PDA

View Full Version : Wait time for 2005 Mazda3?

wtom
10-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Just curious for those of you ordering the 2005 Mazda3\'s... how long is the wait time before taking delivery? I\'ve heard two weeks...

Dr Butcher
10-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Warren, that sounds about right. I\'ve heard a few places the \'05 models will be out at the end of October early November. It shouldn\'t be too long into November at the latest I\'d assume.

2 weeks to a month I\'d say.

majic
10-13-2004, 11:45 AM
I talked to Cecil at achilles (very nice guy) and he said if it\'s anywhere in Tdot area (other dealer) he can get it in 2 weeks.. otherwise 6-8wks if it has to be custom tailored ;)

AfterBurner
10-13-2004, 02:03 PM
I just ordered mine on the ninth of october and the dealer said that with my config (GS, Power package, 5MT, Titanium) it would be two months!!!! I got him to check for the carbon grey and black colours and am awaiting his reply.

Xenon
10-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by majic

I talked to Cecil at achilles (very nice guy) and he said if it\'s anywhere in Tdot area (other dealer) he can get it in 2 weeks.. otherwise 6-8wks if it has to be custom tailored ;)

Originally posted by AfterBurner

I just ordered mine on the ninth of october and the dealer said that with my config (GS, Power package, 5MT, Titanium) it would be two months!!!! I got him to check for the carbon grey and black colours and am awaiting his reply.

Both of those estimates sound very very very generous.

When I went to Westowne Mazda for my 16K service, i spoke to one of the Sales Reps.

This info is westowne specific, but...

They sold out of all the 04 inventory (whether on the lot or still to come from japan) in July 04. So if you ordered a mazda3 from Westowne in July 04, you\'d be buying a 2005. The 2005 models would not reach westowne until November.

So, basically if you ordered your car in July, you\'d be waiting 4 months for your 05 mazda3. not to mention that more and more orders would eb coming in, so by August 04, the waiting list was nearly 5 months.

Now to be more specific to one of our members, wtom, he wants a 5 spd, Winning blue Mazda3 Sport GT. A very hot item. Chances are there are none left in the GTA, sitting on the lots. (that rules out majic\'s 2 week wait). Assuming (for the sake of arguement) taht he orders his car in October. Every month between July and november there is an additional one month wait since there are no new mazda3\'s coming in that are not sold.

So July is 4 months, August is 5 months, September is 6 Months, October is 7 months. poor wtom, orders his car in october, doesn\'t get his car until May of next year.

Now this is all theory. As soon as the 05\'s start rolling in, waiting lists will be shorter because cars are coming in. But a 4 month wait for his 2005 Winning Blue Mazda3 Sport GT 5 Speed will be of no surprise to me. (IF he baught it from Westowne). perghaps lower volume dealers like Ajax or Oakville or something, they will have much shorter waiting lists.

Melenium
10-13-2004, 03:42 PM
I ordered my Mazda3 5sp TiGrey GT/GFX Sedan in mid September and they said I should be getting one from the Sept production run (arriving in November). They said they had the exact car but in Vel-Red arriving from the Aug run (available in Oct), but I stuck with the TiGrey. I spoke to them at the end of September and was told that they had \"located\" a car for November for me. No VIN or anything yet though. I sure hope that they\'ll stick to the story -- I want my car! :D

Has anyone received their \'05 in Toronto yet?

wongpres
10-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Melenium

I ordered my Mazda3 5sp TiGrey GT/GFX Sedan in mid September and they said I should be getting one from the Sept production run (arriving in November). They said they had the exact car but in Vel-Red arriving from the Aug run (available in Oct), but I stuck with the TiGrey. I spoke to them at the end of September and was told that they had \"located\" a car for November for me. No VIN or anything yet though. I sure hope that they\'ll stick to the story -- I want my car! :D

Has anyone received their \'05 in Toronto yet?

Yes, the first shipment of \'05\'s have arrived to Toronto dealerships.

What Xenon said about Westowne is interesting - I haven\'t been to Westowne since my last oil change in July, but will be heading there within a couple of weeks. I bought my car from Niki and also get it serviced there because Westowne has oil & filter vouchers that cost $99 for 6 changes. I\'ll talk to Niki when I get there but I\'m pretty sure they have some cars (whether or not they\'ve already been sold though is another story).

Kci
10-13-2004, 04:30 PM
I ordered my 05 a month and a half ago, from what my salesman told me, he couldn\'t get my car (white GT sedan 5 spd GFX) until the 2nd shipment of cars which is mid-late November. The first shipment has already arrived.

billyfo
10-13-2004, 05:53 PM
4 mths for an Japanese compact car?? this is the 1st time I have ever heard. I think only European cars have to wait 3 mths after you sign the contract.

teambedlam
10-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by majic I talked to Cecil at achilles (very nice guy) and he said if it\'s anywhere in Tdot area (other dealer) he can get it in 2 weeks.. otherwise 6-8wks if it has to be custom tailored ;)

Cecil is awesome. He snagged my car from another dealer even before i signed the papers. I\'d recommend him and Achillies anyday. Mind you the drive to acton is a bit harder since i moved to Scarberia

PiCASSO
10-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Well, I haven\'t finalized the deal, but my 2005 Mazda3 Sport GT (Winning Mica Blue with Leather) will be waiting for me on Saturday morning (trading in my 2002 Honda Civic Si). As far as waiting time, I placed a downpayment on Saturday and Tuesday they found the car (long weekend). In the mean time, I\'m trying to keep my enthusiasm to an all time low... that way I\'ll be able to sleep each evening without having to think about my new car.

Dr Butcher
10-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by PiCASSO

Well, I haven\'t finalized the deal, but my 2005 Mazda3 Sport GT (Winning Mica Blue with Leather) will be waiting for me on Saturday morning (trading in my 2002 Honda Civic Si). As far as waiting time, I placed a downpayment on Saturday and Tuesday they found the car (long weekend). In the mean time, I\'m trying to keep my enthusiasm to an all time low... that way I\'ll be able to sleep each evening without having to think about my new car.

Welcome to the forum!

Good job on the find and quick pickup. wtom will be so jealous!

In 2005, Mica Blue is the new Titanium Grey. :p

AfterBurner
10-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Got Some good news yesterday. My two month wait for my 05\' GS in titanium got shortened to 2 weeks thanks to the efforts of my salesguy. Originally (in my post above) I said that it would take 2 months but my salesguy found one in Vancouver and got the dealership there to ship it to Toronto. Westcoast will get the 05\'s well before Toronto since they are closer to Japan. So check with your salesguy or gal and ask them if they can find your car on the West coast. It might be different for you since my config is not that popular. To think I would have had to wait 2 months and now I can barely wait 2 weeks. HaHa.

Melenium
10-14-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by AfterBurner

Got Some good news yesterday. My two month wait for my 05\' GS in titanium got shortened to 2 weeks thanks to the efforts of my salesguy. Originally (in my post above) I said that it would take 2 months but my salesguy found one in Vancouver and got the dealership there to ship it to Toronto. Westcoast will get the 05\'s well before Toronto since they are closer to Japan. So check with your salesguy or gal and ask them if they can find your car on the West coast. It might be different for you since my config is not that popular. To think I would have had to wait 2 months and now I can barely wait 2 weeks. HaHa.

Your config is not all that popular? I\'d think most of the sedans are GS w/pp, air, and of course TiGrey :P

Wouldn\'t a dealership in Vancouver want that car? You\'d think that they would prefer to trade locally eh? Well, congrats all the same!

