks to all members from Toronto Mazda3 who made it out despite the early time and LONG drive just to get to the pre-meet.

Also a big Thank You to TOProtege to let us cruise with them throughout the day.

And the grandest Thank You to C7Performance.com for an amazing job organizing and successfully handling over 500 cars!!!!!!

bubba1983
10-04-2004, 12:53 AM
i got home and i CRASHED....i was sooo tired...after such a rough morning, oh man....C7...we godda give you guys Props....wow....i can\'t congradulate you guys enuff.....TOprotege....allbeit, i was surprised with your small turnout of people....you guys were cool shit....and for TM3....great turnout...as warren stated, despite the EARLY morning...i\'m sure we were all tired...lord knows i was....godda love tailing the OPP@140km/h....

Newlook
10-04-2004, 01:05 AM

godda love tailing the OPP@140km/h....

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/nono.gif How did that happen? Did the OPP pull you over?

My friend once followed the OPP at 130km/h on the 407 and got pulled over... lol

bubba1983
10-04-2004, 04:18 AM
naw, never got pulled over...i was jus following him....i made hella good time too, from kitchener to dixie and aimco in 30min flat!!! lol, i was so tired, ask the guys....i had the look of death on me!

mEtH
10-04-2004, 08:32 AM
They have radar guns out the back too, it usually sits on the left side of their rear window.

wtom
10-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Heard some gossip about Club RSX having two accidents while leaving the Hockley Valley General Store grass space;

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=188729&page=15&pp=25

chimp
10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
what a sweet trip. it was good meeting all of you guys. still can\'t get over the 6 dollar sandwiches but it was all good. i went for a mini cruise my self after the meet and ended up 10kms from barrie but it was a good day. u wanna talk about a fast trip home... 2 hours flat. thats with traffic and long on lane construction section after london... great time i\'m looking forward to next year already.
here is the c7 link for there upload page. they were asking for the clubs to post a link to there pics check them out and give them the link from our club!

http://forums.c7performance.com/viewtopic.php?t=8971

wtom
10-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by chimp

here is the c7 link for there upload page. they were asking for the clubs to post a link to there pics check them out and give them the link from our club!

http://forums.c7performance.com/viewtopic.php?t=8971

chimp, thanks to roll with us during the Fall Tour! Glad to hear you had an awesome drive back home too! :)

I have personally posted a Thank You in the above thread. Second post on page 2.

Saphress
10-06-2004, 12:27 AM

Heard some gossip about Club RSX having two accidents while leaving the Hockley Valley General Store grass space;

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=188729&page=15&pp=25

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..... some stuff happend but everyone was sorted and worked out

dredd2099
10-06-2004, 12:36 AM

Holy crap that was an amazing experience! Just the number of cars and the type of cars that were there! TWO Skylines!!!! :)

I\'ve uploaded the photos my gf mostly took for me and posted the link (in the Pics and Vids forum);

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=713

Thanks to all members from Toronto Mazda3 who made it out despite the early time and LONG drive just to get to the pre-meet.

Also a big Thank You to TOProtege to let us cruise with them throughout the day.

And the grandest Thank You to C7Performance.com for an amazing job organizing and successfully handling over 500 cars!!!!!!

also
thank you paul for bringing this event to our attention
:p

wtom
10-06-2004, 12:06 PM

also
thank you paul for bringing this event to our attention
:p

Yes, thank YOU Paul to bring it to our attention and sorry we bailed on you for the pre-meet at almost last minute!

We couldn\'t find you at Hockley... we saw your Trix but no Paul...

dredd2099
10-06-2004, 05:03 PM
^heh, no worries mr warren
every1 had a good time ans was safe
thats the bottom line

had a $6 hotdog in the store
Crappy tire hotdog is actually bigger and better and cheaper
soup was $4, but it was country style good

wtom
10-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Hehe thx Paul! I didn\'t bother going to get food. I didn\'t want to miss out on all the cars that were parked/lined-up... it was our own private Darknights! :)

Glad the food wasn\'t TOO bad.