PDA

View Full Version : P2187 reading

Lileminem
01-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Hey so I've noticed an engine light on ever since I had a cold air intake installed. Not sure if it has anything to do with the intake itself but I've had a P2187 reading on ever since. Now my problem is this could be many reasons. Is there any way I can find out what the actual issue here is? What would you guys do? Just trial and error? And if so, what would you start with? I need help trying to fix this engine light. Btw it idles really rough sometimes to the point where the engine is pushing my car forward and I've tried clearing the code but it just keeps coming up

ricola
01-04-2015, 11:43 PM
Did you make sure there was enough slack for the maf wiring? A lot of people run into issues and have to replace the maf because of tension on the wires when installing a cai.

cwp_sedan
01-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Sounds like stretched MAF wires to me. Then again it could be a number of things.

ricola
01-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Sounds like stretched MAF wires to me. Then again it could be a number of things.
That's what happened to me. One of the wires was ripped out. 5 bucks for a maf harness at Nicklin auto wreckers in Guelph and I had it hooked back up in a half hour.

tweak_s
01-08-2015, 02:46 PM
As others have said, the MAF wires are a high possibility.

For myself, it was a bit more complex... I needed a Purge valve solenoid. That fixed it a while, then I needed something relating to an O2 sensor - its been a while so i don't remember exactly sorry - but I do remember Jimmy from SP had a fun time diagnosing this one for me.

cwp_sedan
01-08-2015, 03:47 PM
As others have said, the MAF wires are a high possibility.

For myself, it was a bit more complex... I needed a Purge valve solenoid. That fixed it a while, then I needed something relating to an O2 sensor - its been a while so i don't remember exactly sorry - but I do remember Jimmy from SP had a fun time diagnosing this one for me.

+1. I hade a purge valve issue that through this code also but if it only happened after the intake install I would say the MAF is the issue. Unless it's a complete coincidence.

st4chu
08-01-2015, 08:33 PM
+1. I hade a purge valve issue that through this code also but if it only happened after the intake install I would say the MAF is the issue. Unless it's a complete coincidence.

Purge valve is the issue it happened on my speed6 what i did is bought accetone and poured in purge valve and shake it for some time and then drain the crap out of it and my cel was gone from this point btw gad 2188 code which is similar as both of them are about lean and rich at ide