AfterBurner
10-14-2004, 03:23 PM

Your config is not all that popular? I\'d think most of the sedans are GS w/pp, air,
and of course TiGrey :P

Really??? I would have thought the GT is the most popular since practically everybody on this board has it. I guess since we are all mazda3 enthusiasts here the GS with PP and air would appeal to the larger masses. Though mine is a 5MT and not the auto.

BETRTHNU
10-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Gyro Mazda said my Winning Blue GT sedan with MT, leather and spoiler would be in late October.

Melenium
10-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Spoke to the dealership today... My September production 3 has arrived on Canadian soil! Its sitting at port in Vancouver right now. Got the VIN, and the dealer said it should be here in 2-3 weeks-- so for anyone who was promised a Sept car, they\'re homeward bound! :)

Indusbreed
10-19-2004, 10:12 AM
My Dealer is saying i will get mine in JAN. I booked last week. He said he will try to locate one for me but considering how things are i doubt it.

swales
10-19-2004, 01:13 PM
I know your salesperson is suppose to do all the work but I recommend you try and track down the car you\'re looking for. Back when I ordered my car I was told it would take a couple of months for the exact car I wanted, so I asked if they could try and track one down for me from another dealership and they said they would try. The only thing is the salesperson isn\'t really going to try that hard if they know you won\'t find one at another local dealer because you\'ll most likely just wait and give them the sale, so why would they waste their time looking when they could be trying to sell more cars (this applies unless you\'ve got an awesome salesperson). So what I did was, call almost all the dealers in Ontario looking for my car...lol...and I had at least a dozen salespeople looking for my car all at once. Within two days a dealer found the car I wanted, so I went back to my local salesperson and told them to transfer the car here or I will go buy elsewhere....2 days later, I picked up my new car :D

torpedo20
10-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Indusbreed

My Dealer is saying i will get mine in JAN. I booked last week. He said he will try to locate one for me but considering how things are i doubt it.

The same deal here - just yesterday I booked Mazda 3 GT TitGray with AT - the dealership says that ETA is at least in JAN\'05.

No bigge, I can wait ;)

firstmazda
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by torpedo20

- the dealership says that ETA is at least in JAN\'05.

No bigge, I can wait ;)

Can\'t wait huh?? I had to wait 5 weeks and I said no biggie!
Ha! after 10 days i was ready to hang myself!!

Indusbreed
10-19-2004, 07:44 PM

The same deal here - just yesterday I booked Mazda 3 GT TitGray with AT - the dealership says that ETA is at least in JAN\'05.

No bigge, I can wait ;)

Have you figured out the insurance for the ride? I am still looking.

Melenium
10-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by firstmazda

Can\'t wait huh?? I had to wait 5 weeks and I said no biggie!
Ha! after 10 days i was ready to hang myself!!

Yeah, I ordered mid-Sept, and have been ok until now.. but I\'m definately starting to go stir crazy!

MazdaTree
10-19-2004, 11:01 PM
they arrived at prima i saw them not a difference at all!
altho i did see that purpleish blue in the sport

Melenium
10-20-2004, 02:22 AM
What production run is it thats arriving now? I thought that there\'s only one shipment per month across the ocean, which should mean just one batch arrives in the city in a given week or so?

torpedo20
10-20-2004, 11:34 PM

No bigge, I can wait ;)

Have you figured out the insurance for the ride? I am still looking.

Yeap, I have a few insurance companies lined up - in a couple of \'em they\'re asking a VIN# to calculate the exact rate. There are a few places you can start from;On the web you can get quotes from RBC insurance, TD insurance, InsuranceHotline.com and etc.

FLIPDADY
10-21-2004, 03:37 PM
PC Insurance was the cheapest I found out there. I got a quote from my exsisting RBC account and it was ridiculous. So I\'m switching my home and auto to PC.

BETRTHNU
10-25-2004, 02:04 PM
I just called gyro mazda and they told me my car will be in forst week of november....boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

wtom
10-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Dang, Peter, sorry to hear... don\'t wait til first week of November tho, some of these dealerships you seriously gotta push them to do what you want them to do.

Melenium
10-26-2004, 12:03 AM
First of November is only a week away though! Just think, 7 days.. 168 hours.. 10,080 minutes..

If you\'re in the middle of midterm hell right now, I hate to say it, but its not far enough away :(

Back to the books I go :sarc

AfterBurner
10-26-2004, 11:20 AM
I have been away from the boards for the past couple days as I was having fun in my 3 which I received this past saturday. It took exactly 2 weeks from the day I signed to the day I picked it up. The car is an \'05 by the way. And believe it or not but I got it from Morningside Mazda. I actually got great service contrary to what I have seen on this board. Mind you that it was sales service and not car service. Got free wheel locks and it wasn\'t even part of the deal.

Indusbreed
10-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Congrats Afterburner.

Post some pics. Is it S or HB?

abc1974
10-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Hey guys, I\'m new on this forum and I just bought a M3 GT sedan last saturday at Westowne Mazda.
After going through this forum I knew the chances of getting my car that same day were slim. What I don\'t really like is that I was told they would try to locate the car and comeback to me with a time estimate; but today I got a call from the dealer and he said that they haven\'t located the car (I gave them three color options) and have no idea when they\'ll be able to!
Is this the same process you guys went through?
thanks

majic
10-26-2004, 07:23 PM
there could be many reasons ..

1) they could be lazy :p
2) the car is PROBABLY sold out and the options u\'r looking for are maybe rare?
3) the car you want is being made at the time but the dealer has no info b/c it\'s still in Japan or something
4) maybe it\'s very popular - the option u chose and thus very hard to come by.

just keep pressing for info and get them to give you more details.. worse comes to worst you\'ll get it in 6-8 weeks :p i only had one colour as my option and i was told that i\'d get a nice xmas gift ;) hehehe.. since i ordered on oct 22.. good luck!!

btw.. welcome to the forum and congrats..

ps. what colour? GFX? leathers? moonroof?

abc1974
10-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I\'ll keep pressing but the guy doesn\'t look like he\'s too interested in finding the car. I just don\'t understand how hard is too find if the car is in Toronto or not.
Colors: silver grey or titanium or indigo blue (this I\'m not sure but my wife liked it)
No package, just an Automatic GT...I though this was very common and they would be able to locate it quickly :(

majic
10-26-2004, 08:19 PM
yes.. fairly common.. which also means a large demand and the supply.. well is low.. it might be a while.. but at the same time the sales-person did his/her trick.. they got you to sign and as far as they are concerned.. they got your money and they much rather go after NEW customers than \'wasting their time\' with a sure deal.. u know what i mean?

