PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a part

ecbehrens
04-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Trying to find the part number for this item. Its where the Trunk cover clips to on the rear left of the car behind the back seat (plastic pin sticks out and it broke). I believe I have to replace the whole plastic cover, I just can't find a Mazda part number to start looking for a new one.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

ecbehrens
04-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Trying to find the part number for this item. Its where the Trunk cover clips to on the rear left of the car behind the back seat (plastic pin sticks out and it broke). I believe I have to replace the whole plastic cover, I just can't find a Mazda part number to start looking for a new one.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Here's a pic of what I'm taking about.
http://s18.postimg.org/tm5yd0d95/Trunk_Pin.jpg

staax
04-15-2015, 09:39 AM
Do you have the broken piece? Can you glue it back on?

I'f not can you find somethig to replace it? If its a newer car I'd understand you would want to replace the whole panel... Just trying to save you a couple bucks.

ecbehrens
04-15-2015, 09:42 AM
I tried to glue it on yesterday, used gorilla super glue. It couldnt handle the snap back in and came right off again. I think the oart number is 68-273A i emailed airport mazda for a price quote, waiting for a reply.

ecbehrens
04-15-2015, 09:46 AM
Sorry 68-273Y for left side. Jim Ellis mazda parts has it for about $40 online so its not that bad i think.

Thrizzl3
04-15-2015, 10:45 AM
Call airport mazda directly? I talk to paul on the phone and i find it much easier than emailing.

XTOTHEL
04-15-2015, 10:54 AM
While we're on the topic of interior trims...anyone know the part number for the 3rd brake light cover (not the unit itself) on 2010 speeds? Or if they would fit a GX? Trying to get rid of my third brake light.

ecbehrens
04-15-2015, 11:08 AM
While we're on the topic of interior trims...anyone know the part number for the 3rd brake light cover (not the unit itself) on 2010 speeds? Or if they would fit a GX? Trying to get rid of my third brake light.
You want to cover it up? Is it not possible to just remove the whole thing? I think it would look weird with it covered.

XTOTHEL
04-15-2015, 12:02 PM
You want to cover it up? Is it not possible to just remove the whole thing? I think it would look weird with it covered.

I have a GX hatch, right now there is an extrusion where third brake light is to mould around it. For speeds, the brake light is on the spoiler, so I assume that piece must not have that extrusion.

CRS Automotive Oakville
04-28-2015, 01:07 PM
What about welder for plastic? That can maybe do the job.