PDA

View Full Version : Go Canada Go

jimdragon8
09-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Anyone catch the hockey game Saturday night, so many ups and downs!!! I figured Canada had the game locked up scoring with 5 minutes left, but 6 seconds later the Czechs tied it. And when Vinny scored that OT winner, that was awesome. :D I haven\'t been so excited about a hockey game in a while considering that there may not be any hockey after the World Cup:(

wtom
09-13-2004, 02:07 PM
I was at a bar/restaurant with some guys I play ice hockey with a few yrs ago and we were watching the game. Two of us predicted the game will go to OT... why else would it start at 6:30pm. :)

Overall though it seemed like the Czech-Republic were a much stronger force. I don\'t blame Luongo (he\'s got the same goalie pads as me!!!) but that third tying goal was a really bad goal.

Tuesday will be very interesting... and yeah, no NHL for quite a while. Gives us a chance to check out the minors at least... :p

Dr Butcher
09-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by wtomTuesday will be very interesting... and yeah, no NHL for quite a while. Gives us a chance to check out the minors at least... :p

I\'m going to have to get tickets for some OHL games to satisfy my hockey craving if there\'s no season.

Someone has to kick Bob Goodenow\'s ass, I think the NHL needs a salary structure, especially small market teams. Hell look at the NFL, so many good players move around in the off season because of salary cap restrictions, it creates parity in the league. As much as I\'d hate to see a player leave Toronto because he wouldn\'t fit under the salary cap, I think something has to be done with the way things are being run now.

I think Canada will show up tomorrow... My prediction: Canada 3 Finland 1.

majic
09-13-2004, 07:25 PM
I was sooooooooooooooooo pissed that day.. i was gonna see the game at my gf\'s house and i knew i\'d miss a bit of it so i tried to catch it on the radio.. guess what IT WASN\'T ON!!! ugh.. to make things worse.. i thought it started at 7.. like NORMAL hockey games do..

in any event i saw all the goals so that was important :D and daaaaaaamn it was a tight game from period 2 and on!!

i think it\'s going to be much closer than 3:1 (b/c i doubt brodeur will play and luongo ain\'t as sharp as kippy) and the lines are very close. I would say OT again 3:2 canada

jimdragon8
09-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Well Brodeur practiced for the second straight day so that is a good sign;) . Kipper who is second to Brodeur for GAA for the tourney, hopefully his GAA will inflate tonight!!:p I think if Canada is physical with the Finns, they have a good shot at winning. I think Koivu is the only guy on that team to watch. Go Canada 4-2 Final score, Lemieux will score the game winner and Lecavalier will score in the empty net!!!!:D

majic
09-14-2004, 10:13 PM
I got the right score.. except no OT.. boy what a game.. the finns shouldn\'t have even gotten the second goal - pretty crappy giveaway by neidermyer (why would you circle all the way back to your goal and the fumble it.. aaahh pass it up off the glass) oh well WE WON!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

umm.. so when will the NHL season resume - will it? :( :( :(

PS. umm.. yah smiley limit exceeded (8 smiles - wtf?)
PPS. Now iremoved the smilies and apperently i\'m flooding - have to wait a few more seconds .. gah