Melenium
10-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Before I signed the papers, I made them do a check to see how long the wait would be and if they had one available in their allocated shipments. If they\'d given me an \"I\'ll get back to you\" I would have stood up and said \"I\'ll get back to _you_\".. they\'d then give you something tangible, even if it is 3 months away. Hassle them enough or do your own homework and you should be able to find one -- I mean the fact that you\'ve given them 3 colors should allow for something to be found. All the same, congratulations on the purchase! :)

Hey majic, congrats on the purchase too... you must be really excited after having salivated over it for so long ;)

abc1974
10-26-2004, 09:55 PM
By any chance anyone in this forum knows somebody at this dealership? I\'m trying to get all the help I can...
thanks
PS Now that I wrote this...this \"Buying a brand new and super cool car\" shouldn\'t be a hassle after you\'ve already negotiated the price, right?

bluntman
10-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Take a deep breath, you\'ve just signed the papers last Saturday for a 2005 and from what I\'ve heard is that 2005s that were purchased (signed for) in September are arriving NOW. It\'s worth the wait.

majic
10-26-2004, 10:16 PM

Before I signed the papers, I made them do a check to see how long the wait would be and if they had one available in their allocated shipments. If they\'d given me an \"I\'ll get back to you\" I would have stood up and said \"I\'ll get back to _you_\".. they\'d then give you something tangible, even if it is 3 months away. Hassle them enough or do your own homework and you should be able to find one -- I mean the fact that you\'ve given them 3 colors should allow for something to be found. All the same, congratulations on the purchase! :)

Hey majic, congrats on the purchase too... you must be really excited after having salivated over it for so long ;)

yeah.. thx !!! for real.. it\'s been about a year (since i saw the commercial while watching \'timeline\' at the theatre) zoom zoom..

they told me 6-8 weeks.. but MAYBE sooner.. so i\'ll keep bugging him once in a while.. hmm i wonder if he (Noah) is reading this now.. :D

Melenium
10-26-2004, 11:20 PM

yeah.. thx !!! for real.. it\'s been about a year (since i saw the commercial while watching \'timeline\' at the theatre) zoom zoom..

they told me 6-8 weeks.. but MAYBE sooner.. so i\'ll keep bugging him once in a while.. hmm i wonder if he (Noah) is reading this now.. :D

Lol.. timeline.. I wish I could get back the 116 minutes I spent watching that movie. :D

As for the waiting, I\'ve just let things slide for the most part. I hadn\'t heard a peep from my dealer for two weeks after I signed the papers, so I called them up to work out the details for the grad rebate... then a month later (last week) I called again to see if they got the paperwork I sent, and \"oh, by the way, any word on my car?\" That was the last I heard. I\'m sure when it arrives I\'ll get a call.

The anticipation of waiting for the car seems to make time go by much slower.. so to cure that problem all you need are a whole slew of deadlines/exams/papers/work (which inexplicably seem to shorten the days). It all comes out in the wash, but you feel like you\'re living in limbo or something.. It feels like October has had twice the number of days in it, but each day is not long enough to get everything done.. or maybe its just me :p

majic
10-26-2004, 11:30 PM

Lol.. timeline.. I wish I could get back the 116 minutes I spent watching that movie. :D

As for the waiting, I\'ve just let things slide for the most part. I hadn\'t heard a peep from my dealer for two weeks after I signed the papers, so I called them up to work out the details for the grad rebate... then a month later (last week) I called again to see if they got the paperwork I sent, and \"oh, by the way, any word on my car?\" That was the last I heard. I\'m sure when it arrives I\'ll get a call.

The anticipation of waiting for the car seems to make time go by much slower.. so to cure that problem all you need are a whole slew of deadlines/exams/papers/work (which inexplicably seem to shorten the days). It all comes out in the wash, but you feel like you\'re living in limbo or something.. It feels like October has had twice the number of days in it, but each day is not long enough to get everything done.. or maybe its just me :p

heh.. i went to see it b/c it had that guy from 2F2F and i thought it\'d be a driving movie too.. so needless to say i got dragged.. BUT that\'s what i got introduced to miss 3 :D

i think with the \'dealer info\' you just have to be persistent enough but not annoying.. and u\'ll get what you need :p

and i agree.. all i can do is just daydream.. lol..

mannym1
10-27-2004, 05:33 AM
I ordered my M3 in August, and finally received my car last week (October 23, 2004)

So, basically, I waited two months

Indusbreed
10-27-2004, 07:59 AM
Called My dealer ( Westowne Mazda). They have put a November order for my car and they are expecting deleviery in end of Dec or early Jan.

FLIPDADY
10-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Car will be here any day now. In the meantime I\'m rippin\' around town in a loaded 05\' Escape.

wongpres
10-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by abc1974

By any chance anyone in this forum knows somebody at this dealership? I\'m trying to get all the help I can...
thanks
PS Now that I wrote this...this \"Buying a brand new and super cool car\" shouldn\'t be a hassle after you\'ve already negotiated the price, right?

I have contacts at Westowne. PM me with details such as when your ordered it, whether or not it has GFX (GT sedan without GFX is not a common spec), who you spoke to, exactly what they told you, are you fine with either of your 3 colour choices, and so on.

abc1974
10-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by wongpres

Originally posted by abc1974

thanks

I have contacts at Westowne. PM me with details such as when your ordered it, whether or not it has GFX (GT sedan without GFX is not a common spec), who you spoke to, exactly what they told you, are you fine with either of your 3 colour choices, and so on.

Thanks!
I\'ve PM you all the info

torpedo20
11-02-2004, 12:11 PM

Called My dealer ( Westowne Mazda). They have put a November order for my car and they are expecting deleviery in end of Dec or early Jan.

I dealt with Dufferin Mazda and I was told upfront that the car due to arrive in Dec\'04 - Jan\'05 since the model I wanted is completely sold out in TO (sedan GT with Tit Gray).
I think it\'s a good thing since it allows me to have everything ready (especially auto insurance.)

IMHO,
it\'s not worth bugging the dealer too much - I believe they\'re interested in selling the car to you ASAP, so then they could claim their bonuses and such.
My dealer did promise to call me as soon as the car arrives to Vancouver from Japan. When that happens I can start counting 10 days \'til it reaches TO.

So, my advice to you is just be patient and wait ;)

Melenium
11-02-2004, 01:44 PM
To quote Huburt F. Farnsworth, \"Good news everyone..\" I just got a call from the dealer saying that my car has arrived! It arrived in Vancouver around the 18th, so its actually taken 20 days to get here. Its too bad I\'m probably not going to have a chance to pick it up this week because I still have to sort out the insurance for it. I\'m hoping I\'ll be able to grab it before the weekend though.

majic
11-02-2004, 02:15 PM
sweet.. mine was in vancouver on the 28th.. so 2 more weeks maybe.. :D :D

congrats!!!

Melenium
11-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah, its looking more and more like I\'ll take delivery a week from now. :sarc

Thats not bad that you\'ll get yours with a total of a month of waiting majic!

majic
11-02-2004, 03:00 PM
yeah i am hoping.. soon soon :D

and lol.. \"dude where\'s my car?\" was my MSN nick the other day ;)

AfterBurner
11-03-2004, 09:47 AM

yeah i am hoping.. soon soon :D

and lol.. \"dude where\'s my car?\" was my MSN nick the other day ;)

Did you see the pics of the derailed train near thunderbay? A whole bunch of cars strewn about and someones red mazda3 sport was gutted and lying at the side of the tracks. That\'s gotta suck for the prospective owner. I hope it wasn\'t yours majic.:(

:D :D Just joking of course. Mine took about a week to arrive from Vancouver.

majic
11-03-2004, 11:50 AM
http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/SHOCKED.gifhttp://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/nervous.gif

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/cry.gifhttp://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/cry.gifhttp://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/cry.gif

not funny http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/pow.gif

:p

BETRTHNU
11-04-2004, 09:16 PM
I got the call today...Picking my car up on monday.

wtom
11-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by BETRTHNU

I got the call today...Picking my car up on monday.

Congraduation! You move up to GoldMember level now hehehe.

Congrats tho, see you at Meet 7! Winning Blue Crew haha

BETRTHNU
11-09-2004, 01:35 AM
What a sweet car...I put 59k on today and i\'m loving every it of driving. Great car. See you all at meet 7.

Eric
11-10-2004, 01:48 PM
I ordered my Mazda3 GT Sport w/ AC Titanium Grey from Westowne on Nov. 5. They promising a November built car late Dec. or early Jan.

