PDA

View Full Version : Letter admitting fault?

wtom
09-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Original issue posted here (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=469).

Okay, money is now not involved in the issue, so that WAS a scam.

A THIRD employee from Markham Mazda called me today regarding the broken odometer. They are really wanting a letter from my dad (signed) stating his knowing of the odometer being broken (dealership states that my dad personally mentioned the odom has been non-functional for a year) and stating approximately how many real kilometers should be on the car.

They called back a second time and left a voice msg (after I told them to stop calling me because my dad is taking the issue in his own hands) and this time the employee states that the Ministry of Transportation needs a copy as well of the said letter.

This is getting ridiculous.

1. We filled out the trade-in form in honesty. The odometer was working! My dad signed.
2. Markham Mazda performed appraisal on car, listed problems being bumper not lined properly, A/C not working, and something else, can\'t remember what it was exactly, but it was not the odometer.
3. Calling starts after a month post-delivery of the Mazda3. They call me and they call my dad. I told them the truth that the odometer was working when I handed the car over to them.
4. They tell me my dad had mentioned he was aware the odom was not working since a year ago. I asked my dad about this, he says he does not know (English is not his first language either).
5. Markham Mazda is now stuffing their fists down our throats pushing us to write this letter to admit our knowing of the odometer not working and faxing one copy to them and another to the Minstry.

MM states the wholesaler can and will sue us (my dad and myself I presume) if we do not write this letter and send it to MM.

Where would YOU go from here? Continue ignoring? I\'m worried that letter will do more harm on my behalf than good.

bluntman
09-15-2004, 03:09 PM
My suggestion would be to go straight to OMVIC (http://www.omvic.on.ca) and tell them your situation.

FLIPDADY
09-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Get in touch with my brother he may be able to give you some legal advise.

416-649-000 Ask for Joe Montano

Snipes
09-16-2004, 07:35 AM
Hey Flip, your phone number is missing a digit.

bluntman
09-16-2004, 07:48 AM
And his brother has the same name...kind of like the brothers Larry, Darryl and Darryl from Newhart?

MajesticBlueNTO
09-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

And his brother has the same name...kind of like the brothers Larry, Darryl and Darryl from Newhart?

\"i\'m larry and this is my brother darryl, and my other brother darryl\"

i don\'t think most of the people on this board are old enough to remember Newhart.

\"...it was all a dream...\"

FLIPDADY
09-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Snipes

Hey Flip, your phone number is missing a digit.
Yeah my parents decided to be original and name me and my bro the same.:sarc

Sorry the number is 416-649-0000.

bluntman
09-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

\"i\'m larry and this is my brother darryl, and my other brother darryl\"

i don\'t think most of the people on this board are old enough to remember Newhart.

\"...it was all a dream...\"

Boy do I feel old.

teambedlam
09-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN
Originally posted by bluntman And his brother has the same name...kind of like the brothers Larry, Darryl and Darryl from Newhart? \"i\'m larry and this is my brother darryl, and my other brother darryl\" i don\'t think most of the people on this board are old enough to remember Newhart. \"...it was all a dream...\" Boy do I feel old.

I remember watching that episode and saying. \"Hey they did that on Dallas\".

Now who feels old