PDA

View Full Version : Westowne Mazda

Xenon
09-03-2004, 02:45 AM
First of all, I would like to confirm that the discount at Westowne Mazda is indeed 10%. If you were to buy a lot of acessories/parts from them (more than one usually would) they may be willing to give you 15% with Niki\'s approval.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank them. They have taken two of our decals and will be putting them right on the front entrance of the showroom. This way we will have exposure to any potential and current Mazda3 owners.

In addition to that, Niki and one other salesman have agreed to give a mention of TM3 to anyone who buys a 3 from them. This is very very very good because Westone has won numerous awards for simply being the best Mazda dealership in southern ontario, not only in sales but in service and customer satisfaction. This brings them more traffic, and if they mention us, some of the traffic will filter to us :)

I\'m hoping this will help our club grow. Once again a special thanks to Niki for supporting our car club, with great enthusiasm.

snipe
09-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Cool, thanks for letting us know. I\'m going to ask Niki about that 15% discount when I show up there for my next oil change. Hopefully he remembers me :)

Derksen
10-05-2004, 12:52 PM
I had my 24K service done at Westowne on Friday. It was the only local shop that wasn\'t booked up for the next week. Some dealers where booked solid for 2 full weeks!!! Most of the shops were more expensive than Westowne by 20% or so.

Overall, my experience was a positive one. They did their job on time as promised. I asked if they would mind giving my baby a wash. It came out freakin sparkling! Even the rims!!!:) All of the brake dust was gone. Put a big smile on my face, especially consindering it was no charge!! I got the TM3 10% discount with no problems. I reccomend!

Firenze
10-05-2004, 10:02 PM
I\'ve heard a lot of good things about this dealer. I think I\'ll get my 3 from them next year.

Effin Itai
12-08-2004, 11:23 AM
I got my M3 at Westowne. Niki F. was my salesman. Very professional and didin\'t come off pushy at all. I would recomend them to anyone. Later:)

MGPWR
12-10-2004, 02:09 PM
I purchased my car from Niki at Westowne. The transaction was smooth from beginning to end. Niki was nice and easy going. Overall, he was amazing to deal with.

I got my car when promised. There was no delay. Since I had been through the car buying service before, I told him prior to picking up my car that I did not want rust proofing, extended warranty, etc. He did not attempt to upsell me on this which I appreciated because I read and heard about people at other dealerships being heavily pressured to buy these products/services.

I had been to other Mazda dealerships prior to going to Niki. And some of the experiences that I had at those places weren\'t very pleasant. Either I was pressured to buy on the spot or the sales person was playing games over how much he can sell the car for.

Although I can appreciate a good sales pitch, I was surprised at the extent to which some of the sales people I dealt with used \"hard\" sales tactics which, ultimately, only put me in a bad mood and made me not want to buy from that particular sales person.

I highly recommend buying from Niki because my car buying experience was very positive (and it should be considering one is buying a big ticket item!). As I mentioned earlier, it was smooth sailing from beginning to end. :)

Speedy
12-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Interesting postings. I wanted to buy my car from Westowne (my dad has bought 2 vans from them) but when I spoke with Niki he pretty much told me that he wouldn\'t give me any discount on the car/accessories because they were selling so quickly. He even said that it might take months to get my car and that I might even have to wait for the 2005 model.

:sarc

Xenon
01-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Speedy

Interesting postings. I wanted to buy my car from Westowne (my dad has bought 2 vans from them) but when I spoke with Niki he pretty much told me that he wouldn\'t give me any discount on the car/accessories because they were selling so quickly. He even said that it might take months to get my car and that I might even have to wait for the 2005 model.

:sarc

That\'s the truth.... Westowne Mazda was sold out of their 2004\'s (this includes all the one on their que) in July. Any Mazda3 ordered from Westowne after mid-July was either a 2005, or was obtained through a dealer swap.

Indusbreed
01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I would recommend Westowne Mazda to anyone. Service is excellant compared to some of the other dealership i have seen and dealt with.

Apart from the waiting time ( which No-one can help ), i was impressed by the level of service provided to us by the Sales Manager Albert.

Eric
01-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Indusbreed

I would recommend Westowne Mazda to anyone. Service is excellant compared to some of the other dealership i have seen and dealt with.

Apart from the waiting time ( which No-one can help ), i was impressed by the level of service provided to us by the Sales Manager Albert.

I agree. I picked up my car on Jan 10. They were very thorough. My salesman Doug personally washed my plates and had one of the shop technicians (Jay?) straighten them before transferring them to the new car. Westowne did most of the service on my previous car (MX-3) over the last 12 years, and I have always felt that I was being dealt with fairly.

thr33scompany
01-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Niki F. was also my salesman and i thought he was a very good salesman. Didn\'t seem too pushy nor did he jabber in your ear during the whole sale. They are on the ball at Westowne.
The service people know their stuff. I recommend talking to Ramesh when it comes to servicing your \"baby\" ;)

Newlook
01-26-2005, 05:12 PM
I went to Westowne today for an oil change. It was supposed to be 16K service but since I got the snow tires on, I told them just to do the oil change. When I asked about the 10% discount, the service advisor told me it only applies to service.... I was like... isn\'t oil change a service? He said no, only 8K, 16K or 24K manufacturer specified services only. Is this true?

I had the oil change and 19-point inspection done, $37 tax in.