Eric

Ron
11-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I waited about a week before getting my 05 Titanium Grey Sport. All the paper works were done on the 1st of Nov and they told me that the car was \"on rail\". About 12 days later I got word that the car arrived at the dealership.

fuey
11-19-2004, 08:57 PM
hey ron and eric,
how much did u pay OTR for your M3(specs: auto or manual) at westtowne? i didn\'t have much success with them. who did u deal with there? thanx.

black305
11-21-2004, 12:42 AM
I ordered mine exactly two weeks ago and I\'m still waiting to hear when it\'s going to arrive. I was told it would take 4-6 weeks. :(
I can hardly wait for it to come!!!

fuey
11-21-2004, 09:03 PM
congrats, black305. may the wait time be with u.

Eric
11-22-2004, 08:37 AM
I don\'t want to go into the details of the purchase, but I had CarCostCanada.com negotiate the best deal that they could get for me. They came back with a good price from a dealer pretty far from hwere I live. My wife took that quote to Westowne. They didn\'t even blink, and said they would match the price (no to and fro to the sales manager, etc.). Plus, they gave us a reasonable price for my 11.5 year old MX3 with 243,000 klicks on it. In general I like Westowne. They did most of the service on the MX3 (I bought it new from a different dealer) and they have never tried to rip me off.

The only disappointment is the wait time, but from what I see on the forum, that is pretty standard. It is not a problem as long as the MX3 keeps running and that does not look like much of a risk. The MX3 is hands down, the best car I have ever owned (fun and less than $3000 in maintenance over the life of the car). I hope the new Mazda3 Sport GT does as well.

Eric

fuey
11-22-2004, 06:56 PM
i just bought m3 sport GT today from mazda brampton, westtowne wouldn\'t match the price i quoted them which was $27400 + licence fee. mazda brampton is ffaaaarrr from me but they gave me the car for $27405 + licence fee. so now i wait as well.

RedRaptor
11-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by fuey

i just bought m3 sport GT today from mazda brampton, westtowne wouldn\'t match the price i quoted them which was $27400 + licence fee. mazda brampton is ffaaaarrr from me but they gave me the car for $27405 + licence fee. so now i wait as well.

I got my car from Mazda Brampton also back in Sept. Who did you deal with there? Yeah its a long drive for me as well (40km). What the specs on your car?

fuey
11-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

I got my car from Mazda Brampton also back in Sept. Who did you deal with there? Yeah its a long drive for me as well (40km). What the specs on your car?

i used ur contact: brian hong (nice guy) and ur OTR that u gave me to get the deal.
got 05 M3 sport GT auto, a/c, w blue, no moonroof or leather seats. thanx agian.

RedRaptor
11-22-2004, 07:39 PM
fuey,

Congrats on the purchase. You will love the car. What colour is it and when are you picking it up?

Yeah. Mazda Brampton was a pleasure to deal with. The sales rep Brian Hong is a honest and nice guy. Sounds like you got a good deal for a 2005 model.

fuey
11-22-2004, 07:45 PM
w blue = winning blue, initially i was going to go for the titanium grey..but too many ppl have them..so i opt for the blue =)

don\'t know when i will pick it up..they will call me when they find one.

black305
11-22-2004, 11:38 PM

Thanks fuey. I\'m looking into buying some steelies and winter tires now. Those silver ones that E-Spec have look awesome! Probably gonna go with them.
Congrats on your purchase too!

fuey
11-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by black305

Thanks fuey. I\'m looking into buying some steelies and winter tires now. Those silver ones that E-Spec have look awesome! Probably gonna go with them.
Congrats on your purchase too!

i ordered the kw19 with the new silver steelies from e-spec.

majic
11-27-2004, 11:42 PM
to get back to the topic.. i waited EXACTLY 5 weeks..

ordered 2004/10/22
received 2004/11/26

i am such a happy camper now! :D :D :D

Melenium
11-28-2004, 01:20 AM

to get back to the topic.. i waited EXACTLY 5 weeks..

ordered 2004/10/22
received 2004/11/26

i am such a happy camper now! :D :D :D

Hey majic, Congrats! Its been a long time coming eh? Its too bad we didn\'t get to chat at the meet, but how you loving it? :)

majic
11-28-2004, 01:24 AM
\"i\'m loving it\"

i\'m about to write a little review (avante/fx auto/car itself) but i\'m kinda tired .. so i\'ll do it 2mr morning..

to sum it up \"zoom-f***ing-zoom\" :D

Melenium
11-28-2004, 01:29 AM

\"i\'m loving it\"

i\'m about to write a little review (avante/fx auto/car itself) but i\'m kinda tired .. so i\'ll do it 2mr morning..

to sum it up \"zoom-f***ing-zoom\" :D

Lol.. congrats, and that quote sums it up perfectly :)

Have you got the stuff done at AutoFx yet?

majic
11-28-2004, 10:18 AM
yes sir.. look at my sig :D

so pleaszed with the service.. will release a review soon :D

fuey
11-29-2004, 09:29 PM
earlier in the post, i said i got the w/blue color and it was on nov. 22, but the dealer couldn\'t find the color for me. they did have a red one tho, so after a couple of hrs thinking about the color shift: get red now or get w/blue 2 months from now..i opted for the red cause i need it for highway/winter driving. the \'93 cavalier that i am driving rite now is going strong with annual patchwork but didn\'t want to risk the reliability for this winter. so today i picked up the red m3 sport....red is growing on me now =) love the smell of new car.

majic
11-29-2004, 10:39 PM
eeeeeeeww.. red is teh suck :D

Melenium
11-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Congrats Fuey! Let us know what you think (aside from the new car smell ;)). I can\'t believe how fast the new car smell is disappearing. It wasn\'t all that strong to begin with. Too bad I can\'t go to the service dep\'t and ask for them to top it up :p

fuey
11-30-2004, 10:58 PM
love the car (been researching/frequencing the different forums for the past 3 months almost every nite to find which is going to be my next ride...it paid off =) already closing on 200 km in 2 days =) still have to read the manual about the different buttons on the dash.
man..rust/wintertires/tint/bra/insurance sure does add up big time.

black305
12-02-2004, 02:14 AM
Just spoke to the dealer...about 2 more weeks before it arrives!! Car\'s status is \"On Rail\" from Vancouver. Almost ZoomX3 time!

Eric
12-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Eric

I ordered my Mazda3 GT Sport w/ AC Titanium Grey from Westowne on Nov. 5. They promising a November built car late Dec. or early Jan.

Eric

Just as an update, On Dec.6, the car was reported to be \"at sea\", and I was given the VIN.

Westowne Mazda called today to notify me that the car is now \"in Port\" in Vancouver.
It should be in Toronto in two or three weeks.

So, it looks like early January for delivery. This is pretty much what Westowne promised.
I am impressed that they called to give me an update without my having to prod them.

--
Eric

zRqTz
12-14-2004, 12:34 PM
I ordered mine on Nov 29th. I just spoke to the dealership and they said it\'s \"at port\", and may arrive in 2 to 3 weeks time.

No Christmas gift for myself then until early January :(

Eric
12-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by zRqTz

I ordered mine on Nov 29th. I just spoke to the dealership and they said it\'s \"at port\", and may arrive in 2 to 3 weeks time.

You are doing better than me then ;-) .
Do you know your VIN?
Our cars probably arrived in Vancouver on the same ship.

