PDA

View Full Version : Car Pickup CheckList

RedRaptor
08-31-2004, 10:28 PM
I\'m taking delivery of my Sport GT this Thursday from the dealer. I\'m going to bring my dad along but what kind of things should I be checking for when picking it up?

With the 3 being my first car, I wouldn\'t mind getting some pointers from you guys & girls on things I should definately look at before accepting the car.

I guess things like body damage like scratches is one thing to spot, along with making sure the interior features work fine (radio, CD, horn, lights and etc).

Any tips would be appreciated.

david3
08-31-2004, 10:33 PM
Tire pressue and all fluids. Mine were still overinflated and my coolant is still lower than I\'d like it to be, about 1.5cm under the low mark.

dinu01
09-01-2004, 12:32 PM
There\'s a thread in I Just Got My Mazda3 on the other board that attmpts to put together a list.

The dealer will give you the pdi sheet to go over

FLIPDADY
09-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Where are you picking up your car? Usually your salesman goes over the car with you when you pick it up. Ask the salesperson to check everything before you drive away.

RedRaptor
09-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Flipspeed. I am picking up my car at Brampton Mazda. I\'ll ask the salesman to go over everything with me. Just wanted to double check a list since Brampton is a long drive and I would hate to have to go back over one silly thing.

I\'ll be bringing my car to Avante (Yonge & Steeles) for service tho. Heard really good things about you guys.

billyfo
09-01-2004, 08:15 PM
I don\'t know if I lucky or not, my family and I had several new cars and we actually let the dealer to do the PDI and didn\'t check them afterward, and we never had any problem for the cars, from different shade of paint like others, to mechanical problem or wrong tire pressure.:D

Xenon
09-01-2004, 10:15 PM
COOLENT!!! Check the level of coolent, newlook and I got gyped coolent. It was below the min line when HOT... so meaning it was really low.

RedRaptor
09-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. The salesman at Brampton Mazda was very good and went through everything with me. I would recommend Brampton Mazda as they have very very good service. Its too bad I live so far from Brampton so I can\'t service my car there. So Avante it is.

bluntman
09-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Did the salesperson show you how to check the windshield washer fluid level? Seriously, the Business Manager showed me how to properly do it, but when it came time for my dad to pick up his 3, he wasn\'t shown how to do it by another Business Manager (it is in the owner\'s manual, but being bought from the same dealership as mine you would that the same things would be covered).

RedRaptor
09-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Bluntman,

He told me that when the level is low the symbol inside the car will light up meaning that the windshield fluid is low. I didn\'t ask him that specific question, maybe I should have.

01AWW18T
09-03-2004, 11:09 AM
if any of you got rust proofing + underside body seal done, CHECK YOUR RIMS , markham mazda sprayed that stuff all over the insides of the rims when they sprayed the fender area. I made them clean that crap off b4 taking delivery, but still had to spend 2 hours cleaning the rims myself afterwards. Mothers Cleaner Paste wax will get that shit off real good :D

bluntman
09-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Bluntman,

He told me that when the level is low the symbol inside the car will light up meaning that the windshield fluid is low. I didn\'t ask him that specific question, maybe I should have.

It\'s just interesting to see how thorough some salespeople are when doing a \"walk around\" with a customer. Maybe my instance was just an anomoly because on my second visit he did say that he was just feeding off of my enthusiasm.

Don\'t worry about checking the windshield washer fluid level. On the cap of the reservoir there is a hole and like plugging the hole of a straw that\'s in your drink, plugging the hole with your finger will take some fluid up along with it when you lift the cap. Ingenious, no need for a dip stick and car makers can hide the fluid take out of the way.