PDA

View Full Version : TM3 Meet #7 Will Be the Last Meet of 2004

Xenon
09-26-2004, 02:55 AM
As per tradition, all TM3 Meets are scheduled for the last Saturday of the month. Meet #7 will be the last meet of 2004. There are a few reasons for this:

1) A December meet falls around the Christmas Season not many people will show.
2) The weather will be cold, we will not have the luxury of being outside to stand around and talk.
3) Possible snow creates unsafe driving conditions.

During the winter, we will have perhaps two or three meets during the snowy months. These meets will be held indoors (say a restaurant). TM3 Touques (which are currently in the works) will be distributed as of the Meet #7 in November and throughout the snowy months at the occasional meets.

These meets during the snowy months will be discussed on the forums and a time, date and location will be determined. These snowy month meets will be exempt of the TM3 Meet Location Schedule.

As with any decision, this decision not to have regular meets in the winter/snowy months can be overturned by a vote of 51% or higher. Voting will close at 4:00 PM, the day of Meet #7, in November.

billyfo
09-26-2004, 03:08 PM
for sure, X\'mas time will have less ppl to come to the meet, I may go to vacation if I have time and of course $$.

and in winter time, cruising together is quite dangerous, you don\'t know what will happen. Indoor meet will be a great idea, just read TorStar, Vaugan (sp??) Mill Mall will be opened at Nov, and will have a go cart track, although not sure if it is indoor track, but some good idea, Xenon, racing event??

wtom
09-27-2004, 03:49 PM
I\'m still interested in the idea of one big get together for an afternoon of skiing/snowboarding at one of the nearby slopes as an official Toronto Mazda3 car club event. Your Mazda3 is optional (we can car-pool in the cars that have snow-tires). :)

It\'d be a one day event unless we get a majority vote for over-nighter.

Xenon
09-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Ooooo.. I\'ll take my WRX out :p Rally all the way there :D

Unless you people have a problem with a WRX at one of our events....

The plate doesn\'t say XENONS WRX or anything :p

majic
09-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by wtom

I\'m still interested in the idea of one big get together for an afternoon of skiing/snowboarding at one of the nearby slopes as an official Toronto Mazda3 car club event. Your Mazda3 is optional (we can car-pool in the cars that have snow-tires). :)

It\'d be a one day event unless we get a majority vote for over-nighter.

and we can get a deal on ski/snowboard lifts and rentals.. let\'s DO IT!! :D

chimp
10-04-2004, 06:39 PM
a possible winter idea would be a day of go karting. the ontariomr2club i know they always organize a full day at a go cart track. i never made it to one when i was a member last year but i think it is a good idea. they have done it a few times so i assume more ppl think its a good idea. just a suggestion. i know my 3 will be parked for the winter so i won\'t be cruising in the winter beater thats for sure :D

teambedlam
10-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by majic and we can get a deal on ski/snowboard lifts and rentals.. let\'s DO IT!! :D

I\'m game. Although i wouldn;t be actually skiing. I\'ll gladly be the captain of the Chalet beer drinking team. That is assumimg it\'s an over nighter. :)

bubba1983
10-13-2004, 06:01 PM
the CAPITAN!!! oh buddy....you best be carefull what you say CAPITAN..or else imma take over your ship....and make you swab your OWN deck..

teambedlam
10-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983 the CAPITAN!!! oh buddy....you best be carefull what you say CAPITAN..or else imma take over your ship....and make you swab your OWN deck..

err i was using captain in the hockey team sense.... not the pirate sense..... mainlt because i look stupid in a pirates costume

mEtH
10-13-2004, 06:52 PM
arghhhh....

bluntman
10-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Watch, he probably has a \"puffy shirt\" in his closet too. :p

Ever notice how easily we get sidetracked in almost all threads in this forum?

teambedlam
10-13-2004, 09:03 PM
i can safely say i never got on the puffy shirt band wagon. as for thread retention......thats our ADD kicking in... ohh shiny penny..... oh birdy....

billyfo
11-28-2004, 05:01 PM
so what\'s our verdict? mini-meet or not?

S.F.W.
11-28-2004, 08:02 PM
I am pro mini meet

david3
11-28-2004, 09:25 PM
i\'m in for west side mini meets, will be busy and probably won\'t be able to spend time driving to the east. :\\

wtom
11-29-2004, 02:32 AM
I\'m up for mini meets like I\'ve previously mentioned. Of course it won\'t be like our regular meets; standing around outside, unless we choose to go skiing/snowboarding, but just have a dinner together, wings, etc. it\'s all good.

How\'s everyone\'s schedule? Would one of the Saturdays in mid-January 05 be good for those interested to get together for a dinner at a central-TO buffet place?

bubba1983
11-29-2004, 09:05 AM
did somebody jsu say BUFFET?
SCORE!
*raises arm in air*

BETRTHNU
11-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I\'m in for a buffet or wings night....or we could go to montana\'s on a wed night for all you can eat ribs...mmmmmmmmm

billyfo
11-29-2004, 05:54 PM
I think everyone will skip weekend on Dec:D . I may be off 2 weeks from dec 24 to jan 9, so anyday day or night will be good.

ski or snowboard not my type, cause don\'t know how to:p and I have to buy jacket and pants to snow.

Xenon
11-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Skiing will be nice... I\'d be in for that. Just make it before Dec 22 (I\'m on vacation after that) or perhaps Reading week?

wtom
11-30-2004, 11:35 AM
I did state mid-January if anything because I\'m out of the country from Dec 19 to Jan 6th anyway. That and I don\'t think it\'ll be much fun trying to ski or snowboard in the next two or three weeks. :(