--
Eric

zRqTz
12-14-2004, 01:48 PM
No, I don\'t have the VIN. I didn\'t ask for it.
It\'s just for insurance, right? I figured I don\'t really need it yet...

Eric
12-14-2004, 06:10 PM

No, I don\'t have the VIN. I didn\'t ask for it.
It\'s just for insurance, right? I figured I don\'t really need it yet...

You don\'t really need it until you get the car.
Due to a bad car buying experience in my past. I don\'t really believe that the dealer
has a car for me until I get the VIN. Once you have it , you can be pretty sure that a car
really exists and that it has been assigned to you.

Eric

Indusbreed
12-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Just got a call from Westowne Mazda that the car reached the port and they have the VIN number in case i needed. Expected time is 2-3 weeks.

zRqTz
12-17-2004, 08:12 AM
I\'m hoping for a Christmas miracle!

Eric
12-17-2004, 09:16 AM

I\'m hoping for a Christmas miracle!

I got a PM from a guy on M3F in BC. He claims that his car came in on a ship which arrived in Vancouver on Dec. 9. He now has his car. If our cars came in on that same boat, it makes a \"Christmas Miracle\" just barely possible, but I wouldn\'t hold my breath. :)

zRqTz
12-17-2004, 10:43 AM
nice!

cyber
12-20-2004, 01:15 PM
I was lucky when I got my M3 \'05. They had one on the lot to my exact specs. Bought it Wednesday, picked it up Saturday!:D

billyfo
12-20-2004, 05:26 PM
we are now expand our T.Grey club one more:D

enjoy your new car.

zRqTz
12-21-2004, 12:46 PM

No Christmas gift for myself then until early January :(

I just got word that status is now \"on rail\".
Just a little more patience for me....

Eric
12-21-2004, 05:43 PM

I just got word that status is now \"on rail\".
Just a little more patience for me....

I hope that this applies to me as well (since our cars seem to be on the same schedule).
I will be away the week between Christmas and New Year\'s. With my luck that is the week that the car will arrive. I will have to notify Westowne that I will be out of town those days.

stubberific
12-22-2004, 09:40 PM
I ordered my Mazda3 GT (http://stubbs.ca/galleries/car) in Titanium Grey with moonroof/leather/MT/AC on November 20th and picked it up at Westowne on December 13th. They originally said I wouldn\'t get it until late January, but they found one out west and had it on a train to Toronto within a week.

Eric
12-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by stubberific

I ordered my Mazda3 GT (http://stubbs.ca/galleries/car) in Titanium Grey with moonroof/leather/MT/AC on November 20th and picked it up at Westowne on December 13th. They originally said I wouldn\'t get it until late January, but they found one out west and had it on a train to Toronto within a week.

Congratulations. It would have been nice to have such luck :) .
I think that most Mazda3 Sport GTs are sold with moonroofs. Unfortunately, I am 6\'4\"
and the moonroof means I can\'t sit in the car. I think that this is what caused me to
have to wait for a car from Japan.

bluntman
12-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Airman Jack quite tall, well over 6\' and he has a sunroof. The driver\'s seat does travel up and down.

Eric
12-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Airman Jack quite tall, well over 6\' and he has a sunroof. The driver\'s seat does travel up and down.

I have tried both. WIth the moonroof, My head brushes the headliner even with the seat all the way down. Perhaps I am longer in the torso than Airman Jack.:)

zRqTz
12-24-2004, 12:49 AM
This is one of those rare moments when I can say \"I\'m glad I\'m not tall!\"

Indusbreed
12-31-2004, 09:53 AM
Anyone heard from westowne Mazda for the December end deleivery?

K Dawg ONE
01-02-2005, 09:42 AM
I ordered my car Dec9 for the January build for April delivery...

MrJWU
01-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi TM3

I orderd my car Nov 17th and have yet to get it. I was told about 2 weeks ago that it was on the boat from Japan. Avante says that it\'ll take 4-6 weeks now for my car to get here. Looks like I\'m in the same boat as everyone else.

MwJWU

Eric
01-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by MrJWU

I orderd my car Nov 17th and have yet to get it. I was told about 2 weeks ago that it was on the boat from Japan. Avante says that it\'ll take 4-6 weeks now for my car to get here. Looks like I\'m in the same boat as everyone else.

MwJWU

Mine was said to be in Vancouver on Dec. 14th, 2004. Surely it can\'t be another 4 to 6 weeks just to get to Toronto from there!

Indusbreed
01-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Mine was said to be in Vancouver on Dec. 14th, 2004. Surely it can\'t be another 4 to 6 weeks just to get to Toronto from there!

Called yesterday to get an update and now the status is \"On rail\". I ordered mine nov end.

Indusbreed
01-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Just received the message from AL( Sale MGR). Car will be at the yard on 8th of this month and will be at dealer\'s yard the following week. I am guessing 14/15th would be the D-DAY. Finnallyyyy.

Eric
01-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Just received the message from AL( Sale MGR). Car will be at the yard on 8th of this month and will be at dealer\'s yard the following week. I am guessing 14/15th would be the D-DAY. Finnallyyyy.

Just talked to my salesman at Westowne. He claims that my car is already in the yard in Toronto
but is promising the same Jan 14/15 delivery date as you are getting. I wonder what that is all about?

zRqTz
01-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Downtown Mazda called and advised me I can pick the car up!!! Woooo hooooo!
Question though... they advised me that I would have to pay for the license renewal for the car that I\'m trading in (expiring April 2005).
I\'m not sure if I should be the one paying for that since I won\'t be the owner anymore. Any thoughts on this matter?

zRqTz
01-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Oooppss! Nevermind... I got my answer.. :D

michaljerzy86
01-04-2005, 02:52 PM
yeah i got the papers and everything signed on the 29th and the guy down at airport mazda said 2 weeks for mine...so now im just waiting for the day i can trade in my old family van for.my new m3 =) lol:D

MrJWU
01-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I just called today and they said now it\'s at port in vancouver and should take another 2 weeks.. max 3 weeks!!!

I CAN\'T WAIT!

Eric
01-05-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by MrJWU

I just called today and they said now it\'s at port in vancouver and should take another 2 weeks.. max 3 weeks!!!

I was told on Dec. 14 that my car was in Vancouver and it would be max 3 weeks. Well... those
3 weeks were up yesterday and the dealer said that the car is now in Toronto and that I should
have the car by next Tuesday. This of course means that if I actually get the car on Tuesday the
11th of January that it will have been 4 weeks from the time that the car was reported to have
arrived in Vancouver.

Eric
01-07-2005, 12:20 PM
I just talked to Westowne. My car is now at the dealership and will be ready on Monday.
It still needs to be prepped and rustproffed.
I have scheduled an appointment to pick it up on Monday at 5PM. :)

Indusbreed
01-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I just talked to Westowne. My car is now at the dealership and will be ready on Monday. I have scheduled an appointment to pick it up on Monday at 5PM

Congrats...I am going to call them tomnorrow and see the stsus of mine. BTW which color did you get?

bluntman
01-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Titanium Grey...it\'s in his signature.

Eric
01-07-2005, 08:58 PM

I just talked to Westowne. My car is now at the dealership and will be ready on Monday. I have scheduled an appointment to pick it up on Monday at 5PM

Congrats...I am going to call them tomnorrow and see the stsus of mine. BTW which color did you get?

