PDA

View Full Version : Shifter got stuck!!

crasth
11-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Today everything seemed normal until my shifter got stuck at a light. While in neutro it wouldnt move left or right, only would go into third and hardly into fourth. I put my hazards on to let people know something was wrong but of course everybody honked at me. After pulling to a side street in 3rd gear. I applied a lil bit of force and i heard a click, it started to move normally but now it gets kinda stuck when u move the shifter to the sides. What could this be?

Mr Wilson
11-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Running any sort of short shifter, or short shift plate?

Did you pop the hood and look at the shift linkage?

Pop the boot and panel around the shifter in the car, and look?

SomeGuy
11-24-2014, 12:26 PM

This, check it out...there's two cables, one that moves forward back to go into gear and one that moves side to side to select gear. Chances are that side to side one is binding up somewhere.

crasth
11-24-2014, 12:45 PM

Nope, its all stock. And it just happened omw to get an alignment so havent checked anything. I dont know where that is tbh? Should i take it to the mechanic or is it easy enough to do it myself. Not too much experience on fixing cars but im not retarded either lol

Fack_Dude
11-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Nope, its all stock. And it just happened omw to get an alignment so havent checked anything. I dont know where that is tbh? Should i take it to the mechanic or is it easy enough to do it myself. Not too much experience on fixing cars but im not retarded either lol

Your syncros are facked.

mickey_g
11-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Check the cables inside first then check the shift plate...that should be directly under the intake. Google is your best friend