PDA

View Full Version : TM3 Car Club Meet #6 Time Change

Xenon
09-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Please vote on whether you want a night time meet. This poll applies to Meet #6 only. A specific time will be discussed if the vote passes.

Vote needs 50% approval or more to pass. Poll will be considered closed at 11:59 PM, October 24, 2004. Votes will be counted and a decision reached. Although people can vote after this date, their vote will not count. I do not want to lock this thread since we can use it to discuss the time of the meet if the vote passes.

firstmazda
09-27-2004, 02:41 PM
I\'d prefer the 4:00 meet, just \'cause I know I\'m working midnights that weekend.

Unless of course we end the night cruise before 11 at the hospital!

Ray

wtom
09-27-2004, 03:54 PM
I think by that time we can meet even at 6pm and it\'ll be dark out already, no? Too bad the clocks don\'t turn back an hour until the 31st (?) this year.

bubba1983
09-27-2004, 04:04 PM
nloody work, i can\'t make it to this one....but i\'lll cast my vote anyways...

aabase
09-28-2004, 12:55 AM
i prefer 4pm to night time. as long as its not weekdays. i have to work you know to pay for my bills and for my mazda3. :) :p :)

MazdaTree
09-28-2004, 01:06 AM
just keep in mind if we do wanna have a night meet next time we do need to have it in a well lit area if we want to take like big group pictures of all the cars...

super_vixen
09-28-2004, 09:05 AM
I vote for regular time of 4pm...that way we can get photos, and I find it easier, especially if I\'m travelling from Oshawa to Mississauga.

Seeing as how I know we want some big group photos, I\'d be happy to come with my EOS and tripod

Dr Butcher
09-28-2004, 10:28 AM
A weeknight I\'d be all for a later meet, but weekends I\'d rather have it at the usual time. It\'s perfect for getting some stuff done in the morning /early afternoon and gives most of us a chance to get home in time to make dinner and take care of any plans later in the evening. A 7:00 meet kind of puts a damper on anything you want to do later in the evening and makes anyone with dinner plans have to rush around beforehand to get that taken care of.

dredd2099
09-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by super_vixen

Seeing as how I know we want some big group photos, I\'d be happy to come with my EOS and tripod

u got an EOS and tripod
i suggest the f-stop feature
the lights are sufficient at KC area as well

then again, from Oshawa
i see the why u want it earlier as well

:D

heh, im just used to night time meets
:p

Xenon
09-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

A weeknight I\'d be all for a later meet, but weekends I\'d rather have it at the usual time. It\'s perfect for getting some stuff done in the morning /early afternoon and gives most of us a chance to get home in time to make dinner and take care of any plans later in the evening. A 7:00 meet kind of puts a damper on anything you want to do later in the evening and makes anyone with dinner plans have to rush around beforehand to get that taken care of.

Just a reminder... this poll/vote applies to Upcoming Meet #6 ONLY. The change is not permanent.

Although... we could compromise with both... have a meet at 4... I don\'t mind sticking around until 7 and then hoasting a second meet at 7... So for those who want an afternoon meet can come in the afternoon and those who want an evening meet can come in the evening...

...Just a suggestion

mEtH
09-28-2004, 04:35 PM
HAHA, shift work!

wtom
09-28-2004, 04:57 PM

I vote for regular time of 4pm...that way we can get photos, and I find it easier, especially if I\'m travelling from Oshawa to Mississauga.

Don\'t worry super_vixie, I\'ll be leading the East-side members from Kennedy Commons (3pm pre-meet, cruising together at 3:15pm) to AMC Courtney Park. The drive won\'t be a problem. I would be taking the 401 back to McCowan Road after the meet to head home also. Cruise to, Cruise back. :)

I keep a tripod in my car as well as the camera just in case I find myself in a nice location in the evenings/nights.

dredd2099
09-28-2004, 07:48 PM
mr lawrence is hardcore

Xenon
09-28-2004, 08:09 PM
I love my car... what can i say. I\'m one proud 3 owner.

super_vixen
09-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Don\'t worry super_vixie, I\'ll be leading the East-side members from Kennedy Commons (3pm pre-meet, cruising together at 3:15pm) to AMC Courtney Park. The drive won\'t be a problem. I would be taking the 401 back to McCowan Road after the meet to head home also. Cruise to, Cruise back. :)

I keep a tripod in my car as well as the camera just in case I find myself in a nice location in the evenings/nights.

You\'re dedicated, like me Warren. It\'s no problem driving to the meet, its just easier timing wise because of the little one...overall time isn\'t a big issue with me, its making sure he\'s looked after, and possibly having good light to take photos.

mEtH
09-29-2004, 11:22 PM
http://sirsudsalot.no-ip.com/matrix/lights.jpg

I thought this was kinda kewl.

dredd2099
09-30-2004, 05:08 PM
^heh, sum1 visits the trix site eh?

wtom
10-04-2004, 12:20 PM
With the current results (10 votes against 10 votes) it looks like we\'ll have to have an extended meet. 4pm until 8pm. :D

bubba1983
10-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

http://sirsudsalot.no-ip.com/matrix/lights.jpg

I thought this was kinda kewl.

WOAH, thats super HAWT!

bubba1983
10-06-2004, 05:18 PM
double post...i can\'t make to this meet...unfortunately i have to work booo

Xenon
10-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Since the vote is a tie, and has been for almost a week, does anyone mind if we just make it an extended meet?

You can either meet up at 4 PM or 7 PM.

mEtH
10-13-2004, 12:12 AM
I\'ll be there at 4pm and just hang out. It is getting dark very quick so I don\'t mind hanging out the whole time. Got no other plans for that day. I will only need some food and at some point in the day. :p

Xenon you gonna be around at like 7ish? In the other thread it says you wont.

bubba1983
10-13-2004, 10:07 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOo this sucks, a super long meet...i would have SO loved to come....grrr, stupid work!

Xenon
10-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

Xenon you gonna be around at like 7ish? In the other thread it says you wont.

The latest I can stay is 7:15. I have a DJ gig that night, and it starts at 8, so I have to be there early to finish setting up.

If you are worried about the toques... if you could show up by 6:45, that would be most appreciated.