Thanks Indusbrteed! Bluntman is correct. Titanium Grey. I hope you get yours soon.
What version and colour did you get (since its not in your signature)? :)

Indusbreed
01-08-2005, 02:03 AM
I got Sunlight silver since my other car Rolla 2002 is also silver. It is GS with sports package.
I

al01
01-08-2005, 12:38 PM
you guys gonna get HIDs later on? :D

Eric
01-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by al01

No desire for HIDs. I like the car stock. It will be my daily commuter.
For real fun try sailboats. Cars are pretty tame in comparison.

al01
01-09-2005, 12:35 AM
=DDD i got my car last year in jan.. i ordered on jan 27th, and got my car on the 29th.. =D my bday is on the 28th.. BIGGEST bdday present ever :D

majic
01-09-2005, 02:06 AM

this isn\'t the thread/place for this

=DDD i got my car last year in jan.. i ordered on jan 27th, and got my car on the 29th.. =D my bday is on the 28th.. BIGGEST bdday present ever

that\'s nice, but this thread is pretty much about ppl waiting for cars that aren\'t available at the dealership the moment they want to make a deal (eg. not even manufactured yet)

Indusbreed
01-09-2005, 07:37 PM
just talked to Westowne. My car is now at the dealership and will be ready on Monday.

Let us know the experiance and service level you receive on Monday.

Eric
01-10-2005, 10:04 PM

Let us know the experiance and service level you receive on Monday.

I got my car. I went to Westowne at about 2:30. The car was ready, the salesman (Doug Warsh) was ready. I paid, we did the paperwork, transferred the plates, and Doug showed me the features of the car. I bought the cargo net for it.

In total, it took about an hour. No hitches, everything was professionally handled.

The most painful part of the experience was walking away from my trusty 12 year old MX-3. We did 247,000 klicks together and it never gave me any trouble \'til near the end. If the new Mazda does as well as the old one, it should be a good 12 years.
:)

Indusbreed
01-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing the experiance. I called Westowne and spoke to AL ( Sales Manager). He said the car is not at his lot and he will be receving the car in a day or two. Somehow i did not beleive him. I will call him later this afternoon and get will get teh updates.

Its time to post some Pics ......

Eric
01-11-2005, 07:47 PM

Its time to post some Pics ......

Well, since yuu asked :)

http://www.firstclass.com/~eric/mazda/mazda3.jpg

I also made a quick footrest/dead pedal cover out of a \"Sure Step\" stair protector and some
Velcro from Canadian Tire.

http://www.firstclass.com/~eric/mazda/DeadPedal.jpg

Yeah, I know it is already dirty.

majic
01-11-2005, 10:36 PM
i knew this was gonna happen. why is it that everyone needs to post their bone stock car when they receive it? i can get those pics anywhere.. just go to the dealer.. anyway.. continue talking about the wait time..

Eric
01-12-2005, 06:54 AM

i knew this was gonna happen. why is it that everyone needs to post their bone stock car when they receive it? i can get those pics anywhere.. just go to the dealer.. anyway.. continue talking about the wait time..

Well... I sort of agree with you, but here are a few points to consider.

Firstly, I was asked to post a picture. It is only one. It is not in my signature so that you see it every time I post.

Secondly, I was asked to post the picture by someone who is still waiting for his car. I think that a number of us who have been waiting for a long time for our cars and exchanged messages about it in this thread are interested in finally seeing each other\'s cars. Even if they are \"bone stock\". Its kind of an \"Its Here\" celebration. Finally getting the car is the end of the waiting process and comments and pictures about it are appropriate for this thread.

Thirdly, my car is not \"bone stock\". Didn\'t you see the picture of my delicately handcrafted footrest cover? Made of the finest aged Corinthian Vinyl. Harvested only from the vinyl plants which grow on the sunny southern slopes of the oldest vinly plantations. Distributed here in Canada only by the most exclusive Canadian Tire stores. Lovingly applied with sturdy velcro tape. This is not a modification for the faint of heart or those lacking in skills. :)

Fourthly, it is a form of encouragement for those who are still waiting for their cars. It is proof positive that the Mazda3 actually does exist and does get delivered to those who have been good and patiently (or maybe even impatiently) wait. It is concrete evidence that the Mazda3 is not in the same category as the unicorn or griffon or flying reindeer.

Fifthly, lighten up!

majic
01-12-2005, 08:34 AM
1) I know, and i think i had more of a problem with that (being asked).. maybe you SHOUDL put a pic ion your sig :D

2) I agree and maybe we should have a separate forum/thread \"Look Ma, Here\'s my ride - stock or not\" :)

3) LMFAO!! OMG da best ;) can i frame it? :p

4) lol.. b/c we\'ve all been talking about cars that don\'t exist ;) but i do know what you mean.. i just would like to keep things \'on topic\' as muchb as i can even though i\'m not a mod (i know those guys are busy and can\'t see it all ;)

5) that post lightened me up.. now back to being a nazi :D

Indusbreed
01-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Awesome Eric. Nice work with those Vinyl footrest.

Eric
01-12-2005, 10:38 AM

I haven\'t dynoed it yet, but I think it adds about 6 horsepower.
I will probably add a grounding strap mod to the vinyl which I hope will make the car run smoother.

majic
01-12-2005, 10:47 AM

I haven\'t dynoed it yet, but I think it adds about 6 horsepower.
I will probably add a grounding strap mod to the vinyl which I hope will make the car run smoother.

sh1t.. better dyno it soon and post the results and how to in the interior mods section :p i might want to add the dead pedal in there (that\'s removable) :D

umm.. so yah.. i waited 6 weeks (look at sig) for my mazda3 :D

Eric
01-12-2005, 12:06 PM
sh*t.. better dyno it soon and post the results and how to in the interior mods section :p i might want to add the dead pedal in there (that\'s removable) :D

If you think that is a great mod, you should see my \"In Car Navigation System\".
Here is a picture of me using it (not actually in the car). It has some disadvantages
(only works when the sky is clear, and it takes about half an hour to plot a position),
but unlike the Mazda3 system it is available and works in Canada.
http://www.firstclass.com/~eric/mazda/navigation.jpg

umm.. so yah.. i waited 6 weeks (look at sig) for my mazda3 :D

I remember you posting that you got it. Congratulations!

Now however I think we are off topic!

majic
01-12-2005, 12:27 PM
LOL.. i did try to move it back on topic with my \"i waited 6 weeks for mine\" :p futile efforts :D

Eric
01-12-2005, 10:58 PM
If you think that is a great mod, you should see my \"In Car Navigation System\"

Actually majic (and others), to see my real \"In Car Navigation System\" See the \"Interior Electrical Mods\" section. I just posted a new topic about it. It is entitled \"GPS Navigation System & MP3\".

I think this is the URL http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1469.

Indusbreed
01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I am still waiting...Got a call from Westowne ( ARLIE ) to fax him the insurance papers. They are saying the car will be in there lot by today or tomorrow but i will get soemtime next week...( BS ).

Eric
01-13-2005, 07:28 PM

I am still waiting...Got a call from Westowne ( ARLIE ) to fax him the insurance papers. They are saying the car will be in there lot by today or tomorrow but i will get soemtime next week...( BS ).

Indusbreed, what date did you order your car? Was it around October 27th? If so you have been waiting longer than me. The wait should be all over next week. :)

torpedo20
01-13-2005, 10:08 PM
And F-I-N-A-L-L-Y...
my wait is over - picked my car today.

A little history log for ya:
Ordered my M3 through Dufferin Mazda on October 18th 2004 and after almost 3 months of waiting
picked \"her\" up today, January 13th 2005. Must be a new record on waiting, eh?
Oh, well.. I\'ve always been a patient guy. ;)

Now,
The \"zoom-zoom\" season has finally begun! ;)

P.S. I\'m not gonna post any picks of my grey beauty so people who\'re still waiting don\'t get upset with me.
:wink: wink:

Eric
01-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Congrats! That is indeed a long time to wait. You\'ve got me beat by over two weeks!

