PDA

View Full Version : Automatic lights switch

Black3
09-22-2004, 09:58 PM
anyone having issues with the automatic lights?
in the mornings, my nighttime lights are on, and it does not switch to the DRL\'s
anyone have the same problem?

civiclad
09-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Nope, no problems or issues with the automatic lights.

bluntman
09-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Black3

in the mornings, my nighttime lights are on, and it does not switch to the DRL\'s

What happens in bright sunlight (during the day), do your headlights switch to DRL?

Black3
09-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Originally posted by Black3

What happens in bright sunlight (during the day), do your headlights switch to DRL?

no, the lights remain in \"evening/night\" mode.
i have inspected the sensor, not much to inspect, but its clean free from dust.
damn intermittent problems.

Xenon
09-24-2004, 12:22 AM
that\'s weird....

you don\'t have anything covering the little dimple in the centre of your dash do you?

that is a secondary sensor for the headlights.

Black3
09-24-2004, 01:13 PM
all clean -- oh well -- i will keep monitoring the lights.

MAZDA Kitten
09-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

that\'s weird....

you don\'t have anything covering the little dimple in the centre of your dash do you?

that is a secondary sensor for the headlights.

where is the main sensor located then?

majic
09-25-2004, 12:34 AM
i believe its that patch over your rearview mirror (same part that senses the rain) if i\'m not mistaken..

Black3
09-25-2004, 10:43 AM
there is alos a little bump in the middle of your dash, close to the windshield

Xenon
09-26-2004, 02:38 AM
our Aut-Headlights work using data input from two sensors...

First is in the Rain-Sensing Wiper unit behind the rear-view mirror. This sensor looks forward and mesures light.

Second sensor is the little dimple in the middle of the dash. This looks directly up to measure light.

This system comes in handy because if the secondary sensor sees that it\'s dark, but the main sensor sees light, it comes to the conclusion that you are in a tunnel or under a bridge, so it doesn\'t activate your headlight.

Obviously if light conditions are low enough or you go through a long enough tunnel, there may be enough light absent to trigger the sensor anyways.

jlefk44
10-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Hey,

I\'ve had some intermittent delays with the sensors but overall things are ok. I\'m thinking that maybe they\'re just cheap sensors.

Cheers...

bubba1983
10-29-2004, 06:17 AM
its like a computer...if something is wrong....either wait, or restart...a restart fixes everything....just be patient...prolly takes a lil while for it to register the light change on some freak occasions...i knwo i had the same thing sometimes....but liek i said, its like a computer....jus kick it....lol