MajesticBlueNTO
01-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

I went to Westowne today for an oil change. It was supposed to be 16K service but since I got the snow tires on, I told them just to do the oil change. When I asked about the 10% discount, the service advisor told me it only applies to service.... I was like... isn\'t oil change a service? He said no, only 8K, 16K or 24K manufacturer specified services only. Is this true?

if it was the oil change only, i think the price is set by mazda canada at $26.95 + tax

as for the use of semantics with \"service\"...that\'s pretty shady and ridiculous. any type of work performed in the Service Dept should be considered for the discount.

sounds like a dealer trying to weasel its way out of honouring its discount with TM3.

majic
01-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

if it was the oil change only, i think the price is set by mazda canada at $26.95 + tax

correct.. + $2 for ministry of environment - oil disposal fee and after taxes it\'s JUST over 33bux ($33.30)

Newlook
01-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by majic

correct.. + $2 for ministry of environment - oil disposal fee and after taxes it\'s JUST over 33bux ($33.30)

Westowne and Oakville both charge $1.

Xenon
01-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Newlook

I will be seeing Niki sometime in the near future, so I will ask him about the conditions of the discount. As far as I know, the discount should have been awarded.

FLIPDADY
01-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Unfortunately the Mazda Canada oil change special cannot be discounted. It is a set price from Mazda and no dealer can discount the price of $26.95. Now on services that\'s a different story. Parts and labour can be discounted in that case.

Eric
01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
I took my car in for an early oil change at about 1600 km. I wanted to switch to Mobil1 0w20 Synthetic Oil (I had brought my own oil for the change). I was told in no uncertain terms by the Service Manager (Ramesh) that Mazda did not reccomend synthetic oil. I pointed out the part of the label on the bottle saying that this oil was approved for 5w20 Ford and Honda applications. He said that they would put it in if I wanted, but if there were any engine problems in the future Mazda would not stand by their warranty. So basically I was told I was voiding my engine warranty by using synthetic oil!

I pressed him on what he thought the synthetic oil might do to the engine, and he just repeated that Mazda did not reccomemd synthetic oil and that if something broke or wore prematurely it would be my fault.

Has anyone else run into this? I was sure that I read somewhere that other delerships were doing synthetic oil changes (Avante maybe?).

I am of the opinion the Mobil1 is a better oil and better for the engine particularily in cold weather and that Mazda is forcing me down a road that could lead to shortened engine life (I keep my cars a long time).

Eric
02-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, it appears that I have to eat some crow.

I called Mazda Canada today and asked the question about synthetic oil. A very bright and personable young lady named Julie strongly confirmed Ramesh\'s statement about synthetic oil. She claimed that synthetic oil could very well damage the seals in the Mazda3 engine causing the motor to sieze. So once again, I say Westowne is a great place to take your Mazda3 for service.

If you do not agree with what I have learned about the Mazda3 and synthetic oil, don\'t yell at me, I am just the messenger. I encourage you to call Mazda Canada for yourself.

MajesticBlueNTO
02-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Eric

Well, it appears that I have to eat some crow.

I called Mazda Canada today and asked the question about synthetic oil. A very bright and personable young lady named Julie strongly confirmed Ramesh\'s statement about synthetic oil. She claimed that synthetic oil could very well damage the seals in the Mazda3 engine causing the motor to sieze. So once again, I say Westowne is a great place to take your Mazda3 for service.

If you do not agree with what I have learned about the Mazda3 and synthetic oil, don\'t yell at me, I am just the messenger. I encourage you to call Mazda Canada for yourself.

you\'re believing a first line customer call centre person? find another dealer that doesn\'t subscribe to the garbage they\'re feeding you.

Eric
02-01-2005, 09:12 PM
you\'re believing a first line customer call centre person? find another dealer that doesn\'t subscribe to the garbage they\'re feeding you.

Well... If you read my messages, I am believing the Service Manager at Westowne Mazda backed up by Mazda Canada. It was clear from the quick and firm response that they get this question a lot. I am not a petrochemical engineer, and having been told by the dealership and Mazda Canada now not to use synthetic oil I would be exposing myself to having no warranty if something went wrong. Even if that soemthing was going to go wrong anyway with regular oil.

Once again, I am just the messenger.

MajesticBlueNTO
02-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Eric

Well... If you read my messages, I am believing the Service Manager at Westowne Mazda backed up the Mazda Canada. It was clear from the quick and firm response that they get this question a lot. I am not a petrochemical engineer, and having been told by the dealership and Mazda Canada now not to use synthetic oil I would be exposing myself to having no warranty if something went wrong. Even if that soemthing was going to go wrong anyway with regular oil.

Once again, I am just the messenger.

the motorcraft stuff used at dealerships is semi-synthetic

think of synthetic oil as pure water and regular stuff as Coke. you can survive by drinking only Coke over pure water, but would you want to?

Eric
02-01-2005, 09:39 PM
the motorcraft stuff used at dealerships is semi-synthetic

think of synthetic oil as pure water and regular stuff as Coke. you can survive by drinking only Coke over pure water, but would you want to?

I am not arguing with you. I am only saying that given the corporate line, I do not feel I can safely go the synthetic oil route. I feel that Westowne Mazda gave me the right advice in terms of protecting myself in case I have a warranty engine problem. Please see my response in the Switching to Mobil1 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=745&page=2#21749) thread.

Peace.