Xenon
01-14-2005, 06:03 PM

And F-I-N-A-L-L-Y...
my wait is over - picked my car today.

Ordered my M3 through Dufferin Mazda on October 18th 2004 and after almost 3 months of waiting
picked \"her\" up today, January 13th 2005. Must be a new record on waiting, eh?
Oh, well.. I\'ve always been a patient guy. ;)

Now,
The \"zoom-zoom\" season has finally begun! ;)

P.S. I\'m not gonna post any picks of my grey beauty so people who\'re still waiting don\'t get upset with me.
:wink: wink:

October to January? Wow, you are patient :p. I was getting edgy waiting my 32 days:sarc

Indusbreed
01-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Guys, finally the day has arrived. Picked up my M3 yesterday evening. Got Excellant service from Albert Poutney ( Sale manager ). He was very analyticla in showing the ins/outs of the car. We were done in about 45 Mins. Very nice experiance.

Eric
01-15-2005, 07:20 PM

Guys, finally the day has arrived. Picked up my M3 yesterday evening. Got Excellant service from Albert Poutney ( Sale manager ). He was very analyticla in showing the ins/outs of the car. We were done in about 45 Mins. Very nice experiance.

Congratulations! It has been a long wait. I hope you enjoy the car.
Dirve cxarefully, and do a good job of breaking it in.

Indusbreed
01-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks Eric. Are you doing anything special as far as breaking in is concerned? other than no pedal to metal, no sudden stop or not driving at the same speed for too long?

majic
01-16-2005, 11:45 AM
come on guys!!! keep it on topic

break in info (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=71#979) that i used as well

Ex-Rolla
01-16-2005, 09:15 PM
They told me it\'s 6 to 8 weeks... I signed the paperwork on January 3. As of the 10th of January car was still in production in Japan (as per the dealer).... Car better be on a boat making its way here!!!

mark

Pimpin_29y
01-26-2005, 09:33 AM
I was told recently that my car was in Vancouver...Anyone know the usual time it takes for them to bring a car over?

majic
01-26-2005, 09:37 AM
less than a week on the train (if all goes well) and then about a week to get to dealer.. i\'d say 2-3 weeks is realistic now..

limette
01-31-2005, 02:28 PM
I think you\'ll be waiting longer. I ordered my M3 on Nov 18, was told it was at port in Vancouver on Dec 28 and am STILL waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. I\'ve already waited 4 weeks since the \"at port\" update and still no end in sight. FYI

Pimpin_29y
01-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Hey all!! Just picked up my mazda3 today!!

I drove it home from the dealership and noticed how roomy it felt almost like I was in a SUV. Looking at the cars from a drivers point of view the cars beside me seemed smaller...hmmm. Being a new driver in the 3 I was extra cautious, braking ahead of time. Is it me or are the brakes super sensitive? :D :D :D

Eric
01-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Blue_Dragon

Hey all!! Just picked up my mazda3 today!!

I drove it home from the dealership and noticed how roomy it felt almost like I was in a SUV. Looking at the cars from a drivers point of view the cars beside me seemed smaller...hmmm. Being a new driver in the 3 I was extra cautious, braking ahead of time. Is it me or are the brakes super sensitive? :D :D :D

You don\'t say what type of Mazda3 you have. I have found the brakes to be sensitive (and powerful) on the Mazda3 Sport GT. It has the bigger breakes than the GS sedan. On the other hand I have never driven the GS seden so I can\'t really do a comparison.

Pimpin_29y
02-02-2005, 01:36 AM
You don\'t say what type of Mazda3 you have. I have found the brakes to be sensitive (and powerful) on the Mazda3 Sport GT. It has the bigger breakes than the GS sedan. On the other hand I have never driven the GS seden so I can\'t really do a comparison.

2005 Mazda3 Sedan GT w/GFX :D

FLIPDADY
02-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey congrats!! Easy on them brakes or you\'ll be replacing them soon.:p

kl7402001
02-02-2005, 11:06 AM
yeah nice brakes .... i bought mine in april last year and i waited a week ... i thought thats because the car is still pretty new on the market and no one buys my color(white) ... but wow still waiting for cars and its feb 2005 ... good sales? or just making it slow over there in jap? ...wow

limette
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
WOOOO!!!!! I got it! I got it! I got it! Just wanted to tell those that were wondering on my wait-time. It took just under 3 months...Nov 18-Feb 3!! *whew*

kl7402001
02-03-2005, 08:41 PM
holy sh*t .. 3 months!!!! ... i bought it in april only took 2 weeks

Saphress
02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Yuuup... when I bought mine in May..... I had to wat for my car to be made... and it did take 3 mnths.... it\'s normal supposedly... (shrugs)... ah well... seems like they;\'re in high demand... that means more 3\'s on the road.

There\'s this little old lady that drives a blue 3 at work.... it was funny when I was driving into work and she\'s driving out.... it\'s kinda weird... :P That\'ll be me in 20 years... :P

Hanif
02-04-2005, 12:38 AM
I ordered my car on Dec. 4 and pickd it up on Jan 26......almost 2 MONTHS.....althought they did call me and tell me that since no dealership had it...it\'ll have to be ordered and shipped straight from japan.....i got the \'05 mazda 3 gt in WINNING BLUE :D with gfx package......i\'m still in aww about the colour......it was well worth the wait...still gotta get it rustproofed......tinted...and llumar bra put on......still sitting in the garage since i picked it up.....lol

Ex-Rolla
02-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Just got word that it\'s on it\'s way from Vancouver (on train).... as per the dealer, it should take up to 2 weeks... Ordered it on January 3... I Can\'t wait!!!

Hanif
02-09-2005, 05:12 PM

damn....your right......that MUST be a record.....i thought i waited a long time from dec. 4 to jan. 26.....but that was nothing compared to you......although i did have my mom\'s camry to drive around while i was waiting....so i wasn\'t edgy.......just had to drop her to work every day at 7am though......other than that....i had no problem waiting..

Whos ur dadd
02-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Yay! Mine\'s at the dealer. Now the question is, how the heck am I gonna pay for it?

Hanif
02-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

Yay! Mine\'s at the dealer. Now the question is, how the heck am I gonna pay for it?

lol :p

emc
03-02-2005, 05:27 PM
so now i\'m jealous . . . i ordered mine on the 21st, all of you have yours now! sorry i made a new thread \'its ordered\' lol didn\'t know this was here . . .

so only a few days on the train huh, i\'m so anxious and proud of all of you for waiting. ESPECIALLY 3 months! uugh i\'ve never been this impatient! :p

Whos ur dadd
03-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by emc

so now i\'m jealous . . . i ordered mine on the 21st, all of you have yours now! sorry i made a new thread \'its ordered\' lol didn\'t know this was here . . .

so only a few days on the train huh, i\'m so anxious and proud of all of you for waiting. ESPECIALLY 3 months! uugh i\'ve never been this impatient! :p

Well, if you don\'t have your 3 yet, PLEASE DO NOT POST USELESS JUNK. Spend your time PRODUCTIVELY and research all the mods you can get for the car. Then buy them and have them ready for installation when you get your 3.

Friggin noobs.

:D

Congrats ex-rolla and emc. Avante told me 2 weeks when it got to Vancouver. They were pretty accurate.

emc
03-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Well, if you don\'t have your 3 yet, PLEASE DO NOT POST USELESS JUNK. Spend your time PRODUCTIVELY and research all the mods you can get for the car. Then buy them and have them ready for installation when you get your 3.

Friggin noobs

nice buddy . . . way to be supportive. so according to you this whole thread is USELESS JUNK so why didn\'t you say one of your smart comments at the very beginning huh?

EVERYONE HAD TO WAIT FOR THEIRS so chill

fyi I am spending my time PRODUCTIVELY and researching mods i can get, so again, chill

and were you at one point a NOOB? yes . . . I think you were. hhhmmmm makes you think.

if you\'re cocky to \'noobs\' no one else will wanna join, therefore less donations, less 3\'s, less fun.

also reading through these posts is spending time productively cause i JUST wanted to get a sense of timing for delivery . . .

emc
03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
p.s. thanks for the congrats after your rant :p

majic
03-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by emc

Friggin noobs

nice buddy . . . way to be supportive. so according to you this whole thread is USELESS JUNK so why didn\'t you say one of your smart comments at the very beginning huh?

EVERYONE HAD TO WAIT FOR THEIRS so chill

fyi I am spending my time PRODUCTIVELY and researching mods i can get, so again, chill

and were you at one point a NOOB? yes . . . I think you were. hhhmmmm makes you think.

if you\'re cocky to \'noobs\' no one else will wanna join, therefore less donations, less 3\'s, less fun.

also reading through these posts is spending time productively cause i JUST wanted to get a sense of timing for delivery . . .

emc.. relax..

if you browse here enough u\'ll see that who\'s yer daddy-o is a clown ;) a jester of sorts :p so he was joking as i believe he is STILL awiting delivery.. so lighten up and enjoy your ride..

Whos ur dadd
03-02-2005, 11:18 PM
if you browse here enough u\'ll see that who\'s yer daddy-o is a clown ;) a jester of sorts :p so he was joking as i believe he is STILL awiting delivery.. so lighten up and enjoy your ride..

No, man! Got it!! A carbon gray GS sedan. I am crunching gears at this very moment (well, not at this VERY moment).

majic
03-02-2005, 11:20 PM
.. in addition.. if you still have beef with him you should challenge him in the Battle Royale as per this thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1611#21902)

btw.. http://sawicki.netrulon.com/images/smileys/welcome.gif to the club!!! and you\'re right.. everyone\'s been a http://sawicki.netrulon.com/images/smileys/newbie.gif at one time.. so have a http://sawicki.netrulon.com/images/smileys/beer1.gif and enjoy your stay :D

majic
03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

No, man! Got it!! A carbon gray GS sedan. I am crunching gears at this very moment (well, not at this VERY moment).

yay :) alright.. stick it to emc then :D :D :D

jk..

emc
03-02-2005, 11:32 PM
LOL k sssooorry

it was a bitter moment, i\'m sure you understand :D

congrats on the 3! exciting!!

;)

just laughing at myself by getting bitter!

silversurfer
03-23-2005, 05:18 PM
I ordered my car end of Feb and just picked it up yesterday. Total wait time 23 days.

iconicrocket
03-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Ordered on the 24th of Februrary, was at there compound yesterday March 23rd.

Will probably pick it up on the 28th. About a month\'s wait.

Cherry
03-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey Iconic,

I ordered mine Feb. 25th and still have yet to hear anything. Was yours coming from Japan or another dealership? And whereabouts do you hail?

iconicrocket
03-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Cherry

Hey Iconic,

I ordered mine Feb. 25th and still have yet to hear anything. Was yours coming from Japan or another dealership? And whereabouts do you hail?

I got it at Prima in Woodbridge, I actually lived downtown. When I ordered it, I picked the car off their inventory/build list so I knew when it was being built ~ late February. It came from the Factory was at sea at the beginning of March. Arrived in Vancouver on March 16th. Got my VIN last week and now I\'m just waiting for delivery. It was definitely NOT a dealer trade, or else I would have gotten it earlier.

Dealers are alotted certain dates for their special orders and inventory replenishment.

You should check with your sales persons, my sales guy showed me the list so I could pick the car out, they even assign your name next to the car to hold it. If you didn\'t see the list your car could have been built at a later date, hence the longer wait.

OR your sales persons could have sold your car to someone else for a better price. You must get the VIN to hold your car and get insurance. You should be able to get your VIN anywhere along transit.

OR your car just didn\'t get on the train like AFBunnie, she\'s on this site too. Her car is STILL in Vancouver.

Cherry
03-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the reply Iconic.

This sounds pretty hopeful actually. Last thing I heard was that the car was \"at sea\" as of March 10th. So maybe on the same boat as yours! Dude, I\'m pumped now. Maybe I\'ll hear something this week. I didn\'t get the VIN number, but the salesperson is pretty much a friend of the family, and I\'m sure is on top of things at his end. I\'m getting an Arctic White 5-door GT and apparently there were only 2 on the list heading this way from Japan. Was told I was lucky I acted when I did to order it.

Let us know when you pick yours up!!

iconicrocket
03-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Cherry

Thanks for the reply Iconic.

This sounds pretty hopeful actually. Last thing I heard was that the car was \"at sea\" as of March 10th. So maybe on the same boat as yours! Dude, I\'m pumped now. Maybe I\'ll hear something this week. I didn\'t get the VIN number, but the salesperson is pretty much a friend of the family, and I\'m sure is on top of things at his end. I\'m getting an Arctic White 5-door GT and apparently there were only 2 on the list heading this way from Japan. Was told I was lucky I acted when I did to order it.

Let us know when you pick yours up!!

I hope you get the car soon, I hated the wait.

My sales guy said he actually had the car in stock but he sold it! So I had to order, lucky for me he had one in production, there was actually one on transit the day I sign. If I hesitated a couple of days, who knows when I was going to get the car.

Congrats on your purchase, Rally White is a nice choice. Hope to see you at the meet, there\'s one on April 30th.

Cherry
03-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, the dealer says it\'s \"on the train\" and giving a conservative 3 week wait time. Anyone know the average travel time by train from Vancouver to here? I feel like I\'m waiting for Xmas, but don\'t know when Xmas is!!

emc
03-29-2005, 07:58 PM
hi cherry! congrats!

i ordered mine feb 21st monday, it was in vancouver at time of order . . . the guy said it would be 2 weeks approx, and pretty close cause I picked it up on the saturday of the second week . . . so close to 3 weeks i waited! not bad at all, its worth the wait!

Cherry
03-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Well, thanks to all those who responded to my queries.... BUT IT\'S HERE!!! My 2005 White SPORT GT is sitting at the dealership!!! Apparently just after my salesman looked it up, it showed up on the lot several hours later. So stoked! Now, all I have to do is get though the next 2 days!! I bought it in St. Catharines (long story, but good deal) and was planning on visiting the folks on Sat. anyway. So now, I actually have a good reason to go!!

TheProfessor
03-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Excellent, that\'s a pleasant surprise! I was told that our car still has to be made, so I\'m assuming at least 4-6 weeks before we see anything, which is okay cause we have a car to use right now.

TheProfessor
03-31-2005, 04:20 PM
BTW, my friend who bought a 3 the same day I did (we actually bought together to get a great deal) is picking up his car today. That\'s not a bad wait time at all......walk into dealership for first time on Saturday March 26th, 2005 and pick up the car on Thursday March 31st,2005! He was less picky than my wife and I were as he basically gave them a list of the colours he was willing to take (all but three I think). He ended up getting the Tit Grey (of course!), which thankfully was his first choice anyway.